She's a "Mananizer"

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure by now most of you have heard the new Britney Spears song "Womanizer".

"Womanizer, womanizer, you're a womanizer..."

This song got me thinking about thread I made awhile back about words women use to shame men- The Shaming Thread. I then realized that we had missed one.

I'm thinking, "Womanizer, womanizer....is there an equivalent term for a female?

What is a womanizer?

A womanizer is essentially a man who has sex with women but won't commit. It is (in my eyes anyway) a derogatory SHAMING word used to label a man who "goes through" women.

So why is there no common, RECOGNIZED word for a woman who teases men with the prospect of her sexuality to gain attention and affection? Is this not the female equivalent of a "womanizer"?

Actually, there IS a term for this type of a woman. They are called "Attention Wh0res".

The funny thing is, this is not even a "real" term. It isn't in the dictionary. It doesn't even have a wikipedia page! I don't know exactly where that term originated, but I would be willing to bet that it arose from a community like Sosuave or the seduction community where we have set out to study the scene and level the playing field.

Anyway, just another observation of how our society doesn't even acknowledge sexually deceptive behavior on the part of women, but readily assigns a label to a man who does the male equivalent.

darkstarrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dancing with the Devil by the pale moonlight.
STR8UP said:
just another observation of how our society doesn't even acknowledge sexually deceptive behavior on the part of women, but readily assigns a label to a man who does the male equivalent.
Nicely put. Lately I know it seems like all I do is b1tch and moan about my problems and how unfair I have been treated. I've learned in the process that I can take steps to take control of my life and be more of a creator of my own destiny.

Part of that learning process, however, has been coming to the realization that our society and culture have very serious problems. However they get that way, there are more and more females out there having sex and doing drugs starting from a very early age, and growing up to be blood svcking emotional leaches with sociopathic tendencies.

Eventually I am going to meet a more normal female whose parents are still together. Who has slept with less people than the 10 digits on her hands, and who perhaps goes to church once in a while.

So sick of the bullsh1t.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I called a chick I was dating at the time "attention wh0re" when talking about her to a group of friends around my age. Only one guy knew what I meant.

I was reading a local blog on dating/relationship today and it's about the types of women men should avoid dating. Nobody mentioned the AW.

Odd.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
Anyway, just another observation of how our society doesn't even acknowledge sexually deceptive behavior on the part of women, but readily assigns a label to a man who does the male equivalent.
The reason is, as you have said many times, that most believe that "women are just like that by NATURE" and we cannot shame or condemn or shame nature, can we?

It is only valid to condemn,shame or punish behavior if that behavior originates from ,or is driven by one's CHOICE.
However , IF you are invested in the belief that 'she is only acting naturally and seeking an available advantage by whatever method' and hence she is legitimately motivated by inate needs, desire or an imperative you have no right to criticize. She is just being "a woman" ..

Juando

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
darkstarrr said:
Eventually I am going to meet a more normal female whose parents are still together. Who has slept with less people than the 10 digits on her hands, and who perhaps goes to church once in a while.

I was pursuing a woman who fit the above.
Turns out she has more issues than a newsstand, as the saying goes...

Sometimes I think SS has ruined me: One way or another I am rejecting all the women I am meeting. Today I was with one, checking out her hot bod, and thinking, No way- she's a crazy AW...

I'm ruined.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
Instead, Hollywood distorts this behavior into a romantic movie , re-labels it a "Love Story " and takes a zillion bucks from gullible women at the box office.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We've lost the war. Women have got us beat, what with their sundry sultry revealing clothes. Their endless neverending spotlight. We, as males, might as well kill ourselves, because they know they've got us beat. They know, that all they've gotta do is flash a piece of their privates, even just their skin, and we're down for the count. We can't win. Too many guys to "give over" to their beckon call. We no longer have wars, or have to Struggle to survive. Everything's served on a silver platter.

Juando

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Poonani Maker said:
We've lost the war. Women have got us beat, what with their sundry sultry revealing clothes. Their endless neverending spotlight. We, as males, might as well kill ourselves, because they know they've got us beat. They know, that all they've gotta do is flash a piece of their privates, even just their skin, and we're down for the count. We can't win. Too many guys to "give over" to their beckon call. We no longer have wars, or have to Struggle to survive. Everything's served on a silver platter.
Say it ain't so....

Please.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
I'm thinking, "Womanizer, womanizer....is there an equivalent term for a female?

What is a womanizer?

A womanizer is essentially a man who has sex with women but won't commit. It is (in my eyes anyway) a derogatory SHAMING word used to label a man who "goes through" women.

So why is there no common, RECOGNIZED word for a woman who teases men with the prospect of her sexuality to gain attention and affection? Is this not the female equivalent of a "womanizer"?

Cokktease

wikipedia(above link) said:
....The term has been in use in Great Britain and the United States since the 1800s.
If you are unaware of a term that's been around for 200 years, and/or are afraid to use it, who's fault is that?

Mojogoat

Don Juan
Reaction score
I suppose maybe "man-eater" is as reciprocal term for "womanizer", though term "man-eater" comes loaded with notions of masculine power over emasculated men, perhaps, whereas the term "womaniser" suggests that the man is being deceitful to get what he wants.

So perhaps a man-eater is an agressive term that sees women "taking the power back", and the term womaniser attempts to portray men as deceptive just for going after what he wants?

I think both these terms are biased in favour of a womans viewpoint. Shock horror!

