Official: Boot Camp for the masses thread (beginning 10/01)

Jango_Xavier

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A kiwi in a very bad disguise of a dutchman :P
Week 3 Day 1
I had really weird day b/c the articles explicitly say to make convo with dateable HB's but the wierd thing is, it was like attention all HB's avoid Jango_Xavier day b/c I couldn't find a single HB. Just when I was abt to go home I went to the bank to get some money I came across and 30+HB cashier which I made convo with around 2mins.

Jango_X

Deathfyre

Don Juan
Reaction score
How many are we supposed to talk to this week? is it 10 again? I've got 1 so far.

1 Down. X-1 To go, where X is the number required this week.

Borgia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heres the info on this week

Exercises

While last week we went out and spoke with ten strangers, male or female, young or old, this time our weekly exercise is to go and hold a short conversation (2 – 10 minute each in length) with women that you would normally be interested in dating.

Now, this may seem a little daunting for some people, but when you stop and think about it, there really is no difference between a drop-dead gorgeous babe and middle-aged guy, at least when it comes to holding a brief conversation.

To be successful, just keep everything in perspective... humans are humans. Do this and you won't have any more trouble with this lesson than you did with the one from last week.

Also, in addition to the reading material from this week, you might want to refresh on the reading material from last week since those articles will be just as useful.

After each conversation, write the results in your journal. After completing the assignment, report back to the response thread and share with us one or two of your encounters.

You have until this time next week, to finish this lesson. As well, keep on practicing the skills you learned in the previous two lessons, so that you don't lose them.

And don't forget the 3-second rule discussed in the previous lesson. You'll find that it will be ten times more powerful now, since it will force you to overcome the fear that often develops when you think too much about approaching an attractive girl. Here's a copy-and-paste of the 3-second rule from last week...

"Also, a tip that might help you with this lesson, and the next few lessons, is the 3 second rule (You can find it on ASF). What this means is that when you find someone you might be interested in approaching, don't give yourself more than 3 seconds from the moment you are able, to approach them. Anything longer than 3 seconds highly increases the chance that your nerves will work against you, and that you'll chicken out. Even if you have nothing planned to discuss with them, you'll find that you'll amazingly have something to say if you can only force your feet to propel you to the person."

Okay DJs, let's keep up the momentum. We're getting closer and closer!

Good luck with it

so far today i am on zero, there is time but i have two important exams tommorrow but i am going to be constantly going to get coffee to aid my revison :) so hopefully i will see a hot girl there

Borgia

Rahul

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 3 Day 1

Alright, well I got a lot accomplished today. I talked to some random chick when I was walking back from class at it started raining outside. I was wearing a small t-shirt, express jeans, and sandals, so I was cold as sh*t. I saw this girl with an umbrella and when her eyes caught my pitiful face I said "hey, can I walk under your umbrella?" I talked to her for maybe 5 minutes as we walked to the student center.

I saw this hot black girl (yeah I know, they're pretty rare) sitting in the lobby of the dorm building as my friend and I were heading out, I said "Hi" kinda loud, and she looked up surprised and said "Hi" as I was walking out of the door. Later on at dinner I saw her in line and I walked up to her and said "Hey, what's your name? I just want to know who I said hi to" She said "It's Ashley" after some fluff talk I found out that she was a sophomore and a mentor in this club I was involved in. I said "Do you have a mentee yet?" she said "no" I said "would you like me?" she said "yeah that'd be great, just sign up as mine on the website". Sweet! I want to nail this peice.

As I was sitting down for dinner, my friend had already sat down and he is a pathetic AFC bastard so he sat down next to the wall by himself. Behind him was a hot girl doing some homework. I looked at him and said "why don't you come sit with me?" and walked up the to hot girl and said "hey, is anybody sitting here?" she said "no". Over the course of dinner her friends all came and sat down around the table, they were all pretty damn HOT!!! I had already built some great rapport with the first girl so all the others were much easier. I met 5 and built rapport with 5 hot girls within the course of 20 minutes, and ate dinner with them for maybe an hour. As I was leaving the original girl said "wait, do you have a screen name on AIM?" I said "What for?" she said, "oh Valarie might need it" which was the hottest girl in the group, I said "sure, and wrote it down for her then left.

