My trip to Europe, impressions

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’d rather invest in an all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean like Jamaica or Dominican Republic, where I don’t have to cook or clean. They make my bed, I log off the world by having limited phone signal, and I can eat, drink, swim, and take naps to my heart’s content while enjoying various activities.
And if you walk through the "right" parts of Kingston or Santa Domingo after dark, the locals will relieve you of that content heart, then offer it up to the Iwa or the Santos. Life rarely gets THAT entertaining in Hamburg or Marseille

The other side, in Barselona two men can walk holding hands and kiss and nobody will touch them, in United Arab Emirates they will be stonned to death
Ferociously as I'm sure we all disagree with their tactics, it's increasingly tough to not wonder https://nationalpost.com/opinion/im...-doug-ford-for-avoiding-torontos-pride-parade if the folks in UAE aren't on to something

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I still don’t understand why people spend their money to go to these places. I’d rather invest in an all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean like Jamaica or Dominican Republic, where I don’t have to cook or clean. They make my bed, I log off the world by having limited phone signal, and I can eat, drink, swim, and take naps to my heart’s content while enjoying various activities.
Not sure I would call having to wipe your ass and then put the toilet paper in a trash can instead of flushing it down the toilet a great time...

I mean sure the room might be nice but how long before that vile smell from the bathroom starts wafting in?

Or going to a resort and ending up dead because of them tampering with the alcohol like has happened multiple times in the DR recently.

As to why you would go to Europe?

Gee ..I don't know...thousands of years of culture, history, seeing all the famous places you've learned about in person brought to life, etc?

Can't wait to explore other places in Europe next year...literally have already started planning the next trip to different countries, probably starting in Italy or Spain.

Clockwerk50

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And if you walk through the "right" parts of Kingston or Santa Domingo after dark, the locals will relieve you of that content heart, then offer it up to the Iwa or the Santos. Life rarely gets THAT entertaining in Hamburg or Marseille
Even though these cities have safe areas, I am pretty sure you can be robbed if you walk around Manchester or Naples after dark. Marseille is known for their violence and drug-related crime :| What a stupid comment.

Not sure I would call having to wipe your ass and then put the toilet paper in a trash can instead of flushing it down the toilet a great time...

I mean sure the room might be nice but how long before that vile smell from the bathroom starts wafting in?

Or going to a resort and ending up dead because of them tampering with the alcohol like has happened multiple times in the DR recently.

As to why you would go to Europe?

Gee ..I don't know...thousands of years of culture, history, seeing all the famous places you've learned about in person brought to life, etc?

Can't wait to explore other places in Europe next year...literally have already started planning the next trip to different countries, probably starting in Italy or Spain.
I think it’s a matter of personal preference, but since I live in Canada, I can choose to sightsee in places like Quebec City (the oldest city in North America), Banff (a stunning national park known for its breathtaking mountains and outdoor activities), St. John's in Newfoundland (famous for its colorful row houses and excellent whale-watching opportunities), or Montreal and Toronto if I’m looking for the metropolitan experience.

I’m not trying to criticize your tastes, and I hope you have a great time exploring what Europe has to offer. I am sure there is nice places to go over all that continent.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Even though these cities have safe areas, I am pretty sure you can be robbed if you walk around Manchester or Naples after dark. Marseille is known for their violence and drug-related crime :| What a stupid comment.

I think it’s a matter of personal preference, but since I live in Canada, I can choose to sightsee in places like Quebec City (the oldest city in North America), Banff (a stunning national park known for its breathtaking mountains and outdoor activities), St. John's in Newfoundland (famous for its colorful row houses and excellent whale-watching opportunities), or Montreal and Toronto if I’m looking for the metropolitan experience.

I’m not trying to criticize your tastes, and I hope you have a great time exploring what Europe has to offer. I am sure there is nice places to go over all that continent.
I mean I know Quebec might be a little over 400 years old but you go to most European cities and you are seeing buildings standing from the 11th and 12rh century if not older.

I mean the "youngest" city I went to while I was there was Amsterdam which dates to around 1000 AD. Trier was from the 5th century BC, Paris from the 3rd century BC, etc...

"Old" over there carries a much different connotation than it does in North America outside of perhaps some places in Mexico.

Clockwerk50

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean I know Quebec might be a little over 400 years old but you go to most European cities and you are seeing buildings standing from the 11th and 12rh century if not older.

I mean the "youngest" city I went to while I was there was Amsterdam which dates to around 1000 AD. Trier was from the 5th century BC, Paris from the 3rd century BC, etc...

"Old" over there carries a much different connotation than it does in North America outside of perhaps some places in Mexico.
I’ll take your word it. It sounds cool to see those buildings and the history they carry. It might be something I should experience some day.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You always have the option of using the bath tub, or quite possibly the sink, as a bidet

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You always have the option of using the bath tub, or quite possibly the sink, as a bidet
Or just like the locals wipe with your left hand and wash your hand. Why do you think muslims wear their watches on the right wrist?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As said earlier, my father's side of the family is heavily Muslim... Luckily, I'm still equipped with both mitts
Luckily? Maybe. Or you're just very skilled at making IEDs.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Travel memoir21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Europe is definitely on my bucket list.

