Success With Online Dating

JoeSki

Reaction score
Long time reader, first time caller.

After reading a handful of threads on this board and the entire section on online dating experiences from the main page, I have come to the conclusion that a great deal of you have no clue what you're doing when it comes to utilizing online dating sites and personals. Not that you can be blamed, it's a different kind of jungle out there and I'm just now discovering what works after two years of falling on my face both online and in person. There's a lot of disinformation out there, and some of you are coming into the online realm with it. One of the worst assumptions out there is that you should take your time while meeting girls online. This is wrong, wrong, wrong, and I'll talk about it later. I'll talk about a lot of things. I'm covering a lot of ground here.

So who the hell am I? AFC currently making strides to convert into a PUA/DJ. Successfully at that. Confidence and shyness are rarely problems for me, but the words and actions required to attract the type of woman that interests me have evaded me for years. To compensate, I turned to online dating where I can scan a woman's personality and interests before initiating contact and in turn, tailor words in her favor, and refer her to my own page where my own personality is put on display in a wonderful sterling frame. Using writing skills, I was able to enhance every wonderful quirk and feature of my personality upfront whereas in reality they don't shine so bright and often go under the radar. I've been using dating sites and personals for two years. My success with women while on dates has been nonexistent, but this I blame on my AFC ways which I am now changing.

The difference between me and most people using these venues is that the women come to me and I meet them in person. And they have been quality women. Smart, funny, beautiful, dark, and very cultured. Some have even written into me saying that they're not looking for a relationship at all (They are) but read my profile, and wanted to tell me how wonderful it was and how they wish me the best of luck. Last month I went three dates with girls that contacted ME. One drove out from Tampa to see me, half a state away. It's the eighth of September, and I've already gone on two dates.

I can help you get that far using the internet, but from there you're on your own. I have dozens of received messages in my OKCupid box and I receive an average of 5-7 responses every time I post my personal on Craigslist.

Online dating: A perfect idea on paper.

But hey, so is communisim.

The system has its flaws.

Attention Hoes: The ratio of males to females on these dating sites is way out of whack. As a result, a lot of the woman that hang around for a long time on these sites are simply there to take in as much attention as they possibly can without really going anywhere with anyone. Some would say the women are overloaded with options and so they simply don't feel the need to pick anyone. That may be the case with some of the women on these sites, but don't let a few rotten eggs make you think the rest of the carton is no good. There are ways to screen these women.

No Rapport: No matter how much you talk to someone online, you're back at ground zero once you finally meet them in person. You have to build up value all over again, and with less material than you had before. This issue is side stepped easily as well.

Lady Could be a Dude: Yeah...well...these are just the risks you take. In my experience, all of the women I've met have been very honest about who they are and used an up to date picture. Perhaps I'm recognizing red flags in other profiles that most of you are missing? I'll talk about profiles I'm leery of.

Girl Could Have a Boyfriend: So could anyone else you pickup...and this doesn't seem to be a big problem to a lot of people here anyways. This has happened to me. It's not fun. After meeting a girl in person, you should expect her to be as open with you about her life as she would be if you originally met her in person. Remember: You have as much a right to be wary of her as she does of you. You're qualifying HER. This has not changed.

The Profile

This is the backbone of your success with online dating and you're selling yourself short if you churn it out, put it up, and leave it at that. Your profile should be an extension of you. It should be a reflection of your philosophies, your tastes in all things cultural, your sense of humor, your style, who you are, and what you're looking for. It has to have ENERGY, ENERGY, ENERGY! Be open, be honest, and be ****y funny. Show some attitude and swagger. show some heart. Show that you're human and genuine. My online personal has had a lot of success where I've placed it because I've spent two years editing it. It's had many revisions and every few weeks I change a line or two. In this way, writing a profile is a lot like writing a poem, a book, or a short story: It's never finished. There's always room for improvement, and you should seek it out. There's always a little bit more, or a little bit less to say about yourself. You cannot afford for your profile to look like everyone else. Read men's profiles, and find out what cliches are used and then avoid them. Every site has their own brand due to the different way the information fields are arranged. At the end of this post I'll include a link to my Craigslist posting and tell you what segments have been well received or useful.

