NHY's Boot Camp, Starting 3rd Feburary 2006: Anyone want in?

JC9

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GinandTonic
I don't see why you should limit yourself. I mean, I'm not planning on actively going sarging this week (or any week until the BC calls for it), but I'm not going to consciously limit myself from talking to girls and trying to get their numbers.
I don't see it as really limiting myself.

I've found that when learning a new skill or sport that is really helps to focus on the basics early on and not try and jump ahead.

The results have always come faster for me that way, and I think applying the same logic to the bootcamp 'training' will be beneficial as well.

I already go out and get numbers on occasion, and am dating a few girls now as well. The bootcamp for me is more to get back to basics and improve my game all the way around, as it will improvement my interaction with my current girls and help me meet more.

Not saying everyong should limit themselves, but it has it's benefits.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Introduction to week 1

All right recruits, as your Drill Sergeant, I want to welcome you to the DJ Boot Camp. For the next eight weeks, you will be official property of the Don Juan Center. You will be undergoing intense, highly effective, drills and exercises that will have you becoming the DJ you've always wanted to be.

Okay, let's begin...

During this first week, we will work on establishing the foundation for our inner DJ personas. And the foundation for this is creating and conveying confidence. Fortunately for us, confidence is not something you are born with, but rather a skill that anyone, willing to put in the effort, can develop.

Like all Boot Camp lessons, there are two parts to this week's lesson. The first part is the reading material, and the second part is the exercises. It is recommended that you read the articles first, and perform the exercises afterwards, since in many cases the exercises utilise ideas and strategies discussed in the reading material.

Purpose of this lesson: Our goal for this week is to initiate the process of developing confidence, and work on methods for conveying confidence (direct eye contact and saying Hi to strangers).
Reading material

Article 1 - Lazy = Masturbation (by bondjamesbond)

The title says it all. Read to find out the mentality between those who are lazy and complain... and those who go out and actually do something (like all of us for going through this Boot Camp)!

Source: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16192

Since today is Labour Day, I think a few words might be in order regarding the pathetic lack of effort some of you (and you know who you are) are guilty of where it concerns meeting new women.

You say you want to meet girls. OK. But how hard do you try? I mean really try? I believe some of you approach maybe one to two girls a month, get blown off, get discouraged, go home and pout about it, then beat your meat. Do you honestly expect any success for being so lazy?

People that are good at things are dedicated to being the best. They're constantly looking for improvements. Take Tiger Woods.... Do you think he just got up one day and discovered that he had a great golf swing? Not hardly! The kid eats, drinks, and sleeps golf. He hits over a thousand balls a day in practice. His dedication has paid off.... He's the best there is! Eddie Van Halen once told someone that he went to bed with his guitar so he could start playing it as soon as he woke up. I could go on and on, but I think you get the drift.

Meeting women is no different; it takes work, dedication, and patience to get results.

Most of you don't want to disrupt your "balance". You get up, go to work/school, come home, get on the PC or watch TV, eat some dinner, go for a stroll at a mall, never approach anybody, go back home, get a shower, then go to bed with Miss Rosey Palm.

Does this sound like you? If so, then don't complain about being so alone. It's your own fault!

There was a time during my twenties when I approached over one hundred women a month! I didn't spend my spare time doing nothing, I wouldn't go to one store a day, I'd go to thirty! I loved it! Every second of it! Hell, even getting blown off was fun, as I'd get with my buddies later and swap "war stories" with them. We'd laugh our as*es off!

I loved going out with / banging multiple chicks at the same time. I think all young guys should. When I met my (future) wife I was seeing something like six different girls!

Unless you live in some remote wilderness, you have no excuse. Available women aren't going to come to your door, you have to get out there and find them!

Remember guys, someday a nursing home attendant is going to have to help you get up to take a pi*s so go have a blast while you're young!!

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Article 2 - Be a Man (by Pook)

What can I say about this post that hasn't been said before? Simply put... it's a work of art! This is the post that probably turned my whole foundation around when it came to becoming the DJ I always wanted to be. A definite must read as you begin your Boot Camp training!

