***Prom Discussion '08***

goldenrocker91

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha blacks dance so differnely from whites in my school. i swear my school dances are practically segregated with the black kids on one side and the whites on the other lol

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha yeah, but I don't think that will be a problem at my school. My school is the most diverse school in the district (only like 60% black, compared to 90% black at most schools).

But that doesn't change the fact that I can't dance :(

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha wow

I'm in High School and I never even THOUGHT of asking a girl out in a "cute" way, I was just planning on flat out asking

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
haha wow

I'm in High School and I never even THOUGHT of asking a girl out in a "cute" way, I was just planning on flat out asking
That's the way to go

How the hell am I supposed to practice though??

metalfan20

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Prom it's day before my Birthday I've already got for quite sometime now. My tux is getting altered because I've lost wieght. To be honest this is acaullty going to be my first real High School.

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Will it be a problem that I've never before slow danced in my life?

No time to practice...way too busy in the next couple of weeks.

goldenrocker91

Don Juan
Reaction score
i doubt youll have a problem. slow dancing is easier then normal dancing. Just put you hands on her hips and take like little steps back and forth

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
goldenrocker91 said:
i doubt youll have a problem. slow dancing is easier then normal dancing. Just put you hands on her hips and take like little steps back and forth

Let's just hope I don't step on her feet.

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colin O'Brien said:
My prom is on june 7th.. when's the earliest/latest I can ask someone to go with me?
I think you can go ahead and ask now....make sure you ask at the latest in the first couple weeks of May.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
May 2nd. I did it the old fashion way. I bought her flowers, told her my room was getting painted and I wanted her to see it, and asked her when I opened my room.

franchise21

Don Juan
Reaction score
my prom is tommorrow...im a sophomore and got elected head server which basically means i just get to be the first car and first people out....its like they elected me and this chick special priveliges to go...the BS part is the girl is ugly.....so im stuck with an ugly "sort of" date...whom i will take but really just leave once i get in...and what sucks is that other hot girls will haev dates from other towns who will be all over them...leaving me...all alone...how jewish is that?? oh well, at least i get to wear a tux and look like james bond...

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
franchise21 said:
my prom is tommorrow...im a sophomore and got elected head server which basically means i just get to be the first car and first people out....its like they elected me and this chick special priveliges to go...the BS part is the girl is ugly.....so im stuck with an ugly "sort of" date...whom i will take but really just leave once i get in...and what sucks is that other hot girls will haev dates from other towns who will be all over them...leaving me...all alone...how jewish is that?? oh well, at least i get to wear a tux and look like james bond...
How was your prom? What was it like?

Supremo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
**** that. prom is a time to splurge a little.
take ya ***** out to a nice restaurant, show her a good time, and get some.

everyones caught up in "being a man" and not paying for **** but thats bull****.
its FUN to get a limo and party it up with your friends. get a big ass ground and split everything evenly.

last year we went to a 5 star restaurant, got a stretch navigator, AND i got a suit. ran me about 200 bucks myself for one of the best nights of my life.

franchise21

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha my prom was fun...i danced with some chicks and also got hypnotized... during my hypnosis the guy apparetnly asked me what im gonn ado after high school...i said college....he asked what i was gonna study...i said girls...haha

but anyways i apparently did some hilarious **** when i was hypnotized and now chicks are talking to me all the time...not the they didn't before but more so now since i was hypnotized

Arizona iced tea

Don Juan
Reaction score
anyone know what a limo usually costs? the group i might go with is getting one for $700! theres 4 couples and that leaves me spending almost $200...

on the other hand i might rent a nice car and just drive myself and my gf.

so much money! i better get something good out of it :)

theborn_athlete

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well my prom is the 2nd Saturday into June and I've got a date, but I'm not happy about it.

My prom date is easily the hottest girl in the school. No questions asked. Doesn't matter who you ask; she's the one.

The pictures I get from prom would be HUGE social proof for University next year. Having 30 picks on facebook with an HB9 hanging off my neck would be awesome.

The problem?

She has a boyfriend.

Her boyfriend is 21 so obviously he isn't going to go to prom. Back in 2nd year we had a little thing and I promised her we would go to prom together. So here we are 2 years later and we were just discussing it the other day. Shes set on going with me. I know her boyfriend, he's a pushover and won't mind at all so that's not a problem.

The problem with going with her, is that it would be awkward. Are we friends or dates? Do we hold hands etc? It'd just be weird. Now I know that she isn't happy with her boyfriend, but knowing the guy I would feel like a scum bag hooking up with her. (Not that I wouldn't still do it :p) This whole situation is brutal because I can think of atleast 4 girls off the top of my head who would love to go with me and who I would definately hook up with. My oneitis has really been hinting at it over the last couple weeks, as well as one other girl that I have been seeing.

So guys what would you suggest I do about this situatioN?

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
theborn_athlete said:
Well my prom is the 2nd Saturday into June and I've got a date, but I'm not happy about it.

My prom date is easily the hottest girl in the school. No questions asked. Doesn't matter who you ask; she's the one.

The pictures I get from prom would be HUGE social proof for University next year. Having 30 picks on facebook with an HB9 hanging off my neck would be awesome.

The problem?

She has a boyfriend.

Her boyfriend is 21 so obviously he isn't going to go to prom. Back in 2nd year we had a little thing and I promised her we would go to prom together. So here we are 2 years later and we were just discussing it the other day. Shes set on going with me. I know her boyfriend, he's a pushover and won't mind at all so that's not a problem.

The problem with going with her, is that it would be awkward. Are we friends or dates? Do we hold hands etc? It'd just be weird. Now I know that she isn't happy with her boyfriend, but knowing the guy I would feel like a scum bag hooking up with her. (Not that I wouldn't still do it :p) This whole situation is brutal because I can think of atleast 4 girls off the top of my head who would love to go with me and who I would definately hook up with. My oneitis has really been hinting at it over the last couple weeks, as well as one other girl that I have been seeing.

So guys what would you suggest I do about this situatioN?

Just go about your business as normal....hold her hand, put your arm around her, etc, and see how she takes it. If all is goo, then by all means continue. Treat her like your date because she IS your date. As for hooking up with her, just continue to read the signs throughout the night, and see what kind of frame she is in. Just be sure to be on top of YOUR game, and make sure to have fun.

And if she's not receptive to you, you can meet a hot single girl there ;)