On the verge of breaking off engagement

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait. What?

You proposed to a girl who cheated on you and constantly disses you?

Dude, do yourself a favor and find a girl who actually loves you if you are a "man of your word".

Danger, Ned Start analogy is so true. I stopped watching GOT after Ned Stark managed to get his head chopped off by a 10-year old masterminded by her bombshell MOM.

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow buddy - who gives a sh#t about thanksgiving? Break it off. It's very sad, but very true if a girl had a very abusive childhood, or didn't get the love they needed, they are not long term potential. UNLESS they do extensive therapy and change their behaviors drastically to turn it around. They will allways be looking for new people to show them love, then expect them to toss them out on the street. It's very sad but very true. It isn't your job to save this girl, it's your job to find girls that would make great mothers and wives for the long haul.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a game of thrones thread would be epic

Each character is so richly described...the show is surprisingly true to the writing though significantly more fem centric...but then that is how media has to be to appeal to the 'masses'

if you read the books the death of ned is just the start..you ain't seen nothing yet

Danger what are your feelings on Tyrion Lannister? He's the realist one in the whole story...fvcking biyaches to service him and then throwing coins at them...of course I'd like that sh!t :):):)

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear El Suave,
Look this Bird is not ready to settle down,maybe never will be,she is a free spirit,maybe sees you as a little conservative....Look despite having traditional values,rightsize your relationship,gradually taper off the contact time,you are obviously attracted,why hurt yourself by radical measures,adopt the same whimsical attitude she has,try the pies from a few different stores,when she gets upset just play her along,she can be your puppet on a string now!

SXS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think the OP has been reading this forum for a long time.
Being a man of your word is only worth something to a woman that can actually understand the value of it.

El Suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you guys for all the replies. Don't know exactly when I started do go wrong... Maybe when I moved to this country and started slowly buying into the feminist bs or what. I have given the same advice to others that I'm getting from you but it's different when it's me! We all know that, that's why we're here. I hoped with her that if I respond with kindness she will come to her senses. Don't ask why I thought that. Classic AFC mistake! I can say that I am way past the point now where I try to understand any woman's reasoning.

Scaramouche, I don't need her to come back to play her like a puppet. I've done to many of those scenarios already and I actually still have a puppet right now. Guess I just grew up and got tired of these games. Now I really have to prove it and walk away from this one.

I will keep everybody updated and please keep the advise coming, brings me back to reality.

The Gambler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Epimanes said:
Marriage builders and So Suave saved my marriage. I combined the stuff from both and my wife couldnt be happier.
Wow, what a coincidence... The Dallas Cowboys and SoSuave won me a hundred bucks last weekend! And my wife couldn't be happier either!

But seriously, don't fall for the sucker bet. Neither you nor anyone else are able to change the way that mind of hers works... You might contain her for a while, but her true personality will eventually come back -- and you'll constantly be looking over your shoulder in the meantime.

It's hard to walk away from someone who has good qualities. But there are some flaws that are fatal to a relationship, and based on what you said, she has at least one of them. No experienced guy here will advise you to try and make things work with her.... A sucker bet.

The Gambler

Machina29

Don Juan
Reaction score
She cheated and you propose? Rings don't plug holes. Just wait until you hit a rough patch during the marriage, and then she will cheat again.

Wingedsig

Don Juan
Reaction score
Google BPD and put that crazy ***** to bed.Been there, done that got the tshirt.The only reason we put up with it is because most BPDs are generally physically attractive, off the charts in the sack.That's why normal people don't generally compare and you think you have found the love of your life.You haven't.Trust me.You've found somebody who will scar you beyond belief if you invest another minute in them.My advice, dump her ass and go for the "seemingly" available and emotionally stable one.

