Pay or not pay for dinner date

GynecologyEnthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For a first date, if I ask, I really don't think paying is a big problem. In fact, the way to handle it is to pay like you crap out hundred dollar bills every night. That way you aren't supplicating because you don't even give a crap.

This is, of course, much easier when you are a bit older and have attained a six-figure salary and don't have to act that way.

Many of the posters here are younger and still impoverished from college and really need that eight bucks.

The girl always offers to pay and I just tell her "don't worry about it." Then they usually pay for dessert or coffee later.

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Problem is it is very difficult to call out who is after a free meal and who might genuinely be interested- and act is an act is an act.

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For a first date, if I ask, I really don't think paying is a big problem. In fact, the way to handle it is to pay like you crap out hundred dollar bills every night. That way you aren't supplicating because you don't even give a crap.

This is, of course, much easier when you are a bit older and have attained a six-figure salary and don't have to act that way.

I agree 110% with GE on this one. Your economic situation (and hers) does matter.

Before I came back to school, I was making really good money where I was working so I could care less about $20 here, $50 there. So I really didn't feel as if I was supplicating by payng because I genuinely didn't give a sh*t. Also, I often dated girls that were still in college and were strapped for cash.

Now though, I'm back in school and no longer rolling in the dough. I make this clear to the girls I date (most of whom ARE working full time) so they understand that I'm not flipping the bill all the time. If anything they should be paying more often than I do (wishful thinking).

Reaction score
Pressing the blue button..
*bump!*