So far: 3 conversations

Borgia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kinda like i expected - this hasn;t been a day at all on the dj front. I spent about ten hours today studying on one thing or another (its that time of the yr and sadly normally i do fu*k all)

I only had one oppurtunity, that was about ten mins ago and i should have taken it but i was talking to my friend and i simply chocked as i saw her, she was walking away from us slightly in front - i just should have said something about how cold it is and taken it from there.

Anyhow, tommorrow, i have two exams but from around 3pm i will be finished with exams - i will then have some time to get about 3/4 conversations.

Speak to you all later

David

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 3 Day 1

Ok guys this is like a very large step for me and i definately need some motivation. I thought it was hard enough to talk to strangers but now when I have to talk to stranger hb's its like its impossible. I already tried the three second rule and the dont worry their just humans as well mentality but its not working. I see hot girls all the time walking around and i cant work myself up to talk to any of them :( I guess i still really worry about rejection and I know the only way to get over it is by trying but that mentality really isnt helping any

Anyway I got 0 convos today and I need help badly

Borgia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr D

Ultimatelly, nobody can make u do it - its something u have got to do for yourself. The way i look at it, do you want to be scared of girls your whole life? is that REALLY what you want becuase thats what going to happen if u don't grab ur balls and do it. I promise you that it will get easier - they really are just people, the only difference is that they have tits. Really, THEY ARE PPL, you say that you are scared of rejection but when everytime u don't go up to a girl becuase u are scared - YOU ARE REJECTING YOURSELF,

YOU ARE REJECTING YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU DO NOT FEEL YOU ARE WORTH IT

What do u want to look back at this time of your life and think
that
you are gutless

Ask yourself that

Borgia

PS> read photo 1's post - are u the guy thats scafred to approach

TheCollector

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys just letting you know that im still in I havent been able to post daily because my hard drive completely crashed so i have lost the internet connection at my apartment. I should be able to be back online tomorrow. Anyways last week i had conversations with about 8 strangers and im starting week 3 today. Im posting this from my parents house keep up the good work bros.

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 3 Day 2

Grrrrr. Tonight I went to this church thing where I thought it would be easy to talk to chicks since they are all polite there. I ended up sitting next to a couple of HB's and I didnt talk to them at all. I chickened out. Then afterwards when people stand around and talk I couldnt make myself go up to any of the girls. Also considering all the girls were either talking to each other or to some dude. Anyway, I dont know what i am going to do. I did read that article you told me to Borgia and it helped mentally for the time being. Its like I have all the knowledge and tricks to do this but I cant physically make myself do it.

I need someone there in person making me do it like the nerd in the MADE show on MTV. He had David standing there making him talk to chicks.

Deathfyre

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 3, Day 2

Mr. D, I am in somewhat of the same situation as you (not quite as bad, I can go talk to them, it just takes a lot of willpower). What I've found so far seems to help, is to start low. Find the ugliest girl you can who is still datable. Talk to her. Next find someone a little better looking, talk to her. Work your way up to the HB 9's and 10's.

Anyways, my report:

This morning on my way to school I talked to one girl on the train off and on for the whole 15 min trip. I'd give her about a 7 or so out of 10, so I'm getting higher. All day at school I was working on homework, so didn't have time to talk to anyone, after school went to my music lesson, on my way home, at the bus stop there was a girl, about a 5.5 sitting beside me. She was barely datable, and then only if she has a real good personality, but I figure, what the hell, may as well talk to her, noone else to talk to anyways. Ended up she was going the whole way I was, and farther, so I talked to her most of the way home, accused her of stalking me at one point, lol.

Tomorrow I'm going to talk to this girl I see in the hallway at school most mon/wed/fri. When I smile at her or say hi, she always returns it. I'd rate her a 9.5 out of 10. If I can bring myself to talk to her, I think I can do it for anyone.

3 Down

PS. If anyone has any trouble getting HB's to stand still, try public transportation, or common areas at your work/shool. Eg. Cafeteria areas at universities or malls.

Borgia

Don Juan
Reaction score
today i got two

first was in the morning. started talking to a girl in the uni cafe, for about 5 mins, she wanted me to close but i didn;t have the balls. Then, at the dining halls, i approached a girl, talked to her, sat next to her and got her number.

