She has a boyfriend, did I do the right thing?

JLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MM92 said:
Same here, I just couldn't do it personally. Although I guess if you don't then someone else will.

I agree with MM92.

Cheating is wrong. The reason why it is wrong is because the person doing the cheating is failing to uphold his/her implicit word that he/she is only allowed to have 'relations' with one person. (I know that this is super obvious but I figured I might as well spell it out for the truly lost)

The argument that "if you don't do it, someone else will" is a really lame argument. So what? Who cares. Let them be the unprincipled jackass.

A truly good person would ignore the cheater's request to have sex with you. If she was a good friend, you could even ask the woman why she wanted to cheat in the first place and have a discussion with her so that she could see the error in her ways. NOTE: This will probably not get you laid. However, if you want to view it from a selfish perspective, it will make you look REALLY good among your peers.

I know I'm in a room full of cynics here who are hell-bent on chasing tail, but I think that in the end these people will be unhappy with their lives if they just look for the next immediate pleasure.

As long as you conduct yourself in a respectful and confident manner, it won't matter if you play the 'nice guy' that is so hated on these forums. You can be a respectful and morally upstanding person and still get laid. In fact, you will be attracting the GOOD KIND of women if you do it this way. Not the cheating, deceptive kind.

Will you get laid less often if you only get laid the 'honest' way? Probably. But who cares? Are you really that much of a slave to your manparts?

It may be true that other people don't act in a moral or proper way, but that doesn't give you permission to do it also.

OP, you did the right thing. Why bother getting involved with a girl who is/was clearly doing deceptive things?

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aww, some of you guys are so sweet. :D

I pursue different types of girls in different ways. Cheater, slvts, liars or flakey girls I will pursue for sex. I get my kicks, then I kick them to the curb with no guilt. But then there are those who show good qualities, whose company I enjoy and who seem worth keeping around. I'll date these girls and pursue them for a relationship.

Unfortunately, the latter girls are the ones who bring out my nice guy side and the girls I ultimately get nowhere with.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wildebeest said:
is it really 'selling yourself out'?

every hot girl decides when she does and doesn't have a boyfriend, continuously in time.

is some other guy going to not bang your HB9 girlfriend when you're not around? LOL

wake up

even if you know she is not relationship material based on the fact she wants to cheat, that doesn't mean you can't **** her and insulate yourself emotionally.

how many women dont cheat?

I will use YOUR own words from another post:

"We are the sum of our habits - Aristotle

if I allow myself to be negative, I will become a loser

if I set goals and be positive, I will become a winner

Habits define you, and they will define your reality."

When you invite negative people (losers) into your life you end up a loser by default. You might not see it happening at first or ever at all.

It's not a question of moral vs. immoral. It's a question of being selfish. Demanding the best out of your life and the people around you.

If you only view women as immoral then those are exactly the type of women you will attract into your life.

We all create our own realities. When you spend your time fvcking around with liars, cheaters, flakes, and slvts it becomes more and more difficult to form anything meaningful with genuinely good women. (See the post above this one for proof. When you invite negativity into your life you end up jaded and negative.)

When your experience with women and sex is limited it is really easy to do dumb things just to get laid. I've been there many times. However when you get older and more experienced you start to view these cheating b!tches as a waste of time. As Blueshift points out if you had other "high quality" options you'd probably feel the same way.

I realize that I'm not going to convince any guy who is at the mercy of his young primal instincts. I'm just trying to share some wisdom.....

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slickster: So very true. This was by far the greatest step in my self-realization process. When you associate with, and become involved with jerks and losers - you end up becoming the same way, and attract the same kind of people into your life. It took a long time for me to realize just what was going on, and how this was happening.