Source: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16903

There is a prize to the person who correctly answers this question, “What is a Man?”. When asked what they want in a guy, women say simply, "a man!" But, alas! Real men are becoming more and more sparse these days. Women are tired of the sensitive wimps who have no backbones. One woman even wrote a song about the subject, "Where have all the cowboys gone?"

So what is a Man? How should he act? Decades and centuries ago, the question was nonsense. But today in our feminised culture (this may be more in America then in other countries), most of us have been raised to believe that there is something inherently wrong with being a man and acting the way how a man should act. No wonder males don't know how to act around women! No wonder websites like these exist!

Indeed, I embarked on this mystery to find out the answer to this question. Several women were bunched up in a group, gossiping and yapping about cute boys, fashion, relationships ie nothing. This behaviour extends to all women of all cultures (and also different animal species. Cows group together and moo and gnaw on grass and take notice of bulls brave enough to approach the group).

I approach. "How are you, ladies!! I am the Pook."

A woman squeals. "Oh! It's a Pook!" The others squeal in unison.

Once the ladies calm themselves after being in the presence of a Pook, I ask them, "Ladies! Do tell me, what do you define as a Man?"

With devilish tongues, the women answer:

"A Man is someone sensitive to me."
"A Man is the guy who will take care of my needs."
"A Man is the one that is in tune with my feelings."
"A Man is one who doesn't have an ego."
"A Man is the guy who will sit and watch chick flicks all day with me."
"A Man is the guy who will go shopping with me."
"A Man is the guy who will share all his feelings with me."

Such are the common answers! The males listen and actualise what the women say. They are constantly declared 'sweet' and 'wonderful' and 'nice', oh 'so nice'. Mothers and older women are proud of them and tell them, "If I were younger, I would go for you!"

Poor Nice Guy! The women his own age avoid him like the plague and jump for the jerks. The Nice Guy becomes an emotional tampon to be used and discarded. The Nice Guy, being so nice and sweet, listens to the woman vomit her feelings about men and bleed her problems of her boyfriend on him. He listens with baited hope when he hears, "Oh, why can't guys be like you! You listen and understand." Then she turns around and gets abused by another jerk! The vicious cycle repeats again and again.

Why are women acting in this way?

They are simply acting as women do, as in their nature. The problem is not with them, it is with guys. We are afraid to embrace our nature, that of being a Man. Being in a culture that sees Manhood as predatory and oppressive and uncouth, we cover it up within ourselves. By doing so, we hide our sexuality. (Sexuality! Do I mean rock hard abs and rippling muscles? That is not what women find sexy [it's a contributing factor, not the core]. A type of personality is what women are looking for. Someone they can depend on [has backbone], someone who will be successful [has ambition], and someone who is decisive [has charge]. Nice guys have no backbone because they think women are frail things that will break in confrontation; nice guys reveal no ambition because they fear being seen as arrogant to women; nice guys are afraid to be decisive for fear of being seen as 'oppressive'.)

Two poles of thought men drift into: the Nice Guy and the Jerk. Both blame the other.

"You ruin the women with your lack of commitment and unappreciative nature," says the Nice Guy.

"You spoil the women with your endless listening ear and stupid caring attitude," replies the Jerk.

The two endlessly war. Those on the sidelines have their own conclusions. One side says, "The Jerk is the way to go. Ceaseless sex! Evolution demands it." The other side says, "The Nice Guy is the way to go. Glorious relationship! Society demands it."

But the two still argue.

"You cause the women to think they are in control," says the Jerk.

"Ahh, but you cause the women to think all men are scum," replies the Nice Guy.

Is there not an end to the Nice Guy vs. Jerk debate? Are these the only choices?

The Cycle

The Nice Guy emerges. He is tenderised and wants to shout in every woman's ear "I will not abuse you. I am sweet and good. Based on that alone you should date me." When the Nice Guy talks to the girl on a date, *poof*, the date turns into Oprah. "Oh, my life has been SO downhill from here," the Nice Guy whines. "My little girly car was slashed, I failed my classes, but because of you this day has been so much better." Then the Nice Guy goes, "Let me tell you my life story. My birth was long, hard, and painful for my mother..." Our culture has become so feminised that the Nice Guy thinks it is proper to vomit his feelings and emotions all over the place. (It's gross!) Women, rightfully, run for the hills when they hear your declarations of love.