Later that night, i talked to some girls in a club whom i approached but iwasn;t totally sober so i am goin to rule that one out but at least i dd it - i wouldn;t have normally

So overall, i am pretty happy, my exams went well also so good days

I hate the drinking age in america

Borgia

Deathfyre

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 3, Day 3

So far today hasn't been bad. Talked to one girl on the way to school, she was about a 6. At lunch I was working on my homework assignment in the library, sitting near a HB 7.5. She was doing math 113 (the easiest calculus course here) so I gave her a hard time for that, she seems nice, she said her b/f is leaving on the 24th, so hopefully I run into her sometime around then, lol. Then on the way home from school, I ran into someone from one of my classes last year, she's kinda cute, high 7, apparently she had the biggest crush on me last year. So I brought her home, wrestled with her a bit, made out for a bit. Then she had to go cus she was meeting some friends. Anyways, 2 more today, this week is going pretty good so far. I didn't see that girl I mentioned in my last post today, probly see her monday.

5 down.

Borgia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Today, i wasn;t really feeling it. I had one conversation with this hb7, so thats ok - the prob is that the girls all want to know about me as i am from london and then often ask me where ihave travelled previously etc - i am well traveled so its all about me. I am gonna have to find a way to get them to talk about themselves, when i ask them questions, they simply move back to me.

Anyways, i have had 3 and on wed, i wasn;t trying due to studying for exams so really its been three in two days so i am quite happy - my confidence is also increasing although when i wake up in the mornings i am not up for it but i find hi'ing people is the best way to get my confidence up so i can start making the approaches. Anyhow, speak to you all later

Borgia

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 3 Day 3

0 again but i did say hi to an hb 9 that was sitting in traffic next to me.

Rahul

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 3 Day 2

Nothing...:(

Week 3 Day 3

I saw some chick sitting and reading this huge a$$ed book and sitting by herself, my approach was "hey, is that the bible?" she look up, laughed, and said "no" I said "good, because if it was I would have to save you from the evils of christianity..."

Saw some chicks sitting down at a table during dinner (2 HBs 7 and 8) so I went up and used the line I use most "hey can I sit here?" chatted them up, another one of their friends came (HB 8) and we talked and laughed and ate dinner for probably an hour.

So far I have 5 conversations with HB's, half way there.

Here's a tip for all the college guys, start eating all your meals with strangers. Stop sitting with the same people and start pushing yourself out of your comfort zone, it's a really easy way to get your BC quota and to meet a ton of new people. Plus it's really impressive when you walk up to a table full of HB's completely by yourself with "your balls in a wheelbarrow" and say confidently "this seat taken?" or "hey, can I sit here?"

Borgia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey all u guys

Went to a frat party tonight - full of girls - talked to a few but didn;t do as well as i would have liked and they were drunk so i am not counting it. It all went wrong at the end though when i found out that this one girl that i like has a boyfriend. I am gutted, i am so glad that i stopped myself developing oneitis with her but even so i am gutted, really pissed off - i really did like her

anyway

sorry for the rant, thanks for listening

Borgia

RawkinKaoticStyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
mind if i join yall, the boot camp i was posting at went dead

Reaction score
These boot camp posts are pretty cool. It seems like a tight way for yall to feed off each other's positives and negatives, and definitely learn somethin along the way.

Rahul, I REALLY like your table moves.

That's EXACTLY what i wanna start doin. Last year at school I was always cool with eating by myself or one of my regular guy friends, but not anymore. My problem is, I usually don't bother eating lunch (or am just not hungry) until my classes are over for the day sometime between 3 and 4 in the afternoon. By then, a lot of the eating area has cleared out and there are plenty of tables free so i feel like i shouldn't bother, or that i don't have a legitimate way to ask a girl if i could sit with her. But I definitely wanna start changing my eating patterns so it makes things easier for me, so it gives me kind of an initial excuse to start doing this.

There's just too many good opportunities here at school to pass up. If I could have the balls to go up and ask if i could sit and eat with a girl it would make my day. Plus, it's kind of an initial date right on the spot!

I would happy to take any advice or suggestions you have about your approaches doing this. I'm sure you can do it all times of the day too :cool: Thanks, peace.