The games people play

Lishy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would like to discuss the games we all (yes men and women) play when in a relationship!

It starts when you first meet

Girl gives guy her number

Guy waits 3 days to call (cos thats what the game rules state) even though he wants to call the next day

Girl doesnt answer as he has waited 3 days (game) then wonders why she didnt answer as she was interested in him

Guy rings again in 2 days girl now answers ..... and so the story begins

That is just the start of the games. Then they start dating on a casual basis, getting to know each other and behaving quite different from how they really are. You test each other to see how far you can push.

The guy doesnt call when he said he would so the girl doesnt answer the phone for 3 days to teach him a lesson.

This goes on and on and it even continues after months and maybe years of dating.

It is so silly BUT so neccessary! Without the games the relationship would be too intense and burn out or would be extremely boring after 2 weeks.

We play the games (even subconciously) to keep things alive and to keep our interest piqued. We can all second guess why the other is doing it and yet we act like we dont notice. We give lots of security and then we whip it straight back and so the cycle continues.

It is full of drama but happens to virtually everyone I know (male and female)

Wouldnt life be easier just to be natural and say how we feel? But wouldnt it be more tedious?

We all like attention (yes men too), we all like to feel chased and wanted and to top it off we all LOVE to feel loved and that is why we do these things (IMO) Cat and mouse games, we all clain to hate it but we all do it to some degree!

If you disagree let me know ..............

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Games are ridiculous. If you start of with these tactics and trickery, you'll end up as games do, with one a winner and one a loser.

Relationships, healthy ones anyway, are built on foundations of trust and honesty. If a guy has to resort to PUA bullsh!t then that speaks volumes about how minimal his thinking. He doesn't have the wherewithall to start a decent conversation other than to use Deangelo's C+F, or Mystery's Method or some other kind of plastic tomfoolery.

Men, congruent and zen filled men, have a radiance in our aura's and a distinct scent women would drive over thier mothers to get to.

My goal is to get as many boy-men unplugged and to this level as I can.

Lishy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Karma, in principle you are so right ... But the truth is that this is how it is!

I would love to question why we do these things

Insecurity? No self esteem? inferiority complex?

Whatever the reason, it DOES exist and just because it shouldn't be like this it does not change the fact that it IS!

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
I'll have to rely on guys who use those tactics to reply as I don't have any experience with this type of short term thinking and childish mannerism.

All I have are my principles.

The only games I enjoy are on the ol' 360 and chess.

TruthSeeker

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry, Lishy but I disagree with this whole "game" concept. I have seen several of my friends playing these games and none of them are in a healthy Rs. Most did not las long and a few that is still holding on to their Rs, still play the games cos they feel that is the only way to keep their partners.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I would love to question why we do these things"

Chicks do this because they love drama and bullsh!t.

Guys engage in this to get chicks who love drama and bullsh!t.

The solution to this is to simply filter out game's players from your dating pool.

Unless of course that is the sort of thing that gets you hot.

Then you just gotta do what you gotta do.

Reaction score
Lishy said:
I would like to discuss the games we all (yes men and women) play when in a relationship!

Guy waits 3 days to call (cos thats what the game rules state) even though he wants to call the next day

Girl doesnt answer as he has waited 3 days (game) then wonders why she didnt answer as she was interested in him

That is just the start of the games. Then they start dating on a casual basis, getting to know each other and behaving quite different from how they really are. You test each other to see how far you can push.

The guy doesnt call when he said he would so the girl doesnt answer the phone for 3 days to teach him a lesson.

This goes on and on and it even continues after months and maybe years of dating.

It is so silly BUT so neccessary! Without the games the relationship would be too intense and burn out or would be extremely boring after 2 weeks.

We play the games (even subconciously) to keep things alive and to keep our interest piqued. We can all second guess why the other is doing it and yet we act like we dont notice. We give lots of security and then we whip it straight back and so the cycle continues.

It is full of drama but happens to virtually everyone I know (male and female)

Wouldnt life be easier just to be natural and say how we feel? But wouldnt it be more tedious?

