the id vs the ego: why do we control ourselves so much?

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: the id vs the ego: why do we control ourselves so much?

Originally posted by myfriendblu
I was about to say something like "Only girls are overtly carefull about other people's opinions about them. Then i remembered you ARE a girl, LOL :p .
ha ha! my dear blu friend, this whole website is all about controlling others perceptions of you! how to make a chic interested. how long to wait to call so that you don't come across desperate. how to seem cool and aloof when inside emotions and desires are screaming the truth. how to make her think you are fine if she dumps you or doesn't call you or says she needs space or plays you or cheats on you or thinks your d!ck is too small.

gangi methods.
nlp patterns.
creating rapport.
kill that desperation.
fcuk 10 girls.
don't say this, don't do that. or she'll think this.
say this, do that. so she won't think this.

this site is all about other's opinions about them, and how to control them for your own purposes, usually so you'll seem like something, whether it is false or true. what is important to so many is how it seems.

you understand? and you might not be desperate. you might be cool. you might be the sh!t. but rather than just letting your own natural ways tell that about you, you try to seem that way.

well fcuk that sh!t.

i'm throwing snowballs at my ex tomorrow. :D

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: the id vs the ego: why do we control ourselves so much?

Originally posted by iqqi
ha ha! my dear blu friend, this whole website is all about controlling others perceptions of you! how to make a chic interested. how long to wait to call so that you don't come across desperate. how to seem cool and aloof when inside emotions and desires are screaming the truth. how to make her think you are fine if she dumps you or doesn't call you or says she needs space or plays you or cheats on you or thinks your d!ck is too small.

gangi methods.
nlp patterns.
creating rapport.
kill that desperation.
fcuk 10 girls.
don't say this, don't do that. or she'll think this.
say this, do that. so she won't think this.

this site is all about other's opinions about them, and how to control them for your own purposes, usually so you'll seem like something, whether it is false or true. what is important to so many is how it seems.

you understand? and you might not be desperate. you might be cool. you might be the sh!t. but rather than just letting your own natural ways tell that about you, you try to seem that way.

well fcuk that sh!t.

i'm throwing snowballs at my ex tomorrow. :D
That may be why some guys come here, but that's not the better part of what we're about here, and you would do well to learn that.

The essence of everything we teach here is to find your true masculine nature and cultivate it, becoming a better person in the mean-while. Its a call to toss off the fetters of a society which varies between idealizing the feminine and supression of the masculine. In short it shows us who we are, challenges our perceptions of what we should be and reminds us of our true natures and that lying to ourselves by pretending otherwise leads to nothing but misery.

Most everything we teach on this site has other effective real world applications. NLP can be used to persuade a coworker to do something we would have them do. Creating rapport is little more than making friends. Desperation is only killed when you take back the power to bestow upon or deprive you of happiness from others. Surely even you can understand the importance of making sure you're sending the right message? On it goes...

In short once you become a better man others opinions of you will change naturally. But the first step in becoming that better man is to stop caring what others think of you. I resent your characteristic short-shrifting of us and our purposes here as the petulent ramblings of people obsessed with others perceptions of us. You may be (and your actions speak to this effect), but we are not. Initially that may be why in our moment of weakness we came, but that's not why we stay and you just don't get it. This is why your presence accords you nothing more than a begrudged tolerance from me. This is why I feel this forum is better off without you.

-CyranoDeBergerac

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cyrano,

This is obviously just iqqi's justification for acting immature.

Sorry, some men are here to improve themselves and their outlook on life, women, career, people. The DJ method is just a tool for people to use as they "find themselves" and become the men they want to become.

Sure there are others who still havent grasped the concept, and are too worried what people think of them.

But thats a really lame way to use the people struggling here as a means to justify your own actions & refusal to be mature and grow up.

Ya, you go throw snowballs, punch everyone who did you wrong, or throw a crying spell when you dont get what you want.

you obviously havent been paying attention to what the consequences of giving into your "ID" vs. following the path of maturity (even though it may not feel right for you)

Reaction score
Iqqi, you are a prime example of the average American white chick that roams the countryside today.

I'm not saying this to deride you but take this as a reprimand and for your future edification. When a woman gives her physical all (has sex) with a man - something very valuable is given to him and by this act she has diminished her value in the eyes of that man.

White American women today are the most disrespected on the planet and are viewed as hors in the eyes of men because they are! Your actions make you who you are and your talk of the 'ego' and the 'id' is meaningless because in the end it has nothing to do with your or anyone's perceptions but rather it has to do with your actions and only you are the author of those actions!