One more thing. Online dating sites and personals are often used as a crutch for the desperate man with no social skills. Remember: YOU ARE NOT THIS GUY! If you do not express this somehow in your profile, it will be assumed. You're not online because you're desperate, you're online because you're looking for someone with a distinct personality (Which I am, personally). You're looking for someone with the right kind of energy. You're looking for someone who's tired of the club scene. You're online because you haven't met what you're looking for in real life, not because no one else would have you. DO NOT be whiny and say "I'm using this site because all the women I meet in club are teh suxxors." Do NOT be negative about the women you meet in your day to day life. A girl is more likely to assume the problem lies with you rather than the rest of the world. But don't forget, YOU ARE QUALIFYING THEM!

You can use the same profile on a variety of websites, so make it the best profile there is.

I recommend leaving an instant message screename in your profile. A lot of people prefer to make first contact this way.

Profile cliches

These are not always written exactly the same as I will show you, but I see them all the time in one variety or another. Avoid them.

"I'm often shy at first but I'm very warm and friendly once you get to know me."

"I'm the most funny/interesting/weird/quirky person you'll ever meet!"

"I'm not very good at writing about myself" or "I'm never sure what to write for these things..."

"If you want to know anything more, just ask!" (Never. They will never follow up and ask. They have no incentive to. You tell them about yourself then and there, soldier.)

JoeSki

Reaction score
No One's Messaging Me! and What Should I Say?

Have the rules changed for online dating? Not by much. It's still your responsibility to do the approaching. Be a man. You will be ignored, rejected, and burnt up, and usually there won't be a sound from any of it. You will be rejected not with a bang, but a whisper. Rather than lamenting this, take comfort in it. It's a lot easier to swallow than being rejected in person. Invest thought into your messages, but not emotion. Responses will be more common than received messages. Received messages will come in due time, but it often takes a while. You can't expect five messages in a week. Usually they come a month here, a month there...sometimes quicker than that if you're putting up a new picture and arouse some interest from longtime members. If you're having no luck, eyeball your profile and tweak it until it squeals.

In the meanwhile, you send out those messages.

A good message will be roughly a paragraph long. Unless you're making a great joke or making an interesting reference to something in her profile, anything shorter than that will come off as lazy. One of the biggest complaints women have with online dating sites are the short, boring messages they receive. A longer message can make you appear desperate or appear as though you're trying too hard...these are rules of thumb. I have prompted conversation with a long message with favorable results.

A message should do three things:
  • Show appreciation for her profile and personality
  • Express common interest and/or similarities
  • Show value
  • Show interest

It's very easy to do bungle any one of these things.

While showing appreciation, be careful not to place her too high on any pedestal or go to far out on your compliments. She has a cool hat in her picture. Her writing style makes Hunter S Thomspon look sober and sane. You think it's awesome she loves Army of Darkness, or Lost Skeleton of the Cadavera. She is not a Goddess, and you are not a monk. Make playful observations about her that she would like. I rarely compliment anyone on their appearances. I would advise against it for the first message in most cases. She knows you're attracted, otherwise you wouldn't be writing. But that's just me.

When expressing common interests and similarities, show don't tell. What I mean by this, is that you should not say "Hey, I dig your taste in music. I also really dig Incubus, The Killers, and Flogging Molly" This looks tryhard and like you're trying to qualify yourself for her. Say "Did you see Flogging Molly at the Florida Music Festival? They were here not too long back...Man, they know how to put on a show. Up until the moment they were on stage, they were drinking with me and all their other fans. Good stuff!". Don't sound too excited. Coming across with an attitude of "OMG WE LIKE THE SAME STUFF MEBE WE B SOLEMATEZ!1!!1?!!" will scare her off.

