Need some good advice on forgetting someone

jadager

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi,

Well I'm new to this forum so I hope this goes here. Anyways my name is Jonathan, and the thing is that I've had "one-itis" with this girl for almost 3 years now (which happens to be my best friend) and it has only accomplish one thing sunk me even deeper into relationships basically since I've only had 1 gf before I met this girl. But anyways a few days ago I decided to start letting her go, because I'm sure you all know it ain't that easy, not like saying yeah ok I'm over it, let's continue. So it's been kinda rough for me, but I'm hanging in there, however since she is my best friend, she just asked me a few days ago if we could just hang out, go to the movies, eat, etc.

And well I honestly couldn't deny for 2 reasons she being my best friend and good old "one-itis" however I want to know if you guys could give me some advice on what should I do, like stop seeing her for a while or if we go out like try to keep it as short as possible in the meaning that, for example we go to see a movie and that's it, movie ends everyone goes to his own way.

So what should I do?
Sorry for all the text up there, just need some help in getting over this, so I can move on and really start having a good time with friends and girls.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cut her out of your life 100%, your no longer best friends anymore

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Effort is right.

You can't move on until you really move on and the only way to do that is to have no contact with this chick.

If you've never made a move on her though at least try it before you cut all contact.

Rejection is better than regret.

jadager

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well yeah that is true, I might as well just go ahead and make a move and see what happens. I did told her once and she was only like thank you for being honest but not right now.
But I might just go ahead and make it perfectly clear and see what happens.
Thanks for the advice :)

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jadager said:
I did told her once and she was only like thank you for being honest but not right now.

What? No! You aren't going to tell her you like her again, are you? That never works. Use actions, not words.

Is she jealous at all when you spend time with other girls?

cNfny

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude don't express anything verbally! Trust me, really kills any chance. Make a move physically, you're chances are higher even if she's not at all interested that way.

jadager

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
What? No! You aren't going to tell her you like her again, are you? That never works. Use actions, not words.

Is she jealous at all when you spend time with other girls?
Nah, wouldn't just tell her that again, certainly not in that way again :p
So what you guys suggest is just like try to kiss her or something like that?

And for the other question well I'm not sure if she would be jealous, since I don't spend that much time with other girls, however for example she sometimes just talks about a boy she just met dancing at a party or something like that, but when I tell her something like that, either that I met someone or just saw a very hot girl she's just like "ok yeah cool".

cNfny

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So what you guys suggest is just like try to kiss her or something like that?
only if you subtley lead up to it. use kino (touch her here and there in a non creepy way ha) touch her when you talk briefly etc. build up to the kiss so its not a shock value, slap in the face, out of left field move on your part to her.

I'm not sure if she would be jealous, since I don't spend that much time with other girls
which explains why you made this post and are so worried about your feelings towards her. you need to talk/see other girls as much as possible. not only does that change her perception of you "hey why doesn't he give me all the attention anymore, he said he likes me" but it'll actually take your mind off this situation and you'll think more clearly and with ease. talk to her about it only if she asks or something ridiculous happens between you and another that'd make a good story (easy way to brag without seeming like youre trying to impress)

jadager

Don Juan
Reaction score
cNfny said:
only if you subtley lead up to it. use kino (touch her here and there in a non creepy way ha) touch her when you talk briefly etc. build up to the kiss so its not a shock value, slap in the face, out of left field move on your part to her.

which explains why you made this post and are so worried about your feelings towards her. you need to talk/see other girls as much as possible. not only does that change her perception of you "hey why doesn't he give me all the attention anymore, he said he likes me" but it'll actually take your mind off this situation and you'll think more clearly and with ease. talk to her about it only if she asks or something ridiculous happens between you and another that'd make a good story (easy way to brag without seeming like youre trying to impress)

Thanks yeah I think that would work very well also since it's not like I see her every single day so yeah if I just like go out a lot more and concentrate on other stuff and of course other girls, and stop seeing her without just being rude, that could help.

Wont hurt whatsoever to actually start doing it :)