the hidden lonely world

Red_Tiger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone share my thoughts, that getting a girlfriend is one of the hardest tasks in life these days, and keeping one even harder. My task is even harder as there are no women at work

It's quiz night in my local pub tonight, every week the bar has women, but always with their boyfriends. You find a nice pub, women come with their boyfriends.

The only place you can meet groups of girls are night clubs, where the music is so damm loud, and you have to act like a clown to get their attention.

Yet during the day you see lots of lovely girls everywhere, but in England if you try and talk to them they will probably think you are a weirdo.

And yet the tv is full of shows where men have stunning girlfriends a sympathetic wife. The women are gorgeous, life is great etc..

Reality can be something different though. The bubs I see in my town are full of lonely men of all ages. No wonder we have a drink problems. One girl from Poland commented when she came to the pub for the first time, why are all the bars and pubs full of men and no women? so its not just me

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have always wondered that myself as I always find myself in the ski club, my hunting club, bars etc, with 75% men and 25% women. The only place with more women is a disco (sometimes)

I do not know where the women are although I often see mixed groups at restuarants with 3 or 4 men and 7 or 8 women. I assume the men are boyfriends of some of the woemn and the other women are alone, single. BUt you cannot approach or break into a group at a restuarant.

My best advise is to find a hobby that women enjoy like cooking and sign up for a class in it.. maybe you will get looking. But I have to admit there just seems to be a shortage of attractive women. Fat women are everywhere these days....

Dietzcoi

Red_Tiger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks I totally agree. Whats it like in Germany?. I consider myslef reasonably good looking, intelligent and can I find a nice girlfriend no. Most of my friends in their 30's are single.

I can have one night stands with slappers at clubs, but no thanks.

Yet tv and magazines paint this lovely world of dating and attractive women tempting you. All in life is great. By the way in England there does not seem to be such a thing as dating, its just drunken sex.

Jamo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
a lil secret

In Russia the ratio of women to men is almost 2:1. And women here are extremely conscious of how they look (men are scarce therefore automatically become the prize)

Jamo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
a lil secret

Ratio of women to men here in Russia is close to 2:1. And because of that women are very conscious of how the look. :woo:

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Red_Tiger
Does anyone share my thoughts, that getting a girlfriend is one of the hardest tasks in life these days, and keeping one even harder.
Ever been in a long relationship? Some days you're just like "what the f*ck am I doing with my life?". Its the same old stuff.. go over to her place, try to find something fun to do for awhile, have meaningless sex (that you don't even want to have.. but you're forced to because you've been with her for 3 years), then you go home. It's not that great.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Red_Tiger

It's quiz night in my local pub tonight, every week the bar has women, but always with their boyfriends. You find a nice pub, women come with their boyfriends.

Yet during the day you see lots of lovely girls everywhere, but in England if you try and talk to them they will probably think you are a weirdo.
You are right on "hard to find". You want quality (at least in some sense) and quality is always hard to find or you have to pay a huge price.

Don't you think pubs\bars are bad place to meet women? You are saying it! Just quit going there. Go to stores, women oriented stores for example.

I am not sure about England but what would you prefer: to have a gf or just keep thinking "I am no a weirdo" that society planted in you?
Just some food for thoughts.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: a lil secret

Originally posted by Jamo
In Russia the ratio of women to men is almost 2:1. And women here are extremely conscious of how they look (men are scarce therefore automatically become the prize)
Jamo, I guess you have never read anything about Russian demographics. How the heck you concluded the ratio is 2:1??
Any source? or you just see more women in a place you frequent and come up with a random ratio?

Ok, for some age groupd this could be close to teh truth, maybe for Russian women after 70. Men simply die earlier.
But how does it influence dating scene?

In a very datable age range, lets say 21-35 the ratio is much much lower than 2:1. It is close to 1 to 1 in fact.
Women are conscious.. yes, but not due to sracity of men. They are abound. Women want men to suppurt them and create a family.

For example in US women earn so much that they don't really care about men anymore.

Jamo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
actually

Yes there are statistics. Go look it up. It is close to 2:1...in fact 1.79:1 (around). WWII Decimated the male population here...of course that was 50 years ago, but also statistically the female birthrate is higher here.

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems like when I get girls in the 29+yo range that they're chunky. The thin, older dirty sluts I've encountered are too bitchy and masculine acting for me. However, I have no problem finding THIN, young, cute girls ages 18-22 who wanna bang the first night.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: actually

Yes there are statistics. Go look it up. It is close to 2:1...in fact 1.79:1 (around). WWII Decimated the male population here...of course that was 50 years ago, but also statistically the female birthrate is higher here.
Jamo,

You must be kidding. Where is your link that shows 1.79 ratio? Please post it if you have.

I did look it up actually.
Here is it:
http://www.census.gov/ipc/prod/ib96-2.pdf
Look at Table 1:
Population Indicators for Russia: 1990 to 2020
(Absolute figures in thousands)

Year 2005
All Males: 69,610
All Females: 79,297

Ratio then is 79297/69610=1.13
No matter how you look at it, it is much closer to 1 than to 2 or 1.79.