The Metamorphosis comes. The Nice Guy eventually realises what all the ladies want, becomes bitter, and changes himself into a Jerk. His goal now is to sleep with as many women as possible and figure out all the tricks and tactics to do so. He focuses on calculation rather then natural joy. When a woman comes, he pulls out a chart of all the 'moves' and 'tactics' with arrows and patterns. He unleashes his laptop, accesses a Lay Guide, and reviews his strategy. Time passes and once was fun becomes meaningless.

Back to being nice. He sees it now as turning on Nice Guy or turning on Jerk. "Why can't I just be myself!?" he soon thunders at Reality.

Just be a Man! There is no need to reprogram yourself. You will have the interests you have, the hobbies you have, the body you have, but you can easily become a MAN. It is all simply in how you think and as you think you shall become. But what is Man? Shall we have the answer? Here it is:

A Man is a guy who is not scared of his testosterone!

A Man follows the passion in his life. Passion of women? Of course not. A Man has goals and desires that go above that of chasing chicks. After childhood, there are true winners and losers in life. A Man desires to be the winner. A Man wants to win in what he does. Because of his passion, a Man can sometimes come off as arrogant and egotistical. He does not apologise for this or for his desires.

"It is your actions that cause the disgrace of Men," says the Nice Guy.

"It is yours," replies the Jerk.

No, gentlemen, the disgrace of men is in not embracing your true nature: following your passion and, thus, loving life. Women are to enhance your life, not to be your life. So to the Nice Guy, stop placing your happiness on getting a girlfriend. To the Jerk, quit wasting your life on seduction. Don't spend your time chasing girls; invest it by putting it into your interests and desires, thus the whole of your life.

When you do this, all of a sudden you have what every woman wants: Ambition, charge, decisiveness, backbone, kindness, stableness, and confidence.

I want you to read what a women posted as what SHE thought was a great guy. (Focus on what I put in bold)

"Qualifications of a great guy"

1) Physical

A bit athletic so he's in shape and a good complexion (If he can help it). Very focused, intelligent eyes that pay attention to whoever deserves it. Hair that can be tossed, and a relaxed, but tidy wardrobe.

2) Emotional

His attitude has got to be mostly deterministic and level-headed. If crappy stuff happens to him...he should roll with the punches and learn from it. If he ends up doing crappy stuff then he should get up, brush off and be a better guy the next time round.
* He must also have deep convictions: he should NEVER give up his ideals or morals for anything.
* I know it sounds cheesy, but he must be respectful to his mother (it reflects character)...even if she is witchy like some moms these days.
* And of course: sense of humour, artistic, and an awesome boyfriend.

3) Social

A great guy is the one who offers the girls a chair, opens doors etc. (But isn't a total flirt--he just considers it his duty.)
* A guy should clean up his language around girls.
* He should stand up for people who are being bashed in conversations. That's important to us girls b/c backstabbing is common among us--and we really notice when somebody isn't a gossip.
* And my personal thing is that he should be the guy who "could" be the centre of attention...but he prefers to hang out with the few guys in the back who are his genuine friends.

Phew...I hope this helped a bit. Physique: as long as it's within the usual bounds is pretty much unimportant.
If you want to get a really great girl...start working on your character and self-control - (not because it's you, but because those two things are really uncommon these days) - because a great girl is one who's been working on that already and she'll recognize it in you.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A Man has character and deep convictions. He has passion in life about something. It is this passion that transforms his life, gives him confidence, and gives him joy. It is this passion that will give you that right mindset for you have goals and dreams that go beyond chicks.

Remember, if you cannot command respect, you cannot attract love. If you cannot be respected, women will ignore you and / or abuse you.

Once upon a time, there was a little boy who was scrawny, cried easily, and was a total wuss. At the age of ten, his father looked down at him disapprovingly. "You are such a wimp!" he scolded at his son. The boy cried but eventually discovered what was wrong with him. He worked out, studied, and utilised himself. He went around the world in the most ferocious quests. He became strong and powerful. He entered politics and became an unstoppable force. He would be shot when giving a speech, but he would pull himself back up to continue the speech!