You can show value in many different ways. There is no one way to be a wonderful person. Quality is a way of life. You don't have to talk about the time you killed a lion with your bare hands. Write well. Try your best to avoid typos, grammar errors, and use proper punctuation. An intelligent message with an intelligent profile will attract intelligent women. On top of that, be funny. Be a smartass, be interesting, be experienced. You're a wonderful, well spoke, well traveled man. Show it....but don't tell.

Cement everything else with interest and perhaps some qualifying questions. Has she ever been to any of your favorite places? What are her favorite places? You both like Italian food, but you haven't found any good restaurants. Has she? Maybe you have some questions about the philosophy she was jabbering about. Ask.

Oh, and whenever you mention sex you're walking on eggshells. Mentioning it in the context of an over the top joke has proven safe.

When to Ask Her Out and How

Very shortly after making contact with her, and you don't.

A lot of failures with hitting it off properly with a girl online can be attributed to not asking a girl out correctly. This particular aspect of online dating is more complicated than you'd think. Allow me to elaborate.

It appears the common belief on this website is that you should take your time while courting someone online. This is wrong as hell! I did this for a very long time and I can't tell you how many dates it lost me. You go for that invitation the moment you decide you like her, and that she's at least worth the time to meet! Have a idea of what you want to do with her drawn up ahead of time, and shoot. Let me share with you something that took me TWO YEARS to learn: women don't want to spend time online speaking with you. They really don't. Most of them aren't as concerned about the whole meeting strangers online thing as you think, and like most things, how they feel with you is very much up to how you act around them. Waiting a long time to mention meeting because you want her to feel safe is akin to saying "Hey, buckle up, I might get into a horrible car accident resulting in untold carnage" before a girl gets in your car. She may have considered that, but she doesn't want to hear it. The QUICKER you invite her out, the BETTER. Since I've stood behind this maxim my online dating has tripled.

And don't ask her out. Oh, and you're not going to ask her out. Tell her to go out with you. Try it, you'll be amazed at the results. "Maybe"s and "I'm sorta busy"s turn into "OK"s.

Repeat after me: Hey, you're pretty chill. I've been wanting to play raquetball and have been eyeballing the new recreation center they just built. Come with me.

But before you say that there's a very useful disclaimer you MUST USE! Pay attention! This is important. This one line will prove useful beyond words. It's magic. Repeat after me: "Hey, I know we're both using an online dating site, but I'm really personable guy, and over the internet is no way to get to know someone..."

Followed by...: You're pretty chill. I've been wanting to play racquetball and I have been eyeballing the new recreation center they just built. Come with me.

What does this line do? For starters, in installs a sense of well...sense. Good common sense. Talking to someone online really is no way of getting to know someone. I've had nothing but agreements from girls here. If it didn't occur to them before they signed up onto a dating sight, it will occur to them now. No matter how long you speak to someone, the chances of them actually being a 67 year old halfbreed between a monkey and a man as well as a sea pirate as opposed a 23 year old graduate and surfer does not change one bit. Time will only give a woman more time to start having doubts about who you are, it will rarely increase trust and a desire to meet you.

If you feel this is a bit too bold, or that a girl might be especially wary of meeting someone online, tell her to meet you at a public cafe or bookstore, and afterwards you'll continue your date elsewhere. Or sometimes it helps to end the "Personable Guy" line with a drop of your phone number. Tell her to call you. After you spend some time on the phone (whatever feels right to you), then invite her out. Maybe even revise the "Personable Guy" line if it feels right to you. "Like I said, I'm a personable guy. I really don't care for hiding behind a computer of phone all day, I like to get out...."

What activity should the invitation include?

Same rules for dates apply here, but for the first date make sure you're inviting her out to something that can take place on any day of the week and is available throughout the day and perhaps night. A lot of girls do online dating because they have tight schedules, so while they may be impressed by your idea of taking her out to a Comedy Hypnosis dinner show, she will ultimately turn the idea down which leaves you fishing for new ideas on the spot. Have a few ideas in mind, and use which ever one you like best.

JoeSki

Reaction score
Qualify, Weed, Qualify

Who to avoid.

Profiles with "Myspace Angles". If her only pictures are from top down, half of her side, down up, and a close up of her face, she probably isn't in the best of health. I have been wrong.