Albatross953

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marriagebuilders is a great program. It's for guys who can't simply walk away due to kids etc. I'm a vet on the forum there. But two things..
it's a two way street, at least after plan A.
in this situation they will tell you to RUN. No kids, unmarried..RUN
go to their forum, find a woman named Melodylane. She will give you the advice you need

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Albatross953 said:
Marriagebuilders is a great program. It's for guys who can't simply walk away due to kids etc. I'm a vet on the forum there. But two things..
it's a two way street, at least after plan A.
in this situation they will tell you to RUN. No kids, unmarried..RUN
go to their forum, find a woman named Melodylane. She will give you the advice you need
Yeah. I would have to agree with you. MB would most likely tell him to run. And yes MB is a two way street. Melodylane is a fantastic advisor there and she calls out everyones **** as she sees it. No bars held back that's for sure. Both barrels usually. Haha

kimberleah

Banned
Reaction score
ayava said:
Ra

So far:
*seeks constant male attention
*cheated
*maybe gave you an STD?
*can't keep promises - likely because she makes change out of a sense of obligation, not genuine desire to make you happy or the relationship work.
Find this rather amusing. This site is full of men with these EXACT SAME traits.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Kimberleah,^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh Honey I do agree,they are all brutes aren't they,any way,I'll let you go I know your Husband will be home soon and you haven't got his Dinner ready yet....Toodle Pip,Sweetie!

AW1983

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Scaramouche said:
Oh Honey I do agree,they are all brutes aren't they,any way,I'll let you go I know your Husband will be home soon and you haven't got his Dinner ready yet....Toodle Pip,Sweetie!
Ahahahaha, Scara is the Churchill of sosuave.

kimberleah

Banned
Reaction score
Scaramouche said:
Yep guys are all brutes. Should be put into caves, force-fed cupcakes and only be brought out to reproduce. :)

Oh I cook dinner for myself every night I love to cook actually. But I will never have a husband to share it with...why should a nonbrute have to be stuck with a brute for the rest of her life? :)

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
El Suave said:
So during this last break up I found out that she has cheated on me last year. Never even bother to use protection and then I slept with her unknowingly.... Three weeks ago... I propose to her.
Boiled down to its core, your post is very disturbing. So after 4 years of misery with this girl and just finding out she cheated on you unprotected and you reward her with a ring? My only advice at this point would be to contact a local attorney and see if you can recover that ring when you break up the engagement (some states allow it).

As far as breaking it off with this girl, seriously man, just re-read your post. She is a 30 y.o. damaged goods AW who likes to ride the c0ck carousel, cheated on you (probably multiple times) and exposed you to a variety of STDs... Is this really how you want to describe their mother to your children???

El Suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Update

Broke off the engagement 4 months ago and you can't imagine how calm and relaxed I am now. Some of these chicks can sure suck the life out of you. Off to higher quality women now.
Thank you all for your input. :rockon:

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
El Suave said:
So during this last break up I found out that she has cheated on me last year. Never even bother to use protection and then I slept with her unknowingly. Don't know to this day if I have something or not!!!! Was very dissapointed about the whole thing. Surprised that I was not pissed. I have never been a chump so I have always been able to pull really hot girls, so I guess that's why I just said "**** it and move on". I started working on myself, improving and doing my own thing.

Three weeks ago, I see her in my city by accident and text her to come over and talk. She does. So I lay it on her how I am not pissed, just dissapointed that she cheated, tell her that I am tired of all the bs that has been the last 6 years and ask her if she wants to finally calm the f*** down (now that she's 30) and start doing it properly. She agrees again (of course), and I propose to her. She's all happy for the first day and then she starts laying it on me that she has doubts and that all her friend and family are telling her that she is making a big mistake and she will regret it blah blah. I take time and calmly explain to her how friends and family don't know sh!t about all that's going on and that only buys a little bit of time with her, but that's it. She keeps the charade up about how her heart is telling her she's doing the right thing but her mind is telling her otherwise.
You have never been a chump?? I beg to differ! You sir are not just a chump...you are the honorary president of the International Chump Society. Only someone who is one hundred percent dedicated to the life of eternal chumpdom would try to wife up his cheating, attention wh0re ex. And to add insult to injury, this woman is now thinking that marrying you would be a mistake...for her!

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
You have never been a chump?? I beg to differ! You sir are not just a chump...you are the honorary president of the International Chump Society. Only someone who is one hundred percent dedicated to the life of eternal chumpdom would try to wife up his cheating, attention wh0re ex. And to add insult to injury, this woman is now thinking that marrying you would be a mistake...for her!
Thread is a year old Bub'

OP even updated it....