The Best SHOES

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aight i got some extra cash and i am lookin to purchase a couple pairs of nice shoes

lets keep in mind:

i am 18
i like to dress on the "preppy" side of things

i currently have a pair of silver/red nike shox and some black kenneth cole loafers

so what are your suggestions?

also, not tryin to offend anyone but i dont do the Air force 1's, so dont bother advising those

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nike presto gym...VERY comfortable. I have two pairs and ive gotten A LOT of complaments.

Kaizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How much are you willing to spend.. and what kind of shoes do you want to buy?

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a pair of Adidas Superstars (White with black stripes), and they're great.. very versatile, very fashionable.

Check out some white oldschool sneakers... or get something similar to the CAMPER brand... (check out bluefly.com and check out CAMPER shoes)

Driving shoes are very 'in'.. They're comfortable, and fit well with most casual outfits.

DJMaC23

Don Juan
Reaction score
Adidas Forum Lo..

Nike Dunks maybe?

Fresh White/... Diesels for the summer

REDblueOI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Berkenstock Shoes... SOOOOOOO COMFORTABLE. They are about 150+ bucks.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaizen
How much are you willing to spend.. and what kind of shoes do you want to buy?

id be willin to spend up to $150 but theyd have to be amazing

im lookin for dress shoes and gym shoes

Kaizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by drixsa
id be willin to spend up to $150 but theyd have to be amazing

im lookin for dress shoes and gym shoes
for $150... you could buy decent dress shoes, but nothing great of fancy. You could by department store dress shoes.. like Bostonians. They're pretty good. I preffer Gucci or Ferragamo, personally... but they can really run you a pretty penny! My Gucci's are about $500 which I dont wear too often.. only when I need to. My Ferragamos... one is $300, and the other is $400.

Bostonians will run you around $100.. maybe less if its on sale. With whats left, you could buy some decent gym shoes.

Another thing... some dress shoes needs to get soled. Where the bottom of them is just leather, so you need to take it to a shoe shop to have them put velum/ruber soles on them. The cost varies.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok you bought $500 shoes and you make it sound like its work to wear them. Stupid rich kids....

REDblueOI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, you gotta know where to look for good deals on dress cloths and shoes. Don't EVER pay full price on that kinda ****, its to easy to get cuts. My shoes are reg around 175, got em for 100 by just being nice to the maniger, and complainin about the price [I bought a suit too].

jaye

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you got the money...
AF1s

Otherwise,
Addidas classics - white or all black
The new Iversons are nice too

Kaizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bud_2005
Ok you bought $500 shoes and you make it sound like its work to wear them. Stupid rich kids....
Yes, I bought $500 shoes. As for the rest of your sentence, I'm not clear as to what you're trying to say. And your comment about "rich kids"... That better not be a refferance to me... you dont even know who I am. If it is, let me know so I can tear you a new page.

123guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally like the Nike Air Wovens... I think they are quite unique and has a style of its own..

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Save for a car instead. I'm sure your car probably sucks.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your just jelous WUWD,

But I like the Sketchers line, like the alley cats or similar.
They run about 50 bucks, so if you don't have a couple G's to spend on clothes, these would prob be your best bet.
They come in Black and Brown and are very comfortable.

And as for workout shoes, they depend on your workout you have planned. If your gonna do crosstraining or weight training then get some nice
50-100 dollar crosstraining shoes with good arch support and comfort. If you plan to run mostly then do upper body get some good light weight running shoes with support.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who do you think I was referring to Kaizen? You just spent about $1,200. Why? Don't say because they are comfortable. You can find shoes just as comfortable for much cheaper. SO yes I was referring to you and I'm really scared now because you are going to beat me up over the Internet.

Kaizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Who do you think I was referring to Kaizen? You just spent about $1,200. Why? Don't say because they are comfortable. You can find shoes just as comfortable for much cheaper. SO yes I was referring to you and I'm really scared now because you are going to beat me up over the Internet.
Yes, I spend more money on alot of things than the average person. I actually spent more than $1,200 on my shoes, because I didnt mention all of them. I spend more money on cars than most. Live in a house that has more rooms than I need... has a pool and spa I rarely even use, a basket ball court, and I havent played since I was a kid. I have cell phones that add up to be well over a $1000, I spend insane amounts of money on Italian made designer labels. Why? Because I can afford to. Am I a rich kid? I dont think of myself as a kid anymore, but sure, why not. Ever since I graduated high school, I have been living of my own income. I went from filing W-2s to 1099s. I havent had a job in quite a long time because I own my own business... and I dont want to toot my own horn, but I make in one month, what some people struggle to make in an entire year. The main reason I buy them is for business. I work with many important people. I will at times sit in a confrence room surounded by millionares, billionares, and even celebraties to discuss business. Now answer me this, how will they react if I came in wearing Puma, Nike, Adidas, sketchers... nothing wrong with these shoes though, but I hope you understand my point. They probably wouldnt take my words with high regard.

What few people ever realize is the strenth, and value of "gear". If you were to walk into an expensive, "ritzy" store, restaraunt, resort, or whatever... they do a "run down" of how important you are. Before shaking your hand, they will first look at your shoes, then watch, then eye glasses if you have them, neck tie... and last, sometimes belt. The higher "score" you have, the better your "gear" the better treatment you will have. They do this all in one quick passing glance from the floor and up. If you have none, you'll walk in and get no service unless you ask. People of importance are usually classified from their wealth and successes in life. Metals and badges in society are "successories"... accessories that show your success... just like metals and badges of war to show importance and successes. Most people will say "its not the clothes that makes the man, but the man that makes the clothes." I wish it were that way, but simply, society doenst work that way.

People who scoff, and make fun of, or even doubt the things I have mentioned such as large amounts of money, and spending large amounts of money, expensive luxuries, the "social classings" and so on... only do so because they dont know any better. Simply because they have yet to experience this aspect of society. Bud, please dont mis understand, I am not, in any way insinuating that you are ignorant, because I'm sure you understand what I'm talking about. You mentioned that I was going to beat you up over the Internet. That would be ridiculous. Why would I have anything against you. If I were in your shoes, I would undoubtedly say the same things (no pun intended)

Last edited:

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok Kaizen if you are so rich you probably wouldn't be on this site because you would have no trouble getting girls. Just wondering if you are obviously an adult ( i don't know how old) then why are you trying to get high school girls?

Last edited:

Kaizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wondering Kaizen if you are obviously an adult then why are trying to get high school girls?
WOW! You are amazingly intuitive! I never even knew I wanted to get high school girls! I have been thinking high school girls were much too young for me, but you seem to be extremely intelligent, so I'm sure that your comment was not just some empty minded assumption. So please shed some light on your psyco-analysis of myself. So far, according to you, I am trying to get with high school girls... ok, so what else, Dr. Bud? You obviously know what you are talking about, do Doctor Bud, please do tell! :)

**Just in case anyone didnt catch on... but I'm sure Doctor Bud caught on since he is so intuitive... everything above was soked in sarcasm.