The Official Boot Camp Results Thread

elmnick

Don Juan
Reaction score
12 more today, 13 to go
I will get 13 no problem I think, it's nowhere near is difficult or weird as it was earlier in the week, still not saying hi to hot girls or to people in groups or to people who look busy though

ItWasntMe

Don Juan
Reaction score
*RHCP* said:
You guys don't mind if I start late and post in this thread do you?

I might also have to do a 'week 0' as i am very behind in social skills
Of course not. Don't worry about the week 0 as the boot camp starts off from the VERY beginning at the point where you just use a lot of eye contact and say hi to the occasional stranger walking by, nothing complicated. If you're too shy to say hi then don't worry, you can have a week 0 where all you do is build up your confidence with the techniques taught on this site (and mainly eye contact) before proceeding to saying hi to people in week 1.

Good luck!

sam3083

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, so week 1 was pretty good all round it looks like. It seems like pretty much everyone got there 50 hi's, and did the eye contact.

I probably learnt the importance of smiling and being positive. People respond to you much better. Its alot easier to get 50 hi's when your similing and being positive then being depressed and frowning.

ONWARD TO WEEK 2!!!

navyseal2101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, so I have 10 convos already, im going to get 10 more.

Touchout

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I still have a few more to go:whistle:

I'll just finish them with week 2 because I haven't had a chance to go out for the past 3 days, too much work.

elmnick

Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't make it either
today was sunday so most of the shops were closed
and it didn't stop raining all day
and I had stuff to do
I still got 5 though so I'm on 42/50, I'll finish them in week 2 also

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a small request...

Can some of you guys start posting with a bit more detail? Instead of just saying "got 10 approaches" or "got eye contact," post about how you got it.

elmnick

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would ditto that request, although I found that there's not much you can say about techniques involved about going up to someone and saying hi, I mostly said hi to people walking the opposite way to me on a pavement, having made eye contact
I would ask NavySeal how he got his 10 convos already and what experience he got from it and what advices he would give to the rest of us starting week 2

navyseal2101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey hows it going guys, I started convos from day 1, thats how I have them already, as I said I kinda had week 2 experience before this, but i'm just following the schedual. Week 3 I havent gotten to yet. My further convos I will post for sure. The experience I got from it is now its ALOT easier to make convos flow, not really anymore awkward pauses like I used to have. Also I can end convos quicker. I'll try to get examples within like a few days. Oh yea and i've learned to assume the sale. GL guys, keep us updated.

Last edited:

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a request. Examples of completing your tasks and advice for others is great, but limit it. We don't need ten reports of the same approach or similar conversations. Thanks

navyseal2101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, I know what you mean. I'll just post relly good ones or really bad ones.

GaryUranga

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll post in more detail, week 1 is over for me, I started last monday, so it ends tomorrow, sadly I got only 28/50 his I'll try to get that to 40 at least tomorrow as a bonus, but anyways I practised eye contact the WHOLE time I was with ppl, so fro mthe 120mins youre supposed to do it I took it to like 20hours or somehting :p week 2 starts tomorrow and from what Ive overread its supposed to be 10 conversations of 2-10mins, I had a few convos over the weekend, and I actually was groped by 2 chicks at the same time lastnight :p (long story) anyways Im gonna read tomorrows material.

*RHCP*

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I'm starting my week 0, which is asking random people for the time. I find this heaps easier than saying hi but it is still slightly out of my comfort zone.

I'm going to go for 30, because my holidays just ended (australia) and I am very stretched for time. I'm hoping than once I do this I will be motivated enough to make enough time for the 50 hi's. I'm not even sure how I'm going to fit in this week, but I'll find a way.

navyseal2101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Gary, please do tell how this happened, sounds like fun. I think I may go out today, and definatly tommorow, and tommorow im hanging with the HB9.

GaryUranga

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well it was agroup settign I went out with 3 friends(guys) and they brought some other friends 2 of which were girls, at some point we were dancing and I got into the center of the group so the girls just started dacnign with me :p it wasnt awesome DJ skills, it just happened

anyways today I wokeup with 27/50 his and I didnt wanna leave week 1 like that so I went to school and on my way back I decided to get off the bus in downtown, I wasnt gonan leave downtown without my his, took me liek 20 mins of walkign around (stupid I know but the AFC takes over sometimes) to finally say hi to someone, as I got my first hi I wa son a roll and went for 25 his, I didnt care what the people said or if they said hi back or not I just went in there, held eye contact and if they held it too I would say hi, its funny but very few people actually hold eye contact and even fewer say hi back I only got 5 ppl to say hi out of 24, the rest would just shy-out.

also, technically waht counts for conversations? today I got into a conversation with 2 acquainces dunno if that counts also when I was getting home I made a few comments to 2 ladies that were waiting for the levator and they just started talking to me and makign conversation.

if both of those count I have 2/10 convos
also 51/50 his

A Sharp Pencil

Reaction score
Well, I'm gona start a week behind everyone because I didn't see this thread.

I guess I'll learn from everyone's success/failure from the week before.

elmnick

Don Juan
Reaction score
I finished my hi's with 8 today
2 of them were guys raising money for charity who would have approached my anyway but it all counts
Almost everyone I said hi to says hi back or at least acknolodges me like 3 out of 4
and one of the people I said hi to was someone I said hi to earlier in the week and she said hello to me, she was fairly old though and not good looking :(

I also got at least 4 good convo's, but I don't think these count as they took place at a hospice at which I'm volunteering, so it would be hard to avoid having lots of convo's, I don't think these count

Nygard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, random people here seem to be better at talking than saying Hi. Got 5 convos of 10 with all kind of people, ranging from a bus driver to a pair of hot chicks.I basically asked, then gave opinion, made them think and talk. So far so good!

Giacomo Girolamo

Reaction score
Hello Guys!!!

I´m in too... I´m very enthusiastical about following the DJ BC to improve my DJ skills, although I´ve been sarging for 3 or 4 months.

I´ve started my 1st week today. I triet eye contact with some HBs, but I couldn´t complete the sequence "getting eye contact - smiling - saying hi", because people usually don´t look at somelse´s eyes usually, I think. But I will go on trying.

Altought It´s been hard to get it, I started convos with 4 HBs in the gym, simply making some C&F comments about the funny ways they´re doing the exercises. For example, in one situation, I commented the the HB was almost sleeping and she´d better drinking some stimulant drink. I´ve got good reactions in those situations.

On the street, I tried to approach a moving target, saying her a "hello", but it didn´t work. No problem.

So, it´s missing 45 now...

navyseal2101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, im going out tonight officialy, so i'll post later tonight or tommorow about experiences.