The Problem of Working Out

Safari

Don Juan
Reaction score
My question: How should I reprioritized my schedule to fit EVERYTHING?
I can't guess everything that makes up your actual daily schedule, but is it possible you have overextended yourself? How much of what you occupy your time with is truly vital? Maybe you shouldn't try to fit everything in, but instead see if there is something that can be removed? Can you find nothing that you could sacrifice to commit that time to working out?

He doesnt have to. Youre using his post to call him lazy. If hes asking how he can do it in less time, tell him. People post to get advice, not to be forced to conform to your standards. He might really have no time(wh knows).
If there's no excess TV or AIM, then I'm not calling him lazy. He may be prioritizing more highly some areas of his life that require a lot of work and focus. It's just the fact that everything else has been chosen over weightlifting, regardless of whether it is easy or hard.

"Having" time is just a perception. I think it is a rare person whose entire waking life has been forceably preallocated. This is about not blaming external forces (there's not enough time), but taking responsibility for what in truth is your own desicion, and either doing something to change your situation or accepting the status quo.

Deciding to incorporate weightlifting into your life can be a major life change. You have to rearrange your schedule, plan your meals, get the right amount of sleep, lay off the partying, etc, or more, depending on your lifestyle. It is not easy to do, that's why even in a large city my gym is not often full. If it were easy, everyone would do it.

Next year, when I move to a house -- I will get a home gym. until then... what do you suggest I do?
I've gone the route both of the home gym and club membership. Personally, I recommend going with a membership if possible. I found it hard to stay motivated at home, and the home units pale next to the variety and quality of equipment a gym offers. Plus you can meet people there who can offer help to you. But if you weren't planning on getting a home unit now anyway, just go for the membership.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would have no problem getting a membership at my new home -- I doubt there is a gym nearby. Most likely, I will have to drive. Speaking of driving. I need to skim through the manuel and attempt to take the test tomorrow or next week.

I have reached a conclusion as to my gym activity.

drsquat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why workout? Lets see, well I am middle aged. While others around me are having heart attacks and strokes I am having trouble getting a 500 pound squat. While others my age complain they cant walk up a flight of stairs without getting out of breath I complain cause at the end of karate class i am wasted. I am old but I dont have a problem running a couple of miles. Ok , my last blood pressure check was 106/60 . And someone says, why workout. It beats being old. And its nice to have some girl say you have a good ass.
And I am an average joe or below average. It is better to be fit and down on yourself than it is to be unfit and down on yourself anyway you look at it.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. I make working out FIT in my busy schedule.

How? Simple. Wake up early and go to the gym. Then go to school, come back and follow my schedule.

Gym 6am-7am. Then school. After I have plenty of time for study, etc.

I will test this out and keep you posted. It should work well. One main muscle a day because I only have an hour of working out before I go to school. Is this beneficial?

When I get my DJ licenses (DJ Licence: Junior Drivers License) it will be much easier to commute to school from the gym. The gym is two long blocks away, however it will save plently of time driving to school as opposed to waiting for the bus.

I will go for my permit test either tomorrow, or next Friday.

Safari

Don Juan
Reaction score
One main muscle a day because I only have an hour of working out before I go to school. Is this beneficial?
It depends if you're trying to gain weight or lose weight. If you're trying to gain, 3 days per week is enough. A common 3 day split is Triceps/Chest/Shoulders on one day, Biceps/Back on the second day, and then Legs on the third day.

Keep us posted!

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
UPDATE: I moved 15 blocks away from the gym. Therefore, I run to the gym on my gym days. Those days are four to five days a week; sometimes it runs up to six.

AND I successfully passed my permit test. In 2006, I will take driversED and go for my Road Test.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like any decisions, work out what your getting and work out what your giving up.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not giving up anything. I take breaks at home from study. Too long at times. The gym will fill that void of boredom.

When I return I shall jump right back into what I get out to accomplish. It is perfect!

I will create workout journal today, so to all the readers: Check it out!

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why do you get on a 2 day a week program?

M and TH

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It sure is, and most here would make great progress on a 2 day split, send me a pm man and i'll help you out.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT-

You're doin EXMGQ's 3 day split right now right?? Making good gains off it?

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm actually following the general outline of a workout from the book beyond brawn, i recommend everyone read it (PM if your interested in the book...wink wink)

Its 2 days a week and i'm feeling a lot better than i was when i was doing 5day, 4day, or 3 day a week work out.

As for gains i'm still doing the "ego breaking phase" when I go below the weight I usually do and work back up to it using very good form. The next phase is when i go way past my previous personal records and the biggest gains are made:) i'll keep you updated if your interested.