shaking hands with women???

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Extend your hand, do the handshake but do not move your hand up and down or side to side, because as someone pointed out on here..it comes across as dorky.

alnite

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, shake her hand when you first meet her, but DO NOT shake her hand after you have escalated your game! This equals to rejection for her.

labrat

Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't shake hands. You kiss them on the cheeks (except if it's strictly professional.)

I pity all of you who live in places where you're supposed to shake hands with girls :p

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol I picture someone literally "shaking" a girls hand up and down. You didn't even have to say that bmx.

Look her in the eyes, smile, squeeze it a little (not HARD!) and hold it for a second longer than with a man. Just hold her hand IN yours for a couple seconds and give it a gentle squeeze. Helps if you got good hands.

dfb808

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys should come to Hawaii, here it is customary to kiss girls you meet =)

DrD77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
it sucks for me b/c when im really nervous, my hands get really sweaty. when i think about it, it gets worse. this is for guys and girls. i hate having social anxiety.

MotownMack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In case anyone was interested, the official rule of ettiquette is that you do not offer to shake a ladies hand unless/until she offers hers.

Now that's out of the way-I do find it awkward also. It feels very guy like, and I am never convinced this is the right move.

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MotownMack said:
In case anyone was interested, the official rule of ettiquette is that you do not offer to shake a ladies hand unless/until she offers hers.
Now that's out of the way-I do find it awkward also. It feels very guy like, and I am never convinced this is the right move.

You beat me to it Motown! That's exactly what I was going to point out. If she does offer her hand, do not give 'er the vice.

Here's the rub: if you "shake" her hand with a good grip, you risk hurting her hand and looking like a caveman. If you give 'er the limp wrist and a light squeeze, you look like a fag. It certainly is a fine line between a firm, confident handshake with a woman and a faggy limp hand shake.

If she looks like the dainty petite type, I won't shake (unless she offers her hand, of course, as per etiquette). If she looks like this, give 'er the vice!

Rook

Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread reminded me of the times where a girl would go in for a handshake and I flipped it into a game of Thumb-War.

Win or lose... you get to start kino... not just with the hand-game, but after...
I let her beat me, then used C+F and would get playful kino in return. Or, if the girl seemed a bit self-overvalued, I would beat her, and C+F her from that point, and then playfully kino her.

Wow...
totally forgot about that. Time to play that game again. Win or lose... at least you won't be doing a business formal handshake, that conveys... nothing!

If you do find yourself in a situation where a "business formal handshake" is the only appropriate course to take... ALWAYS LOOK DIRECTLY INTO HER EYES when you take her hand, HOLD THAT GAZE, and then... HOLD ONTO HER HAND FOR THREE SECONDS LONGER THAN NEEDED

Never lose eye contact! Muy importante!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MotownMack said:

as Magma said, agreed

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude unless you do something wierd, it doesn't fvckin matter

I broke that etiquette rule countless times because I never heard of it. it didn't matter. and I can think of a few instances where I got attraction from it because it established my presence and put me in a position to start leading the interaction

don't overanalyze sht that ceases to matter once you open your mouth

jacob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay here's how a Don Juan shakes a woman's hand. Look her in the eye say "wassup" while simultaneously nodding your head back, then use the gangster hand shake where you start with the arm wrestling grip where your thumbs intertwine then slide into the formal where you clutch with your four fingers then with your middle finger scratch the middle of her palm and smile while still looking in her eyes. She'll know exactly what you mean cause you just communicated you wanna fvck her. I picked up a lot of girls this way and they percieved me to be confident and playful. Some would tell me with a smile that they know what that stands for or means then I'd deny it like "what are you talking about my friend?" Just act ****y and funny and play with her. So yeah definitley shake her hand and use the scratching her palm with your middle finger technique. Try it.

Rook

Don Juan
Reaction score
While Jacob's and My approach to the "handshake" are totally different, note:

We both try to make the handshake into something more.. We both use C+F while doing it.

As I say... a handshake IS important, only because it is the first moment that you get to touch the girl. Whether you are playful, silly, serious, gangsta, doesn't matter. What matters is you physically transferring your sexual desire to her via touch. Eye Contact is crucial at this point, as well as body language.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be gentle.. use both hands to shake her one hand.

Rook

Don Juan
Reaction score
splinterkb said:
Be gentle.. use both hands to shake her one hand.
And when she starts grinding on another guy... run to the bathroom before you start crying. No girl will respect you if they see you crying on the dance floor.

Are you Fracking serious! The only time your should be using both hands.... SECOND BASE! and even then, I can think where my other hand can be!

You suggest... shake her hand like she's your grandma?

FrostyfromDA

Reaction score
One Of The Best Ways To Open While Holding Hands

One of the best ways I have found that creates attraction very quickly and gets you straight into comfort almost instantly with in the first 2 mins of the interaction. is to take the woman's hand gently and kiss it on the out side of the hand like men did in Knights and Princess times, then once you kissed her hand look at her and smile keep holding her hand then, move your hand and hers towards her face turn it so now the outside of your hand is by her lips for her to kiss your hand, as you can see you have instant compliance if she goes for it. Then continue to hold her hand and start running your vocal material while continuing to hold her hand, and at this point you are close and you can go straight away into isolating with out having to really move her at all.

Frosty

http://dynamicattractions.freeblogit.com/

jacob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rook said:
And when she starts grinding on another guy... run to the bathroom before you start crying. No girl will respect you if they see you crying on the dance floor.

Are you Fracking serious! The only time your should be using both hands.... SECOND BASE! and even then, I can think where my other hand can be!

You suggest... shake her hand like she's your grandma?
I agree Rook a lot of the guys posting don't know how to play with the handshake and be perceived as alpha male. Most of what I'm getting is they don't want to offend the lady's and put her on a pedestal then come of as AFC with no balls. No guts no glory.