Post a request for a "Pook" Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pook

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook a post request

For my own sake, and my own reminder, I'm extracting my posts into another format. I would like to put Pook on the shelf... literally and figuratively.

If you have been here a while, you should do a search on yourself and put all your words into a file just to see how large that file is. For example, the replies, not the post, but just my replies in the 'Kill That Desperation' thread easily exceeds 50 pages single space. I'm just estimating but I imagine the entire thing, when put together, could be four hundred pages or more. It's a freeking e-book!

If anyone cares, I can upload it somewhere where it can be downloaded.

My only problem has been extracting the old discussion posts, as many have vanished with time and others have fallen through electronic cracks. Even then, some of the replies are so lacking in detail that I feel like I should add something to it.

Just have two questions,

1) Is there any old discussion reply I've done that you think needs more elaboration? Like I can find only a couple of posts on the "taken girls wanted to be stolen" syndrome that begs to be summed up in one post.

2) Since this is my last hurrah, is there any thing you want me to post about? There is one thing i've been thinking about, which may come in handy in our global age, is differences of women due to world geography. No personal posts to you or about me. Something we all could use. (Don't priv msg it to me, as I won't recieve it. Just post it here.)

I've been procrastating wildly this past year with this site. Did you know I've only done four posts this entire year? Four! And looking back, reading all the spilled verbage of someone trying to make sense of the insanity around him, I don't like any of the posts. I reread them with a fond memory, remembering when the idea was 'new' and 'revolutionary' to me. "Be the prize to be won." "Be a man." "Secret of the Jerk." Remember the feeling you had when you were an adult and looked back in your youth to see some 'great' paper you wrote when you were, say, ten years old? You think, "Man, I certainly didn't know much then!" The only posts I reread with interest are the ones I haven't put out yet, especially the last four (Cool Guy's Lessons).

So if you have any suggestions for 1) or 2), let me hear them.

Last edited:

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2)

Meeting and attracting girls from different cultures.

I dont know about anyone else, but I happen to get on with people from iceland, greenland etc a lot better for some reason. We seem to have the same mindset. Ultimately, this could be advantageous for people seeking the right person, or for anyone living in a different country other than america.

There are significant differences between american woman and brittish women alone, not to mention german, french, korean etc.

Theres a challenge for you, Pook ;)

Uploading that in a single space would be an awesome idea.

P.S Thanks for taking the time to write all the inspirational articles.

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook, sure everybody loves you, but lets keep the ego in check. Perhaps you want to contact Simon & Schuster for release of the Pook Deluxe series. I'm sure the printing would be no less than 500,000 copies.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook

I would like to see a post on what to do if there you have to much testostorone. I sent you a PM on this and you said that you would have one in a couple days.

Could you please post that for me? although I have relaxed alot but I could still use it.

i1t4yomindi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm....Maybe you can post about what life means to you at this point...Tell a story about what you've gone through and the major realizations that you've had up to this point.

Write about what we were sent here to accomplish, etc.

Since this will probably be the last time we ever hear from the All-Mighty Pook maybe you should just end it with a conclusion - a wrap up of what this site has done for you, how you've grown as a person, etc.

It could be inspiring for us to hear more about your life philosophy.

Take care, bro.

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2) I would love to see everything broken down piece by piece, how you have to make it a habit of improving oneself in all aspects of life, then lay out out the major parts of life that should be in balance with eachother and which parts of them should be focused on. I couldn't really say if this would fit your style or interest but I plan on doing something similar to this in the future, when I have enough experience under my belt (will take a long time, no doubting that) and have been able to think it through. I would really like to see your take on it because after reading a lot of your posts the ideas all seem to fit together.

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahhh, a last hurrah for Pook. Well, I have a couple of different topics I'd like expanded upon, from your point of view, if you're up to the task before you're gone forever...

#1) How much of a factor is control in the man/woman equation/relationship? How much does control and power actually factor into how we interact and respond to each other?

#2) What is the relationship with God and all of life's problems? You seem to have an immense understanding of nature and how it behaves, so if you could elaborate on how everything is connected it would be greatly appreciated.

#3) I know I'm asking a lot of you, but I look up to you more than you know. You've changed a lot of lives on this board, and have influenced so many more. How do you think your influence on this message board will effect those who look up to you?

Don't be humble in your responses. I want Pook to hold nothing back. I want to see the human side of you (aka the imperfect side of you). Let it flow and let it go.

thecraftylefty

JohnGalt

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Pook, I was wondering what your thoughts were about balancing a social life and weight training/eating constantly. I have Ellis' program and find it difficult to maintain a balance, because I really need to eat/rest a huge amount to gain any weight, and I am also at a very difficult college with a lot of academic work. I was wondering how you dealt with this problem. Sometimes I feel like shunning all social things to have more time for working out and learning a lot in school and elsewhere.

cutler91

Reaction score
hey pook - what's up bro?

well, all good things come to an end - what a f*ckin ride! personally, i would like to know all your thoughts on women. not too much but just your ideas about dating, relationships, sexuality, human nature, marriage, love, and maybe throw in some thoughts on how to be a man.

seriously though, your words have had more of an impact on so many young men's lives, you'll never know. before you leave for good, please do me a personal favor and read this post:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54270

we'll meet again brother. take care.