Profiles in which the girl looks like a professional model in each and every picture. The profile usually includes a short account of typical interests mixed in with raunchy interests. She probably isn't real.

Anyone advertising sex sex sex. They're either an Ad-bot for a adult personals site or they're very, very unattractive.

Attention trollops. I mentioned these girls before, remember? A girl doesn't have to be an attention hoe just because she declined your invitation out, but often at times the one's most resilient about meeting in person really aren't looking for anything worthwhile. They will waste your time. When dating online, ask someone out once, and move on. It's very easy to waste time on one person over the internet just to have that person stop responding to you. Don't let this happen. Let my invitation method weed these girls out.

Sites to Behold

OkCupid.com
As far as design goes, this one is by far the best. Thousands of tests, questions, and qualifying gibberish that shows you how compatable you are with someone else and allows you to really see what someone else is made of. Plus, we know how much girls like pop psychology quizzes. This site is loaded with them. OKCupid is filled with a large variety of counter culture, suicide esque girls. Or even if they're not that, they still have more personality, intelligence, style, and humor than the girls at most other sites I've come across. I belong to another message board in which many members met their wives and husbands over OkCupid. Personally, I've gotten some good dates out of it and have even made longterm friends. And no, they weren't from me being placed into the friend's zone.

PlentyofFish.com
The best thing I can say about this site is that it's free, and there's plenty of profiles on it to sift through. The quality of the women isn't as good as OkCupid's but there's a diamond here and there. Likewise, the choice of men on POF isn't that great either, so a great profile stands out for as long as you have it up there. It takes little effort and time to copy and post your OkCupid profile to another site. Start one up just in case you catch the eye of someone likeminded. A lot of times feedback comes when you least expect it.

Craigslist.com
I've actually gotten more dates out of Craiglist since I've started using it three months ago than I have from any other site. It's a really wonderful tool. Sure the personals written by women are terrible, and sure the personals written by men are just as terrible and perhaps even worse. That does NOT mean that very smart, attractive people aren't reading through the personals. A lot of people read them for ****s and giggles. I've had responses from people that only read the personals for a cheap laugh only to message me and tell me what a surprise mine was. Just like with POF, since most of the entrees are lame, yours will stand out(!) shoulders and shoulders above everyone else. Not only that, but the entire Craigslist audience rolls over completely about once every fifteen days from my estimates. You never run out of readers so long as you post your personal once a week.

My Personal, and What Makes it Work

http://orlando.craigslist.org/m4w/412092930.html

"For starters, I'm not looking for someone to love me. I love myself plenty. I understand a relationship is supposed to enhance your life, not make or break it. I'm looking for someone to love. When I think about an ideal relationship, most of my thoughts veer towards what I'd like to provide for the other person. Things I'd cook, restaurants I'd take her out to, theme parks we'd go to, impromptu road trips we'd take, favors I'd like to pay. I really think the desire to provide for someone else is one of the major hallmarks of maturity, and it is one I look for in people I spend time with. And so by extension of that I guess I'm...looking for someone to love me? No one ever said this dating thing would make sense. Hah. Anyways, onward with my description"

Women love this. It conveys everything that lets them know I can stand on my own two feet, am not looking for someone to "complete me", am a provider, and will be the one qualifying THEM for a cahnce to spend time with ME. Sentences seven and eight allow me to outright tell someone to take ME out. I've yet to do this, but I'm interested in trying it out. Because of the way I've phrased those particular lines, I can't imagine it would make me lose standing with anyone. I am in fact, looking to be provided for as well as I provide. If a girl doesn't even have an idea of what she would like to do for me after contacting me, she's obviously not the girl for me.

The bit where I mention my multiple lines of lineage has spurred a lot of responses where people tell me what their heritage is. The lines where I talk about what I LOVE is outright monkyed in many responses as the girls try to align with my personality before we even meet. I get a lot of responses about "driving down to the keys at the drop of a hat". Something I actually did once with a friend.

These are the parts that stand out. Everything else is taken into consideration and appreciated, but not outright mentioned as much.

