Official: Boot Camp for the masses thread (beginning 10/01)

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1 Day 6

Well I passed 50 today. I only got 2 hi's but it put me up to 51. I will continue to do hi's tomorrow and then await week 2 on wednesday.

Borgia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 6 , week one

Today was a decent day, i said hi to seven girls bringing my tally up to 54 so well happy, also i left my comfort zone in saying hi to a girl in a group and also saying hi to a girl whom was walking right besides me.

I also realised what a confident smile will bring u as i got some hi's before i had the chance to say hi myself and also some great smiles from a distance. So i am really happy.

It wasn;t all good though, i should have started talking to this HB, there was context, oppurtunitiy, everything and i chickened out :(

Also should have gone up to two girls talking as again there was a context.

So real improvement and i feel my confidence growing - bring on week 2

Sir Lancelot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1 Day 6

Did about 11 Hi's today, and made lots of eye contact + smiling.

That leaves me with about 17 left. I'll do all the rest of them tomorrow and check back later.

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, my attempt to catch up with you guys in two and half day has failed horribly. I am coming to the close of an absolutely awful day.

(I am in Bangkok, btw)

Went out for a bit to drink, and as I was walking back to my guesthouse in the morning, some f*cking ladyboy prostitute squares up to me and tries to grab my balls. One minute later I discover my wallet is missing and (s)he is gone from sight.

Only thing in my wallet was all my money and my credit cards.

Spend an hour talking with the police, went to bed, got up three hours later and spent even longer doing the exact same thing with the "tourist police". :rolleyes:

And from there, it became a catch-22 in that I needed money to actually contact home to home money transferred but didn't have any. Christ, it's been an uphill battle today. Once the guesthouse owner heard I had all my money stolen (I had stayed there for five days on credit) he immediately demanded that I pay everything now, or leave. What? Stupid f*ck, you just lost a paying customer for another few nights, for no reason at all. He still has my baggage because I obviously couldn't pay him.

Anyway, got it sorted. My dad knows this tailor in bangkok who spotted me 200 dollars (to be transferred to the tailor's Danish account soon enough) and a farang travel agent spotted me 200 bath so I could call home and get the info for where to find him as well as getting out there.

Still haven't picked up my stuff yet as I wanted to find a new guesthouse, but it's raining like hell.

Crap day all in all, and dealing with all this with a hangover and three hours sleep didn't make it better. Needless to say, I have got no 'hi's' whatsoever today. I notice someone is starting bootcamp today, so maybe I should just join up there instead as I obviously can't catch up.

Stamina

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey people everyone is doing good.....i'm gonna finish by hi's and ec today ....its been going kinda slow but after yesterday things really started speeding up...i went out and just kept doing it and damn it feels good....i'm finding myself just naturally saying hi to every girl i pass now

well still got a good deal of work to do....19 more ec and about 20 more hi's so i'm off pzzzzzzzzzz

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dang B9 you have been through alot yesterday. I hope everything turns around for you. I understand that you cant finish week 1 with us especially since you started yesterday. Good luck if you are going to start boot camp this week.

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey we need like a roll call so there is some sort of idea who is doing the boot camp with us. So anyone who is doing it please post that you are even if you havent posted on this thread yet. Right now I have no clue how many people are doing it. I know its more than 1 ;)

Jango_Xavier

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A kiwi in a very bad disguise of a dutchman :P
Week 1 Day 7
LOL couldn't BC today b/c really fukking bad weather it was hailling and raining there was thunder and really windy too, but it doesn't matter much b/c im over my mark.
Im pumped up for tomorrow b/c Im goin too the airport again b/c of work for 3 days so I can BC really well.
Hope u guys r pumped too and don't forget too read week2 b/c its super important.
BTW where r u Silk + Mircophone fiend have u burned out again(u AFC's)hehe.

Jango_X

Evo

Don Juan
Reaction score
just wondering when will it be another boot camp cuz i want to be in it too but unfortunately u guys r on to the 2nd week :( but i wish u all luck

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1 Day 7

ARRRGGGHHH I got stood up again. Ok as I mentioned earlier, at the beginning of school i asked this chick to go out on a date and she happily accepted. Well she stood me up back then. So I nexted her. Well 6 weeks later I run into her again and she was all flirty and like hey we need to go out. So I thought well i got nothing to loose and asked her again. She said she would love to and so then I call her today to get directions and she cancels on me :mad: Stupid hooker. She said her grandparents and parents called her last night and said they were coming in town today so she has to sit around and wait for her. It would have at least been nice if she would have called me and canceled instead of waiting for me to call and looking like a Jackass :rolleyes: Anyway, I am supposed to play tennis with these two freshmen girls i met last wekk this thursday so we will see what happens there.

Also, so far today i only got 3 hi's and they were to guys that I was paired up with in a group project at school. Since I have over 50 anyway it doesnt matter.

Silk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Jango, still here :D ?

Went to some sort of antique store in another town with a friend. They had like jukeboxes, coke machines, and so on. We were all day just travelling, looking and joking around. Didn't do much bootcamping, one hi in the supermarket, didn't hi back, got a strange look.

B9, that's some nasty situation you got in man. I Hope you're allright now.

