She called me cheap and "too aggressive"!

upsidedownside7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Being a gentleman and being up front and honest about making your "dates" pay their own way when you ask them out is NOT supplicating. If you honestly believe that is then you have an awful lot to learn. It's called having common courtesy, etiquette and manners.
HEY! THEY ARE NOT GOING TO AGREE WITH YOUR VALUES!

If you don't have any suggestions on how to game this then bow out and call it quits...

JMillion

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
No...I'm actually quite low maintenance. I actually tend to enjoy less expensive dates more than expensive ones...or ones that don't cost anything at all, for that matter. However...I expect to be treated like the lady I am and if a man doesn't cut the mustard in this respect he's not getting anywhere with me.

Lots of girls feel this way, which is exactly why all dates you go on early in a relationship should cost a maximum of maybe 10 dollars. When it's time to pay, don't make a big deal about it. Some girls like to feel to independent, so they'll offer to pay half or whatever. Accept it. Others won't. That's fine, too. But always go in assuming you'll pay, and choose a date in a place that correlates with you price range. In most cases, this means don't take her to f*cking dinner.

The last thing you want to do is ask her for money, without warning, when it's time to pay.

Money is not a real issue on a date, so choose less expensive venues where the focus is the actual date, and she won't care how much you're spending.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
squirrels said:
Just like women...always want to discuss everything beforehand and get it all planned out...then they complain that the romance and spontanaiety isn't there. :crazy:

Bottom line is that if this dude wanted his beer he should've took it with him when he left. This has nothing to do with money. It's bullsh!t is what it is. He's using it as an excuse to 1) see her again and 2) take something away from her.

As far as paying for a woman...the guy pays for the date. Notice those last two words..."the date". This doesn't mean that he buys drinks for her at a bar, or pays when they meet up with a bunch of friends...a DATE date, one-on-one premeditated, the guy pays.

At this point, you've already GOT the girl. It's not paying for a girl that's AFC...it's when you're trying to BUY HER FAVOR by paying for her. Women can tell the difference.

Two exceptions:

-When the amount of money is enough that payment NEEDS to be discussed in advance. For example, if you're going away for a weekend and need to split hotel costs.

-When you know she doesn't respect you as anything more than a free meal/drink/etc...balls to that. And you should be able to recognize that kind of disinterest in a woman if you're going to play the game with them.

Thank you...someone who actually understands what a damn date is and how a gentleman behaves. Unfortunately, some of the guys on here are under the impression that you have to be a complete and total pr*ck to avoid being taken advantage of. They seem so afraid of failing that they behave in a way that is only going to allow them to hold on to the trashiest women out there...who will ultimately cheat on them or hurt them anyhow. It's a messed up self-fulfilling prophecy.

JMillion

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Being a gentleman and being up front and honest about making your "dates" pay their own way when you ask them out is NOT supplicating. If you honestly believe that is then you have an awful lot to learn. It's called having common courtesy, etiquette and manners.
I agree, if money is even an issue. The best option is choosing a date that is well within your price range.

But in some cases, you're right. For instance, last summer, I took a girl to an amusement park for a second date. Tickets cost $30. When we made the plans, I mentioned in some subtle yet obvious way that I expected her to pay.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Espi said:
(deep breath)...99 times out of 100, a HB doesn't date a guy she has to take care of financially...c'mon, WF...you refuse to go out with a guy who expects you to pay! OMG!...A self-proclaimed shallow woman is recommending I say I'm on low on cash...????????????

I'm not interested in dating fatties and UG's...fact is, HB's usually get what they want...you need to log onto any dating site and review HB profiles...they almost ALWAYS list higher income requirements than the UG's and fatties.

No, I don't refuse to go out with a guy who expects me to pay and I've repeatedly said that. You are NOT reading my posts. I said if I like the guy and he asks me if I can pay my own way when he asks me out or after I accept his invitation...if I can afford it I don't mind paying my way at all. What I DID say is that if I got to dinner and THEN, when we are already out he asks for separate checks I WILL leave his arse sitting there by himself and not ever see him again. Why? Because he didn't have the balls or consideration for me to tell me ahead of time that he wanted me to go dutch. That is why I would leave and would immediately next him...for NOT being up front with me.

In one post you are saying that you aren't going to pay. In the next post you admit that girls assume you are going to pay or they won't go out with you. If they wouldn't have gone out with you if you asked them to go dutch they sure as hell aren't every going to go out with you again after they get to dinner and you don't pay for the date.

JMillion

Don Juan
Reaction score
Broham said:
Here's a little convo I just had over myspace with this girl who stopped returning my phone calls after two dates/f*ck sessions. The first date I bought a round of drinks, she bought the second and then we went back to her place to bang. The second date we went to a restaurant, split the tab and did the same as the last time. I tried calling her twice over the last week and got no response. I then emailed her on myspace:

Problem 1 Meeting a girl on MySpace.
Problem 2 Taking said girl to a restaurant on the second date, when you have intentions of a committed relationship.
Problem 3 Leaving beer at her house

Yeah, that situation sucks, and the girl sounds like she sucks at life, but you tripped right into it. Live and learn.

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
Neither would I. I'd ask to eat her out :crackup:

....sorry, I had to :D
Yummy!

:p

ksoileau

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol

Wyldfire said:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"common courtesy, etiquette and manners" = society's expectation that men supplicate to women, relabeled as something that sounds noble and good.
Try again, Wyldfire.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
ksoileau said:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"common courtesy, etiquette and manners" = society's expectation that men supplicate to women, relabeled as something that sounds noble and good.
Try again, Wyldfire.
Where did I say men should only be courteous, show etiquette and manners to only women? I didn't. Men and women shoule ALL treat people (regardless of gender) with common courtesy. People should use proper etiquette and manners. That is called having class. People with class are shown far more respect in life than people without class.

Do you sit next to your co workers and rip ass intentionally and smirk at them? I would hope not.

Do you go into a business meeting, pick your nose and wipe it onto the boss's sleeve? No, you don't.

If you are going to be a few days late with rent, do you tell your landlord he'll get his damn money when you feel like it?

If you borrow your mother's car and empty the tank do you leave it empty?

These are examples of rude, discourteous and classless behavior. Each of these behaviors would have consequences. The situation with how the original poster treated the girl he went out with twice is another example...and there was a consequence to that as well...she didn't answer his calls and doesn't want to see him anymore because his behavior lacked class.

penguin

Don Juan
Reaction score
S1NN3R said:
And you should be able to drop a few bucks on a chick without acting like doing so is the end of the damned world.
I think that's the bottom line here. Ignore all the other crap being put forth in this thread.

It's wrong for a woman to expect it, but i think it's also wrong for anyone to be so damn anal about it. She didn't eat a whole horse.

...or did she? :eek:

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
there's a difference between a gentleman and and woman, biatch. Try look up the word gentleman in the dictionary. You will see that not only gentleman and biatch are different from each other, they are complete opposite as well.

go figure.

MVP

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
it's about treating her well...especially AFTER she did something nice for him
Wyldfire, why do you continiously spread these feminist ideals on here? Do people not get enough of it in regular soceity that they need to hear it from you? Why is it that when 2 consenting adults have sex, you say that she did something "nice" for him, but you don't say he did something nice for her? Women like sex you know.