Parallels between PU "community" and Organized Religion

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you ever noticed the striking similarity between the PU "community" and organized religion. Consider the following:

Religious leaders claim to be receiving divine insight from God, which of course you'll never be able to hear the message without their assistance.

Community "gurus" claim to have accessed the "few" true naturals and stolen their patterns. But of course you can't go to the hottest clubs and do this yourself because A) These naturals are soooo scarce, you'd never find them or B) The guru has direct, divine insight into women that no other man has ever possessed.

The solution, in all these cases, is to give these folks all your money and then you shall be blessed with forgiveness, eternal life, or thousands of young virgins, as the case may be.

Sound a little fishy anyone?

Evolution

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
everywomanshero said:
The solution, in all these cases, is to give these folks all your money and then you shall be blessed with forgiveness, eternal life, or thousands of young virgins, as the case may be.

Sound a little fishy anyone?
The community is the real deal. I'm living proof of that.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
everywomanshero said:
...Sound a little fishy anyone?
I don't know but I call first dibs on playing the hedonistic, resident Anti-Christ.

Reaction score
Yeah there's even a whole bunch of acronyms...

OMG PU Community = Scientology

(this is sarcasm btw)

Reaction score
Bro lol I never bought anything and i've been learning mad game from afc's that have and they litterally give all of the **** out on the interenet and I read for free...I'm the ****!

elmnick

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree completely. They both prey on the stupid masses, and the both rely on blind faith, in getting to heaven literally or getting to their idea of heaven of any girl you want. They both want something from you, (money/your soul) they have charismatic leaders, some of whom have "turned their life around". Both have people saying things like "The community is the real deal. I'm living proof of that.". It's the same with stuff like The Secret and other new age bollocks, the general population is will believe anything. But both do have some general good advice I reckon, hidden behind the crap. In general if it sounds too good to be true it probably is, and if you think just paying $200 for an ebook will get you into bed with 100s of stunners you need your head checked.
This sounds like an article for Pook to be writing, (although having just looked at Pooks mill I don't much rate him anymore, have to recommend the book of Pook though, and its free, not some rip off)

potato

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually it is more like a cult. The problem with their claim of getting their ideas from naturals is that guys that are naturally good with women typically do not use any of the methods of or have the attitudes of PUA’s.

Most of their ideas come from each other, one guy telling another whatever trick he used that worked. Typically PUA tricks don’t work on most women. They are mostly developed for those women who frequent bars/clubs, drink excessively and are looking for sex. The type of women that are easy to get anyway.

The biggest fraud as to PUA claims is that if you follow their rules that any guy can get any woman he desires. It doesn’t take a lot of thought to see the absurdity of it all.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And now let us worship. Kids, come to the front. Story-time.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Religion and pick-up theories are both just examples of ideology. There's no grand conspiracy here.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is not a cult, i repeat, this is not a cult.
cults try to bring others in....
we try to not let all our friends know we are here....

The Deacon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the only think they have in common is we have a bible and so do they.

the main difference is that our bible is 100 percent accurate with facts.

1. you do not need to read some fycking guru's dating crap.

2. read the dj bible....do a boot camp..if you fail start over until you pass.

It's pretty simple.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
great, now they will compare us to the templar knights...
I was thinking "The Goonies" or for the rest of the really old farts here "The He Man Woman Hater's Club" from the "Little Rascals."

Lord Shinra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see it at all paralleling organized.
While organized religion is a bunch of "Don'ts" the community is a bunch of "Do's".

Plus, who cares anyway? The minute they start charging to use the forums, is the day I am a ghost around here. And if you think taking a Mystery seminar or reading a Style book is going to get you in bed with multiple HB10s, I've got some beachfront property in Montana you might be interested in.

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
potato said:
Actually it is more like a cult. The problem with their claim of getting their ideas from naturals is that guys that are naturally good with women typically do not use any of the methods of or have the attitudes of PUA’s.

Most of their ideas come from each other, one guy telling another whatever trick he used that worked. Typically PUA tricks don’t work on most women. They are mostly developed for those women who frequent bars/clubs, drink excessively and are looking for sex. The type of women that are easy to get anyway.

The biggest fraud as to PUA claims is that if you follow their rules that any guy can get any woman he desires. It doesn’t take a lot of thought to see the absurdity of it all.
Lol yea....a cult who's website you log into daily to make comments on.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
I don't know but I call first dibs on playing the hedonistic, resident Anti-Christ.
damn...

Personally, I liked Nietzsche's work because he hated organized religion (not religion, but organized religion and what it would became). I seem to becoming a positive Nietzsche.

comic_relief