Reaction score
been lazy to record workouts.

deads: 305 3x4

hipextentions: 155 5x3

w-abs: 45x10

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought you deadlifted 330x5 in the past?

Working on some form issues?

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
awesome memory

Yeah, I have some madd issues. In December/January I took a few weeks off cuz I couldn't afford the gym and then I got food poisoning. After that, I haven't had a chance to be strict on my routine. Actually this week is perfect for me to get back into it, but the gym that I go to is a university gym with shorted spring break hours >=[. I only get an hour to warm up and workout.

Right now I'm also working on my form as you said. I'm trying to get it so that my lower back isn't sore the day after (thats how it normally is for me). The workout I just posted resulted in a sore lower back as well >=[. I've been doing a lot of glute activation, hopefully they will be utilized more and my lower back less.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spesmilitis said:
awesome memory

Yeah, I have some madd issues. In December/January I took a few weeks off cuz I couldn't afford the gym and then I got food poisoning. After that, I haven't had a chance to be strict on my routine. Actually this week is perfect for me to get back into it, but the gym that I go to is a university gym with shorted spring break hours >=[. I only get an hour to warm up and workout.

Right now I'm also working on my form as you said. I'm trying to get it so that my lower back isn't sore the day after (thats how it normally is for me). The workout I just posted resulted in a sore lower back as well >=[. I've been doing a lot of glute activation, hopefully they will be utilized more and my lower back less.

Sounds like we are in the same kind of boat. I hit 341x4 but I get a lot of stiffness in my lower back. Been doing quite a bit of glute activation myself. Get on those GHR's and be persistent :D I will have to drop the weight a bit and work on form. Although I think I will try some rack deads and see how that works out.

How is the squat going? I am giving up on it and moving to front squat, think this will work well.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
Sounds like we are in the same kind of boat. I hit 341x4 but I get a lot of stiffness in my lower back. Been doing quite a bit of glute activation myself. Get on those GHR's and be persistent :D I will have to drop the weight a bit and work on form. Although I think I will try some rack deads and see how that works out.

How is the squat going? I am giving up on it and moving to front squat, think this will work well.
Same boat with squat, used to be able to do 195 3x3, now its around 160

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spesmilitis said:
Same boat with squat, used to be able to do 195 3x3, now its around 160
If back squat is f***** up try front squat for a while. You can't use bad form on it really.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
If back squat is f***** up try front squat for a while. You can't use bad form on it really.

It seems that on squats, if I can smooth out a sticking point, I can go back to normal.

Squat: 165 1x10. I want planning to do a 3x3, but on the first rep I was really tempted to cheat and a sticking point, and I just concluded I was having a bad day. However, I ended up doing 10 sets of singles. So I have a feeling that once that sticking point gets smoothed out, I will be at my normal squat weight.
-When you get to the sticking point, don't rush and cheat. Stay as there as long as you can as your body will eventually go up with good form.
-New form tip: before going down, squeeze the glutes as hard as you can

leg curls

weighted abs: weight on top of forhead: 45x10, 45x5,