The Truth About Confidence

Kalen

Don Juan
Reaction score
It is in the bible. One of the first posts i read when i found this place.

Anson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kalen
It is in the bible. One of the first posts i read when i found this place.
:eek:

I suppose I don't check the Bible often enough nowdays... altough this one definetly does deserve to be there.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Due to the chance of this being deleted due to time, Matrix has requested me to bump this for it to stay in the High School bible. Thank you.

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"What I'm trying to say is that ultimately you can't MAKE a woman find you attractive by applying 'DJ techniques' unless there is something inherently attractive about you in the first place."

- Austin Allegro

BUMP

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AMF, the quote is true. If the "DJ" techniques include improving on your looks, then i would say the girl COULD find you attractive in the first place.

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump:cool:

kave

Don Juan
Reaction score
wow i just became a member of this forum and already i am very impressed.. and i am learning alot:D

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post, although it seems to be more about being a "mystery" rather than about confidence.

flunky

Reaction score
Originally posted by Nocturnal
My point is not to worry so much about confidence, mystery, being a challenge, ambition etc, but to focus on the things that produce those. Try to improve your sense of humour. Try to be more friendly. Try to improve SOCIAL SKILLS. Big one! Get involved with people, learn how to be a leader. Become comfortable with interacting with other people. Hygiene. Consider if what you are wearing is suitable for you, if it represents what you want people to see you as.

Then comes the confidence. Then mystery is a possibility. Then comes the real challenge.

Then comes the fun.
Excellent post! My recent experiences have verified all of this, especially the social skills part. I spent all year stuck in a rut, living at home with my parents, fretting over my sad situation. Then I went hiking alone in the Bavarian Alps for a week, during the course of which I was forced to do everything for myself, especially talking to people (I speak German, btw), which really boosted my confidence. I met an ultra smart German chick and spent 2 days hiking with her, then I met a hot American graduate (she was part Italian, part something else, but a work of art to look at) in the central train station in Munich - she just seemed to like Irish accents (I even got a nice playful, gentle slap from her) - and finally I met an attractive married lady (whom I would stress I never tried to impress at all) on the plane back to Dublin. She said I was the most interesting person she'd ever met on a flight and she'd like to meet me again, although I didn't give her my contact details because I'm not into home-wrecking.

The point is, when you are upbeat about life, and believe in your ability to be attractive, when you can do bold things like immerse yourself in a foreign culture with a foreign language, you become genuinely interesting, and it's a self-feeding cycle of confidence and positive reactions from women, just as moping around is a self-feeding cycle of fear and negative reactions from women.

WaRpEd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Beautiful post :D
i've noticed alot of people making mistakes like these. I guess it comes with inexperience.

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is an excellent post! :)