Susan, part two.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
Well you could just debate his actual points....
Now isn't this just a fine example the pot calling the kettle black!

potato

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
So what you're saying is attraction happens fast and it's all based on looks. There's a lot of guys on here that believe that already, but even they know that getting attraction is only the proverbial foot in the door. In your FR you go from attraction right into romance novel. It never works like this for guys in the real world.
You are missing the essential point. It really isn't exactly looks. From my point of view it seems as if every woman has an idea, or ideas in her head as to how a man for her should be. Looks aren't necessarily what tips the balance. It is more that the guy fit into her lifestyle and expectations.

I'm saying that I had easy access to these two Susan's because I was their kind of guy, my coolness, in their eyes, makes me more attractive than any objective rating as to my looks.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
Now isn't this just a fine example the pot calling the kettle black!
I have always debated you point for point. You are the one that responds with some version of "quit picking on poor little me" instead of actually responding. So don't even go there. Many don't even waste time on your threads anymore because of your inability to take or consider criticism. All your responses are either you being the victim of the iqqi click, or poor me I had a bad year.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have heard the line "most men are such X" coming from a woman who is being flirty, who is trying to get me to qualify myself, but not out of the blue from someone I had just met. Not like in this story. The whole narrative is not only feminine but scrambled and dreamy, which of course kills the believability.

If I had to guess, I'd say the potato (male or female) is either from Cali or Asheville, NC. Asheville is a bizzarre, dreamlike, rainbows and LSD sort of city where this stuff sometimes happens.

potato said:
What I'm saying is not outrageous at all.
Hoo boy, if you are at all honest, you have to admit that's not true. Who says that he experiences females the way you do? No, not some guy in a movie or an AXE body spray commercial. What real guy says that he has experiences like yours? You can say that "everybody else is weird, and I'm the only normal one" until you're blue in the face, but you are the one who is not normal.

PS: I did find a male romance novelist on the net. He writes nothing like potato. Only females write like that.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
I have always debated you point for point.
I'm sure there are a few others here that would beg to differ. At least 50% of the halfway decent discussions we have get closed because of your pointless rambling.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Phyzzle said:
PS: I did find a male romance novelist on the net. He writes nothing like potato. Only females write like that.
A gay transsexual undergoing hormone replacement treatment couldn't write like that.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
I'm sure there are a few others here that would beg to differ. At least 50% of the halfway decent discussions we have get closed because of your pointless rambling.
I am sure there are a few others here who would disagree on the real reason why those threads are closed.

swifTy

Don Juan
Reaction score
potato said:
I think that it takes a women of high self esteem to openly express her emotions to a guy who turns her on. The low esteem women tend to to just turn away, shyly.
dont i know it.

what people are looking for is someone who can STEP UP. most girls turn to mud in my presence. they have no idea what to do with me. they want me but i am but a dream.

potato said:
It really isn't exactly looks. From my point of view it seems as if every woman has an idea, or ideas in her head as to how a man for her should be. Looks aren't necessarily what tips the balance. It is more that the guy fit into her lifestyle and expectations.
once a person has STEPPED UP, or shown that they can STEP UP then it becomes about the lifestyle and do you two mesh/ click. do you have fun together. are you equals or does one clearly OUTSHINE the other? you want what you yourself have. and you go on looking.

must be easier for potato though; lacking s.o.h he's not the full package :p he he

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fair suck of the saveloy Potato, it is a disgrace for a "bloke" your age to be writing this drivel for younger men. No mature man your age would be describing himself as cool. I maintain that you are some kind of poofter. So pull your head in you flaming mongrel.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ElChoclo said:
Fair suck of the saveloy Potato, it is a disgrace for a "bloke" your age to be writing this drivel for younger men. No mature man your age would be describing himself as cool. I maintain that you are some kind of poofter. So pull your head in you flaming mongrel.
Ha ha ha ! Hey Choclo - you better translate that for the septics, digger. They would have Buckleys at grasping why you are on about.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
Ha ha ha ! Hey Choclo - you better translate that for the septics, digger. They would have Buckleys at grasping why you are on about.
To quote the movie Eurotrip- "Wow, you guys are on a whole nother level of swearing!"

Love it.

Real_Deal

Don Juan
Reaction score
I bet these stories are just copied out of some old romance novel. Probably something picked up at a garage sale for a dime.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been away from the board for a few days, and I'm kind of surprised to still see this thread here. The OP wrote about two different women named Susan and himself - all of whom have a rock collecting hobby.

Isn't potato just mocking us at this point?

Kind of surprised that there is still even a debate about whether or not this real.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm actually having a pretty good laugh by picturing a romance novel written by "potato". Yes, "potato". Not even capitalized.

No matter how much romance your pen can spew forth, nobody will ever be able to take it seriously if it comes from a man named "potato"

Remember the wise Simpsons: "A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet...unless it was called a stinkweed"

You, potato, are the stinkweed of romance novels.

I could honestly screenplay the hell out of a dude named Potato who meets three separate rock collecting girls, two of whom are named Susan. My god. Judd Apatow couldn't write this!