He was President Teddy Roosevelt, one of the more significant characters in America. If that little wimpy boy could become such a character, anyone can be a Man.

What do guys today do? We try to hide our strength and express our 'femininity'. Take an example of guys: early on in a relationship, they will show how 'great' they are by cooking for the woman!

As Anti-Dump said:

Real men are not available. They are climbing mountains. They are swimming across rivers. What are you doing? Making spaghetti?!

A Man,

Does not go through life walking on eggshells.

Nice Guys think, "Does she like me? How do I get her to like me?" Good guys think, "Should I like her? Should I go for her?" The Good guy doesn't think about the girl's interest until they're dating. The Good guy looks at all the girls and takes what he wants.

Focuses on his dreams.

No, this does not include the chick. You must have passion for something in life, something you even want to do for the rest of your life. Your romantic life is an echo of your regular life.

Does not apologize for his testosterone, for his desires.

"Oh, I am so sorry, ladies! I am afflicted with this disease known as M.A.L.E. It is natural for me to glance at you, your oh so curvaceous body. I am soooo sorry. Please, please forgive me!"

Would a WOMAN apologize for her feminine acts? So why should YOU apologize for your masculinity?

Tries to always win in what he does. (After childhood, there are real winners and losers in life.)

Men build towers; women build webs. If you aren't constructing your tower or aren't even planning it, why should she cast her web at you? If you want worthy chicks, you, yourself, must strive to become worthy.

Has deep convictions that allow him to be a possible leader.

This is crucial because one day you will become the leader of your own household. Yes, we talk of 50/50, of everything being equal, but Nature's laws surpass that of Humans. Women naturally submit and nurture, Men naturally lead and provide.

If you were a woman, would YOU want a Nice Guy in charge of your household? Or would you want A MAN?

Seeks to solve problems then to place blame.

If there is a problem, you solve it. You do not go, "Oh, BOO HOO! This was because of HIM." A woman naturally wants a guy who deals with problems, not pass them along. (Would you want that in your woman? Of course not!)

Sees failure as only a temporary setback to the inevitable.

Statistically, you're more likely to be REJECTED then to be ACCEPTED. So how do you become more and more accepted and have lots of girls? It is when you increase your trying so much that the accept ion rate satisfies you and you don't notice the rejections.

Napoleon Hill's book interviewing extremely successful people, these men of destiny did not let failure destroy them. Indeed, Napoleon concludes that Destiny puts out these trials and failures to test the men if they are proper and fit for their role in shaping history.

Knows where he is going in Life.

True seduction isn't calculation or painful discipline, it is the same as with everything that makes a success: A Passion for Life.

Never loses his passion, for that would be the death of his soul.

Nice Guys hate bachelorhood. They hate, hate, hate it so very much. Some even wish for the old days of arranged marriages so they wouldn't have to put up with all of the games.

Jerks love bachelorhood so much they can't see anything else in life. While women love guys that can get women, jerks offer nothing worthwhile in the long term.

Alas, the women always try to change the Jerk but never the Nice Guy. Why? Because a Man is strength and a Jerk displays strength on some level. Nice Guys never do.

Never feels he has to prove himself to anyone.

Flowers, candy, poetry all can be good additions to a relationship, but so many nice guys use them to buy the relationship as if they must prove themselves. They flood with the poor woman with gifts to show they mean it.

So away with the flowers, those dead plants as tokens of affection. Away with the chocolate, the candy, and sweets, those sugary pursuits to purchase love. Away with the poetry, those rotten verses of declarations of love. Away with the quest to prove yourself and let her prove herself to you for you are the Don Juan.

Be a Man! And with it, you will advance in your career, your social life, and even your dealings with women. Men are very rare these days so if you become one, you will be in HIGH demand. Your career will become better as people look at you as a leader. Life will re-develop before your eyes for you will obtain the most single quality that men, not trophy husbands, not nice guys, not tactful players, but men have a monopoly on: Respect.

YOU are the MAN! For if you don't STAND for something, you shall FALL for everything!

Article 3 - To Anyone Who Lacks Confidence (by Nine Breaker)

A practical discussion on how to generate confidence. A very useful read at this stage in the Boot Camp.