We all like attention (yes men too), we all like to feel chased and wanted and to top it off we all LOVE to feel loved and that is why we do these things (IMO) Cat and mouse games, we all clain to hate it but we all do it to some degree!

If you disagree let me know ..............

But you like the games and the guy being a jerk. The girl likes the guy, the guy is a jerk, treats you like crap, cheats on you, and you obsess over him.

I'll never understand it to be honest but that's the way it is. The proof is right here in the pudding.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lishy said:

I wish I could agree with this, but unfortunately most guys (or at least the AFCs coming here seeking advice) are far more likely to do this,..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZChD_Gni8U

than wait three days to call woman.

ZenGodMod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
True that all people tend to play games in and out side of relationships included (imagine all the games we play with each other in the work place etc).

To excel above them/that we our selves must STOP playing games with others. We do it kids when they become annoying little traps, and so we should do it to others regardless.

Imagine the time saved, the energy saved and also imagine the efficiency achieved.

Thats why here we invented the term "call out their bull****", because its a must do.

Yes it happens and we all fall for it, but STOP!

Lishy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WHOA!!!!!!!

You are all saying I think this is how it should be

I DONT think this is how it should be I just know it is a reality!

Dont shoot the messenger!

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get where you're coming from Lishy but it is only true for a segment of the population not all of the population fortunately.

Lishy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
But you like the games and the guy being a jerk. The girl likes the guy, the guy is a jerk, treats you like crap, cheats on you, and you obsess over him.

I'll never understand it to be honest but that's the way it is. The proof is right here in the pudding.
I dont like a guy who treats me like crap, cheats on me and is a jerk - WHo said I like that guy?

Please read what I wrote and dont just pick bits out

Let me reiterate ... Games HAPPEN they happen all the time - GUYS are just as guilty, sometimes even more so

Lets not make it a "women are drama queens" thread eh cos you guys are just as guilty !

Lishy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
I get where you're coming from Lishy but it is only true for a segment of the population not all of the population fortunately.
I am not saying that everyone in the world does this - But it does happen .... ALOT!

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL, it certainly does sweety.

*Pats Lishy on the head gently and quietly exits the thread*

ZenGodMod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lishy said:
I am not saying that everyone in the world does this - But it does happen .... ALOT!
We never contested that it doesn't. We're swimming in it really. :crazy:

The question is....should you Lishy accept it as such and live life around it? Would you join it? Dance with it?

Or should you do something to change that? Lead others away from it?

Think about that for a moment.

Lishy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Now Zen THAT is what this thread is about - Not shouting about how women cause it all as they don't

I used to accept it Zen, but not anymore

When I met the guy I have now been with for 2 years there was no game playing, no waiting game, we didnt smother each other and we are still together without all of the insecurity.

Not everyone does this but what I was saying was that it is started at the beginning of the relationship and it echo's right through the relationship if you allow it!

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
I wish I could agree with this, but unfortunately most guys (or at least the AFCs coming here seeking advice) are far more likely to do this,..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZChD_Gni8U

than wait three days to call woman.

That's awesome. Your response, that is... The video is true of so many guys. WEAK!

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A girl would be lucky to find a guy that CAN play the game. Lucky to find a guy that's not so desperate and needy that he can wait 3 days. Most guys need that affirmation from a woman to know that he's a real man without already knowing it. Most guys don't understand that they can't get their masculinity from a woman, but instead they can only offer it.

ZenGodMod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lishy said:
Now Zen THAT is what this thread is about - Not shouting about how women cause it all as they don't

I used to accept it Zen, but not anymore

When I met the guy I have now been with for 2 years there was no game playing, no waiting game, we didnt smother each other and we are still together without all of the insecurity.

Not everyone does this but what I was saying was that it is started at the beginning of the relationship and it echo's right through the relationship if you allow it!
LOL You already knew the answer!

Your testing us!!! :cuss:

Thanks for the rhetorical question!

At least now you know, even with advice littered all over this forum advising men to play certain games to achieve certain things, allot of us are past that stage.

Karma, is she one of the LS cross overs? Noticed she joined March.