So I find myself sitting at home, with no desire to go out.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's Friday.
I don't have any motivation to call anyone.
Mostly because they probably won't answer.
And if they do, they will probably not be able to go do anything.
I'm 17 and I'm not old enough to get into bars or clubs.

I would love to be at some kind of party, although I don't know anyone who has them, and even if I did and I was able to go, I'm currently not in a social mood.

I could get dressed and go out to the bookstore or movies, there might be a few girls there, but I won't be having any fun, so why bother? the bookstore offers relaxation... but I'm afraid I won't be able to meet anyone there, because who the hell goes to the bookstore on a Friday night, right before spring break? The movies are guaranteed to have interesting people there... but I'll only be able to catch them on their way in or out, and plus I have to pay to get in. Sneaking in is possible, but so is getting caught without a ticket.

My only method of transportation is a white van with a 90's-inspired blue streak, with one of the hubcaps missing. I'm embarrassed to roll around in such a thing when I fantasize driving a subtly modified Audi A4.

My red truck sits idly in my driveway, waiting to be inspected so I can drive it legally. In the meantime, I'm trying to wire in a new Alpine radio, and I'm having difficulty getting the speakers to work.

I just want to stay at home, play a little Xbox 360, watch a bit of David DeAngelo's program on approaching women, and fall asleep.

What happened to the days of summer when I was so enthusiastic to go out? I look back on those days and realize how many mistakes I made, but I fail to understand why I'm no longer that enthusiatic...

Is it because of stress from being a senior in high school? Is the immaturity and ignorance of school finally getting to me?

I've noticed that my early high school days were pretty upbeat, but then dropped off into boring, stale social situations, as people recognized who I am (my social status for the last three years was low, then I show up senior year with more confidence and much better dressed).

My style and attitude has supposedly caused girls to whisper to each other about why the hell that tall guy is walking around in designer jeans and a blazer with a t-shirt underneath, and wonder who I am. Who I think I am. I've been repeatedly told that I'm "mysterious".

The requirement of rising early to attend school has caused my attitude to become negative, as I am not a morning person. Any compliment given to me about my appearance is ignored.

If someone indicated interest to me or smiles, I coldly brush them off.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Last edited:

MCristo

Don Juan
Reaction score
you're negative, for one.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm...

I think I need to actually read the DJ Bible. I've skipped through it, but I don't know...

Back in summer my problem was information overload, because I was learning alot very fast. Now it's just being unhappy, while knowing what to do in most situations.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not going out tonight either. Was awake for 36 hours(10AM wednesday - 10PM thursday) studying for, completing, and relaxing after a big exam. No desire at all to go out right now, just spend some alone time. Had roughly 8 shots of vodka and a few shots of baileys in that time as well.

You should go and get a bit of exercise, or do something that gets you on your feet and busy.

Inactivity = Depression

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
Inactivity = Depression
Truer words have never been spoken!

The only reason you feel depressed is because you don't have many friends to party with. I used to be in the same boat as you. You really have to change that.

Go and talk to the people that party a lot and then try to get invited.

If you really don't want to go out though, then study. It's a win win situation.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you weren't 17, I would let this one pass.
You're 17 for chrissakes!??
When I was 17, and my entire 20s and into the 30s, you could not find me home on a Friday night.

You're acting like someone my age :D
Now I don't give a flying phuck about Friday nights. I go out any night of the week I please as long as it's not the night before a workout. In fact, since I've moved the low-rep portion of my weight training program to Saturday morning, Fridays are my time to rest. You're only 17, wtf is wrong with going to a bookstore tonight and having coffee or juice?? Cause 'no one else does it'? Puleeze...

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't gone out in years. I've got no place to go with nobody to go with. I used to go to movies and clubs by myself but I found that it was too much trouble for no return. So every night I sit at home and go to bed at 10:30-11pm.

Vice, hopefully you have some friends to hang out with? If you don't have any cool friends that party and have fun, try to make some. I had the wrong friends in HS and pretty much hated it. BTW it's a good thing that girls are noticing you. Try talking to them.

nightcrawler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
I haven't gone out in years. I've got no place to go with nobody to go with. I used to go to movies and clubs by myself but I found that it was too much trouble for no return. So every night I sit at home and go to bed at 10:30-11pm.

Vice, hopefully you have some friends to hang out with? If you don't have any cool friends that party and have fun, try to make some. I had the wrong friends in HS and pretty much hated it. BTW it's a good thing that girls are noticing you. Try talking to them.
This is my situation..I see no point in going out if I'm by myself. the last time I was out was when I was 17:down:

Good thing I'm not the only one

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll 33. All of my friends are married or in committed relationships. I have no one to go out with tonight. A friend of mine is djing at this club, mostly younger 20 year olds. I could dress young and try to fit in...but I usually dress nice. I'm still gonna dress nice and go have a few drinks. Plus my dj buddy is playing a few of my old booty shake tracks tonight. We'll have a couple of drinks between his sets and a few laughs. **** it. I'll be the old man in the club tonight! :) better than staying home watching old movies on tv.