People are contagious. If you involve yourself with a jerk who involved themselves with other jerks - you are going to end up becoming a jerk, too. The problem is, nobody actually views themselves as a jerk. They're too busy being angry, bitter, hateful, distrusting, closed off, *****ing about other jerks.... This is what makes them jerks! This person right in front of you - who you are sympathizing with - is a jerk. You don't realize it until its too late, because they believe themselves to be victims. They don't realize that everything they're doing as a result of these jerks has turned them into jerks. They don't want to be hurt, so they hurt others. They don't want to be controlled or played, so they do it to others. They play games, treat people like crap, cause problems, ***** about everything, don't let anyone get to close, manipulate others, view them as objects... All while *****ing and playing the victim because the jerk hurt them. That's exactly what made them jerks. Now, they are the selfish, bitter, insultful, degrading, vulgar, mean ones. That's what jerks do to people. They turn them into jerks. It's a corruptive, vicious cycle, and no one even realizes that they're jerks - including the ones sympathizing with them.

When all you associate with are losers - you are also going to become a loser. It's unavoidable. It's all you know, and all you're familiar with. Every relationship you have will be based around these losers you involved yourself with. It's all normal behavior to you. And that's why you keep attracting losers upon losers into your life. All while being completely oblivious to the fact that you have become a loser. You're too busy *****ing about other losers - who in turn are *****ing about other losers. Everyone is a loser complaining about another loser - without realizing that they're all losers.

This is why a lot of so-called nice guys and girls who *****, complain, play the victim, feel entitled, and claim everyone is a loser ***** ***** **** ******* lover is a jerk themselves. They don't see it that way, and never will. This line of thinking, attitude, mindset, and behavior is exactly what makes them jerks. All that negativity and cynicism has turned them into jerks, and they don't even see it. They think they're the nice guy / girl victim, and everyone else is the jerk. Bzzzt. Wrong.

It's best not to involve yourself with losers, or those who associated with other losers. Chances are extremely high that they have been corrupted, and are losers themselves. They just don't see it that way - because they're too busy *****ing about everyone else. That's exactly what makes them losers. Before you know it - you're going to be *****ing about THEM, and also becoming a loser. That's when you start attracting hordes of losers into your life, and everything goes way downhill.

It's best to take a step back, and look at who you are associating with, and how they make you feel. I practically ditched my entire crowd (minus a few close friends) and moved far away, because everyone in my life was a loser, douche bag, *****, or *****. Just didn't see it at the time, or that I was becoming the same way, and attracting the same kind of people as a result of that. There was a lot of stress, anger, bitterness, drama... Pure chaos. No good to involve yourself around these kind of people.

Every little thing you associate with becomes a part of you. Hanging around with *******s, and how they communicate and treat others - that's going to be you. It's normal behavior based on your environment. You don't even realize as its happening. Or, again, getting hurt by a jerk, and becoming one yourself. All normal.

You are the company you keep, so choose wisely; make sure they're good people, and not ones who bring you down, cause problems, and make you miserable. That's who you're going to become. Who other people, which you are associating with, are associating with is also vitally important - because they're likely going to be just like them. A girl with a whole history of dating jerks and losers is a very bad candidate for involvement - ESPECIALLY if she's bitter over it. She might think she's a good girl victim getting caught up in losers, but the facts speak differently. She IS a loser, or has become one.

Last edited:

JLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Floyd has articulated what I was trying to say in a much more direct manner. Just read what he wrote. He is right.

I notice that a lot of people on Sosuave are cynical and jaded. DON'T BE LIKE THAT. It will bring you down and attract the wrong women (and people).

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing here is that I totally agree with the idea of keeping negative people and losers out of your life, and I also agree that you should always stay positive. However, I found that I was more negative and bitter being the moralistic nice guy and getting trodden on than I ever have being more of a player. One of my biggest regrets in life is being such a good guy and missing out on so many exciting experiences.

I can understand why you would think someone like me is selling out my principles, but it's more about adapting my morals to the modern world and to what I'm learning.

At one time I considered it immoral to have sex unless you were in a serious relationship with someone. But my eyes have been opened and I realise that the world doesn't operate in such an idealistic way. Like with most things, you have to make compromises and adapt, and that's what I've done. I'm an athiest so I don't have my moral code written in a book for me and I don't have set rules I have to obey. Just as long as I'm living according to my own standards, my conscience is clean.

I decided to stop holding myself back, to put myself first and go for what I want, and I'm a much more positive person as a result. Sometimes I get ditched by women after sex or generally get rejected and hurt, but at least I took the chance and had fun, I've had great experiences, so I'm never left with regrets.

