The secret to being popular

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This post is meant for those kids who claim they have no social life or want friends badly...

Tonight I've begun to see things in a new light.

I've always known kids like to drink and party, but with me never being one of those kids I never really understood it. Until recently I discovered how it builds comradery among your peers, and how it makes you "popular".

Let me explain.

I went to my first actual "drinking" (only 40% of the people were drinking)party a few days ago. Before I went I thought to myself, "oh man I'm gonna get teased for being there, they know I'm not a huge drinker", but boy was I wrong. I was treated like an old army buddy. Everyone was socializing, laughing, and it felt like everyone was equal.

Let me explain something about girls too. At parties they're like stealing candy from a baby. They'll flirt with you, grind on your ****, all the good stuff and plus you become "known" to other girls. Girls will know you like to have a good time and your social proof will grow exponentially.

Before I left the party to drop a friend off at home, a couple guys were telling me I better come back, but it was getting late seeing I had to work the next morning so I didn't. It was quite the confidence booster.

So all of you who claim to have no social life, etc. Why not go to a party? You may say to yourself, "they'll just boot me out", "I don't know anyone there". To that I say bull****. I noticed there were even complete losers there, along with ugly *****es. The whole crop was there!

So why not loosen up and go to a party? It's completely possible unless your a social wreck to the point of not being salvagable (don't shower, purposely avoid people, etc.).

sjchris

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm

thats post was very inspiring.

NeW2TheGame

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im not a huge drinker myself, but yeah, i agree, just put yourself out there, don't keep your "doors' closed.

dreamx

Banned
Reaction score
itishe said:
This post is meant for those kids who claim they have no social life or want friends badly...

Tonight I've begun to see things in a new light.

I've always known kids like to drink and party, but with me never being one of those kids I never really understood it. Until recently I discovered how it builds comradery among your peers, and how it makes you "popular".

Let me explain.

I went to my first actual "drinking" (only 40% of the people were drinking)party a few days ago. Before I went I thought to myself, "oh man I'm gonna get teased for being there, they know I'm not a huge drinker", but boy was I wrong. I was treated like an old army buddy. Everyone was socializing, laughing, and it felt like everyone was equal.

Let me explain something about girls too. At parties they're like stealing candy from a baby. They'll flirt with you, grind on your ****, all the good stuff and plus you become "known" to other girls. Girls will know you like to have a good time and your social proof will grow exponentially.

Before I left the party to drop a friend off at home, a couple guys were telling me I better come back, but it was getting late seeing I had to work the next morning so I didn't. It was quite the confidence booster.

So all of you who claim to have no social life, etc. Why not go to a party? You may say to yourself, "they'll just boot me out", "I don't know anyone there". To that I say bull****. I noticed there were even complete losers there, along with ugly *****es. The whole crop was there!

So why not loosen up and go to a party? It's completely possible unless your a social wreck to the point of not being salvagable (don't shower, purposely avoid people, etc.).
I disagree with your post, look Im like the biggest loser in my school i have a repuation as nerd,dork,geek,loser or even outcast.It would not make me not popular because nobody likes me nobody will invite me to a party.Your post is a lie,dude trust me there is no parties with guys like me.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah.. the losers that go there at least think people want them there.

But when everybody's drinking.. it doesn't matter. Especially at your age dreamx, your not 11. Their not going.. "eww he isn't cool enough stop drinking!"

Why not just disallusion yourself into thinking people do want you around and then mabye after a lot of growing up.. people may want you around.

DJ HOSSIX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is Your Post Implying The Only Way To Build Up Social Status Is Wimp Out On Your Own Morals And Drink Just To Look Cool?

Going To Parties Is A Great Social Builder Because Theres Always Talk About Who Was There And What Happened The Next Day.

But If Your Point Is To Go And Get Wasted When Your Not A Heavey Drinker Just To Look Cool....

You Lack Confidence, Your A Pvssy To Not Find Other Ways, And Peer Pressure OWNS You.

If Your Thread Implies This....I Disagree.

If Your A Total Geek Build Social Status By Helping The Kids In Your Class.
After You Meet Them And Become Comfortable Around Them Begin Adding
Some C&F, Your Reputation Will Go Up And Youll Feel Good, Hit The Gym And Mall And Begin On Self Improvement, And So On.

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dreamx quit being such a damn hermit.

You will get no friends if you believe you will get no friends. I'm sure there's a few caucasian guys in your school, so don't give me the everyone's hispanic/african american crap so they won't wanna hang out with you.

Is Your Post Implying The Only Way To Build Up Social Status Is Wimp Out On Your Own Morals And Drink Just To Look Cool?

Going To Parties Is A Great Social Builder Because Theres Always Talk About Who Was There And What Happened The Next Day.

But If Your Point Is To Go And Get Wasted When Your Not A Heavey Drinker Just To Look Cool....

You Lack Confidence, Your A Pvssy To Not Find Other Ways, And Peer Pressure OWNS You.

If Your Thread Implies This....I Disagree.

If Your A Total Geek Build Social Status By Helping The Kids In Your Class.
After You Meet Them And Become Comfortable Around Them Begin Adding
Some C&F, Your Reputation Will Go Up And Youll Feel Good, Hit The Gym And Mall And Begin On Self Improvement, And So On.
Woah there buddy, settle down eh?

