Shot down 6 - 7 times tonight

ngdonjuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Went to a club in the US city I'm living in. Plenty of good looking women, dressed slutty and you'd think they'd be easy. I dressed well, tailored shirt and all... And I've put on 10 lbs of muscle in the past month. And did the jerk with courage move and went up to the hottest 6 - 7 women in the place and even approached the hottest one in the whole club a second time being more aggressive and asked her friend to convince her. Very suave and confident. Got rejected by every single attempt. And these were just attempts to get these girls to dance, not even trying to take them home. Very frustrating and killed my self confidence. What's going on here?

I've had more luck before but in general I haven't been so lucky. Although I tend to do much better overseas.

My friends get more action in a week then I've gotten in my lifetime, I don't get it...

Need some advice here. Like to hear from the board.

Last edited:

ngdonjuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
What do I look like? I guess I personally could rate my appearance as 6 / 10 (but I've been told by 2 or 3 people in the past few months that I look like... from this TV show or movie and one of the girls I go to school ranked me 4 out of a dozen guys, so maybe I'm just being hard on myself), age late 20's (I personally think I look like I'm in my 30's but others sometimes say I look younger then my age). I'm 5'9" a bit on the lean side but put on about 10 lbs of muscle in the past month at about 160 lbs now.

I won't give away my city for fear of loosing my anonymity here, but's its one of the 5 largest cities in the Northeastern US and went to a club that's one of the wilder ones in town. They have stripper poles and such (just for guests to full around on), had a great DJ tonight. But this city only gets so wild and closes everything at 2 am. Packed house, lots of attractive women, etc... But like I said, none wanted anything to do with me tonight.

My approach tonight was touch a girl on the shoulder and ask "dance?". I'd get a no shake from them or they'd walk a little bit away. Even when I tried to be uplifting and cute by nodding my head when they shook theirs or trying to convince their friend to convince them, it just didn't work. Other nights I've gone out with my player friends and literally start grinding up on girls from behind without saying a word and I had better luck. Or I'd go up to one on the sidelines talk a little, walk away come back grind up walk away come back grind some more and things warm up, but tonight nothing. Nothing... Self confidence at an all time low. I've also never taken a relationship passed 2 months, and to be honest I could care less right now, just want to get myself into a position of taking nothing home to 1+ / week for now.

All my friends are settling down and getting too lame for clubbing (it's tough getting a wing man out, but I'm still managing for now), I need to find younger friends, or those that like to play more.

I just really crashed and burned tonight.

ngdonjuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
And to clarify my target is young 18 - 25, hot and immature. None of this I've had fun in the past and now am looking to settle for serious drama, etc... That's not what I want. I want fun not the disaster of a girl that is the result of already having her fun with other guys if that makes any sense.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best looking girls are always gonna go for the best looking guys - especially in places like clubs. If they're looking to **** - which by all measures they probably are - they're gonna go for the top tier. Hot slutty girls have high standards when it comes to looks. If you're a 6 as you say... Well, good luck. No grooming and tidying is gonna make a difference for a girl who is genuinely shallow, cares deeply about looks, and knows who she is capable of getting.

You might also want to conversate a little bit more, and get yourself acquainted with them. This goes for any approach anywhere - regardless of your intentions. You don't just walk to a bunch of random women on the street and say "date?" You talk and flirt, make them laugh a little. Talking does not mean being serious. You can be casual, light-hearted, funny, ****y, seductive, etc - then escalate from there.

Your story and approach reminds me of Stifler from American Pie. Ha ha.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Congratulations. Rejection is the key to sexual prosperity.

If you're working out that hard and you are that brave, you're on the right path. Though I'm not sure if it's really possible to put on 10 lb of muscle in one month. Though a metabolic scale can show such variance in one day as you absorb water or become dehydrated.

ngdonjuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
floydb25 said:
The best looking girls are always gonna go for the best looking guys - especially in places like clubs. If they're looking to **** - which by all measures they probably are - they're gonna go for the top tier. Hot slutty girls have high standards when it comes to looks. If you're a 6 as you say... Well, good luck. No grooming and tidying is gonna make a difference for a girl who is genuinely shallow, cares deeply about looks, and knows who she is capable of getting.

You might also want to conversate a little bit more, and get yourself acquainted with them. This goes for any approach anywhere - regardless of your intentions. You don't just walk to a bunch of random women on the street and say "date?" You talk and flirt, make them laugh a little. Talking does not mean being serious. You can be casual, light-hearted, funny, ****y, seductive, etc - then escalate from there.

