Need an excuse to go to a dating seminar

Evensteven

Reaction score
I'm going to David D's Man Transformation seminar in LA in a couple weeks and need to figure a few things out. I'm from NC so I'm taking a weeks vacation to go and not really comfortable telling people why I'm going.

The main problem is I'm fairly new to the game and have suddenly found myself very sexually involved with this girl I've been dating and I'm not sure what to tell her when I leave in a few weeks. We've been talking/having sex for several weeks and although I have not indicated any interest in a serious/exclusive relationship I think she is falling pretty hard. I don't want to be careless with her and I'm not ready to end this relationship either. Just want to keep dating other people even though I'm not really seeing anyone else right now. I could make something up (but I really don't want to) or tell her I'm just going by myself for the hell of it but that might seem weird.

Any ideas? What if I just tell her why I am going? It WAS planned before we ever met. I totally expect to have a "what are we" conversation with her at some point wether I like it or not but not really ready for that yet. The sex is effing incredible BTW.

I don't really know what to tell other people in my life either. With people at work I can just say I'm going. Parents: I can probably tell them and it won't really matter but they won't understand (they are really conservative). Good friends: kind of not sure how to explain disappearing to LA for a week. As a bit of background, I usually either go see friends somewhere on vacation or go on a huge kayaking or snowboarding adventure so this is a little out of character for me since I don't know anyone in LA.

Again the goal is to avoid lying because I don't want to weave a tangled web with anyone really.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, that's your first exercise in Man Transformation. To lie or not to lie. ;)

Do you have to explain your every move to other people in your life?

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of lying, just because that means you have to remember it. When something really happens to you, you don't have to try and remember...it's stuck there. I'm not even considering any ethical dilemma you may feel you have.

Doesn't the DJ bible say something about leaving mystery in your life? Just say you have to go take care of business or meet up with someone, and be very vague.

Stéphane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just tell the truth. I'm going to a dating seminar, so we can have even better sex.

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stéphane said:
Just tell the truth. I'm going to a dating seminar, so we can have even better sex.
I agree. You call the shots in your life and no one else can tell you otherwise. She'll probably have an issue with it, but as long as you control the frame, she'll break. If your doing things out of fear that she'll get mad and leave, then you've already lost the game.

Evensteven

Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts and I guess I have a lot of deeper things to think about. The lying is somewhat of a moral issue but at the same time I have told plenty of lies before (not to her though).

I don't HAVE TO tell anyone anything but we have been talking more and more so it would be strange all the sudden get all mysterious. It would look like I was obviously hiding something. This girl is the first girl I have closed with since I took up this change in lifestyle and I know she is not what I am looking for. So I suppose I am delaying the inevitable by keeping her around and decreasing my motivation to look elsewhere also.

But the sex is really good and since it's been so long I haven't got enough yet. So another good question would be how do you keep a girl around for sex without becoming her BF? The good thing is she lives 2 hours away so that keeps some physical distance but she will drive all the way here to stay with me and have crazy sex all night and she "misses" me a lot.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If everything is going so well for you in the dating world, why are you paying to see David D?

(personally I think David D is crap)

Evensteven

Reaction score
I wouldn't say everything is going well. I just got into it and had/still have a lot of work to do. She is the first success (and it was a pretty textbook success IMO) but I met her and all the others I am talking to online. I still have not even learned to approach women. There may be others better than David D, I am not qualified to say yet but it has made all the difference in the world so far but I think anything will when you start from ground zero.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would *not* tell your girl that you are going to a dating seminar. Women find this stuff creepy.

I would tell everyone that you are looking at investment property in the area. With the recent economic downturn, surely there must be some great deals to be had from motivated sellers. While you are in LA, go to a beach. There will be condos on the beach. When you get back, you can tell people that you looked at several beach front condos, but think you can get a better price if you wait longer. Regardless, you had a great time at the beaches. This makes you mysterious and possibly secretly wealthy. And none of it is technically untrue. Just leave out the detail about the dating seminar.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't lie, just say "I'm going away for a few days" or whatever.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just say you are going to a self-help seminar. Don't say dating. You can say the "Man Transformation", or a similar title description. You can mention to her what the seminar deals with, which is "social dynamics", inner game/confidence, carreer, etc. All of this is true. She's already into you, and as soon as she realizes how you are working on yourself, it will actually turn out to be a good thing; and don't worry about what anybody says. You are on your pathway, that is not creepy, that is very attractive to women. It is creepy when you still don't have your act together and she knows it. If that is still your case, then no need to go into too much detail, and for sure learn as much as possible.

Seminar is here in my back yard. Have a few other things going on. I really want to go, and working stuff out in my schedule. I too have learned a lot from David D's stuff, along with every other sources like this site, other programs, etc, but his stuff seems the most natural TO ME.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Evensteven said:
But the sex is really good and since it's been so long I haven't got enough yet. So another good question would be how do you keep a girl around for sex without becoming her BF?
What makes you think she wants to be your BF? How do you know she's not just keeping you around for great sex?

I wouldn't tell her about the trip. If she told you she was going to San Francisco for a dating or sex seminar, would that sit well with you?

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just tell them you are going to a seminar. Also why are you even going to a dating seminar?

My rule of thumb is that if you don't feel comfortable telling people about it, you probably shouldn't be doing it.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Brother, all of the help you'll ever need is right here. What you'll get at a Deangelo seminar is him reading from his laptop about sh!t he hasn't even internalized.

Then you'll get some ropey, dope speaker to come and entice you with grand stories of how he moved into a five set and took each of the HB's home and after pleasing them all for a week straight, they cooked him pancakes and fried chicken in the nude.

From there you'll move into the next day where you'll be barraged with anecdotes and pseudo-psychobabble as he tries to manipulate your mind with science and magic tricks. Bill Nye The Science Guy on crack.

Lastly, you'll be browbeaten into purchasing his other dvd's and whatnot which, once you've sat and lulled your brain through it is all of his previous work rehashed anyway!

There, I just saved you $3000.

Read the DJ Bible and read some thought provoking posts by the MEN here.

Start a journal, start threads with your questions, be vocal about your life.

Mostly, BE HONEST.

Rata Blanca

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stéphane said:
Priceless.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Hi-5 Karmasutra!!!

He saved you over $10K in the long run. Just read this site. The closest thing to do to a dating seminar is buy an e-book IF YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST!!!

Otherwise, Don't go to that sh*t. You could embarrass yourself.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nismo-4 said:
Hi-5 Karmasutra!!!

He saved you over $10K in the long run. Just read this site. The closest thing to do to a dating seminar is buy an e-book IF YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST!!!

Otherwise, Don't go to that sh*t. You could embarrass yourself.

F-_K bying an ebook, you can get those for free too. All the information you could ever need on dating, relating, and fvcking, is free if you look for it.

Money is an important fuel in driving towards what ever goals you have, so if dating more is a goal of yours, then save your "fuel" because all that information is with in walking distence and you could make a wiser investment like going to the gym more, or buying some stocks, or taking your lady out, ect...

Daddy The Pimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:
F-_K bying an ebook, you can get those for free too. All the information you could ever need on dating, relating, and fvcking, is free if you look for it.
Just as he said , you can find all DeAngelo stuff for free .

About workshops i wouldnt recommand . After Double Your Dating , most of the stuff that this guy is producing are pretty much the same thing with DYD. But if you wanna attend a seminair i would recommand Mystery Method Seminairs or RSD . They have field work too not just some BS that you can find on the net for free .