Source: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16193

By now you will have heard that confidence is the single most important thing you need when you try to meet and keep a woman. You have heard it over and over, but you cannot find it in yourself. You are puzzled, and then you become sad. The one thing everyone says you need, you can't find. You know you need it. You scream out "Where can I find my confidence?!" Is it behind the fridge? Did I leave it on the bus?

You are asking the wrong questions.

What is confidence? It is a belief in yourself that you are capable of doing what you want or need to do. It is tightly tied with self-esteem and self-worth.

Now you know what it is, you can ask the big question you must have answered. "How do I get it?"

Confidence is an attractive trait to have, but many people doubt themselves. They think to themselves "I can't get confidence. I can't do anything right." They become less and less familiar with confidence and lose sight of the big picture. They think negative. If they can think positive then they can feel better about themselves, but their minds tell them they have no good things to think about, and that they never will. If these people try hard they can think of good things they have done in the past when they were very happy, and start to think positive. Then they begin to have faith in themselves, and they slowly gain confidence. finally they have a chance to go out and make more good things happen to themselves and feel even better and even more confident. Once you start to feel confident you have to use it straight away, or it will disappear before you can benefit from it.

Some people can't do it. They try and try, but can't find any happy memories. They begin to ask if there's another way - they ask "Do we need confidence? I've never been happy with myself!" There is another way to do it. These people can try to stop worrying about their bad memories, and not worry about trying to find a woman to have all their fun with. These people only need to have fun. They need to make themselves happy. A fun person is also attractive to other people. They may not be confident, but they are having fun. They get happy experiences. They can think positive. All of a sudden, they realise they have happy memories, and can think positive, and can get their confidence!!

What sort of a person are YOU? If you are not confident in yourself, you can MAKE yourself confident. NOBODY ELSE CAN MAKE YOU CONFIDENT. YOU MUST DO IT ON YOUR OWN. When you try to do it, you have already started to win.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Article 4 - Kill that desperation! (by Pook)

Another Pook classic! You want to be a DJ... then you must acquire the mentality of the DJ! Become the Great Catch.

Source: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16926

Being a Don Juan is not a net sum of smooth manoeuvres and methods but of your own outlook on the world and on women. Anyone can memorise 'techniques', but few can change how they think. Women will be able to sniff out the former. But with the latter, women will be clawing each other for you.

A Don Juan is a state of mind, not a list of methods and tricks.

This must be stated because it brings us to the subject of 'desperation'.

In the end, we are all desperate with desire. We wouldn't be looking for tips and answers if we did not desire a girlfriend or multiple girlfriends (being a bit ambitious, aren't we?). We all want a woman (or women!), but our desire and feelings brings out the desperation traits within us.

Where I work, I ask the women why they found a co-worker to be so desperate. Here are some of their answers:

* Always giving the women attention.
* Calling all the time (and calling immediately once getting the number, immediately returning a call, etc.)
* Taking every opportunity to talk to them (and telling everything about yourself)
* Always available.
* NEVER willing to walk away (NEVER willing to disagree, ALWAYS supplicating).
(etc)

What theme can we find in the above? It is that the man puts the woman on the pedestal rather then himself.

Imagine if a woman did all of the above to you. Imagine if a woman was obsessed with you, always calling you, always available, and always spending her free time for your. Any interest you had for this woman would soon evaporate. Why? Because in your own mind you are thinking two things: "No one else must want her," and "If I can get her obsessed about me, I know I can get better girls to be interested in me." Her desperation is turning you off. The same is true for women.

Women are not attracted to desperate men. Period. I've told my co-worker this and his response: "Well, that is just who I am." Eventually, he will realise that the only common denominator in his pattern of crash and burns will be him. So if anyone has told you that you're desperate, consider that it is true.

There is a key to removing desperation forever. There is no simple 'trick' that will kill the desperation. It will not be in how you dress, how you talk, or where you go for dates. No, the key is in how you think.

The key to killing desperation (and attracting crowds of women) is to think and believe that you are The Great Catch.

Desperate guys do not do this. They see the woman as the prize rather then themselves. They see that the woman must be 'wooed' rather then them. They will, thus, supplicate and become a 'nice guy'. (And nice guys finish last.)

