Starting a TRT regimen

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
And in other news, cancer does not cause death as it is discovered that its fake news created by "The Medical Establishment" to make money off of poor, unsuspecting souls. More at the top of the hour.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh and my pretax health account paid for it!

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I took it, I started making gains lol
How much were you taking and how much of an increase did you notice? I laugh at the fools that say gear "isn't magic" or how it doesn't make a difference and it's all training lol. I knew a guy from the gym back in 2019 when he went on his first cycle, not 100% sure what he was on but it sounded like a fairly standard routine with mostly just test. Anyway, he had been training for several years and had a max bench of 315 and deadlift of 500. Within 6 months after being on his first cycle his bench had gone up to 315 for 10 reps and 500 on deadlift for 10 reps, basically made the equivalent of noob gains lol. A person with decent to good genetics for strength training/muscle with several years of experience had results like this in that span of time, which is incredible and would never have happened naturally.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How much were you taking and how much of an increase did you notice? I laugh at the fools that say gear "isn't magic" or how it doesn't make a difference and it's all training lol. I knew a guy from the gym back in 2019 when he went on his first cycle, not 100% sure what he was on but it sounded like a fairly standard routine with mostly just test. Anyway, he had been training for several years and had a max bench of 315 and deadlift of 500. Within 6 months after being on his first cycle his bench had gone up to 315 for 10 reps and 500 on deadlift for 10 reps, basically made the equivalent of noob gains lol. A person with decent to good genetics for strength training/muscle with several years of experience had results like this in that span of time, which is incredible and would never have happened naturally.
I was taking 300 a week of Test Cyp, it was absolutely preposterous.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh and my pretax health account paid for it!
From what I've heard, basic test is fairly cheap, talking like less than $50 or month or something like that. Basically cheaper than what the bros spend on all these b.s supplements and gym gear lol.

I was taking 300 a week of Test Cyp, it was absolutely preposterous.
That's way beyond TRT lol but considered a low(ish) dose for roid boys. What kind of gains did you make on that?

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I've heard, basic test is fairly cheap, talking like less than $50 or month or something like that. Basically cheaper than what the bros spend on all these b.s supplements and gym gear lol.

That's way beyond TRT lol but considered a low(ish) dose for roid boys. What kind of gains did you make on that?
Lifting on gear is like nothing else in the world. You are always ready to go hard and the pump is almost better than sex as Arnold notoriously said (huge gear head). At 8 weeks in and when my balls started shriveling up in spite of the HCG I just stopped. My LH and FH were also both out of whack which I later realized was due to Tongkat, but when I dropped the juice my libido didn’t suffer and my balls came back and I have been a happy Tongkat user ever since

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a lot of HCG left over from last year that I may mix up. It increases penile length by 10% on a permanent basis and adds to semen volume, it’s tempting.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifting on gear is like nothing else in the world. You are always ready to go hard and the pump is almost better than sex as Arnold notoriously said (huge gear head). At 8 weeks in and when my balls started shriveling up in spite of the HCG I just stopped. My LH and FH were also both out of whack which I later realized was due to Tongkat, but when I dropped the juice my libido didn’t suffer and my balls came back and I have been a happy Tongkat user ever since
I meant like how much strength and muscle did you gain? I've heard roid users discuss this about lifting while on gear, it's probably why they are obsessed with the gym for reasons you mentioned. I've never touched the sauce but enjoy lifting but don't have those types of feelings associated with it lol.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I meant like how much strength and muscle did you gain? I've heard roid users discuss this about lifting while on gear, it's probably why they are obsessed with the gym for reasons you mentioned. I've never touched the sauce but enjoy lifting but don't have those types of feelings associated with it lol.
I don’t remember now but when you’re running gear around week four on the longer Esters your numbers start moving up fast. The point of gear is that your body recovers a lot faster and your blood is saturating your muscles much faster, if you want to know what it feels like to be God, run a cycle of pure testosterone

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I don’t remember now but when you’re running gear around week four on the longer Esters your numbers start moving up fast. The point of gear is that your body recovers a lot faster and your blood is saturating your muscles much faster, if you want to know what it feels like to be God, run a cycle of pure testosterone
Actually the point is that it removes the rate limiting step of protein synthesis the body naturally has imposed on itself without it. Meaning, you can only gain but so much muscle over a given amount of time because the body simply cannot synthesize any more muscle normally no matter what you do. Typically this is around 2 lbs a month for newer lifters if they do everything right. Eat right, train right, sleep right, etc.

Steroids basically override this limitation and allows for more muscle to be synthesized that otherwise would be possible.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quick update - in the past 3 months I gained about nearly 15 lbs and most of that is muscle mass. Waist size went down (32" -> 31"), so I'm definitely not putting on fat. Visual estimate is 18% body fat but I could be wrong. I already hit new lifetime PRs for all my lifts (relative to my current weight) despite not even working out very hard. Speaks volumes about how critical hormones are for strength building...