Your story and approach reminds me of Stifler from American Pie. Ha ha.
You're telling me to lower my standards that these girls are off limits? That I'm cursed by not being born as good looking at them? I'm not sure I buy that argument. I still believe there is a way. I mean I've grinded up with top tier women before and on occasion they start making out with me then and there but it's either all or nothing (maybe they were just very drunk I don't know). Either the first girl I approach is gonna be into it or I'm getting rejected all night (last two times it was the ladder). I just don't have any interest in chasing girls I don't find attractive if that's what you're suggesting.

I also have a friend that's only moderately better looking then I am and a few years older but he easily lands 2+ a week. These girls can be anywhere between a 6 and a 9.5 in my opinion. And certainly my luck was better when I went out with him. Trust me when he's back in town, I'll make sure to have him wing me.

But I'm mostly fed up now because I just got through a terrible situation. I reconnected with what I believe was the hottest girl from my college (solid 8.5 - 9) and she started sleeping over a lot and knew I was into her as more then a friend but as good as that sounds, I never managed to seduce her and she wouldn't let me touch her. I guess it's your typical friend zone disaster. Painful cause this girl dressed to kill, told me about her past sex life and was single yet any attraction that was there in the begging (she said I was her type in the beginning but then solidly changed her mind) quickly died in the friend zone. We never ended up hooking up. I broke off the whole friendship or situationship, whatever you want to call it. My friends said I should of forced myself on her, because of the type of girl she is... Didn't manage to pull that off. She also criticized me for not being buff, so yeah girls are shallow, but at least that's something I can and am working on (and no not just for her, this is for myself).

But as for talking to girls, I can carry a conversation for hours, I can talk about my ambitions and work and travels and such. And they usually act genuinely interested. So yeah I can carry a conversation with attractive women no problem. But that always leads to dreaded FRIENDSHIP. Girls don't like to hookup with guys that are nice and talk to them, they would never date a friend. Frankly I have more friends then I know what to do with on just about every continent of the planet, that's not what I'm looking for now. Besides in a club it's too loud to talk and often I can't even understand their names when they say it.

ngdonjuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
Congratulations. Rejection is the key to sexual prosperity.

If you're working out that hard and you are that brave, you're on the right path. Though I'm not sure if it's really possible to put on 10 lb of muscle in one month. Though a metabolic scale can show such variance in one day as you absorb water or become dehydrated.
Yeah I have a scale that reads body fat percentage and such but didn't check the fancy features. I just know I was in the high 140's at the end of last year and am now pushing 160. Biggest I've ever been. Some of that is fat I know but I think it's mostly muscle and one of my buddies said my arms looked like I had been working out. I'm loosely following BfL and trying to drink a few protein shakes a day. Seems to be working a little bit. But I defiantly want to keep making major improvements from here. I need to turn some attention to my abs now (made them a low priority because they have traditionally been naturally in good shape) as I do have a little fat there now to take care of.

As for being brave yes I am finally mostly over that hurdle even after being rejected over and over I kept trying last night. Maybe I wasn't assertive enough maybe I wasn't giving a good vibe. Maybe they could smell I was down from the past rejections... Idk, I really hope the looks thing isn't a game killer with all hot women. And to be honest last night it's not like I saw these hotties with incredible looking guys, they were just chilling with their other girl friends for the most part (and no I don't think this was a lesbo night - if I found out it were maybe that would make me feel much better).

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ngdonjuan said:
You're telling me to lower my standards that these girls are off limits? That I'm cursed by not being born as good looking at them? I'm not sure I buy that argument. I still believe there is a way. I mean I've grinded up with top tier women before and on occasion they start making out with me then and there but it's either all or nothing (maybe they were just very drunk I don't know). Either the first girl I approach is gonna be into it or I'm getting rejected all night (last two times it was the ladder). I just don't have any interest in chasing girls I don't find attractive if that's what you're suggesting.
I wouldn't say that you're cursed to a life of less attractive women. But if your approach truly was to just walk up to girls and ask them to dance, then that's an approach tactic that would mainly work for very attractive men. Because you're not building a rapport with them and you're not showing charisma. That type of approach is basically, "I'm good looking. You're good looking. Let's do this."

