peacocking tips

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was out buying some new clothes today taking advantage of those after holidays clearances. What I was realizing that I'm lacking is accessories. I would like to give peacocking a serious try, but not extreme peacocking like Mystery. I'm not going to wear a damn Dr. Seuss hat and paint my nails black. Fvck that. What are some good ideas of ways to peacock that won't make you look like a clown?

Juanito

Don Juan
Reaction score
it depends what kind of look you're after

-metro, chic?
-rock star?

etc

also, what kind of work do you do?

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I often wear fedoras and newsboy caps and many people tell me that I'm one of very few people who can actually rock them good. To go along with it I usually wear a levis jacket with Aeropostle, American Eagle, Hollister shirts, might only work at my age because it makes me look 30.

Something I've been wanting to do but never really committed is getting those big single piece fancy earrings, something like this:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3105/2351218337_6076666d2e.jpg?v=0

I know this one guy who has an earring like that and people always remember him by "that guy with the dragon earring".

S.Y.L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hollister stuff is intended for ages 13-19 ish, so you may look goofy if your wearing a hollister shirt, and your a lot older. Girls might notice this too.

Just putting that out there, I saw some guy who was like 45 wearing hollister, and I couldn't help but laugh.

Hooligan Harry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you are 32. If you want to peacock buy a decent car or a decent watch.

I honestly dont think any piece of arse is worth making yourself look like a tit over.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hooligan Harry said:
Dude, you are 32. If you want to peacock buy a decent car or a decent watch.

I honestly dont think any piece of arse is worth making yourself look like a tit over.
I have a decent car and a nice watch. That's not peacocking I'm talking about. I'm saying fashion-wise. Besides, when you're in a bar, no girl can see the car that you parked a block away. And half the time I'm wearing long sleeve shirts or jacket and the girl can't see my watch anyway.

juanito said:
it depends what kind of look you're after

-metro, chic?
-rock star?

etc

also, what kind of work do you do?
I'm a web/graphic/flash designer. I work from home, which is also part of the problem vis-a-vis interaction with women but that's another story...

I already have a style I think works fine for me. Some might call it "metro" or whatever, I wear distressed designer jeans, casual type shoes/sneakers similar to Steve Maddens. Button shirts sometimes plain, sometimes with vertical pinstripes. A swiss army watch with a white face, a few leather jackets and a peacoat and I guess that pretty much sums up my fall/winter clothes. Summer day clothes is just straight cargo shorts, sandals and tshirts. Most people think my style looks good on me. It's nothing standout or original. It's clean and contemporary without being over-trendy or anything. But I feel like I just need that extra "edge" to my style that will make me standout to girls when I walk into the room and can't I figure out what to add to give it that. Which is why I'm looking for ideas.

war against betaism said:
Something I've been wanting to do but never really committed is getting those big single piece fancy earrings, something like this:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3105/...666d2e.jpg?v=0
I don't wear earrings myself, but I think that earring sported with those dreadlocks is pretty cool if that's your look.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Peacock without looking like a clown by wearing clothes that others dont wear. You are a bit older so i dont know if this applies, but i wear sweaters with ties and my friends give me **** but it gets me a ton a looks. The point is to get attention without trying to get attention.