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Str8up,
Mojogoat has the word Man Eater and the nuance of difference that makes it not quite right....I think "Femme Fatale"a better word,though French,it is commonly used, suggesting no English equivalent.

DarkShade

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lol women

The more they do this the more they are just meatholes in the eyes of the educated.

It shouldn't affect those who are truly all about themselves. I can be called a womanizer all day and I find it a complement -- why would I feel offended by the truth?

As the song goes, I like women of all shapes sizes and colors, what I like about myself is that I'm a real good lover

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought about the term "man-eater" but it didn't seem to fit. I completely forgot about c0cktease.

I suppose the term c0cktease is the equivalent, but does it carry the same negative connotation? I think not. That word (to me) is more benign and carries less stigma. In other words, being a c0cktease could even be seen as a more "virtuous" quality, since women aren't supposed to sleep around. The term womanizer, on the other hand, implies a much more deceptive and damaging action.

darkstarrr said:
Nicely put. Lately I know it seems like all I do is b1tch and moan about my problems and how unfair I have been treated. I've learned in the process that I can take steps to take control of my life and be more of a creator of my own destiny.
It's all part of the reformation process. We all get pissed at what women do from time to time. Eventually you will learn to let it go and simply take life for what it is.

This is bad trap to fall into.

I know that you want to find a decent woman, but you're buying into the whole "quality" woman myth, and it usually sets you up for a hard fall since you have an idealized image of a woman in your head and when you FIND the woman you BELIEVE fits the bill and she turns out to be more or less like every other woman on the planet, your world is going to come crashing down on you.

The trick is to not be so judgmental. I know, I know, I can hear the choir singing "That's settling, you should have STANDARDS!" but the when it comes down to it does it REALLY matter if she's fukked 3 guys or 6 guys or 15 guys before you? Who decides what number is acceptable? Is the fact that she isn't a virgin any different than her sleeping with a lot of men? You need to be more concerned about how she treats YOU than anything else.

See the slippery slope you are on?

Go out there and have fun. Don't worry too much about the outcome. Don't set your expectations too high. I have found that the less serious you take women the better your interactions with them will be.

jophil28 said:
The reason is, as you have said many times, that most believe that "women are just like that by NATURE" and we cannot shame or condemn or shame nature, can we?

It is only valid to condemn,shame or punish behavior if that behavior originates from ,or is driven by one's CHOICE.
However , IF you are invested in the belief that 'she is only acting naturally and seeking an available advantage by whatever method' and hence she is legitimately motivated by inate needs, desire or an imperative you have no right to criticize. She is just being "a woman" ..
You are still confusing my calling a spade a spade for me rationalizing.

Both men and women acknowledge that it is in a MAN'S nature to want to sleep around. If anything society DOESN'T acknowledge that it is in a woman's nature as well (albeit to a lesser extent). It has nothing to do with society rationalizing a woman's behavior, because society doesn't acknowledge it in the first place!

Society isn't giving women "permission" to act this way because it is in their nature, it is giving women permission to act this way because women have played on a man's natural tendency so play save a ho. Women are now seen as the eternal victim.

Has nothing to do with understanding that humans are naturally inclined toward semi-monogamy, because most people ONLY acknowledge a man's tendencies and NOT a woman's.

Luminescence

Don Juan
Reaction score
DarkShade said:
lol women

The more they do this the more they are just meatholes in the eyes of the educated
Haha agreed....

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:

AW is largely a symptom of HPD, so I disagree in giving women a free pass or saying that "it's in their nature". If all women are AW then they're by extension they're all HPD and I don't think that's a fair statement at all.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Danger said:
C0cktease also implies "bitterness" since you weren't "able to get the girl".

Also because of the word c0ck it is much less acceptable to say in a general sense than "womanizer" is.

Personally, I think the counter part to "womanizer" would be "gold-digger" with possibly "Attention-*****" as another acceptable counter-part. Men want the puzzy, women want the coin.
I agree that AW is a new word for "c0ck tease", but the female equivalent of a womanizer is slvt, or wh0re (see we can't even write the word on this site, but you can say womanizer), or any of its synonyms. These words have a more negative conotation, maybe as it should be, but it's the equivalent word.

"baggage, hussy, jade, slattern, tart, tramp, wanton, wench." I like tramp and hussy.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Nutz said:
AW is largely a symptom of HPD, so I disagree in giving women a free pass or saying that "it's in their nature". If all women are AW then they're by extension they're all HPD and I don't think that's a fair statement at all.
This is a good point. It's easy to fall into the trap and think broken, unhealthy and abnormal examples of women are acting "natural". Natural for them may not be the model of behavior the healthiest specimen that nature aims for would have. Whether due to inherented traits (even intelligent animals of the same species have different behavior depending on breed) or nurture/enviroment (humans are very responsive/adaptive to their enviroment, and not that instinctive) a majority of people could be acting in less than naturally-ideal ways a times.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
of course you are fogetting, that in the eyes of mother nature

womanizer = good
tramp = bad

which explains the connotations.

Chicks that call you a womanizer are just jeoulous becasue either you aren't womanizing THEM, or you are FINISHED womanizing them. If you allow your emotional strings to be pulled by their female jedi mind powers, woe is you.

You need to install the ANTI-AW DEFENSE translater shield

it hears "you are a womanizer blah blah blah"
but what YOU hear is "please give ONLY ME some luvinn"

So the more you hear "womanizer", the more social proof you got. Cause deep down, every chick longs for an experienced and popular steely dan.