http://www.imageweb.info/viewimage.php?file=/images/cds50142.jpg
http://www.imageweb.info/viewimage.php?file=/images/rKk50215.jpg

And here's a GIF ROFLLOLMAO (worth the wait)! [FIXED]:

http://www.imageweb.info/viewimage.php?file=/images/UmC50685.gif

STARTING POINT: Saturday, MARCH 05

Weight: 123 lbs

Height: 5'11

My goal: "Bulk up"

System: What skinny guy offers on his free website & advice from this forum.

Meals: About 4-5

Supplements: Creatine Monohydrate (& whatever I can buy as time progresses, will post updates)

Routine:

Tuesday: legs, abs
Thursday: chest, shoulder, triceps, abs
Saturday: back, biceps, abs

Not familiar with the weights / name of the activities. Will see tomorrow.

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Edits:

STARTING POINT: Tuesday, MARCH 08

OK, it's 11:09 AM and just got back from the gym. I really liked this place. It's not expensive at all, and it's freakin' huge and has alot of stuff to offer, including personal trainers.

Got there and shared my routine with the trainer. Since I have very little prior physical experience he thought it was a good idea to gain some resistance and get my muscles ready by doing a week of cycling (meaning doing all the muscle sets on machines every day for a week).

Today I got my ass handed to me by the machines - hahaha.

By next Tuesday I'll promote to my routine in machinery, and then Tuesday after that it's free weights and real gains.

Figured it would be a good ideia to get myself ready and sacrifice hard gains for a while in order to not risk serious tissue or joint damage.

Patience is key...

Ideas?

Man, I'm gonna keep a huge grin all day, all week. :D

Also, my creatine expired. Is it a problem using it after it's expire date?

K THNX BYE.

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll be posting what I do at the gym when I get to free weights in a couple of weeks. Right now it's really basic stuff just to gain resistance.

But I will share what I've been eating:

Yesterday:

Meal 1:
3 chicken bread rolls
2 eggs
1 glass of milk

[WORK OUT]

Meal 2:
2 eggs
Rice /w carrots, green beans & tomatoes
Little piece of pork
1 Glass of milk

Meal 3:
Apple
1 glass of milk

Meal 4:
Chocolate yum....
Sandwich containing hamburger, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo & cheese.
1 glass of milk

Water consumed: ALOT

Today [Wednesday]:

Meal 1:

2 eggs
1 ham sandwitch
1 glass of milk
1 teaspoon of olive oil

SexayManDotCom

Don Juan
Reaction score
If your taking supplements which you mentioned you were doin creatine.....try gettin Phosphagen HP creatine, and No-Explode.

Phosphagen HP is one of the best(Some say the best creatine) and only like $20.

The No-Explode is Nitric Oxcide which gives you more strength, endurence, stamina, and allows you to burn out harder and longer. It's a lil more expensive like $45 but damn worth it.

Since you are a skiny guy you might wanna think about Protien that will give you some weight while helping you build faster.

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks.

I'll look for those supplements, just waiting for some money to come along.

I'm still trying to get my meals worked out. Today being second day I'll try to get more meals in.

So far:

Today [Wednesday]:

Meal 1:
2 eggs
1 ham sandwitch
1 glass of milk
1 teaspoon of olive oil

[WORKOUT]

Meal 2:
1 fried egg
many hotdogs /w tomato sauce & onions
Rice
1/4 glass of milk

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah man thats alright, do it step by step, but do it =]

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
He said "no" to heavy weights...

OK, here's the deal.

I need some advice.

WEEK 1 one of gaining resistance is over, so now I planned to start my real work-outs.

Today was the first day & my trainer got me real confused.

I got there, all happy and everything that I would finally be able to start bulking and put on major mass, went up to my trainer and said "Let's begin!"

So then I told him that I wan't to "bulk", lift heavy weights so it's like about 4-6 reps.

He immediately gets a "WTF" look on his face and tells me that's only for professional body builders. Saying that I need to go slow, because the muscles can take it but the nervers/joints can't.

So today (Tuesday), I did chest, biceps & legs, but with moderate weights (3sets 10 reps) and with mostly machine work -- because my trainer says that it's better at the time being...

"It'll take about three months for you to really get at it."

Is he completely fvcked up or is there a basis on what he's saying?

[Oh... and after that first little week I'm already seeing small differance. :D]

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He knows what he's saying, especially since you've never worked out heavy before. Give it a couple of months to get used to the workouts and sh1t. After getting the feel for everything just ditch the trainer.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really think "Months" is way too much. Give it a couple of times (2-3) on each exercise in your plan... starting at maybe 12-15 reps, and decreasing the reps a little while increasing the weight. Get your body used to it a bit... then you can pretty much go into it.