You are the author of your own actions and when a man judges you based on your conduct and deems you as unworthy for anything else but a lay, then don't become angry and bitter or have animosity towards him for making a sound judgment, Be angry at yourself for being who and what you are that put you in this ‘unworthy’ category.

“PR_L, I’m not unworthy! You exclaim.

Solution to your woes…

In your next relationships do this…do not open your legs to men and test them to see how long men stick around to keep your company – only then can you be sure that he wants you and not your vagina! If he wants you as a person he will persevere to the end, if not he’ll flee.

Of course women don’t do this today (celibacy/virgin), that is why they have become so distraught by their own hands, or should I say vagina, and are left with child with no father crying in the wilderness. Women have become like men in their sexual actions but do not have the emotional armor to protect their hearts! As stated in my other posts, this applies to you…

A woman’s mental and emotional nature, as a female, is fundamentally and spiritually different than a man’s nature. But women, as of late, have mimicked men in satisfying their physical appetites, and sexual gratification and pursuits; however, they have done this without the emotional and mental armor that is embedded within a man’s nature. This armor separates us, emotionally and mentally, from the sex act and the sex act is mainly (I said mainly) a relief valve for our innate carnal lusts that we seek a release from (for procreation purposes this aggressive desire is needed – that is why we are pursuers – you call it testosterone on this site – I call it the divine nature of a man). Women, generally speaking, view the sex act differently than a man does, they feel as if it is something more than physical. What man feels a need to cuddle after sex? I know there are a lot of emasculated and homosexual men on this site, but you are not my audience so got to homo hell with your effeminate thinking!!

Didn’t you have a thread titled, “Men don’t like easy woman”?

How can I phrase this delicately…Iqqi, you are an‘easy’ woman.

dillin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you think it is that women who go out with a player in the end always end up getting so upset and angry anyways? I always see how when it comes to AFC's the girl will always use him as a doormat and never have any feelings period for him eather it be positive or negative.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: the id vs the ego: why do we control ourselves so much?

Originally posted by CyranoDeBergerac
I resent your characteristic short-shrifting of us and our purposes here as the petulent ramblings of people obsessed with others perceptions of us. You may be (and your actions speak to this effect), but we are not...
-CyranoDeBergerac
yo cdb. i resent your whole you vs. us argument you have here. who exactly are you lumping together when you say "us"? surely you know better than that.

anyways, i hear what you are saying and i agree that is the way it should be. we should all be here because

it shows us who we are, challenges our perceptions of what we should be and reminds us of our true natures and that lying to ourselves by pretending otherwise leads to nothing but misery.
but even the best of us tend to care what others think. i am not saying that is the same as calculating every move in because you care what everyone thinks. i am saying that we DO care what some think, especially people we really care about and have really invested in. and men as well as women tend to act slightly if not completely different around members of the opposite sex that we are interested in. is this not the truth? why are you acting like i am making a completely false and horrible accusation?

my purpose is not to condemn or to accuse. i am here to reach understanding of what i as well as everyone here does, so that i can too
challenges our perceptions of what we should be and reminds us of our true natures and that lying to ourselves by pretending otherwise leads to nothing but misery.
nobody here is perfect when it comes to not only caring what another thinks (that is normal and not a bad thing in many cases) but trying to manipulate what another thinks, even if it is true regardless of manipulation! is this a lie? or are you just being argumentative because i am iqqi and i am a female?

PRL- i feel what you are saying. i think your prognosis is a little prejudgmentive of me, but overall i agree with you about how a woman should act.
it seems that you are coming at me more on a personal note and saying that what has happened with these men is because i slept with them, and that is not the truth of the matter. if you really care to discuss it more do not hesitate to use the PM feature of this website! otherwise, i would like to know what you think about the point of this thread, and not my personal issues i brought up.

Manoman- my thread is not "justification for being immature", but i would really like to hear WHY you think what i am saying is immature? i am dead serious, that is why i started the thread. at what point are my actions immature? because if you are going by my personal ongoing stories i am sharing, there are 2. the whole situation with rappaboy (which i think was handled very well) and mentalman (which is why i started this thread, and i admit to confusion on how to deal).

popcorn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats not true im totally truefull with women and its got me nowhere ever.

popcorn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Women CANT DEAL with truth they hate it, any man who tells the truth, is direct honest will be laughed at i know its happened to me im begginning to lie and not be truefull and the results are much better, although still no date.

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but for past wrongs, what would you do? if you were holding onto anger that should be expired, but not for you, what would you do? it is complex.
Its only complex because your pride gets in the way.

Funny. You go on and on about how you just wanna be free from others perceptions of you, yet you persist in worrying about what this fool thinks!