As for these negative women - the slvts, cheaters, users and alike. I never said I want them to be part of my life. I'm smart enough now to know that women like this will drag me down and aren't worthy of me. But I've got no problem having a night or two of wild sex with them. Their personality doesn't matter much to me while I'm fvcking them, and to be honest if they're the type of girl to cheat or use guys, then I take a lot more pleasure using them and getting a little extra rough and selfish.

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
The thing here is that I totally agree with the idea of keeping negative people and losers out of your life, and I also agree that you should always stay positive. However, I found that I was more negative and bitter being the moralistic nice guy and getting trodden on than I ever have being more of a player. One of my biggest regrets in life is being such a good guy and missing out on so many exciting experiences.

I can understand why you would think someone like me is selling out my principles, but it's more about adapting my morals to the modern world and to what I'm learning.

At one time I considered it immoral to have sex unless you were in a serious relationship with someone. But my eyes have been opened and I realise that the world doesn't operate in such an idealistic way. Like with most things, you have to make compromises and adapt, and that's what I've done. I'm an athiest so I don't have my moral code written in a book for me and I don't have set rules I have to obey. Just as long as I'm living according to my own standards, my conscience is clean.

I decided to stop holding myself back, to put myself first and go for what I want, and I'm a much more positive person as a result. Sometimes I get ditched by women after sex or generally get rejected and hurt, but at least I took the chance and had fun, I've had great experiences, so I'm never left with regrets.

As for these negative women - the slvts, cheaters, users and alike. I never said I want them to be part of my life. I'm smart enough now to know that women like this will drag me down and aren't worthy of me. But I've got no problem having a night or two of wild sex with them. Their personality doesn't matter much to me while I'm fvcking them, and to be honest if they're the type of girl to cheat or use guys, then I take a lot more pleasure using them and getting a little extra rough and selfish.
Well said Jariel. Floyd does makes a good point about not getting regularly involved with bad women but if you're just looking for some short-term fun, well you treat them like you would any other vice, in moderation.

P

perseverance

floydb25 said:
Sounds like the only thing you did wrong was using morals on an immoral person. This girl didn't care if she had a boyfriend, was willing to cheat, avoided the nice guy (you), and got with someone else. There was no good that was going to come from getting involved with her. She sounds like bad news all around. A player, really. Bad girls don't dig nice guys. That's why she wasn't impressed, and regulated you to the friend-zone. But she was hot, right? :trouble:
This is exactly it, Floyd!

This girl has probably sat around at some point and thought "I should have gotten with Jariel, I missed out on such a great guy".

Too many guys think with their penis instead of their brain. It's well and good sleeping with a girl who is in a relationship, but you have to think of the consequences. You could sleep with a woman who's husband is a raging lunatic with several convinctions for grievous bodily harm. What happens if you sleep with a woman and her boyfriend is a Tamil Tiger? He might come around your house, smash your door in and hack you to pieces with a long sword. Think about it, is sex really worth the potential of unseen events of an unsavoury kind? Not really!

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's true there are always risks, but what I'm starting to learn is that the nice guy vs jerks mentality also applies to women. With a bad girl, you know what you're getting and you know if you get involved there are risks. But with so-called "nice girls" they're often deceptive, they'll suck you in with their sweet behaviour and innocent facade, then when you let your guard down they screw you over.

The only safe option is to not get involved with women at all.

But when I talk about bad girls, I'm not talking about smack addicts, former prostitutes or that kind of thing, just the type of girl who has a bit of an ego and walks over nice guys.

I do seem to get a lot of women who want to cheat on their boyfriends or even husbands with me, and it's really not fair to stereotype them all as b!tches and slvts. In fact, some of these girls, including the one I mentioned above, had been faithful for many years and had only ever slept with one guy in their lives (their boyfriend). They were just going through bad periods where they felt neglected or didn't feel like their relationship had any future, and wanted to experience being with someone else. Yes, it's wrong of them to do that behind their bf's back, but their motives weren't evil.

The one time my conscience really kicked in was when I was about to bang a married woman at her house and I saw the photos of her husband and kids around the living room. I told her not to throw that away for one night and I left.

P

perseverance

You're opening up cans of worms here Jariel.