Looking at your pics... heavy for you isn't gonna be too bad, and even though you have to listen to yourself... putting on 110 lbs on the bar will not kill you.

Seriously... "heavy" in this context for you will probably be around 95 - 100 lbs... for bench, and that'll be after 2 weeks or so.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even if you use light weights, go with free weights so you can develop your stabilizers and synergists.

D'light

Don Juan
Reaction score
i have three words for you..then some rationale, EAT B!TCH EAT! i was your size about two years ago. you wont go anywhere unless you work it into your schedule. you must stay consistant. also, i eat about six meals, my smallest one probably being the size of your largest according to what you have said. i tried what your doing in high school with lousy results. then i learned, i dont eat enough. so your workout your trainer wants to do is probably good enough, i think your diet is what needs work. also i suggest no creatine for you yet. i only cycle it for maybe a month every 8 months. just use it to break pleatues. good luck bud!:cool:

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the support!!

Yeah, I got to eat more. As a matter of fact I've got three eggs and some tomato salad waiting for me! BRB

People are starting to think that I'm going crazy 'cause every few minutes I go "OH SH1T I gotta eat!"

I agree I have to eat more, even what I'm eating isn't enough (which compared to what I used to eat is ALOT).

I'll be posting results in a couple of weeks. Since I have very low body fat and not much muscle mass either, even slight swelling is noticeable.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you shouldn't eat salad while bulking. once i ate a family size salad with a lot of tuna mixed in - i couldnt eat for 5hours - ****ing fibres:D

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Drinking Too Much Milk?

Regarding Milk . . .

I'm drinking about 1 liter of milk per day with a chocolate mix which sums up to 1500 calories just from that.

Now I've always been a little sensitive when it comes to milk (used to hate it, still do but it's an easy meal).

QUESTION: Could drinking too much milk be hazardous to the digestive track in some way? ..

trippychip

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dunno about that exactly, but i have heard of people who drink alot of milk and their bones get too much calcium and become very chalky, teeth especially. Ive seen it, its not pretty but i dunno exactly how much so i wouldnt be worried. I would suggest getting some multivitamins with calcium instead of all that milk.

Also im doing the exact same think you are now and the guy at my krav maga place is a licensed nutrionist and gave me some tips.
First get some whey protien, its easy quick and great replacement for meals. Now he told me with each protien shake to add a tablespoon of peanut butter and a table spoon of omega 3-6-9 amino acid oil. THis is the stuff thats found in eggs, very good for you. what else... ok so you want high protien and low fat. He recomended extra lean ground beef (not hamburgers), chicken turkey, salmon, tuna that kind of ****. Also foods high in fibre like whole wheat spaghetti, whole wheat bagels, anything whole wheat. Uhm also he told me when making eggs to use 3 egg whites and one whole egg, the yolk has a tonne of cholesterol and is bad for you. However at this age you dont have to worry too much. basically he told me to eat something every two hours that has protein. Ive been finding it hard since im not allowed to eat at school. plus i find peanut butter gross.

medik167

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would listen to the personal trainer for about 2 months until you get a decent foundation to work with. After that, proceed to start a bulking cycle. I would also advise you drinking at least 3 protein shakes a day. Your body needs protein to build muscle and you want to saturate your body with plenty of protein to feed your muscles. Since you have never lifted before, you will make huge gains at first. Keep us posted!

harwell

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: He said "no" to heavy weights...

Originally posted by Nex
Today was the first day & my trainer got me real confused.

I got there, all happy and everything that I would finally be able to start bulking and put on major mass, went up to my trainer and said "Let's begin!"

So then I told him that I wan't to "bulk", lift heavy weights so it's like about 4-6 reps.

He immediately gets a "WTF" look on his face and tells me that's only for professional body builders. Saying that I need to go slow, because the muscles can take it but the nervers/joints can't.
Umm if you seriously want to wait three months then thast fine but think your "muscles and joints" will be just fine. (Maybe really sore after your first week, but just fine.)

If you want a solid program to lead the entire way, including exactly what to eat, when to eat, what supplements work, what exercises to do, how much to do, and when to do them, I would really recommend you buy the Skinnyguy.net program. It close to a $100 but damn well worth it. I was more than skeptical telling someone with an internet site to send me a ~ $100 bill, but it's for real! Anthony Ellis, the guy who owns it, has sold I believe around 70,000 copies of it.

As far as the trainer goes, I would say ditch him. You should be just fine doing heavy weights, maybe not right away but..... I would take a few weeks to get your form down (maybe 3?). That is crucial when lifting. So yes do some lighter weights (~ 10 reps) not because your body can't handle big stuff, but more for learning form. You should notice a pretty good increase in strength, which will help when lifting big!