Depending on the night, I'm one of the more attractive guys in a bar or club, and even I would rather build some kind of rapport with a girl than just walk up to her and say, "Dance?" Maybe you start a conversation about how lame the music is. Maybe you make a joke about how you came out for Barbara Streisand night. Ask about her shoes. Her shirt. Anything that might make them laugh or talk.

If you're admittedly a 6 on the looks scale, then you can't use approach tactics reserved for 8's and 9's. This is where charm and humor and game comes into play. And this doesn't mean that you'll NEVER get a girl based on your looks...I'm sure women will find you attractive. But you need develop multiple styles of game.

ngdonjuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
I wouldn't say that you're cursed to a life of less attractive women. But if your approach truly was to just walk up to girls and ask them to dance, then that's an approach tactic that would mainly work for very attractive men. Because you're not building a rapport with them and you're not showing charisma. That type of approach is basically, "I'm good looking. You're good looking. Let's do this."

Depending on the night, I'm one of the more attractive guys in a bar or club, and even I would rather build some kind of rapport with a girl than just walk up to her and say, "Dance?" Maybe you start a conversation about how lame the music is. Maybe you make a joke about how you came out for Barbara Streisand night. Ask about her shoes. Her shirt. Anything that might make them laugh or talk.

If you're admittedly a 6 on the looks scale, then you can't use approach tactics reserved for 8's and 9's. This is where charm and humor and game comes into play. And this doesn't mean that you'll NEVER get a girl based on your looks...I'm sure women will find you attractive. But you need develop multiple styles of game.
Yeah, I mean I gave myself a 6 but I'm not sure how others rate me, maybe I'm being hard on myself. I've been told by two different girls in the past few months that I look like the guy on this TV show or this guy from this movie... And I was rated in the top 30% of guys in school (grad school) by one of my female classmates. And the first time I was at a club with the attractive "friend" from college that I talked about before, she said "go dance with some girls, these girls are all easy and any would dance with you". Stupidly I didn't try that night and focused my attention on keeping my "friend" company, yet she was in a bad mood and wouldn't dance herself that night (although she gets crazier then any girl when she's in a good mood).

As for taking the charming approach, that's what I think my foreign friend wins with. But it's tough when the musics loud. And he often doesn't even talk, he just grabs girls dances with them and is often mouth to mouth within the first minute. Talk comes later. But I think the charming thing can work, not in the club but outside it afterwards and you have to be with a group of friends (preferably co-ed) or else they view you as a creep. But then you miss out on dancing with them and I actually enjoy dancing with girls a lot, it's not just a path to bring them home to me.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know the popular wisdom here is to keep talking keep taking and yes you do need to get used to dealing with rejection but m ost guys starting out are just plan unrealistic in what they are chasing.

if you have never "gotten any action" even if you got a true HB8 you would not know what to dow tih her so why are you trying?

after my little 3 year exdous from women when i first got back in the game and started approaching women, my first.. i would say 10 or so dates,l werent' with women i even really wanted to F. i mean they weren't just hi jack ugly or anything but they weren't 8's and 9's, closer to 5's and 6's. but you have to get your confidence back. you have to build it up. it's very unrealistic to go from zero to a plate full o f hb 8's in a month that's not how it works.

then after a month or so i would feel more at ease around the 7's and 8's and within a few months i had some serious firepower under me, but that takes time.

even the guy that wrote "the game" when he started off the girls he was macking at the beginning of hte book weren't close to the same league as the girls he was macking at the end of the book and he could barely handle the ones at the begining of the boook yet guys hereink they can just start out with all these super hot women,l stop taking short cuts and work your way up the chain

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, obviously if you hit on the top 6-7 women in the club you're not going to be as successful as if you lowered your sites a little. They have more and better options than the other girls.

Nobody's saying you can't get the top girls, but maybe you need more practice before you get to that level. Also, you have to expect a lower percentage success rate, and not let it affect you. Don't be outcome dependent, in other words. Easier said than done, I know.

Some people suggest going after fatties to get your confidence up. I would not suggest this, but you could try aiming a little lower instead of starting right at the top. Or you could keep trying for the top girls until you get more practice in, just expect more rejections along the way. Or mix it up a bit.

And what Iceberg said.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Well, obviously if you hit on the top 6-7 women in the club you're not going to be as successful as if you lowered your sites a little. They have more and better options than the other girls.

Nobody's saying you can't get the top girls, but maybe you need more practice before you get to that level. Also, you have to expect a lower percentage success rate, and not let it affect you. Don't be outcome dependent, in other words. Easier said than done, I know.

