• It will take some getting use to.

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Don't care one way or the other.

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It still looks kinda crappy compared to what kind of a forum can be found within it...
And that's a GOOD thing.
Not too fancy to attract people with Great web design.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
It BURNS!!! MY EYESSSSS!!!

I liked the light text on darker background.

To quote Maddox:

I've chosen a black background for most of my text because it's easier on the eyes than staring at a white screen. Think about it: your monitor is not a piece of paper, no matter how hard you try to make it one. Staring at a white background while you read is like staring at a light bulb (don't believe me? Try turning off the lights next time you use a word processor). Would you stare at a light bulb for hours at a time? Not if you want to keep your vision.

Also, I feel less comfortable looking at it when others are around (ie at work) because it stands out a lot more.

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It looks so primative.

MrBond_Age

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I think we have to get used to it. Its not like anything posted on the suggestion forum, even good suggestions, are ever taken into consideration.

Allen has the ****tiest policy on swear words. Do you actually beleive that having the ****tiest frontpage ever will make him sad? Me thinks no.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
The consensus seems to be that it is uncomfortable for most readers.

Before you saw it and it felt REAL, like the site was REALLY trying to teach you something.

Now it feels like it's trying to sell you on some gimmick.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by squirrels

Before you saw it and it felt REAL, like the site was REALLY trying to teach you something.

THERE IT IS AGAIN!
it's there!! :eek:

The consensus word comes haunt me back again!

We had it in school but the teacher never explained what it means and it started bugging me.. :(

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by squirrels

Another good point.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The old site was better! As said, this new one looks like other "common" web sites.

I got surprised when I saw the new format.

A very "underground" web page would be much more interesting and it would fit better to this kind of site!

Wonderbread166

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why? WHY????

Ah, well, it's not like I ever go there anyway. But this is pretty bad.

m4a1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been designing web-sites since I was 15 years old, and I'll tell you staight up, the design is probably the worst I've ever seen on a site with this much traffic, wtf??

In the HTML source it says:
<meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0">
Heh, man you guys need a real designer, you can't make up the lack of talent with a sh!tty program like Frontpage. :rolleyes:

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by m4a1
I've been designing web-sites since I was 15 years old, and I'll tell you staight up, the design is probably the worst I've ever seen on a site with this much traffic, wtf??

In the HTML source it says:
<meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0">
Heh, man you guys need a real designer, you can't make up the lack of talent with a sh!tty program like Frontpage. :rolleyes:
AHahahahah :D

I'm still thinking it's GOOD to have a crappy site there so it doesn't attract that much newbies... our forums are flooded already.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hot Ice
AHahahahah :D

I'm still thinking it's GOOD to have a crappy site there so it doesn't attract that much newbies... our forums are flooded already.
You guys got it all wrong. From what I understand the reason for changing the home page was to make it more attractive to the masses so that it could generate more revenue. This makes sense.

The fact is that most Net neophytes will gravitate to a more polished looking, generic site than one that reminds them of hackers and pirates which the original page probably did. That original "underground" look was great for all of us that have been here for a while and understand the content there in.

However, for the AFC noob coming on board, they seem to need a more "user friendly" type site. What would be more attractive to them than seeing some stereotypical, Mathew Lesko looking, AFC type guy getting kissed on the cheek by any girl?

Understand that the home page does not necessarily represent the content nor the existing members, it's trying to attract guys that would benefit from the site's content and the experience of the existing members. More noob throughput could mean additional sponsorship (funds) for the site.

Given that, the home page still leaves a lot to be desired but it is serving a specific purpose.

slatki

Reaction score
Design

I wouldn't call that professional looking at all. My only questions is why didn't they just use the theme from the forum. This forum design is great, just use it.

That way they will actually match too, instead of them looking like two differntet websites.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Veni, vini, vici" - Julius Caesar

MrBond_Age

Don Juan
Reaction score
It makes me wonder: Does Allen need help to turn on his computer?