Honestly, you need to close this chapter or the bitterness will resonate into future relationships. I had similar baggage myself till recently.

My first love ended in a horrible break-up and we didnt speak for 8 years. Finally we got in touch again and met up a few months ago. It was cool seeing her again and we caught up on our lives..but there came a point when all the garbage just had to come out.

We got into a HUGE fight. It got pretty ugly and the gloves came off as we ripped old wounds wide open. We both ended up crying uncontrollably and finishing it off with some very steamy loving (which surprised the hell out of both of us). It brought back all the pain/joy of the past in one fell swoop. It was pretty powerful.

Not saying you should give your ex a hate-fukk either, but you do need to confront homeboy and drop this baggage of yours. Throwing snowballs, while temporarily satisfying your rage, will not uproot the problem or give you closure. Call him. Meet up with him at a public place to take the edge off and just speak your mind. Say all those things you always wanted to say. If he refuses to meet, then write him a letter and get it all off your chest somehow.

Remember...

"No Fear, No regrets"

click here to see why this is my latest mantra...

http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48484

i am the wind, baybee! i am a tornado that rips through, unless i have my eye on you....
That is dope. You should like, write poetry or something.

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

yo cdb. i resent your whole you vs. us argument you have here. who exactly are you lumping together when you say "us"? surely you know better than that.
I know better than to resort to us vs them arguments in the battle of the sexes. I'm not attacking your gender, iqqi. I'm attacking your ignorance of what we, meaning the DJs on this site, stand for. Who is us?!?!? The DJs. The men on this site who want to better themselves. You specifically state:
ha ha! my dear blu friend, this whole website is all about controlling others perceptions of you!

You literally stated that the whole point in any of us getting together here and helping each other is specifically to help all of us keep up appearances! You advocate the idea that everyone on here is a slave to others perceptions of them. Not only is that pathetic, its also diametrically opposed to everything we stand for. We are not deliberate liars and fakes. We want to BE better men, not just appear to be, and that is what we encourage each other to become.
anyways, i hear what you are saying and i agree that is the way it should be.
While you may 'hear' what I'm saying you obviously don't 'understand' what I'm saying. I am telling you how it is, not how it should be and you're too wrapped up in your own empotional melodrama where you are the star, the producer and the director that you don't even recognize our purpose, much less the nobility of it.
but even the best of us tend to care what others think. i am not saying that is the same as calculating every move in because you care what everyone thinks. i am saying that we DO care what some think, especially people we really care about and have really invested in. and men as well as women tend to act slightly if not completely different around members of the opposite sex that we are interested in. is this not the truth? why are you acting like i am making a completely false and horrible accusation?
Because you are! You're defaming this site and all of its members by grossly misinterpreting the very reason we're all here! Yes, when sexual involvement is a factor, people do tend to change their attitudes. This is exactly what we fight here, i.e. knocking women off their pedastal.

I can honestly say that I carry the attitude that if you like me and what I stand for great, fantastic, whatever; one less obstacle to overcome, and perhaps another friend to overcome it with. If you don't like me and what I stand for, great, fantastic, whatever; I'm not exactly going to take it as a personal loss and lose sleep over the fact. This is the DJ attitude. I think this is just about the best way to sum up the DJ position on how much we care about what other's think. I learned this attitude through trial by fire after trial by fire.
my purpose is not to condemn or to accuse. i am here to reach understanding of what i as well as everyone here does, so that i can too
I'm casting pearls here, let's see what you can grasp.
nobody here is perfect when it comes to not only caring what another thinks (that is normal and not a bad thing in many cases) but trying to manipulate what another thinks, even if it is true regardless of manipulation! is this a lie? or are you just being argumentative because i am iqqi and i am a female?
I was actually wondering how long it would take you to ask aloud whether or not I just hate women. Quite the opposite actually. I think many women have made worthwhile contributions. Wyldfire, ShortyBrown, Mysterywoman, I respect all of them. I discriminate based on character not gender. And don't even try to make the argument that discrimination is wrong in any form, because its not.

Let's get personal for a bit. You ask PRL what he thinks about the purpose of this thread and not any personal history on your part. The purpose of this thread is you pitching the b1tch about the internal conflict between wanting to do something and knowing to do something. This has everything to do with your personal decisions. I hate to say this, but PRL has some very valid points which can even be backed up by evolutionary psychology! In the meantime you make this sound like some life or death struggle here, I mean "The id vs the ego?" gimme a break! You strive for the dramatic in all of your threads. "I am the wind, a tornado!" "I sat down before him as if a child" (that last one was particularly nauseating.) Everything takes on this Homeric quality with you and you insist on trailing these stale breadcrumbs throughout a site whose sole purpose is to make us better men. The world does not hang in the balance because you can't decide whether you want to throw snowballs at your ex! (Speaking of which, you ask at which point you're being juvenile. I don't have the time to indulge that one) I mean really, why are you here?

