Need Newbie Explaination !

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what a calorie even is. Though I watch my weight and work out and I'm in shape I really want to be able to understand nutients and what some of these words mean so I can get to the ideal body I want. I need a dictionary pretty much- I don't even know the difference between cardiovascular and the other thing- is that where you work out by stressing your muscles excessively!? I took a health class my freshman year and it's got me twice as confused. Help please?

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1 food Calorie = 1000 calories.

1 calorie = the amount of energy it takes to increase 1 g water by 1 degree celsius.

1 joule = 4.18 calories.

Runna13=)

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm from the YAY Area, too, California Love. East Bay/Berkeley/Oakland. Which part are you from?

Chum, cardiovascular refers to exercises that work out your heart and lungs mainly, such as running, swimming, biking, etc.

A calorie is sorta like something you use for energy.

Reaction score
okie

Got it... though what is the good of creiteen and stuff like that? I know protein is a muscle supplement but that's as far as I go with that.

Mikelo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I assume by "creiteen" you mean Creatine, and if you're talking protein supplements then I assume you mean Whey.

Basically, whey is a fast-absorbing form of protein (a byproduct of milk that is seperated, dried, and filtered), often good for post-workout and occasional meal supplementation.

If you want to learn about Creatine, check out:
http://www.fullyfree.com/creatine.html

Good luck.

Mikelo2k