Tomorrow is Week 2! I wonder who's also starting Week 2.
I've got nothing planned tomorrow, except for the BC and a party tomorrow night. I'll go to the city, supermarkets, warehouses, university and look around and talk to people. I recommend reading Senor Fingers' Weapons of Mass Seduction, it's genius. It's very huge as well so you might just read the post about street approaches, which will come in handy for this week BC. Freestyling Street Approaches

Anyway, good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Silk

Deathfyre

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1, Day 7

Started the day off slow, only 2 hi's by the end of lunch break, but after my physics lab, on the way to the train, I said hi to pretty much everyone, probably around 45 people or so. Some of them looked at me funny, probably about half said hi back. So that puts me well over my 50 hi's for the week. And here I was afraid it would be hard to finish my last 20 today. All you gotta do is not care what anyone thinks, especially my poor friend walking along beside me horribly embarassed, lol.

Here's looking forward to week 2

Rahul

Don Juan
Reaction score
Update

I had 15 hi's yesterday and a few conversations, and 7 hi's today with even more. My total is up to 49. I hope I can get the rest done by tomorrow...

:eek:

Borgia

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got 6 hi's today and a few conversations - hit 60 - so alls good, good luck with week 2 everybody

Sir Lancelot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1 Day 7

Yay

I did about 20 hi's today. Last I recall, I needed 17, so I'm done with week 1. I'm still gonna do the Hi thing though (maybe 3, or 5 a day) because it's actually kind of fun and a great confidence boost.

I'm looking forward to week 2, good luck everyone!

Silk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 2, Day 1

Damnit, couldn't get to the city to do some boot camping. I went to a university building, walked around a bit, did a hi. Then I went back home to eat. Then my friend dropped by and we went to an open lecture in his art school. Got a hi there as well. We had a laugh and all but it sucks that I didn't get out to the city today. My friends don't know about sosuave and the BC. So when they drop by I'm not saying like I'm gonna get some convo's in the city today so I can't go with you. I said I had nothing planned so it's not like I had an excuse.

Well, the day isn't over yet. I got a party tonight and it's gonna be fun :D
I'm not gonna count any approaches in the club as part of the BC. The Week 2 convo's are more like cold approaches which I haven't done before. Tomorrow I'm gonna try again.

Silk

Last edited:

Jango_Xavier

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A kiwi in a very bad disguise of a dutchman :P
Week 2 Day 1
Hope u guys don't chicken out on me b/c im counting on u guys to finish BC.
B4 I start i'll tell u guys I was having my doubts abt today just b4 I left work to the airport plaza I was so fukking nervous I don't know what came over me.

Convo 1=Went looking for my uncle who's is a security guard I came across another and ask if he knows him which he did but he wasn't working, I though too self he's alright for my first victim I talked too him about where he lives, country, holidays, work family and all that stuff. Convo was abt 8-10mins.
Convo 2=I completey went out of my comfortzone and approached a group of 2 HBs in shop, I said I needed a females opinion abt birthday pres 4 friend and they were abit surprised, then they started talking about teddy bears on shelf and I thought I might aswell intro myself I asked "what r ur names" one
replied the other said "does that matter" (fukking slut im only
trying to (BTI)break the ice) then I put out my hand too other one and she said "there's no need" (fukking hoes im not trying too pick u up) so I bust the no name becth not very well but I busted here anyways, then I walked away.
Convo went on abt 4 mins.
Convo 3= Talked too old guy (50+) about where he's from, work, travel and other stuff. Convo was abt 4-5mins.
Convo 4= Talked too HB at chocolate store but not very long.
convo was abt 1 min
Convo 5= Talked to old guy on bus(50+) about work and where he lives only for a short time I had too get off bus it wasn't even 2 mins but close too.

I tried openers from BC articles but aren't gonna use anymore b/c ive got my own openers that I get better results in (its true what they say "u have too find ur own way of DJing b/c some things work better 4 others than some"

Convo's 2+4 don't really count b/c they wheren't abt other person.
So total covo tally is 3 down 7 too go.

To be honest I think 10 strangers not enough. B4 I forget I also got abt 15-20 hi's.

Jango out.:D

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude , what beotches!

Still you did just demonstrate that you've got what it takes to become a kickass DJ . Breat big pendulous cojones!! Seriously you did a cold approach with no context on on two girls , in like week 3 !?!?

I'm still scared doing that ****!

Last edited:

Rahul

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 2 Day 1

1. Talked to someone on the elevator this morning. I parked in the visitor parking lot because all the other lots were full. I looked at him, laughed, and said: "so are you a visitor?" he said "no, but man all the lots are full!" I said "I'm not a visitor either, but keep it quiet" and looked around to see if anyone was listening.

2. At breakfast this morning I saw a reasonably attractive girl sitting by herself next to the window (HB6) I went up to her and said, "hey, anybody sitting here?" she said "no" so I sat down. We had an interesting conversation over breakfast where we talked about what we wanted to do after college and I told her I wanted to become a plastic surgeon after med school and live the fast life in beverly hills, this got a good laugh out of her.

3. I ate lunch with these two philipino girls. Same thing, "hey, anyone sitting here?" made them laugh for awhile while I ate my lunch, then "nice talking to you" and left.

4. Same thing at dinner, sat down next to two HBs one was a 6 other was a 7. Entertained them for awhile. My friend comes to sit down because he was being a ***** and walking this girl to her car so he got to dinner later than I did. He thought the two girls were good friends of mine, that's how good it was going. I was introduced him to one of them, I looked at her and said "this is...." (because I had forgotten her name) She fills it in "Lisa" and her friend also repeats her name. He looks at me like WTF??? I just looked at him and said "I told you I do these things, but you didn't believe me..." The rest of dinner went very well and the girls really warmed up to me and my friend. One of them turned out to be on the college cheer squad (HB7) and I got her to promise to introduce me to the rest of the squad.

There were other various short conversations during the day, these just happened to be the most notable ones.