Nobody in this world is really 'innocent', I don't believe any man or woman is 'innocent'.

I've always believed that if a woman isn't single then she isn't fair game, that's just the perspective I have been ingrained with and its stuck. If you want to sleep with taken women, who am I to tell you that you cannot do that? I just try and inform men that for every action there are consequences.

I'll tell you about my situation, there are six girls who I know are interested in me. Now that's usually a good thing isn't it Jariel? Well there's a slight problem with all girls. Four of them are work colleagues and I am a firm believer in not excrementing where I eat, one is a raging slvt who probably has every STI going and the final one is 'seeing someone'. None of these women are viable options for me as all present problems. I don't need problems in my life and when I weigh up the pros and cons, the sex and the ego boost I'd get from this scenario just isn't worth the drama that will ensue in due course.

See I am not thinking with penis, I am thinking with my brain and this will serve me well in the future and as for regrets? I have none, everything in your life happens for a reason, whether you like it or not. I'm a firm believer in fate, but I also believe we humans have a varying degree of control over our fates.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perververance: I respect that. I strongly believe that every man should live according to his own ethics and as long as you're doing that, then you're doing the right thing by yourself. If you have no regrets and you don't feel like you're missing out on opportunities, then again, there's nothing I can say against that.

Now I don't want to give the impression I'll just bang any slvt that throws herself at me. I'm definitely not that guy and I'm fortunate enough to say I've NEVER woken up next to a warpig or any woman below a 7 in looks and never regretted sex with anyone. The STI factor is the main thing that would put me off. I hate slvtty women, not just from a logical point of view, but it's a real turn off for me too.

In my rational frame of mind I'd agree with you that it's a bad idea to have sex with colleagues too as it can bring a lot of consequences, but if a hot colleague threw herself at me, I'm not sure I'd resist. I feel that sex is the one time you should allow yourself to be wreckless and just follow your instincts without thinking too much about it.

P

perseverance

You're a top fella Jariel, don't worry about that, it's just that if you play away with someone's woman, you could be sleeping with the wife of a former SAS operative, a known lunatic in the area or someone who seems like a push over, but who will snap and so something stupid as a result. Maybe I'm being too melodramatic here, but I've read stories, even in my neck of the woods of a boyfriends killing or severely beating his girl and the guy(s) after discovering their girls have been unfaithful. It's a crazy world out there, particularly in London.

You do raise an interesting point about a woman coming onto you and not being able to resist, I have never experienced a woman coming onto me, so I cannot say how I'd react to that situation, I'd imagine as a red blooded male that it would be hard to resist, but I'd try to the best of my abilities. Fortunately, I seem to attract women who wait for me to do all of the donkey work, so they don't have to.

ezio

Don Juan
Reaction score
two consenting adults, she wants to ****, you want to **** then by all means **** her!! for years i was always the nice guy and that got me nowhere with women. there was one time where i ignored a girl who came on to me because i wanted to be faithful to my gf who i thought was the perfect angel lol..i learnt the hard way but i learnt all the same. the only point i will draw the line is with a married woman all others are fair game. op if don't **** her, someone else will

Wildebeest

Don Juan
Reaction score
here are my ethics,

keep in mind, im a recovering 'nice guy', so im a bit jaded, and cynical about my experiences with women.

If I dont know her boyfriend, I am not violating any trust or social contract that I am a part of by sleeping with the girl. Its not my problem if she has a 'boyfriend'. Women will consistently switch between having a bf/or not, to their advantage anyway. They are the ones cheating on their 'boyfriends' not me.

If I am friends with her boyfriend, then that's a bit different, I wouldn't **** the girl in that situation because I am betraying a friendship.

I suppose slickster is right, I am inviting negativity into my life in some ways. But there is no honour code that is going to prevent men from sleeping from my future wife/girlfriend, it is her decision at the end of the day.

BTW i believe evolutionary psychology supports that most women will be willing to have affairs because they want the best genetic material.

yes im a twisted, cynical ****...but this is the way the game was set up.

Wildebeest

Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe im wrong, because I am too young and slightly bitter with women/life.
but if a hot girl came up to me and told me she had a bf and that she wanted to **** me, yea I would **** her