Manoman was spot on, and I salute him for it when he said you were justifying your own immaturity. You care waaaaaaaaay too much about what others think and insist on regaling us with tales of the same and then when I confront you on it, you say that everybody does it so what's the big deal? The big deal is that that's a huge problem and quite frankly makes you sound like a self-absorbed teen drama-queen. WTF? This whole thread is nothing but a giant mental masturbation of your ego who insists you carry the utmost gravitas in your dilemma. If you have a problem, we've already more than answered you. Don't try to impose the facade of a Jungian lecture out of it.

-CyranoDeBergerac

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As Cyrano said, you hear the advice but take no effort processing what we say.

Your original thread was about the id & ego no? The Id from what I know is the child-like-do whatever the hell you want without thinking of consequences

The ego is that part of your psyche that tells you what is acceptable behavior and what isnt

your statements "i always find myself with this same argument whenever i get the urge to do something i know i shouldn't"

or

"why not go out with a bang? why not scream and say what is really on your mind? "

The same reason adults dont throw childlike tantrums to get what they want, or try to bully people or cry whenever they dont get what they want

Its about understanding yourself and the world/people around you, learning to control your emotions and developing your maturity level

not about giving in to your ID without a medium and lashing out or speaking your rage or throwing snowballs

If you are thinking of having a mature conversation with mentalrappaboy and come to some resolution or closure

Thats just fine. But my take is you just want to express your anger and tell them off in the guise of trying to "clear things up"

This is probably way over your head at your age, but good luck anyway

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:mad: <throws snowballs at manoman and cyranodebergerac>

hahahahahha! betcha didn't see that one coming! :D

the personal issues in my mind involving the mentalman ex surpass the trivial issue of what he thinks about me. somehow i feel it is a lot more complicated than that, but thanks anyways for casting pearls. i tried to keep it more general than my own issue, but it seems we got stuck there. thanks anyways for the thoughts and ideas, as well as the constructive criticism of my character.

peace.

fingz, from the things you say and the way you speak i can tell you have been through alot of pain. and the reward for not only surviving, but maintaining your beautiful mind and extraordinary way of seeing things, is wisdom. wisdom tends to be a beacon of light in the darkness that most would just succumb to. thank you for always chiming in for me, and advising rather than condemning. and thank you for the personal illustrations you share with me. i am honored to have you as a friend, do not think that i do not realize or appreciate this.

once again i am so sorry about your friend, i personally feel that we carry them with us always. in our actions and perceptions, as well as our hearts and souls. they are imprints on our character.

sometimes life can seem so unfair.

Reaction score
Wow, Cyrano complimented me publicly! I love you too Cyrano, I love you too!

Iqqi, my counsel to you was right on target. I gave you what you needed and the solution to your woes. You always seem to title your threads and proceed with discussions in an abstract manner and throw around one-line statements that show your resolve and unbroken spirit, but on the inside you are a broken shell.

The hell with the id and the ego and all this Freudian nonsense - lets talk about the human spirit and our interactions amongst one another - we can all understand and relate to this.

Your main point of this thread is, “Why can’t we all just be honest and be our true selves“ – so I took your thread to heart and I was honest with you and gave you words of advice that others would not give - then you call me judgmental. So I indirectly made you answer the question to your own thread…”People don’t like honesty because it brings us pain!”

But truth is good for us because we need pain to heal and with pain comes tears that seem to have a cleansing effect on our hearts and this soothes our minds so that we may start fresh once again. Your personal pain is visible through your general commentary in all of your threads - at least I see it.

Your (women generally today) mindset and interactions with men are at the root of many of your relationship problems, because you and women like you have gone astray from their true nature and have tried to mimic men in the mental and sexual arena and women have shunned their feminine self and neglected their proper familial responsibilities and abandoned their natural roles in the male/female equation.

Because of this changed and unnatural mindset, all hell has broken loose, and women, more so than men, are paying a heavy emotional toll, which is evident in their disparaging comments and negative attitude and ill behavior towards men.

When women revert to their natural feminine mindset and embrace their proper role in the romantic relationship, there will be a greater likelihood that they will find peace within themselves and within their household!

Iqqi, rebuke and condemnation are ok if it is to correct a wrongful conduct or action and if words are shared to guide and correct and not to punish.