Let me pull your head out of your ass so you can experience the "moment of clarity".

No where in my story did I tell you that I even drank a sip of alcohol. I even mentioned the fact I gave my buddy a ride home...

I didn't say you had to become a huge drinker to become cool, I said if you attend parties you'll become "cool". Teens are shallow to that kind of thing, and in the end you'll just be having a good time anyways.

Get off your moral high horse and make sure all your points are accurate before accusing me.

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you read his post, it doesn't advocate drinking it advocates going to parties. And going to parties is an excellent way to get more friends and become more popular, whether you drink or not. Though it isn't the one way to become popular it will absolutely help you out unless you are dreamx. Excellent post.

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's more parties than just those that involve alcohol:)

I watch movies with friends, and I used to go to house warming parties, wedding parties, even gaming parties(board game, video game, card game, and roleplaying games)

The original story holds true for every kind of party...

EVEN IF, you are a loser when you go, as long as you can admit it, people will accept it and will try to have fun trying to get you to fit in.

Juanito

Don Juan
Reaction score
if i could add just a lil more to what itishe is trying to say...

its simple, popular=socially active

therefore, attending parties, hanging out with friends, playing sports, participating in clubs/hobbies pretty much anything that involves social interaction is key to your good rep.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dreamx said:
I disagree with your post, look Im like the biggest loser in my school i have a repuation as nerd,dork,geek,loser or even outcast.It would not make me not popular because nobody likes me nobody will invite me to a party.Your post is a lie,dude trust me there is no parties with guys like me.
There is. Now stop fuvking whining and feeling sorry for yourself. Your school is different then everyone elses. You don't WANT to fit in, so that's why there is no party for guys like you in YOUR school.

You belong to a different social class, one that your school does not offer--since it's an all "ghetto" school.

If you want to enjoy your life, put yourself out there in a different crowd. There is more to life than SCHOOL. There's an entire WORLD out there. Step outside, get your ass off the computer chair and GO. Stop posting "I'm a loser" in RE to every thread on this forum.

It's pathetic. You're being pathetic. If you desperately want to change that--which, I am sure you do--then DO it. STOP talking about it.

Consider this to be your wake up call, and everyone ELSE like him, or who can relate to him! We don't need this crap in this forum. This forum is a place for change, and inspiration; a place where individuals can learn from mistakes and improve; a place for self-development.

Muphaser

Don Juan
Reaction score
You know ppl, or you turn up b...

End of the academic year - theres loads then

life_of_a_legend

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeh exactly just put yourself "out there" and make new acquaintances then eventually you'll get invited to all sorts of parties.

For example i befriended this church girl and now i go to church with her saturday nights coz her dad's the pastor...even though I'm catholic lol, but the good thing is that her church also holds little "after parties" (no drinking though coz its a church thang) and she always asks me to accompany her and yeh we do have a lot of fun with eachother.

Another instance is that by putting myself "out there" this guy whose a little older than most students (his 20 and still in highschool) befriended me and invites me to the sickest parties...professional DJ's (disk jockeys not don juans) security and a minibar! but I'm too young to drink but anyway my point is that there's a lot of 20 year old hot blooded women there...who like to flirt:up:

But parties aren't the only way to get noticed etc, but also by playing a sport/ joining a gym etc.

And to DreamX...you gotta work on your self esteem man...girls don't like guys who don't even like themselves.

Mr_rogers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
life_of_a_legend said:
And to DreamX...you gotta work on your self esteem man...girls don't like guys who don't even like themselves.
People in general don't like people who don't even like themselves.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent Post. Parties are a great way to have fun, meet new people, and boost confidence. And Dreamx quit whining. If you think like a loser ... mhmm what does that make you?:kick:

don juan jr

Don Juan
Reaction score
well since everybody is different, everybody will have different tolerance.

another thing that will affect this is your body composition... if you are 180 pure muscle, you probaby will get smashed after a few.

however, if you are 180 all fat it will take a lot to put you down. i weight 150 with an athletic build and i felt a buzz after about 3 shots of vodka my first time.

keep drinking and you'll build tolerance ;)

do not drink and drive, i repeat for emphasis. DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE, espcially if this is your first time.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel like skipping all this "I don't approve of this post" or "This post is inspiring part" and I'll tell you what I think. Why? Because I can.

This post is alright. Chances are some of these kids are going to read it and be like "Oh no, I can't" You know what I say? That hot girl you want is coming home with me you p*ssy.

Then theres those kids that say "Yah man, thats totally on" To these kids I salute you. It takes time. You aren't going to be an overnight stud, though. That only happens when you bang the hot PE teacher.

dreamx

Banned
Reaction score
mpimpin said:
Excellent Post. Parties are a great way to have fun, meet new people, and boost confidence. And Dreamx quit whining. If you think like a loser ... mhmm what does that make you?:kick:
First of all im not whining and when did I post that I think like a loser,Never!I said people think of me as a loser and in highschool im known as loser,nerd,geek,dork.And how can I go to parties if nobody wants me there nobody invities me to parties,trust me i have asked but they all said no.