The pictures are a good mix. They show my interest and skill in photography, my adventerous side, and me just standing there looking like me on any given day. I'd suggest you go for a healthy variety as well.

That's all for now. I'll be around for whatever if there's responses. Good luck.

JoeSki

Reaction score
Qualify, Weed, Qualify

Who to avoid.

Profiles with "Myspace Angles". If her only pictures are from top down, half of her side, down up, and a close up of her face, she probably isn't in the best of health. I have been wrong.

Profiles in which the girl looks like a professional model in each and every picture. The profile usually includes a short account of typical interests mixed in with raunchy interests. She probably isn't real.

Anyone advertising sex sex sex. They're either an Ad-bot for a adult personals site or they're very, very unattractive.

Attention trollops. I mentioned these girls before, remember? A girl doesn't have to be an attention hoe just because she declined your invitation out, but often at times the one's most resilient about meeting in person really aren't looking for anything worthwhile. They will waste your time. When dating online, ask someone out once, and move on. It's very easy to waste time on one person over the internet just to have that person stop responding to you. Don't let this happen. Let my invitation method weed these girls out.

Sites to Behold

OkCupid.com
As far as design goes, this one is by far the best. Thousands of tests, questions, and qualifying gibberish that shows you how compatable you are with someone else and allows you to really see what someone else is made of. Plus, we know how much girls like pop psychology quizzes. This site is loaded with them. OKCupid is filled with a large variety of counter culture, suicide esque girls. Or even if they're not that, they still have more personality, intelligence, style, and humor than the girls at most other sites I've come across. I belong to another message board in which many members met their wives and husbands over OkCupid. Personally, I've gotten some good dates out of it and have even made longterm friends. And no, they weren't from me being placed into the friend's zone.

PlentyofFish.com
The best thing I can say about this site is that it's free, and there's plenty of profiles on it to sift through. The quality of the women isn't as good as OkCupid's but there's a diamond here and there. Likewise, the choice of men on POF isn't that great either, so a great profile stands out for as long as you have it up there.

Craigslist.com
I've actually gotten more dates out of Craiglist since I've started using it three months ago than I have from any other site. It's a really wonderful tool. Sure the personals written by women are terrible, and sure the personals written by men are just as terrible and perhaps even worse. That does NOT mean that very smart, attractive people aren't reading through the personals. A lot of people read them for ****s and giggles. I've had responses from people that only read the personals for a cheap laugh only to message me and tell me what a surprise mine was. Just like with POF, since most of the entrees are lame, yours will stand out(!) shoulders and shoulders above everyone else. Not only that, but the entire Craigslist audience rolls over completely about once every fifteen days from my estimates. You never run out of readers so long as you post your personal once a week.

My Personal, and What Makes it Work

"For starters, I'm not looking for someone to love me. I love myself plenty. I understand a relationship is supposed to enhance your life, not make or break it. I'm looking for someone to love. When I think about an ideal relationship, most of my thoughts veer towards what I'd like to provide for the other person. Things I'd cook, restaurants I'd take her out to, theme parks we'd go to, impromptu road trips we'd take, favors I'd like to pay. I really think the desire to provide for someone else is one of the major hallmarks of maturity, and it is one I look for in people I spend time with. And so by extension of that I guess I'm...looking for someone to love me? No one ever said this dating thing would make sense. Hah. Anyways, onward with my description"

Women love this. It conveys everything that lets them know I can stand on my own two feet, am not looking for someone to "complete me", am a provider, and will be the one qualifying THEM for a cahnce to spend time with ME. Sentences seven and eight allow me to outright tell someone to take ME out. I've yet to do this, but I'm interested in trying it out. Because of the way I've phrased those particular lines, I can't imagine it would make me lose standing with anyone. I am in fact, looking to be provided for as well as I provide. If a girl doesn't even have an idea of what she would like to do for me after contacting me, she's obviously not the girl for me.