If you start treating a woman like precious gold, she will believe she is gold. And once she believes it, she will DUMP YOU because you have given her the sense that she is better then you. Once she thinks that, she will want to REPLACE YOU with someone better, because you have given her reasons to believe that YOU ARE UNWORTHY OF HER GREATNESS.

After all, if we think we can find someone better, we will. This holds true for both men and women. The last thing we want is to settle for a mate when we could have gotten better. (This is why the element of challenge is so important in the Dating Game.)

The lesson: DON'T GIVE HER A REASON TO THINK SHE IS BETTER. You are the gold; she should be thrilled just to have A CHANCE with you.

The first step in becoming the Prince Charming every woman dreams of is to THINK OF YOURSELF AS A PRINCE.

When you believe you are that prince, that you are The Great Catch, all the 'desperation' signs you were emitting vanish and an aura of attraction will surround you. Combine this manner of thinking with all the Don Juan skills you know, and you will become irresistible.

Let us look at the desperation signs again:

Always giving the women attention.

Now that you're The Prince, you don't have time to give women attention. A Prince is kind, ENTHUSIASTIC, smiling, yet YOU have things to do. A Prince's time is precious. A woman must win your attention; you shall not give it to them.

Calling all the time (and calling immediately once getting the number, immediately returning a call, etc.)

The Great Catch simply CANNOT call all the time because he has tons of other numbers. The Great Catch is not competing for a particular girl. The girls, rather, are competing for him.

Taking every opportunity to talk to them (and telling everything about yourself)

Why would Prince Charming tell everything about himself to a woman? No, the woman must JUSTIFY HERSELF to him because YOU ARE THE GOODS. The Prince would reveal things about himself only as a reward. The woman loves the mystery in this and sees knowing the Prince as peeling layers of an onion, knowing him GRADUALLY.

Always available.

The Great Catch is busy with many women! She must fight for your time, NOT the other way around.

NEVER willing to walk away (NEVER willing to disagree, ALWAYS supplicating).

Prince Charming wouldn't accept ANY disrespect from any woman. If a woman gave him such disrespect, he WALKS AWAY. The Prince KNOWS all these women want to be with him so he can eject at any time.

Now, I know what you're thinking, "Pook, I can't act like a Prince Charming or The Great Catch. I DON'T have tons of women after me." This is reversing CAUSE and EFFECT. ASSUME you are the Great Catch, THINK that you are, and as you think you shall become. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Treat your hobbies as if they have more value then the women do (or treat your hobbies as if they WERE other women). When you think you are the Great Catch, you will act like it and the women will KNOW that you are.

Women love certain traits in guys. By THINKING you are The Great Catch allows you to emit these traits NATURALLY and without any effort.

Good looks

You cannot change your genes. But you can change the way that you treat those genes. Does Prince Charming wear raggedy T-shirts? Does the Great Catch walk with his head down? NO! You will wear nice clothes and walk with pride BECAUSE you are proud of yourself. After all, you ARE one of the best. So treat yourself accordingly.

Anyone can wear a suit. But few can wear a suit proudly. Few can wear a suit that seems to fit them naturally and creates an aura of importance. Good carriages, excellent threads, are the CONSEQUENCE by how you think of yourself. Women know this and are the reason why you are judged by these criteria.

Humour

Girls LOVE humour. Prince Charming and the Great Catch are funny because they know that they, themselves, are fun. They don't worry, "My goodness, she is really cute! How can I attract her!?" They ASSUME she will be attracted and they have fun in the meantime.

Don't be shy. Let your personality SHINE. When you think you are the Great Catch, this should come more naturally because you have nothing to fear.

Dominance

You are THE MAN. You must be IN CHARGE. Desperate guys will try to be 'nice' in every which way to win the girl (and fail, of course). But Prince Charming and the Great Catch will SWEEP WOMEN OFF THEIR FEET. When you THINK you are the goods, you realise that it is ridiculous to treat a relationship and flirting as walking on eggshells. YOU set the rules, NOT the other way around. After all, YOU are the prize to be sought.

