the hidden lonely world

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
Re: a lil secret

Originally posted by Jamo
In Russia the ratio of women to men is almost 2:1. And women here are extremely conscious of how they look (men are scarce therefore automatically become the prize)
Wow. I met two Bulgarians who are HOTT but became "Americanized" or that is, got used to a 7 to 1 male to female ratio, and after coming from a country where no males paid much attention, they now want only "gangsta thugs" with the "ice" and the "bling" and are only interested in men with drug $$$ and who look and talk like Tupac Shakur. Go figure.

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
'You sure you are talking about the US not about other states like Mexico or India?
People in states love to mention they work hard because the society told them it is a good thing to do."

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the country with some of the least vacation and paid time off in the world. (the good 'ol US of A) If I remember right, only workers in Japan get less time off, but don't quote me on that!

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Good_ol_boy
People in states love to mention they work hard because the society told them it is a good thing to do."

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the country with some of the least vacation and paid time off in the world. (the good 'ol US of A) If I remember right, only workers in Japan get less time off, but don't quote me on that!
Vacation has nothing to do with having the time to socialize.
You do socialize most not while on vacation.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by swampwiz
About all these threads about where to meet desirable women, why do all good, desirable women have boyfriends, etc., in the former USSR, there are plenty of good, attractive women who indeed do not have boyfriends.

I have been averaging only 3 months a year there, and I have had far more ONS's and serious relationships there than I have when at home. And I can barely speak bad, broken Russian (all my serious relationships and most of the ONS's have been with women that spoke pretty decent English.)

As for the dearth of women in the USA, this is due to the demographics, in which the birthrate bottomed out in 1975. I've been noticing that decent available women fall into 2 age ranges - less than 22 and older than 35. This will situation will get better as time progresses, and especially for college educated women, as women generally make up about 60% of the enrollments.
I would not be so sure they didn't have bfs. They told you, right?
They told you want you wanted to hear, since in general women in Russia are very willing to date men that they perceive as wealthy. To be from US is good enough for them (even if you don't have any money at all). You automatically become a prize for them. It is all very simple over there.

Regarding US demographics. How did you come to your conclusions? I am just _amazed_! The birthrate of females bottomed out in 1975? So what? It doesn't mean anything, we have to look at the overall demographics picture, i.e. the sex ratio=number of males in the age range to number of females in the same age range.
It will tell us what is going on.

Here is a link for US population statistics:
http://www.census.gov/prod/2004pubs/04statab/pop.pdf
(Look at table No.12)

Somehow you figured out there are very few females from 22 to 35 y.o. How do you know there are _very few_ of them?
And _very few females_ in comparison to what?
Any link? Please post if you have any data regarding this matter.

Here is the answers from Table No.12 from the link above:
Age Range Sex ratio=Males\Females in the group
15-19 1.0535
20-24 1.0483
25-29 1.0287
30-34 1.0129
35-39 1.0028
40-44 0.9852
45-49 0.9735

What we can see here is sex ratio is very similar to 1 for all of these age ranges when people are dating actively.
Is that a dip in this sex ratio data corresponding to very few females from 22 to 35? Not at all, what we see is just one correlation: the younger the age group is the more males it has.
But this is a trend that most of the countries have.
So from the dating point of view, there was not a _siginificant_ decrease in females in 22-35y.o. group.

We do not have that excuse "Oh, it is just the US demographics, thats why we are having troubles finding women". US demographics exhibits a steady trend in the age groups that most countries do.

There was somebody in this thread who claimed there was 1.79 inverse sex ratio in Russian, i.e. there are much more women there than men, thats why Russians have so easy time picking up women.
It happened it was all.. nonsense. There is no significant difference in sex ratio in Russia from the dating point of view.
You can look at the statistics for Russia on the page 1 on this thread.

Conclusion guys: country demographics in terms of sex ratio doesn't play a thing neither for the US nor for Russia.
It is much more subtle than just a country level of sex ratio.

And your broken Russian, swampwiz, helped you a lot! Otherwise they would think you were a poor Russian lad ;)

Last edited:

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: birthrate, not sex ratio

Originally posted by swampwiz
You first start with the premise that men tend to go for younger women, and the fact that men up to age 50 or so are still considered relatively young, but that only women up to age 35 are considered relatively young.

In the US, up until around 1960 (with a few wartime exceptions), the birth rate has always increased with time. A 35 y.o. bachelor would always have 1.2 or so 25 y.o. maidens from which to choose. And those women knew it, so they were always on their best behavior, lest some other maiden would steal her man away. A good man was truly hard to find. The last wave of women in this postion are in their late 40's. Go to any nightspot that is not all kiddies, and you will see plenty of women like this.

But the birth rate dropped from 1960 to 1975. Instead of having 1.2 maidens to choose from, I only had 0.8 maidens! These maidens know it, so they figure that they don't have to be on their best behavior, since there will always be some other good man to come around. They figure that they don't have to watch their weight since there will always be some guy who is so horny that he would want to fock a cow. Hence the reason why there are not many decent single women under 35.

Fortunately, the birth rate started an upswing in 1975. And it is only right around now that the effects of the birth rate drop has worked its way out the system so that women are back to the days when a good man is hard to find again. I suspect that soon, the supply of all this fresh meat will make the slightly older women much less coveted.
Interesting. What you are saying seems correct.
I found the statistics:
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0005067.html

And computed the ratio of all men from 20-50 y.o. to women of 20-35 y.o. at every year from 1960 to 2010.
It is not perfect since I didn't take into account the mortality rates and the fact that on average there are more males born than females. So in general you description is correct.

This ratio is high (2.09) in 1960 then rapidly goes down to 1.6 up to 1985, then goes up fast up to 2.12 in 2001 and then assume the same birthrate for prediction the ratio goes down (to 1.9 in 2010).

This is impressive difference I have to admit.

Although from the other point of view it is more like an overall temperature in the US: in areas it ishigher, in some - lower. But for a particular man what matter is how hot\cold in his area.
So essentially we are concerned with numbers of women in our areas, not in some a bit abstract statistics.

Go to:
http://factfinder.census.gov/home/saff/main.html?_lang=en&_ts=
Type your ZIP code, then on the left Click on "People" button,
and then in the middle click on "Age and Sex" table.

You can see the number of males and females for each age range for teh specific are and their sex ratio.
So you can easily add up all males in your area from 20-50 and divide them by all females from 20-35y.o.

I did this for Reno, Nevada (zip 89501) and Lousiana (New Orleans, zip 89501).
The ratio in Reno is 3.95 and in New Orleans it is 0.88.
So the change o fthis ratio is much higher due to the area, than due to the change over time.

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to live in a smallish town in England and I know what you mean, there wasnt much going on besides going to the pub, when you went to the pub it was the same faces sat in the same places, just getting older and more jaded....kinda place where a blokes fashion sense never alters even a bit from when he was 17, even though hes now 35....
When I went back there after moving to a different country and living in the big city I saw all the angles for meeting chicks that id never seen when I lived there, so I guess my advice would be get out of the pub routine and maybe even the town your in, usually in those places if you just up grade your appearence a bit, (ie, take your flat cap off and get a new pair of jeans) your suddenly a lot better than most the others! cheers...

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by fuzzx
The ratio of women to men in Brazil is 10 to 1. If you want women then thats the place to go.
You probably doesn't know what the ratio means.
Ok, it means when for each man there is 10 women.
Are you still sure it is 10 to 1 ratio?

It is actually 0.98 (=Men/Women) for Brazil.
Here is the link:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/peo_sex_rat_tot_pop

So where the heck you got your ratio? This is just false and misleading.