The bit where I mention my multiple lines of lineage has spurred a lot of responses where people tell me what their heritage is. The lines where I talk about what I LOVE is outright monkyed in many responses as the girls try to align with my personality before we even meet. I get a lot of responses about "driving down to the keys at the drop of a hat". Something I actually did once with a friend.

These are the parts that stand out. Everything else is taken into consideration and appreciated, but not outright mentioned as much.

The pictures are a good mix. They show my interest and skill in photography, my adventerous side, and me just standing there looking like me on any given day. I'd suggest you go for a healthy variety as well.

That's all for now. I'll be around for whatever if there's responses. Good luck.
:rock:

Heavyjay

Reaction score
Hey man, great posts! I'm a bit of an online fanatic myself. I just checked out OKcupid, and you're right. It seems like a good site. Definitely different crowd than POF or CL.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds good. i'll test out these methods and see how they are and if i can add them to my arsenal/teaching methods.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blah.

Joeski

Everything you wrote comes with a HUGE asterisk. Women do exactly the same thing that men do when on dating sites. First, they scan the pictures to see who is attractive, then from there, they begin to read the profiles. But, only if you are attractive.

So, empirically speaking, you have to be an attractive male for any of this to work at all. Otherwise, you are screwed.

I have put a picture of myself on craigslist with nothing other than: "who wants to go out with me?" and received responses. Then, I took one of my very well written ads from a while ago and attached a picture of some average guy and got zero. Thats right....big fat ZERO!!! One would think that females would give males a chance based on their level of skill in writing or their personality traits put forth by their eloquent use of description, but that is not so. You must have a good picture first or you are just wasting your time.

Also, I think that the only reason that you got so many responses to your CL ad was because you wrote "like to provide for the other person" which means, in no uncertain terms that you are planning on being a sugar-daddy in some form. Which is fine, some guys have to pay for female companionship. So yeah, of course some girl will drive to see you if she feels that you are a potential meal ticket... she is curious what you 'bring to the table' in a literal sense.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What matters most in the online world is looks. Attractive pics are the best bait for catching chicks. What you write in your profile is mostly irrelevant. A hot guy with a 2 sentence profile will pull more responses than an average looking guy with an amazing profile.

Connor99

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dust 2 Dust said:
What matters most in the online world is looks. Attractive pics are the best bait for catching chicks. What you write in your profile is mostly irrelevant. A hot guy with a 2 sentence profile will pull more responses than an average looking guy with an amazing profile.
I made a fake profile on POF using pics of this well built firefighter

i had 5-10 messages everyday lol girls literally giving me cell phone numbers etc they were acting like guys lol it showed how shallow girls are too

They were all over it like white on rice lol if i was that guy in the pics i used i could have nailed well over 50 girls in 1 month lol

i decided it was cruel and lame and i deleted the account. But it showed me what girls REALLY like...MUSCLES,MUSCLES,MUSCLES, Rugged ripped dudes

They were all over it lol

shaggy84

Don Juan
Reaction score
Connor99 said:
I made a fake profile on POF using pics of this well built firefighter

i had 5-10 messages everyday lol girls literally giving me cell phone numbers etc they were acting like guys lol it showed how shallow girls are too

They were all over it like white on rice lol if i was that guy in the pics i used i could have nailed well over 50 girls in 1 month lol

i decided it was cruel and lame and i deleted the account. But it showed me what girls REALLY like...MUSCLES,MUSCLES,MUSCLES, Rugged ripped dudes

They were all over it lol
LOL!!! that's crazy!!!!

Von_S

Don Juan
Reaction score
Picture is key, you need a good one, not some self portrait mirror camera phone piece of sh*t, I've been experimenting with a few online dating sites and I've found that most of Joe's advice is right, when I first started I was getting no action, but now the numbers are picking up. Its a black art you have to play with it to dial it in.

However sometimes you strike gold, I have a profile on plenty of fish, a girl saw it messaged me, we met up that day for lunch, went out that night dancing and I spent the night at her house. I never had to do anything.