Some people suggest going after fatties to get your confidence up. I would not suggest this, but you could try aiming a little lower instead of starting right at the top. Or you could keep trying for the top girls until you get more practice in, just expect more rejections along the way. Or mix it up a bit.

And what Iceberg said.
i wouldn't say fatties but, lower the scale a little. there is nothign wrong with this at all. you aren't marrying them for crying out loud.

when i was 21, my first date in 3 years was with a chubby girl that i met with a very pretty face. half indian actually. very sweet, but a tad bit bigger. that was in may. we went out a few times. she wanted me to make a move but i didn't.

by august i had literally strippers putting their tounges down my throat at piano bars. i had one girl that looked at back in may when i went out at a club and was too scared to talk to, basically just invite herself to my house one night in august. she had seen me out a few times and saw me with different girls and by then i had a pretty good understanding of game and i went straight for the throat and got it. you have to build UP. nothing is better or valuable than field practice.. plus doing something, anything, establishing a real life thhat yoiu go places and do things with people that stuff matters. even if it's notyour 100% desiured woman it's better than doing nothing. much better.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go into a gym after never having picked up a weight before in your life and manage to bench press 250 pounds.

Enter into New York Marathon when you have never previously run over 5 km, and do it in under 3 hours.

Crazy right?

Good balls for having a crack, but be realistic - going up to the 6 hottest women in the club and asking to dance after no conversation would only work if you were Brad Pitt.

Whereas if you had gone up to some cute (i.e. HB 6.5 - 8) girls in the club, had a bit of conversation and then taken (not asked) her to dance, who knows what may have happened..?

Everyone has peaks and troughs, but you should focus on continual improvement.

Building momentum is the key - bang a few cute girls, and it will be amazing what that will do for your confidence and you can improve from there.

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
rejection is the only way to success. to me a failure is not apppmaaggmg. rather than being shot down.
last night I got rejected loads of times, mostly by average looking girls. then I got talking to one French girl. hotter than any of the girls I'd been talking to and went home with her.
numbers game really.

thirdtimescharm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the tactics I read somewhere was to talk to the less attractive girls...and once you have achieved some level of social proof with them, the other girls around will notice and you will become more attractive to them too.

I've sort of stumbled on to this working like a charm by accident on many occasions.

Young Stallion

Don Juan
Reaction score
ngdonjuan: To each there own, but I think you are going about the dating world in completely the wrong way.

I found some familiarity between your percieved appearance and mine, we both work out alot (I am 5'7 and weigh 150 lbs with 8% body fat). Very similar to you, plus I am also a 6-7 in the face department although with my working out, very good fashion sense and the fact I tan and look my best I would say overall probably a 7-8. On top of this you say you are suave and charming as well....I am also suave and charming....I like you I am also in my late 20's..........Now I am going to drop the bomb on this conversation:

I would never and have never tried to pick up women at a club, but I have GREAT success with women I meet in my day to day life.

Like it or not, what everyone here has said is true, superficial women you see at clubs are interested in only hot guys looking at them and hitting on them to boost there ego and in fact when an average looking guy approches them they see it as an insult in a club. Which is why you were rejected so much, just like I WOULD BE.

It seems you and I like a very different breed of girl.

I find great success with women who are:
Giving, Kind, Sweet, Slightly Shye Pretty girl next door look and persona.

I have found a great deal of attraction towards these women and find they offer something most barstars could never dream of offering.

Now you will never find women like this in clubs...or you might but it happens as often as finding a deer in your urban city backyard.

You find girls like this in:
Classes, Libraries, Volunteer Activities, Work.

Eventually when you look for these types enough you will know exactly when you find these sweet deals....and I have dated many 7's-9's who fit the sweet personality persona and they have been very attracted to me as I have to them.

You need to build rapport, you need to show charisma shine through and these are very difficult to do in a club setting which is basically a meat market.

Here is what I look like:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74892745@N05/

See no different from you, so why am I never rejected 9-10 times a night? Why do I have so much success? I hope I answered it above. I also do hope you get something out of it.

PS. I do though however think you and I have very different tastes in girls so my post could be relavant to you or you could think its hogwash.

-YS

ngdonjuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Young Stallion,

yeah thanks for the reply. Yeah, we're probably not too far apart in the looks department and such.

