Sweaty palms? Youre not alone.

tehtank

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey peoples.

ive seen on some people on boards (me including) that have a problem with excessive sweaty palms / armpits / other
This is a medical condition (dont panic!) called hyperhidrosis.

Its embarrasing, yes.
And dont you just hate hand-shaking,
then seeing the person you hand-shaked recoil and wipe it off on their clothes, as if you had AIDS?
You arent alone, in fact 1% of the entire population has it.
And it is said to be genetically passed down (family thing)

Wikipedia article about it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperhidrosis

My main problem with it is ice-cold, clammy hands at times
(especially during school mass, once a month, which is a catholic school)

There are treatments but you NEED to search for message boards and sites about this thing.
There are side effects that can be worse than living with sweaty palms/face/pits/other
-Ive heard of someone that was paralyzed from surgery, while trying to fix the palms.
-Ive heard of complete dryness on on side of the body, but perspiration on the other.
You get the idea....

What ive found that helps.
-Not pleasuring youself (seriously)
-Getting comfortable with your surroundings. Become out going and have lotsa friends.
-MAxim topical treatment. (search google for "maxim hyperhidrosis")

My story.
When i reached 7th grade I somehow had it.
I musta just woke up one day and every day my pits would be soaking at about 10Am in skool and
my palms were always clammy.
I dediced to search the internets and found some info then found MAxim. MAxim worked perfectally on my pits and about a year later, i didnt need. Now i dont need it at all for my pits. It must be from getting comfortable and reading sites like this.
If i never found it, there is a pretty good chance i would be a outcast and smelly. (sweaty pits are smelly)

-Today- The only problem i have is with my palms, but it doesnt bother me as much because i had it much worse and i think of the people that have things WAAAY worse than you and me combined.

This is not a plug, but an informing page about HH.
You know when someone helps you out, and youre back on your feet, you have the urge to do the same thing that they did for you to another person? thats kinda what im going for here. I want there to be less outcasts, even if theres just that one person...you hear me?

And seriously respect
and dont even presume to understand what its like to have this
if you dont have this at all....

qweretyuiopas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is most likely what I have I wish the mod hadnt closed the thread since no search help me. Anyway, I know exactly what it is like in HS i had mass every week and I hated it for that reason. I will try and look up some info on that maxim stuff, thanks man and welcome to the forum. That stuff on Wikipedia really hit close to home for me especially the part about the Social effects, I think I have hand and a little on the feet hyperhidrosis.

tehtank

Don Juan
Reaction score
Only online, i think its on some corad healthcare site, but there are others that help too..
Main ingredient is Aluminum Chloride, but its a certain percentage that makes it work.

Thx for welcoming me :D

qweretyuiopas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by moldingcheese
Hey I have hyperhidrosis also! but only on my hands. Its pretty bad though. This Maxim stuff, does it work with hands?
well I dont know but i should be getting mine in the mail in a couple weeks pm tehtank he may know.

tehtank

Don Juan
Reaction score
It might be different with different people.
When i used maxim on hands it didnt have any effect. But maxim is indispensible with the underarm.

I emailed the company and it says it was specially designed for underarms, and it has like a 70% chance of working on hands because the glands are different.

There are other methods of treatment.
Such as:
-Odiban (online site)
-Other topical treatments.
-Surgery (probably not wanted unless as last resort)
-A device that sends small shocks into the pores to disable them
-Botox

Do your research

jetboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
drionic works, i use them on my hands. a bit costly though

jetboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
No it doesn't hurt that bad, there's a power control built in.
about $139
initially you need about 2 weeks of continous use. then only once a week.

tehtank

Don Juan
Reaction score
Never tried drionic, just lived with the sweaty palms after maxim sorta cured my underarms.

Today i had school mass agains...yea annoying, but i found another dude with the same problem as me.

yea 1% remember?

qweretyuiopas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
qweretyuiopas said:
well I dont know but i should be getting mine in the mail in a couple weeks pm tehtank he may know.

I know its been awhile but lemme say the maxim stuff didnt do a thing for me

iCandy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man great thread!

I too am a victim of sweaty palms.

I can relate with you with the church thing because I go every sunday =(!

Let us know how it goes so I'll order ASAP!

P.S. My palms are sweaty as I"m typing this up NOW! LOL1

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Before you go to bed, wipe some deodorant/anti-perspirant onto your palms, the same way you would for armpits. Then in the morning, do it again. I used to have this problem and it cleared it right up, not to mention my hands smelled fresh :)

Note: Don't use gel or spray as it does not have the same effectiveness.

Note: It does the job day in, day out, doesn't cost anything, is easy to do, and doesn't have the same risks as some of the other treatments. Fyi this is just what worked for me, might not be enough for everyone.

peace

VSTbeserk

Don Juan
Reaction score
my palms get cold sweaty and they turn purple sometimes but this hasn't happend in a long time. also my hands not only get sweaty during public talking but they turn purple this is the ONLY thing that is making my nerves jump like crazy people looking at my hands