Look at the soap operas and romance novels for grounds of this. Women like to be in the presence of a MAN, not a boy, not a chump, and certainly not a 'nice guy'.

Dominance is also being sure of yourself. Do not speak in a soft tone. Speak STRONGLY and behave STRONGLY. After all, do you think Prince Charming worries about making mistakes? No, so neither should you.

I know, I know. I can hear you saying, "But I must worry about mistakes or else I'll have another 'learning experience' on my hands."

This is a GOOD THING. Let us say that, in a normal conversation, you came across a word you did not know how to pronounce. Most people will utter the word softly for fear of criticism. This is stupid. Say the word LOUD! Let me repeat, say the word LOUD! If you are wrong, you will be corrected. Clearing up mistakes is ALWAYS a good thing and should NEVER be feared.

The same applies with dating. Do not date with hesitation and shyness; date with all conviction. Remember, the biggest risk you can take in life is not to take any risks at all.

Ambition

When you think yourself as The Great Catch, you KNOW women are not the priority of your life. After all, the Great Catch knows he can get any woman whenever he wants. When you feel good about life, you cease to fear success and demand Life show all that it has. Aim for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars.

So in the end, too often men think they need a girlfriend to have their life 'complete'. The consequence is that these men will emit signs of desperation. Success is achieved first through the mind, then through the world, never the other way around.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Article 5 - Eye Contact and why it's important (by Surfboard)

Why the heck is eye contact important anyway? Well aside from being an aide to displaying confidence and to show a person that you are interested in them, studies have actually proven that extended eye contact releases chemicals that simulate and initiate the feelings of falling in love. Read for more information, and for ways to use this to your advantage.

Source: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16992

I always hear people saying, "make eye contact," or "look into her eyes." My question was always...WHY? What good does it do? I'd hear things like, "it shows her you're confident," or "the eyes are the window to the soul." OK.... whatever that's supposed to mean. So, I pretty much didn't consider eye contact that big of a deal.

Then one day I found this article and my question was finally answered.

EYE CONTACT:

Direct eye contact triggers a primitive part of the human brain. Unrelenting eye contact creates a highly emotional state similar to fear.

When you look directly and potently into a woman's eyes, her body produces chemicals like phenyl ethylamine, or PEA, that jolts the sensation of being in love.

To give the woman the subliminal sense that the two of you are already in love, dramatically increase your eye contact while the two of you are talking.

Push it up to 75 percent of the time or more if you want to get the PEA gushing through her veins.

Test time:

This sounded pretty interesting to me, so it was time to put it to the test.

So, one night I head out to the local strip club. I told myself that I would hold constant eye contact with one of the girls during a table dance.

The first couple of dancers wouldn't hold eye contact with me. Maybe they were just shy or something. Then I finally got one who held it with me throughout the whole song.

Other than a nice body, I had no interest in this girl at all. About half way through the song, I start getting butterflies inside of my stomach. I don't know what effect it had on her, but by the end of the song, I felt a sense of being in love with her.
I'M NOW CONVINCED!!

So, get out there and focus on this eye contact. I know it's hard, but force yourself to hold eye contact for 75% of your conversation.

Also, give her a slight smile and a little head tilt. This way she won't get all freaked out by you. She'll get the feeling that you're truly interested in her.

Article 6 - Successful eye contact (by Take No Dirt)

Okay, you've initiated eye contact... what do you do now so that she doesn't think your a psycho for staring?

Source: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16730

As DJs, one of the most difficult things to do is to make good eye contact with women. (Natural shyness is the reason. Also, we've been told that staring at someone is considered rude.) We tend to make fleeting eye-to-eye contact and then we glance away or look down.

Here's a way to make consistent contact with her eyes. Start at the very top of her head. When she looks at you, move your eyes quickly downward and lock gaze with her. When she looks away momentarily, bring your head right up to her top of head level.

When she looks into your eyes again, you swiftly lower your eyes once more to connect with her eyes. In other words, your eyes are scanning from the top of her head to her eye level and back to the top of her head.

To complement eye-to-eye contact, you could say to her "You know what? I've been noticing and admiring your wonderfully done hairstyle. You did a splendid job there." She will smile and blush.

