she only wants to be friends

Gee

Don Juan
Reaction score
so after taking a girl out she decides we should just be friends. I dont know how i got into the friendzone. i acted mysterious, made her pay for her own stuff, didnt give her compliments, went on an action date, used some kino etc.

is it worth being her friend. she said she wanted to be friends in a text. should i bother texting back.

If so, what should i put in the text. just something like 'ok, friends it is then'

or should i text her back saying i have enough friends. or just ignore her?

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
call her and say i dont want you as a friend...and the relationship ends right there, no hanging out with her all year hoping she'll become attractive to you..NEXT

Gee

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont really want to call her up. i just want to send a a text. i dont want to be rude like that becuase my friends know her and her friends, i know OF her friends, some of my friends are going out with some of her friends.

so i dont want to be rude to her.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gee
If so, what should i put in the text. just something like 'ok, friends it is then
Yeah, that sounds good to me. It will make it easier for you to see her in future and shows you are cool about it. Just treat her as an acquaintance from now on.

If you get uptight over it you'll look petty so unless you have a good reason to be rude, it's probably best not to. But don't give her any more thought and go find a new lady.

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So be her friend. Women make great friends, if you can ward off oneitis.

Freeman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gee
so after taking a girl out she decides we should just be friends. I dont know how i got into the friendzone. i acted mysterious, made her pay for her own stuff, didnt give her compliments, went on an action date, used some kino etc.

is it worth being her friend. she said she wanted to be friends in a text. should i bother texting back.

If so, what should i put in the text. just something like 'ok, friends it is then'

or should i text her back saying i have enough friends. or just ignore her?

First off, if I were you I would not except that method of turn-down she used... If she couldn't tell you this in person at least tell you over the phone...A TEXT MESSAGE? what a b*tch..She women like that I have no respect for and neither should you..A real woman would of had the courage of telling you this in person....f*ck her!

Hellboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: she only wants to be friends

I dont know how i got into the friendzone. i acted mysterious, made her pay for her own stuff, didnt give her compliments, went on an action date, used some kino
There's waaay too much emphasis on technique here.

How exactly did you 'act mysterious'? I'd say you're better off acting naturally. If you try too hard to 'act' a certain way she'll see right through it and you'll come off as false.

How and why did you 'make' her pay her own stuff? By all means don't pay for everything but don't be counting those pennies. Careful or she'll think you're a tight arse.

Didn't give her compliments? Nothing wrong with subtle appreciation of her appearence. It can even be completly non-verbal. I personally think no compliments is almost as bad as too many. Unless she's a 9-10 :)

Used some kino, well can't argue with that - so long as it flowed natually with the rest of the encounter.

Seriously, it's all in the mindset. Get that right then you really can 'be yourself'. So long as you know how to avoid being a total chump I'd forget the rest of the rules.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: she only wants to be friends

Originally posted by Hellboy
There's waaay too much emphasis on technique here.

How exactly did you 'act mysterious'? I'd say you're better off acting naturally. If you try too hard to 'act' a certain way she'll see right through it and you'll come off as false.
Hellboy makes a damn good point! It's much better to relax and put technique and acting aside.

Gee

Don Juan
Reaction score
i just acted mysterious by not giving much of myself away unless she asked.

i made her pay for her own stuff simply by saying 'we'll be paying seperatly'

i was the one who sent a text message ot her first, asking her out again. i didnt have enough credit for a call and was pretty nervous. and im glad i didnt ring her now. if i rang her she'd have told me that on the phone and i wouldnt have known how to reply. she just texted me back saying she just wanted ot be friends.

ive decided to be her friend. whther or not we'll actually be friends i dont know, but im glad i acted cool with it. shes already text me back saying 'friend' stuff. so im happy.

maybe i could still get with her. becuase the thing is, she liked me. she told my friends she did. but now after the date she justs wants to be friends. maybe i wasnt as good on the date as i thought i was.

Hellboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gee
i was pretty nervous. and im glad i didnt ring her now. if i rang her she'd have told me that on the phone and i wouldnt have known how to reply.
I'm guessing it was this mentality that screwed up the date. That on your date, you spent the whole time wondering if she liked you, or if you were doing things right? You just need to relax a little man. Don't place too much importance on the outcome and try to have fun with it instead. Easier said than done, I know. But think of it this way, she agreed to the date, she already liked you. So you had nothing to prove by 'acting mysterious'. She was there, ergo she liked you. Nice simple conclusion to aid you to take things to the next level. I know it doesn't help you much now but you live and learn. Date her friends :)

Gee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hellboy
I'm guessing it was this mentality that screwed up the date. That on your date, you spent the whole time wondering if she liked you, or if you were doing things right? You just need to relax a little man. Don't place too much importance on the outcome and try to have fun with it instead. Easier said than done, I know. But think of it this way, she agreed to the date, she already liked you. So you had nothing to prove by 'acting mysterious'. She was there, ergo she liked you. Nice simple conclusion to aid you to take things to the next level. I know it doesn't help you much now but you live and learn. Date her friends :)
well the thing is she did like me. so on the date i was just concentrating on making a move rather than wondering if she liked. we ended up holding hands but thats it. but you wouldnt hold hands with someone you didnt like, would you.

so i dont get why she just wants ot be friends now. ill be seing her tomorrow. maybe i should ask her

ezilonman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Coolage
does she have hot friends?
BINGO!

Good Looking women have good looking friends. Get the hook up with one, two or maybe even three of them:D and this girl will come crawling to you. But guess what, by this time you will have lost interest for her because you are being kept occupied by her hot friends. Now she will chase you.

Freeman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ezilonman
BINGO!

Good Looking women have good looking friends. Get the hook up with one, two or maybe even three of them:D and this girl will come crawling to you. But guess what, by this time you will have lost interest for her because you are being kept occupied by her hot friends. Now she will chase you.
This is not nesscarily true...sometimes hot women hang with ugly girls to boost their own self esstem..but at any rate-she probably does has some hot tamales!

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Just say to her "Yeah, whatever" then keep gaming her.

At worst, you can use her for social proof to bang other chicks, or even her friends.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had some chicks try to pull the LJBF line on me before.

Well I told them straight out what I felt..that I will not be friends with them. That I am not looking for a platonic relationship.

They were surprised, one saying that she's never had a guy who told her off like that. Ended up f*cking her.

Sh0t

Don Juan
Reaction score
i would just ignore her and begin anew

if she wants to be friendly, she can msg you and then you can reply to that, no need to respond to that message

Sh0t

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BrotherAP
So be her friend. Women make great friends, if you can ward off oneitis.
women make ****ty friends

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Derek Flint

At worst, you can use her for social proof to bang other chicks, or even her friends.
i was gonna say that and you beat me too it

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Good idea, but if she rejected you, yes, lets just be friends is a dishonest easy way to reject an AFC.... I'm guessing that if she rejected you then her hot friends will also reject you.

Why would you rather send a text than have a real conversation? You guys are very wimpy, have some balls...Telling that you dont wanna be friends isnt rude, it is honest. Why drag your feet??? All the tips on this forum do nothing, but make AFC's caricatures, don't you want to be real and not some text messeging reluctant buddy? Learn to respect yourself.