MoveYourAss...

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook, your posts inspired me enormously. Thank you!! (it was time for this)

It would be a lot of work, but if you consider putting it all together it would be perfect if some smoothing was done, at least some structure, i.e. chapters concerning different main points, start from the essentials (yourself), "techniques" later etc.

An example of what I mean is the EXCELLENT WMS-manual of Fingaz, another great inspirer and teacher.

Someone proposed already, but repetitions do not always harm: IMO, you could (should ?) write a book. If you're concerned about your anonymity, use a false name, but tell us the title.

I do "even" think it's justified to earn (some) money with it, knowing that you're not to become greedy.

Looking forward to the "cool guys lessons"

All the best,
MoveYourA$$... and your brain will follow

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I'd like to see a post about primal masculine instincts vs. emotional attachment, where the line is drawn, and why so many people are attracted to only one side of the pendulem.

George Gordon

Banned
Reaction score
Pook.

I’m curious about you, personally. Meaning, I want to know a few things about your journey. The Pook image is not you. Who is the flesh and blood behind the mask?

First, I don’t know if you have the same presence or influence in the ‘real world’ as you do on sosuave, but maybe that’s irrelevant. Certainly, a man (most) can influence more men on a board like this than during a year in the ‘real world’. What I’m curious about is how you respond to your role as a leader. For isn’t that position a GREAT responsibility?

What do I mean? Aren’t leaders servants that are in higher positions than kings? Don’t they transmit ideas and ways of living—essences—to others almost as if it was a natural effect of who they are? That they really have no choice that others look to them for guidance. And isn’t that a lot of weight to not only be responsible for yourself, but for other men? That to some degree, you are responsible for their actions because you planted the idea and the motivation.

Taking that into consideration, I’m more interested in your weaknesses. Though I don’t expect you to post these things publicly, I’m interested in your greatest tribulation. The one that seems like it’s always been with you. The one thing that keeps coming up.

Why am I interested in that? Because I think that true strength draws from out of that weakness. That weakness is a man’s guide to his destiny. It will lead him there. His adversity is his light in the darkness, even though, at times, it seems blinding.

How does that weakenss tie into and effect your (or a man's) role as a leader?

Isn't this on the same 'personal' level as your posts and dealings with women? Why not do some posts on leadership, specifically. For, to a man, isn't leadership more important than women?

Cheers!

!GEORGE GORDON!

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
I can't wait for all your posts being put in an ebook.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
I want an autographed copy!!!!

Yeah so im kissing his a$$ blow me!

Not figuritively speaking....

h a r d a s s

Don Juan
Reaction score
1.)
more about how to become like a child

2.)
you ALWAYS talk about chasing your dreams and risking it all, can you go into detail about the dreams you chased (and maybe even didn't catch) and the risks you have taken (even the ones that blew up in your face).

any writing you have that you like that isn't about women or self-improvement.

something about each:
Love
Spontaneity
Your passions

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I have more, these r the first few that come to mind. you really don't have enough time to get around to everything i'd like to know more about. I know most all of your posts before were for yourself, it will be a very kind act if you go through with writing for other's requests...

whether it was ur intention to change some1's life or not, thank you for being the one to set me in the right direction
:)

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmmm... I'd like to hear how you keep your ego in check with all this asslicking. :rolleyes: :p

Anyways, I've been wondering that do you still view your earlier posts like "Be a man" any good and now I've been answered. I'm sure, like mine, also your newest realizations have nothing to do with women...
But I'd like to hear your CURRENT views about being a Man, having POWER over people, taking action, trusting your instincts, how to kill your unneeded emotions etc.

Those Cool Guy Lessons seem promising.

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Pook, it will be sad to see you leave.

I would like to see posts on:

1) Advice on social skills/how to talk to women. You mention you used to be really shy and retiring. How did you get over this and become the outgoing, sociable Pook you are today? You mention self improvement a lot, but never give any specific advice on social improvement and how to become a charming Pook.

2) And yeh, Cool Guy threads sounds really good.

3) If you have any archived posts you haven't released which are on your hard drive, please add them even if they aren't up to your usual high standards. I learn something from each of your posts, so the more the merrier.

TylerDurden

Don Juan
Reaction score
Topics I would like to see done by Pook

Pook,

Sorry to see you go. I guess we all have to move on eventually. Your articles have helped thousands of guys.

I would like to see 3 topics covered.

1) Calling rules---This topic is hardly ever explored here. Here are some questions to get you going. Is it always true that you should call 3 days after you get the number? Should the phone only be used for making dates? When is the best time to call? How do you make a successful booty call?

2) Flaky chicks---What if you don't want to just dump them. How do you deal with flaky chicks? How do you raise their IL? How do you deal with chicks who say they will call back but don't? How do you deal with chicks who stand you up or cancel at the last minute? What is the best way to persue these kinds of chicks?

3) S*it tests---What are the various S*it tests? How do you pass them?

To get into the archives try http://www.archives.org

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
write something about the club scene!

If you don't like clubing, I think you should try it as an experiment, and record what you learn.

Limitless

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here

An article on not taking crap from people . Being not rude , but getting the point across your no clown or a ***** whipped *****. Also how to deal with confrotations.

Status
Not open for further replies.