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
Vice said:
My only method of transportation is a white Dodge Caravan with a 90's-inspired blue streak, with one of the hubcaps missing. I'm embarrassed to roll around in such a thing when I fantasize driving a subtly modified Audi A4.
[/B]

Hahahaha thats so funny :up:

tr0ublemaker

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're a pu$$Y, that's your problem.

When I was 17, I drove around in a $hitty car with no license. I was just glad to have a vehicle to get around in. Before I started driving around, I was bored, which led to depression. I started doing more social things, got a job, and I was a lot better.

Maybe you're just too introverted and reclusive for your own good.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 33 and after my divorce I have a 92 burgandy honda civic with a rusted out paint job and no hubcaps that I drive every day to my job and my business. **** it. its paid for and I'm debt free! i don't give a **** what a ***** thinks about my car, because she's probably paying a car note and I'm not! Next year I'll be able to buy the car I want. Stop making excuses. Only children and women are allowed to make excuses! Not men. Just say you are too scared to go out alone and I can respect you for being honest. Then tell me how you plan on facing this fear.

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, this is a pretty depressing thread. I'm exhausted after a long week of work, and have to get up early, but I'm now very tempted to go out for a late-night drink at the bar and talk to random people.

The correct answer is to go live your life. If you want to watch a movie, watch a movie. If you want to play video games, play video games. If you want to go out somewhere, at your age it appears you need to do a bit more research. If you appreciate music, concerts are an amazingly easy way to meet people. Find dive venues that have like $5 covers. Hang out at the mall. There are a ton of different things you can be doing.

Watching the David D. stuff isn't the worst, though.

ItsOnNow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the same problem,I'm 22,I got off of work at 11,drove around,and now I am home. But this has been a problem affecting my mood and self for some time. And yes,inactivity does affect you. When I am at work,I am in a generally better mood,although I feel I have not solved my problems,and when I am not,I am depressed and irritable. I have very little desire or motivation to really do the things I want to do,esp go out,meet people,esp chicks,and get laid and such. So there's my dilemma.

TheEdgeOf

Banned
Reaction score
What The Fvck?

Seriously, what the hell is this god damned thread?

Too old to go to clubs? BULLSH1T!? walk by that ****ing bouncer with an attitude that you're the ****ing man, and you don't give a FVCK whether he likes it or not. And maybe he won't like it. maybe he'll try to card you and he won't let you in. But so what, there's so many clubs to go to. You'll get into one of them if you Walk with the confidant attitude and a look that says "I don't give a crap about you, and if this get's boring, I've got no problem with walking out on you right now." I live by that and I've been sitting bored with my friends and I just got up and said "Ya, you guys a boring, I'm leaving," And I just get up and walk away. If they don't like it, I don't really care. I'm doing this because I think it's fun, as soon as my fun is compromised, I'm out of there

And so what if you're going alone, I understand that you feel embarrassed that you're going out alone and that maybe you car isn't that great, but stop right there, you shouldn't care what other people think about you. If you mindset is to have fun, all opinions that they have of you will be completely undermined by the simple fact that you honestly don't care what they say, and by the end of the night, they'll probably forget that you even came alone, and you'll make new friends who do like to go out in the process.

Last edited:

slitherjef

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
Pretty much sums me up, but I go to bed way late, like 3am :rolleyes:

Rook

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop playing World of warcrack

I'm home on a friday night..... and i don't see the problem here. I CHOOSE to be home... why? I didn't want to go out!

You are not a "loser" cause you didn't go out on a night when its "the night" to go out. I sit at home on a Tuesday, does that make me weird? Hell no! You are who you are! and you do what you do!

ItsOnNow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social Conditioning? Yeah,but what about when you have few/no freinds/no/low social status,or you haven't been laid in a long time,and it feels really hard to make any of that happen?

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
back from the club. it was garbage. bunch of young kids. some cute girls. but honestly I'm down with a more mature crowd now. glad I went out though. better than sitting at home. I was dressed better than most of the kids there. people kept asking me if i was the owner. lol. me and the owner are friends. so I guess that worked out good. he wants me to do some flyers and visuals for the monitors for the club so that works out well for me. $$$$$$$$$$

sherineo

Don Juan
Reaction score
1. you are too materialistic
2. it doesn't sound like as if you own those things but those things own you
3. in whatever sitiuation / or mindset you are in if you can't find yourself cool; believe nobody will ever find you cool and vice versa.
4. if you have nothing to do...try working on your inner game.