The Harshest Lesson/s Life Taught You (so far)

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That most people you consider your "friends" are only there during the good times and when you are at your lowest point and really need them, most will be nowhere to be found
In that vein:

-Much of what you "know' at any given moment ain't quite so... Our perceptions of reality are colored by pre-existing thoughts and beliefs, most of which we're not even conscious of. This includes our perceptions of who are friends are, and aren't

-Since "friends" aren't always reliable, creating a vibrant social network is imperative
https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/insights/ten-tips-building-stronger-networks-work-life Though we have more avenues for doing so today than at anytime in history, we also live in a world filled with more distractions than ever before, many of which can lead us into investing in activities which ultimately yield very little in the way of material benefits. You'll have to constantly resist the urge to bingewatch the latest Star Wars series on Disney+, just so you can spend several weeks groaning over it's awfulness in the comments section on Midnight's Edge's channel, all the while indulging in the fantasy that this is the same as "networking" out in reality

RickTheToad

Reaction score
As the title says.

For myself, after having lived at least two decades, with obviously still having very little to show for it, I reckon that sickness does tell you how short life really is (in my case, it nags me everyday). The more I learned about my disorder and being in a third-world country and needing to establish my own generational wealth (for my parents came from not-so-off households), the more I realize how much harder the challenges I have to face really are. The more reality hits me, the more I feel like I'm in purgatory, forced to compromise focusing on my health with making the most of college (this may be my last year or two before proceeding to a Master's degree).

I still consider myself lucky, but apparently my luck is not enough, and even hard work is not enough. I have a clear direction with where I want to go, but I need more long-term strategy in my life, in facing the unknown, and this is where I lack. Financially, it seems I need a miracle.

There are also some truths which beg my more immediate acceptance, but I guess the values and principles I grew up in and made me who I am, still hold me back.

What about yours? Which failures challenged you the most, and how did you change along the way, and what did you go through to accept the new reality?
When you are at your lowest point in your life, you truly only have one person who will support you: you. A person, male or female, must know how to adapt and pivot for survival in our world. The gov't may or may not eventually give you a lifeline, but in the end, it's you and you alone. It's imperative that you, as a dude, know how to handle different situations and how to pivot your life to ensure your own survival. Think and act with logic, not emotion.

Worry about setting up your base and fortress of solitude, and then grow from there. You will never know your true limits until you are tested.

Stay hungry, stay aware. Don't show off.