I've been keeping up with an acquaintance on instagram who recently went to France then took a cruiser to England.

Lots of beautiful churches and sceneries.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

I've been keeping up with an acquaintance on instagram who recently went to France then took a cruiser to England.

The churches are magnificent...the Cologne Cathedral literally makes you wonder how it was possible for that to have been built hundreds of years ago because it's simply massive.

Still the largest double facade church in the world and a UNESCO World Heritage site.

It was awe inspiring in person to look up at that thing.

But literally every city we went to had at least one magnificent church in it that we walked past...

Last edited:

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently travelled to Europe for two weeks and here is a short of my observation.

I was in Vienna, Bratislava, Ostrawa, and Warsaw. First and foremost, I always imagined that I am going to be impressed visiting Europe, but I got shocked and disgusted. Vienna, they have a big rainbow flag right at the main train station, you sitting drinking coffee and outside the window there are homeless, some are sleeping others are throwing up. Graffiti everywhere, even on historic buildings. Supermarkets are too few. Prices Dubai, but you are not in Dubai. The general feeling I got from Europe is like from some 3rd world country.

View attachment 13214 View attachment 13216

Warsaw was the worst offender. They have everything Vienna has, high prices, graffiti everywhere, rainbow flags, homeless, etc.. But what got me the most was lack of supermarkets. At first I thought I was searching google maps wrong, but no, I wasn't. They have a lot of small convinience shops, and no more than a couple of supermarkets. Those that are proper supermarkets, don't even come close in selection to what I have in my city. My city -- 7 proper supermarkets within a walking distance from my place. Warsaw -- 4 convinience stores / mini markets within same walking distance. Plus the prices, you buy a few things and it's already 80 zloti, for same money in my city I walk out with one large bag of food.

Not everything is bad though. Europe has excellent salami and other cured meat and excellent beer.

Fuel prices are around 1.5 euros, 3 plus times more that what I have at home.

After my trip I began appreciating my own country a lot more. Europe, I don't know why it is 1st world or premium, or people talk about it in good light always. It is an expensive s* hole, it looked more like 3rd world country to me. Perhaps it was excellent sometime ago, but not now.

This is so to speak, my own first hand experience. I wouldn't beleive anyone who wrote something like this prior to going there myself.

There is also youtube channel I'm subbed to, German in Venice, and he was in Germany recently, in his own home town, his experiences are about the same as mine.
What where the women like? where the thin? fat? friendly? rude?

sevbucmash

Don Juan
Reaction score
What where the women like
Not fat. Average looking. Warsaw in particular had a lot of Ukranians, they have a certain coarse look to them, like they been through stuff or are going through stuff. Polish girls average, there are some hotties here and there. Tourists also average. In Wien also average, and also Ukranians, but add to the mix trans women. Hottest girls I've seen was in Ostrava, Czech Republic.

Man, the city I come from and the city I went to get my visa there is a lot of hot women. Bombshells left and right. The only damn that's nice moment I had was in Czech republic.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not fat. Average looking. Warsaw in particular had a lot of Ukranians, they have a certain coarse look to them, like they been through stuff or are going through stuff. Polish girls average, there are some hotties here and there. Tourists also average. In Wien also average, and also Ukranians, but add to the mix trans women. Hottest girls I've seen was in Ostrava, Czech Republic.

Man, the city I come from and the city I went to get my visa there is a lot of hot women. Bombshells left and right. The only damn that's nice moment I had was in Czech republic.
Where are you from?

I live in Prague but I'm not Czech. I see some nice girls here and there, but usually the hot ones are Ukrainian, Russian, Belarus or Slovak, not Czech. Czech girls don't have pretty faces usually, but I've seen some stunners yes.

I've been to Brno, Plzeň, Český Krumlov, average girls. I've heard Olomouc has some nice girls but I need to verify.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I've been to (in Europe) London Paris Berlin Amsterdam Prague Bratislava Vienna Budapest Belgrade Tallinn Riga Prague Copenhagen Oslo Stockholm Helsinki Moscow and Saint Petersburg and after a while it gets boring, it's pretty much the same thing everywhere except for Moscow St. Pet and Belgrade. Moscow being my favorite city by far.

I haven't been to Portugal Spain Greece Italy yet, I think it's different from the rest of Europe but the vibe will be pretty much the same within South Europe.

Europe is overrated in my opinion, but yes it's pretty.

Last edited:

sevbucmash

Don Juan
Reaction score
Where are you from
Russian Federation. I traveled Yerevan, Vienna, Ostrava, Warsaw to the United States embassy. Then back through Brno and Bratislava to Vienna. Put my U.S. flag cap on and because of my English got mistaken as an American throughout the trip. I got my visa in Krasnodar, and I had to spend 1 night there, explored the city and got impressed. Cuisine, architecture, hot women, nice hotel, everything affordable. Then in Moscow I got my medical examination, went to see all the captured machinary, not my first time in Moscow, but everytime I come there it's like going to a different country.

Europe definately is still on the map for me, namely Italy and Spain, Balkan countries, and Swizeland. But at this point I am leaning more towards Asia, middle east, and Africa for travel, maybe Carribean and south America, Cuba, Venezuela, Brazil for example.

Europe though, I expected a lot more out of it, to get impressed by it at the minimum.