With regard to my type, my tastes have changed to favor Asian girls (or even better part Asian part White) but also find Middle Eastern (too difficult though), or Latin American girls attractive as well. For some reason I'm no longer attracted to American women (they seem to be less cultured although not all, less ambitious, tend to let themselves go, put on weight too easily and start looking old faster...). I'm also late 20's and can friend women of any age, but am only really attracted to the 18-25 range now. That's part physical but I feel girls over 25 are always talking about their past relationships and how they're looking to settle down be less adventurous, etc... too old for xyz... Like I missed out on the good part and they're someone else's leftover, major turn off. My point is I find girls that go clubbing are the ones full of energy and are looking to have fun not becoming boring and let themselves go.

And on a good night I've come close - a few months ago for example. I found a Thai girl maybe a 7.5 - 8 (and I've never rated any girl more than 9.5 even celebs) at the club, said hi talked to her a little, tried dancing with her (didn't ask just started being touchy), she wasn't so into it, so I walked away hung out with my friends. Came back a little later saw her again then really started dancing with her and she was into it at that point. Then she said she was going to the bar to get a drink, but I gently took her hand to go with her (even though I was unsure if she wanted me to), but she seemed to be receptive. I bought her a drink and we started making out - she initiated it. Then bought her a rose as the they walk around selling them and took note of us I guess (kinda cheesy but I was a bit tipsy and it was kind of automatic). But through all this her friend was in a bad mood and we were still hand in hand heading to the coat check as if we could have left together, her friend yanked her away and I didn't bother to follow as I didn't want to deal with the drama... Without the **** blocking I think I'd have a decent chance. oh well. Ironically I may have lost another opportunity about a week ago, was at a really classy bar (more mature place) and managed to infiltrate a pack of 3 girls (1 chinese-american, 2 Thai) and naturally started conversing with the c-a one, but the Thai one (which was actually the hottest of the group maybe an 8) asked where I lived and if I could give her a ride home. I hesitated a few seconds to think logistics (since I was driving 3 of my friends - who later said they would have gladly taken a cab for me given the situation) and by the time you could count to 1 and half seconds she rescinded and said "I think I'll just get a cab with my friends". I was driving a Mercedes that night and everything (which she didn't know), but I probably could have set the mood and had a 50/50 shot... But I didn't peruse her too much because I viewed the c-a girl as possible dating material (if I took her friend home for a ons, I'd loose that opportunity). The c-a agreed to lunch but I'm still waiting to hear back from her on the logistics, wish me luck guys.

But that story aside, I think I'd agree that clubs isn't the best place to meet women (classy bars more so but the women tend to be older then me, again turn off). But I disagree that these are a different type of women. I think the girls you meet in the library and such also like to go clubbing, it's just better to meet them in say another situation where a guy like me with strengths in the brains, career, culture & travel and humor departments can shine a little better.

So let's not necessarily associate the types of women with the types of places for a second and maybe focus on the types of men and which places they can shine the best at.

1. Guys that are 8-9 in the looks department or are driving a $100k+ car and wearing a top notch Rolex may do best at a club.
2. Guys that are funny, established, good career - maybe a classy bar.
3. Guys that are very charming and the most clever at conversation, maybe a library, coffee shop, etc...

Somebody should look into this a bit more and put it in one of the books or something. Not sure if that's covered in the game. But I'm suggesting maybe guys should go to the places where they can best exhibit their strengths. I mean Seal would have never landed Heidi Klum on his looks at a club, but put him in a setting where he can perform his music... You get my point.

I'm in grad school now, which I thought would be a great opportunity but find there are very few women that are single here and attractive and while there are a couple I've already ended up in the friend zone with them. The undergrads are a different story, but I think you have to be careful how you approach them when you're not the same age (some of my friends pull it off without a problem though).

On another note, my friends seem to be very good with women. Most have slept with dozens and one is mostly likely in the 100's by now (based more on his charm then looks). One of my closest friends has had a long list of girlfriends say 5 - 6 relationships several of which lasted for a few years but he said he doesn't have the guts to approach women he lets them come to him (and do they ever he's been with several model types). He say's I'm great at approaching them and talking and wishes he could be (yet he's succeeding and I'm not, I really don't get it).

sighsigh

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol. If there's a situation where you would be most likely to be rejected, it would be hitting on a hot girl surrounded by her friends at a club. If you're not James Bond, then don't approach like him.

J Roc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You only approached 7 women? lol

I went to a club on Saturday and approached 33 women. I got rejected 20 times but left the club with 13 numbers.

I love rejection. I got rejected 20 times and you only got rejected 7. I WIN!!!