Has anyone run into acne issues on TRT? I'm getting horrible bacne, it's even going partially down my arms. Trying salicylic acid and PanOxyl and saunas also taking lukewarm showers but it makes no difference.

Also noticing a bit more hair clumping up in my combs than normal so now i'm getting paranoid and might just stop TRT completely and consider slashing my prolactin/SHBG instead...

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Have you considered doing a blend like sustanon 250? The different esthers have help. The gold standard is a long esther cypionate. Just a thought. The other thing you might consider is shooting e3d instead 1x week, probably would smoothen out your circulating t levels.

Initially you’ll want to keep an eye on your e3, and figure out if you aromatize and consider an anastrole-like compound if above 30 or so.

You can get bloodwork ordered if you join lef.org they have a comprehensive male hormone panel for like $100 bucks, they’ll even have a person consult with you on it if you like, or just get your results they use Labcorp, you just go into labcorp with your order.
I switched from Test E to Test C and like C better.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Quick update - in the past 3 months I gained about nearly 15 lbs and most of that is muscle mass. Waist size went down (32" -> 31"), so I'm definitely not putting on fat. Visual estimate is 18% body fat but I could be wrong. I already hit new lifetime PRs for all my lifts (relative to my current weight) despite not even working out very hard. Speaks volumes about how critical hormones are for strength building...

Has anyone run into acne issues on TRT? I'm getting horrible bacne, it's even going partially down my arms. Trying salicylic acid and PanOxyl and saunas also taking lukewarm showers but it makes no difference.

Also noticing a bit more hair clumping up in my combs than normal so now i'm getting paranoid and might just stop TRT completely and consider slashing my prolactin/SHBG instead...
This sounds like you are using a steroid dose and not a TRT dose.

TRT does not produce effects like that...any of them.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This sounds like you are using a steroid dose and not a TRT dose.

TRT does not produce effects like that...any of them.
I'm only taking 200mg a week now. Seems like 200-250mg is right in the line of a high TRT dose and a low end cycle dose.

Reaction score
Just a sidenote here:

Androgens, especially higher doses, are not guarantee of becoming mentally some kind of alpha-male.

I would really advice against this belief or thinking that ones issues would somehow be magically solved with some test. Fix the issues first, or you might be really paying the piper in the end.

For some, they feel awesome but not for everyone and it's quite difficult to know this before trying out.
Even vanilla Test can make existing anxiety really worse and cause anxious depressive symptoms to those that are prone to them.

I would attribute this to the fact that test seems to increase status seeking behavior and make effort feel good. This is pretty nasty If you were chronically feeling "low status" before, because it just throws you deeper into the hole.

For me back in the day decent dose of test was best thing ever and even tren felt good ( unfortunately not for hair follicles.. :D).
But I also saw my share of really sad cases..

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Just a sidenote here:

Androgens, especially higher doses, are not guarantee of becoming mentally some kind of alpha-male.

I would really advice against this belief or thinking that ones issues would somehow be magically solved with some test. Fix the issues first, or you might be really paying the piper in the end.

For some, they feel awesome but not for everyone and it's quite difficult to know this before trying out.
Even vanilla Test can make existing anxiety really worse and cause anxious depressive symptoms to those that are prone to them.

I would attribute this to the fact that test seems to increase status seeking behavior and make effort feel good. This is pretty nasty If you were chronically feeling "low status" before, because it just throws you deeper into the hole.

For me back in the day decent dose of test was best thing ever and even tren felt good ( unfortunately not for hair follicles.. :D).
But I also saw my share of really sad cases..

That doesn't sound right. Test makes you not really give a fvxk about what other people think for the most part.

What you are describing sounds like people who are high aromatizers that did not properly control their estradiol levels and had to deal with the effects of having too much estrogen in their body which made them start acting like females mentally or has the body in a state of confusion since it doesn't know WTF is going on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That doesn't sound right. Test makes you not really give a fvxk about what other people think for the most part.

What you are describing sounds like people who are high aromatizers that did not properly control their estradiol levels and had to deal with the effects of having too much estrogen in their body which made them start acting like females mentally or has the body in a state of confusion since it doesn't know WTF is going on.
In my experience the mental effects of supraphysiological test-levels really depend on the individual and can really be complex issue.
Research-wise my best understanding is that test increases status seeking behavior and it makes "effort feel good"-trough dopamine pathways.

And the rest is up to the mental landscape of individual. And as we know the individual differences there wary a lot. In my opinnion individuals life situation, personality, life experiences, core beliefs etc play much more pivotal role here. Anecdotally it seems to pretty much amplify personality. Azzholes tend to be bigger azzholes, social persons tend become even more fun to be around etc.

I'm pretty sure that socially anxious, lonely person that spends all his free time smoking pot and playing videogames will be even more fvcked up with extra Test.