NHY's Boot Camp, Starting 3rd Feburary 2006: Anyone want in?

NHY

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have decided to do a Boot Camp, seeing that I would need it as a major help and as an incentive to get me going as I still seem to be going all wrong! :rolleyes:

The starting Date I have set for this is this Friday ( February 3rd, 2006 ) and if anyone is willing to do with me as well at the same time, then you are more than welcome to do so, either reply here or send me a PM, includes your aims if what you want to get out of this if you want to as well. Remember, being a DJ is more than just getting laid by HB10s all the time, its about making you the best you can be in all areas of your life.

You also be willing to post your progess at least ONCE A WEEK in an approicate topic. I will be doing likewise in journal form.

A possible extra incentive for anyone who wants to do a boot camp but hasn't up until now is that, I, the person who will be the ' ring leader ' , as such, am doing this as well, I am pretty much at nearly the same level as you are right now ( rAFC ) and I REALLY want to change! FEAR, put on me by my family, is what rules my life ( in more than just women ) and I'm sick of it!

Heres what I want to get out of it;

* To be able to do at least one action that I KNOW will annoy my family and not cave into thier gulit trips but hence, this will show them that I am INDPENDENT of them.

* I've never kissed a girl, you know, in the lips! They must change!

* Some of my college work is falling behind, I must catch up with it ALL by the end of the boot camp!

I have, however, secured a ' sponsor ' , as such. Someone who is more experinced than me and will overlook this whole thing. ethnomethodologist is his name, respect him! He knows what he is on about!

For anybody who wants to flame me because of my status, go ahead, you won't stop me! This boot camp is going ahead NO MATTER WHAT. Yes, I'm aware that theres another Boot Camp on at the moment but Mine will being indentifiable with the phrease ' NHY's Boot Camp '

Dustin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll do it too lol...but it'd be high school for me.

tosh

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like to do a boot camp but I need more specific targets. Like talking with X number of girls a day to try and get their numbers or something...

I need guidance!

I'm thinking 5 a day for a week would be a pretty big challenge for me.

GinandTonic

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah i'll definitely get in on this. i was actually gonna start my own BC thread for Feb 6, but there's not point if there's already one so close.

alright so my goals...

get over my approach anxiety and my reliance on alcohol when it comes to sarging.

get over my 'laziness' (i usually don't have too much trouble getting numbers, but i always find some sort of an excuse not to call. i definitely have to get over this).

and i don't really know how to put this one...i guess it's becoming a better conversationalist. i don't have any trouble vibing (or fluff talk, if you will) and keeping the conversation at an at least somewhat interesting level, but i do have troubles turning the conversation 'sexual', if that makes any sense.

i'm also gonna start up a journal/blog, so everyone can ride me if i start slacking.

that's it for now

varius

Don Juan
Reaction score
Count me in:)

I got problems with approaching, later when I know girl, even only a bit, it's no problem, but going to some unknown girl... brr:)

Second thing is laziness in everything... I need to get up and do something or I totaly lose will to do anything:/

skd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in!

goals:
improve approach and conversational skills
improve kino skills
just be all around more of a man

johnmich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
me too

i will do it beginning on the 3rd

p.power

Reaction score
Count me in,

i kinda started on my own last week but will restart with u guys

NHY

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by omyomar
kool man gl!
OK, does that mean are your in or not, I'd appricate clarification on that.

Anyways, this those who are in so far;

Dustin
GinandTonic
varius
tosh
skd
johnmich
p.power
JC9
stubbornlights

Also, I'll take onboard a suggestion by JC9 and clarify one thing for those who will be doing daily Journals especailly: Please post in your journals in to a single thread ( one will I start every week ) only! This way, the issue of an overflow of topics, and more importantly, flamewars & angry moderators is avoided!

*NB*Just in case for anyone who might not know, you will also need to download the bootcamp booklet ( Which can be gotten HERE ) to follow this camp. In fact, its essential! *NB*

Last edited:

stubbornlights

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeaah,
I'm in on this. I've been doing some stuff already, been out on a couple of dates, but it sounds like a good idea to have a schedule, a guideline that'll force me to progress. This is going to be fun!

Dustin

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is gonna be sweet... is there anywasy we can start tomorow...are you gonna give us our goals for the day or something like that.

NHY

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dustin
This is gonna be sweet... is there anywasy we can start tomorow...are you gonna give us our goals for the day or something like that.
I personally don't plan on starting till
Friday ( seeing that its the weekend! ) and I'm leaving this open to people until torromow. I'd prefer if everyone started at the same time as well, so please, be patient! ;)

As for goals, they are all contained in the boot camp, I think they will be quite enough for you ( and me, too ) to handle.

stubbornlights

Don Juan
Reaction score
IT'S TIME

IT STARTS.... right? Please someone get on this stuff so it picks up momentum. I'm excited.

tosh

Don Juan
Reaction score
quick question. Are we following the schedule in the boot camp documentation? i.e. no actual trying to pick up women this week? Or can we just do whatever we feel like?

I'd rather try and pick up women!

JC9

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tosh
quick question. Are we following the schedule in the boot camp documentation? i.e. no actual trying to pick up women this week? Or can we just do whatever we feel like?

I'd rather try and pick up women!
While doing the exercises in the boot-camp I am planning to stick to the lesson plan and not try to actively jump ahead. At least when out actively practicing.

It will probably be hard not to try and get numbers in the early stages but I think it will be more beneficial to discipline ourselves and really focus on each skill or principle one at a time.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in... Never done the bootcamp before, I always thought it was redundant.

I want to see what all the hubbub is about, should be interesting.

GinandTonic

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see why you should limit yourself. I mean, I'm not planning on actively going sarging this week (or any week until the BC calls for it), but I'm not going to consciously limit myself from talking to girls and trying to get their numbers.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Shezzler

I know you've got experience. Why not help us out a little here;)

What is the PURPOSE of the bootcamp?