So I actually made myself approach a girl who was exactly my taste tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But how do you do it that way and still making it a 1 on 1?

I don't want a friends group date. I want to see her 1 on 1

Give me an example of a quality 1st date idea and how to ask for it
"Hey, are you free Friday night? I was thinking we could hit up XYZ" That's if you're doing the bar thing, which isn't my cup of tea.

Action dates are much better for developing relationships. Museum, mini golf, street festivals or carnivals (they will start happening in Spring), wine tasting, breweries, bowling, antiquing, hiking, bike riding, escape rooms, are just a few things off the top of my head.

Also concerts, special movie events (like a special art house showing), nature center, glass blowing place, historical towns, zoo, disc golf, beach/lake, fishing, farmers' market, historical sites, bridges, art galleries, art class, minor league sporting event, botanical garden, beach for sunrise or sunset, cool vintage diner, park or nature center to take pictures, regional play, scenic train ride/boat ride

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I sense that there is something larger going on here. We are dispensing the full catalog of knowledge to our Dave, all within his threads, and I'd bet my last dollar that most of us are interested in seeing whether he will use it and turn himself around, or whether he will ignore it and crash.

It's not so much of a savior complex as it is an experiment to see what our man here will do with this invaluable cache of knowledge. His threads are actually turning into a textbook of good advice for handling women and dating.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
His threads are actually turning into a textbook of good advice for handling women and dating.
Well, there you go. They're not all a waste after all, are they?
Maybe someday they'll be in the DJ Bible lol.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, there you go. They're not all a waste after all, are they?
Maybe someday they'll be in the DJ Bible lol.
Not sure what you’re communicating here, but my point is that a lot of old principles are being re-articulated in these threads and it’s interesting to see the fresh take in one place.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
I sense that there is something larger going on here. We are dispensing the full catalog of knowledge to our Dave, all within his threads, and I'd bet my last dollar that most of us are interested in seeing whether he will use it and turn himself around, or whether he will ignore it and crash.

It's not so much of a savior complex as it is an experiment to see what our man here will do with this invaluable cache of knowledge. His threads are actually turning into a textbook of good advice for handling women and dating.
Really good info in this thread

I'm grateful all you guys are willing to help me out. The only thing i will say is you guys are making it seem that its way easier for me to find dateable women that it actually is. I live in suburbs and i don't see attractive, fit women my age outside of maybe gym and bars. You guys think i can approach 20 women a week who are my type and that's not realistic at all

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure what you’re communicating here, but my point is that a lot of old principles are being re-articulated in these threads and it’s interesting to see the fresh take in one place.
I was agreeing. Couldn't resist the editorial comment though.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Really good info in this thread

I'm grateful all you guys are willing to help me out. The only thing i will say is you guys are making it seem that its way easier for me to find dateable women that it actually is. I live in suburbs and i don't see attractive, fit women my age outside of maybe gym and bars. You guys think i can approach 20 women a week who are my type and that's not realistic at all
Can you? Yes. Will you? Right now? No. But, in time, you will. I can certainly see that.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Can you? Yes. Will you? Right now? No. But, in time, you will. I can certainly see that.
Dude i don't see dateable women outside of gyms and bars

And even most women at bars are not dateable. I like a quality natural classy looking intelligent 7/10... i live in suburbs. I'm not finding 20 of those per week

Not to mention i really need to start approaching at gyms...which is incredibly daunting

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Dude i don't see dateable women outside of gyms and bars

And even most women at bars are not dateable. I like a quality natural classy looking intelligent 7/10... i live in suburbs. I'm not finding 20 of those per week

Not to mention i really need to start approaching at gyms...which is incredibly daunting
Move to the city dude. You're too young living in the burbs anyway. There's an old saying. Why did Willie Sutton rob the bank. Because that is where the money is. Go to where the ladies are. I do not know Chicago, but I believe you know where the ladies are at. Go there.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Move to the city dude. You're too young living in the burbs anyway. There's an old saying. Why did Willie Sutton rob the bank. Because that is where the money is. Go to where the ladies are. I do not know Chicago, but I believe you know where the ladies are at. Go there.
Easier said than done. I'm deeply entrenched here - my house, job, friends and parents are all within 10 to 30 minutes from me

I know nobody in the city

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Why is that?
why is what?

I started selling cars right after college, was very good at it so I just built my life here

my main best friends decided to stick in suburbs also so that made it hard to leave here.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
why is what?

I started selling cars right after college, was very good at it so I just built my life here

my main best friends decided to stick in suburbs also so that made it hard to leave here.
They have these new things called... Umm... AUTOMOBILES. You get in them, and believe it or not, they start and drive you to your destination. Ever hear of them? I know it's a new invention, so you may not have seen one yet. They're pretty cool. ;'p

RickTheToad

Reaction score
why is what?

Do they get laid, or are they doing the five finger shuffle?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why is what?

You can sell cars somewhere else though. Why do you have to sell cars there?

Your main best friends would be happy for you (if they are real friends) if you found someone rather than stay there alone.

Maybe you should listen to the advice of people here and move somewhere else.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can sell cars somewhere else though. Why do you have to sell cars there?

Your main best friends would be happy for you (if they are real friends) if you found someone rather than stay there alone.

Maybe you should listen to the advice of people here and move somewhere else.
Im not a city guy , but i am the only one that doubt tje fact that there is no hot women around were Dave live.

He see them at the gym and at the bar, so they live around were he live.

Excuse imo

Status
Not open for further replies.