Now you said:
"statistically the female birthrate is higher here".
How do you know I ask? Any statistics with a link I can see?

In my opinion it is 100% wrong. Why?
Same paper, same Table 1:

Year 2005
Males of 0-5 age: 6,390
Females of 0-5 age: 6,104

Ratio is 6104/6390=0.955. More males than females, the opposite of what you were saying.
You may say at birth there are more females.
Ok, Same paper, same table,
Infant Mortality rate:

Males: 19.5
Females: 17.6

So despite higher infant mortality rates for males, still there are more males of 0-5 year old than females. It means there are more infant males than females.

Now lets consider dating in Russia for some healthy not so old not so young population:

Year 2005
Males of 15-49 age: 39,062
Females 15-49 age: 39,593
The ratio is 1.013. Is it so significant like you suggested (2 or 1.79)? It is not significant at all, it is almost 1.

Anyway, where did you get those numbers?!!

Jamo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
forget it

You are right on the numbers...

But Russia has the lowest male to female ratio in the world.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
in Russia the women have hair butts.

its a fact.

J

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again??

Russia has the lowest male to female ratio in the world.
Really? In the world? May I ask you how do you know?
Any numbers to back it up? I don't think you can guesstimate the ratio just by looking at people in Russia.
You have to come up with a numbers, man.
I know your secret: there is no links again to back it up, right?

Oh well, here it is:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/peo_sex_rat_tot_pop

Russia does not have the lowest male to female ratio at all. It is low but if you look around you will see that six other countries have lower sex ratio.

Every single piece of statistical statement you present is wrong.
I am just curious why do you disseminate this very false statements??

true|hockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you would honestly be surprised at how many women are single out there that do not want to be. Alot of people in the states have to work 7-8 day weeks just to get by, doesnt exactly give time to be social and meet people. Such is the way of life for these folks, sad but true.

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The mail order bride people are always claiming that women outnumber men in Russia. So its like an accepted urban myth.

England. They always make the pub scenes in the movies look like everyone lives in a small village and knows each other by name. You know all the communal singing (refer to Educating Rita). Another urban myth.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen to these bar maestros if I waved a magic wand over them and turned them into 50 year old guys and stuck them back in the bar to do their stuff. Some how I don't think they're gonna be like Sean Connery.

You can meet any kind of woman in a bar. I met an opera singer in one once. Would she have been a regular? I think it was the only time she'd ever been there. Pure happenstance. You can even catch black marlin from the shore in Australia. But if I wanted to catch one, the odds would not be favourable from that vantage point.

A friend of mine suggested dance classes to me. In fact he had enjoyed a lot of success there. And it is true, ratios are favourable and if you can dance you've got that going for you. If you can handle the problem of a closed community which sometimes develops in such environments. Like living in a small town. But lets be serious, any DJ needs to know how to dance. It is like close quarters combat training for a soldier.

One thing is obvious, it is not hard to obtain or retain a GF. I think that it is a mistake to devote yourself to an LTR unless they exhibit true worthiness. If you MLTR its like having a backup outboard on your boat. You don't want to be stranded far from the shore with just a set of oars.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by true|hockey
I think you would honestly be surprised at how many women are single out there that do not want to be.

Hey I guess I know those women. They are looking for the prince. But since there is not many of them in the world, let alone US alone, they end up sleeping with average joe from the bar every other day out of "desperation".
I am not really surprised..

Alot of people in the states have to work 7-8 day weeks just to get by, doesnt exactly give time to be social and meet people. Such is the way of life for these folks, sad but true.
You sure you are talking about the US not about other states like Mexico or India?
People in states love to mention they work hard because the society told them it is a good thing to do.
Basically it all comes to programming "You are not hardworking? You are lazy b*tch!" fear.
The time is not a problem, the problem is their requirements: they want only tall, dark and handsome princes, but rarely wants to do anything except going to the bar.
If the have time going to the bar, they can find time to socialize as well.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ElChoclo
The mail order bride people are always claiming that women outnumber men in Russia. So its like an accepted urban myth.

One thing is obvious, it is not hard to obtain or retain a GF.
Of course it is just a myth though they are right at the same time. They "forget" to tell you that you are not interested in dating 60+ as well as 16-. women. In the age range 15-59 male to female ratio is practically 1. This is what they will never tell you.
Also they will never tell you that divorce rate is Russia is very comparable to teh divorce rate in the US: it is very high.

Of course it is easy to obtain a gf. But since everyone wants quality, it became extremey hard not only to keep but also to find it.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It becomes doubly hard when women make you do so much work just to get anywhere with them. The easy ones are ALWAYS the ones you don't want, I swear it's like a curse or something.

I have seen girls I was attracted to and made EC hoping to get atleast a "hello" in there, but there always seems to be some obstacle. Not to put all the blame on them (especially since my shyness really hurts my chances), but most of them really do make you do ALL of the work just to get a convo in.

If they happen to find you attractive for whatever reason, they get all shy and it feels like you have to jump through hoops to get anywhere. I understand that men should be assertive (and I'm slowly working to accomplish this), but it it's strange how women are becoming more independant and "assertive" yet they can't even say "hello" if they like a guy.

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!