Article 7 - Ways to make your self more attractive (by Quietstorm)

An interesting discussion on clothing, and how to dress properly. In addition to looking more appealing to girls, a change in wardrobe is one of the easiest things you can do to change your own outlook on things, and to increase your self-confidence.

Source: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16520

In trying to meet chicks, I have found that a good method is to do stuff that is out of the ordinary. For instance, always have one thing that you do differently than other guys. For me, I love to wear jewellery.

Save some cash and spring for like a Movado watch. (200-300 bucks) I have had so many girls say that they love that and they realise that since you have the means to buy stuff like that, they will become interested. They love jewellery and they are constantly asking me if I could buy them some, and I love to say, well if you were my girl I would buy you stuff like that...they love it!

I have also found that a cool pair of shoes that are shiny looking can really get a girl to notice you, I guess its that they love shoes so that they can check you out when you are wearing yours, and the best thing I have found is to act as if, just like on the movie Boiler Room, act as if you have a nine inch co*k, and don’t take crap from them.

If you get rejected, screw it, and just go to the next one.

Walden suggests that you also read this article on smiling before attempting week one:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=298315
Music Picks

Every week for the first few weeks there will be a list of songs to get you into the theme of the lesson – They were picked by a guy whose nickname is TheRockStar. Downloading these songs will probably earn you a subpoena from the RIAA, so I thank God I’m Welsh.

Bette Davis Eyes - Duets Soundtrack

Beautiful Stranger - Madonna

Blue Eyes - Elton John

Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes

Start Me Up - Rolling Stones
Exercises

Okay, so you've read the posts above, and you're ready to get started with the exercises. Great!

For this week's lesson, your mission is to go out into any setting where there are a large amount of people, and practice establishing eye contact, as well as to approach strangers with a simple "Hi" or "Hello." Here are the specifics...

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exercise 1

In two separate outings, each lasting one hour in length, you will go about establishing eye contact with strangers.

A fun way to go about doing this is to walk around in a mall or in a park and look people directly in the eyes as they are walking towards you. You will find that most people will not look at you in the eyes, but for those who do look you in the eye, you will want to practice looking in their eyes at least one second longer than they look into yours, this denotes confidence. To create the impression that you are friendly and approachable, you will want to match the eye contact with a genuine smile.

You can practice eye contact on just about anyone you see, male or female, young or old. But since the eventual goal of this Boot Camp is to acquire women, you will want to spend at least some of your time establishing eye contact with attractive girls.

Exercise 2

A confident person has no problem saying Hi to a stranger, and since the first part of this Boot Camp is geared toward building confidence, the goal of this exercise is to go around and say Hi or Hello to a total of 50 strangers during this week. Again, you can say Hi to any person you see, but since eventually your goal will be to get girls, you will want to practice saying Hi to attractive girls. Also, when greeting strangers, practice doing so with a smile and have fun.

And to save time, feel free to combine exercises 1 and 2 together, so that you can go about greeting your 50 strangers during your eye contact outings (e.g. Establish eye contact, smile, and say Hi when you are within speaking range).

After completing this exercise (no later than April 28 - one week from today), post your results on the response thread (link at the top of the lesson). Share with the rest of us anything interesting that happened, and what emotions you may have felt (excitement, nervousness, joy, etc.), as well as what you thought of this first lesson.

Good luck recruits!

NHY

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why I didn't I think of posting the lesson here? Silly me! :kick:

Ah well, I'll do that next week.

Welcome aboard, Mr Shezzler. Thanks for helping out, even if its only in a small way.

Ah, Just as I start, I got a touch of socio - phobia, seems like I'm going to need to to strech my comofrt zone quite a bit to be succesful.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you know it's there, it just makes it all the more exciting when you know it's not even an obstacle to your life any more.

You see the 'comfort zone' as a barrier, something you have to 'break.'

That is wrong though, your only staying in your zone, your not going to make any goals if you don't cross over the centre line.

LOL, well you can always go for full court throws and hope for a miracle, or shoot down the ice and hope the goalie gets clumsy, I've seen soccer goalies score against the opposite side. There are always frewak chances you can succeed.

What we are looking for is to learn how to make these 'freak' chances, not so freaky anymore;)