Dating sites can be a hassle, but if you've got a good profile, its working while you're not. Unfortunately a lot of women that message you are HB 4's AT BEST, so be prepared for a lot of false alarms; hot chicks don't have to resort to websites to get laid and a lot of them are on there for the ego trip. Spend an hour setting up your profile, figure out how to get a few good pictures taken, re-examine it once a week, make a few tweaks, and who knows if you get one solid hit a year off of it its worth it right?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joeski said:

Women love this. It conveys everything that lets them know I can stand on my own two feet, am not looking for someone to "complete me", am a provider, and will be the one qualifying THEM for a cahnce to spend time with ME.
However you are making yourself to be a provider, which according to RSD Blueprint, creates a different sort of frame than an instant attraction lover would provide. It doesn't seem this profile is triggering that type of attraction and seems AFC at heart - like you are trying to buy your way.

A bad-boy type of profile, ****y-funny, or primal attraction triggers would be more, at least rAFC, or DJ/PUA.

drgthang

Reaction score
JoeSki, you've got some excellent tips and pointers layed out here...Definitely going to bookmark this for future reference!

I'm curious about how guys respond to the very simple early question from a random HB on Facebook or another social media site: "Do I know you?" What's the best comeback line for this? I find this line irritating because it's kinda standoffish, yet you don't want to let it shake you when you respond..

so any good responses for her "do i know you?" line?

Prozac

Don Juan
Reaction score
I enjoyed reading your posts, broski. Your personal ad example was way different from what I'm used to seeing from dating successes, but it's definitely worth considering.

drgthang said:
so any good responses for her "do i know you?" line?
Ignore it. Drop your immature comeback bull and plow through the **** test like you always do.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stopped the online dating BS and started doing the conventional way of meeting girls...and hitting up the gym.

Yes hot girls are attracted to buff guys. That should not be a surprise at all. What is a surprise is the fact that since I have decided to go after a certain look (big mean bouncer type white guy), I don't have to do online dating at all. I had a great night last night with a blonde hottie who couldn't stop telling me how hot I was. My face isn't winning any awards, the only thing that attracted her was the fact that I look so intimidating.

So, it is possible. But, once you get to the point where you actually are one of those guys with a nice body, you won't need online dating. Trust me.

drgthang

Reaction score
Duffdog said:
I stopped the online dating BS and started doing the conventional way of meeting girls...and hitting up the gym.

Yes hot girls are attracted to buff guys. That should not be a surprise at all. What is a surprise is the fact that since I have decided to go after a certain look (big mean bouncer type white guy), I don't have to do online dating at all. I had a great night last night with a blonde hottie who couldn't stop telling me how hot I was. My face isn't winning any awards, the only thing that attracted her was the fact that I look so intimidating.

So, it is possible. But, once you get to the point where you actually are one of those guys with a nice body, you won't need online dating. Trust me.
Totally agree..I'm in the process of working out again after some injuries, but found that back when I was in great shape, it impacted confidence and in turn gets a lot more looks from HB's. Still I think some turn to online dating due to the approach anxiety factor.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Duffdog said:
Yep. I will add that this is assuming you socialize regularly in places where nice bodies are noticed and prized. You aren't going to net anything just walking to and from office everyday. I could probably count on one hand the times I've been approached just walking to and fro during the daytime. But hot chicks love hot muscular dudes.

Regarding online dating, I agree pics are everything. A clever profile doesn't hurt, but seriously women treat online dating just like men. Pics>profile. I noticed a significant difference in responses when I had up a great pic of myself versus just an average one where I didn't really look that great.

And if you're not good looking you better have a hilarious profile. Humor goes a long way, I find. It shows them you aren't too serious or desperate. I also noticed a difference when my profile was too detailed and picky versus when I just kept it short and funny.

Powerofmindset

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post so why not restart this. I recently tried online dating on match.com and actually found it easy to talk to girls...get their number...but all they would do is flake. No matter what I said or acted like (because I tried multipule things to see if any of them are right) the DAY OF they would always flake. They could even be the ones asking when we are going to hang out and then I would tell them and they would still flake. What the hell is going on here? Attention *****s? I really don't believe I was doing anything but being a DJ...and I wouldn't even over due it.