My GREAT Philosphy

Reed247

Banned
Reaction score
crap?

Dude, get the f*ck of this board.
This is for people who need real help, don't act like some big shot with women.
I am getting angry now. (controlling my anger like a man would do).

Being some muscle head isn't the success key.
Being rich isn't either

It's called attitude. There are guys who look like crap and are broke and f&ck the hottest hos int he world.

believe me

Oooosh

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you stupid? Do yourself a few cycles of steriods?

I'm not against steriods and I know many people who I work out with take them. However you can't tell people to go do a few cycles. They will kill themselves. Education is the key. If educated, steriods are fine.

Idiot.

Jon341427

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: crap?

Originally posted by Reed247

Being rich isn't either

It's called attitude. There are guys who look like crap and are broke and f&ck the hottest hos int he world.

believe me
being some muscle head?? there are a lot of different steriods, and many of them only make you gain a nice amount of muscle. they dont all make you into a monster.

think of what hes saying like bench pressing. lets say your chest is your inner game (how you talk to girls), and your tris are everything else (money/nice body/fashion/ etc). you can have a HUGE chest with real little tris and bench 300, or you can have a nice sized chest and nice sized tris and bench 300. its easier to balance everything out, to up your game, rather then working on one thing.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had sex with way too many women to count, i was always natural at it
I know one thing, if this was the case with me I wouldn't even be looking for info on the net, I'd be writing books. Getting laid, and paid at the same time.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
John Galt

The argument between self improvement and technique has been hashed out a million times on this forum. While your philosophy seems sound, the average guy who sets out to become some kind of titan millionaire type will undoubtedly find the journey is very long and hard. No doubt somewhere along the line he is going to wonder "Gee! All this just to get laid?" All the while he sees other average joes all around him. They're skinny, they drive Hyundai's, they make 30K a year, and they're screwing hot chicks everywhere and all the time. His natural desire to spread his seed and screw everything in sight eventually takes over though and that is when he turns to technique. Not because its a better path but it gets results.

You are correct that focusing solely on technique isn't going to get you very far either though. Eventually the women you seduce are going to be looking for some substance behind the techniques you used to bed her down.

So at the end of the day I think its safe to say that self improvement AND technique are going to yield the best results in ones efforts to be successful with women. Interesting how a nice balance usually seems to work the best in any endeavour. Its when you go to the extremes that things get messed up.

Please don't take offense to what I'm about to say. I've read this entire post and I must say I'm not very impressed. Not with your "Great Philosophy" and I'm also shocked with the numerous "great post" responses you've received. We're all different. Each of us is entitled to our own views but remember there are alot of young impressionable minds hanging around here. If you feel that you have life figured out that is great. Just be careful what advice you are giving young guys who are desperate to find themselves and their way in the world.

First off I would like to say that I agree 100% with your recommendations about reading and learning as much as you can from books and others. That part of your post is gold man. Great work and very helpful. Other than that though I think your "Great Philosophy" blows!

I think this quote pretty much sums up why I think you are on the wrong track.

Originally posted by John Galt 2
It' s even better when you can meet women anywhere in the country, say vegas, have a limo pick them up from their house, drive them to the airport, fly them first class to you for the weekend, and then fly them back and handle your business.....next week meet them in say hawaii or switzerland to go skiing....now THATS life, i'm not quite there but i'm on the way, ALL of you should have that as your goal.
While having the $$$ to do such things would be great. Hell man I won't BS you that would be the shyt!!! But trust me John, THAT ISN'T LIFE!! I think you've been hanging around your reference group of millionaire buddies too long and they've clouded your views. Either that or somewhere along the line you've failed to learn some of Life's simple lessons. Life is about family, friends, falling in love, personal growth, prosperity, staying healthy, etc. Money isn't life John. Sorry. You ever watch the movie "Blow". Remember what the main character's father tells him after he loses his job and his mother is worried about what they are going to do about money. "Money isn't real son. It just seems like it is." Look where that guy ended up before he finally realized what his father said was true.

Here's another bothersome quote from you.

As far as friends are concerned, people you associate yourself with make so much difference. They say your reference group will be your biggest reason for success or failure. We pick up the habits and thought patterns of those around us. My friends weren't losers in any sense, especially when it came to getting girls however they weren't at all at the financial level were i wanted to be at. So i changed my reference group. No longer was success with girls my top priority.

My financial life completely changed when i picked up and moved and started associating myself with and getting mentored by millionaires and those achieving the financial outcomes i wanted in my life. Hence is the power of your reference group.

Its been said that your salary is the average between your five closest friends, relating that to girl i bet the number of of girls you sleep with is the average between your five closest friends.
So you ditch all your real friends in your quest for the $$$. Great advice. :rolleyes: So now you have a bunch of millionaire buddies and mentors huh? Do you think they are REALLY your friends? Are they true blue buddies? Are they gonna be there for you thru thick and thin? Or are they just as concerned about money as you are? Do they value money more than friendship just like you? If one of these millionaire buddies of yours was speaking with one of HIS mentors and they said to him "Hey Joe, I think that John Galt guy is holding you back. You should ditch that guy before he costs you anymore money." What do you think he's going to do?

I agree with you. You do pick up thought patterns from the people you surround yourself with. Sure they might be millionaires, but are they cut-throat, shallow, a$$holes too? Cuz you're probably picking up that stuff too.

Friends are friends for a reason. Choosing a friend because of how much money he makes isn't a friendship at all. Its called "using" somebody for your own personal gain. Very sad.

After reading some more of your responses in this thread I really have to say that I do feel sorry for you. Steroids, ritalin, adderall, you've got your own little chemistry experiment going on with your mind and body don't you? You think you're doing it all to improve yourself but in reality its not even YOU anymore.

Steroids. Why? You need those big muscles to move a bunch of heavy stuff around everyday? I think not. Most people work out to stay healthy and look their best. Bring steroids into the equation and the "stay healthy" part goes out the window and the "looks" part becomes the focus. Why do you want to look like that? For you? For your buddies? No way, its for the women right? There's nothing wrong with trying to look your best for the ladies but when you sacrifice your own health in the process then you've got a screw loose upstairs buddy. What is the difference between a guy taking steroids to look good for the ladies and a woman who gets breast implants? Nothing, except the implants are probably safer. Have you ever heard the term attention wh0re? Usually its used when speaking about women. Using steroids or other drugs may indeed make you stronger or better, but in reality you're weak dude. And once again, its sad.

I don't want you to think that I'm coming down on you John. It seems to me that you are a good guy trying to help others find their way and be successful. Nothing wrong with that at all. I just think you'd be wise to take a step back and re-evaluate what is really important in this world. If you don't I'm positive that life will eventually give you a BIG kick in the butt and set you straight. Hopefully it won't be too late and you won't have too many regrets.

Once again, be careful of the advice you give to others. Especially those who are easily influenced.

Peace,

Slick

Jon341427

Don Juan
Reaction score
slickster, i believe we took John's advice totally different. you interpretted him as saying "money is everything, therefore money equals girls" i interpretted it as balance everything to get the best results.

but what made his post stand out a lot more to me (because it was already obvious to me that a balance between money/looks/inner game would yield the best results) was the the fact that he shed light on me on how to improve one aspect of the equation that would indeed make me happier, money. because of him i will most likely start reading. i cant even remember the last time i read a book.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
“it's either you sell her you D$CK, or she sells you on the reason why she doesn't want to buy it
Such a Ziglar quote. I love that guy he gives great advice.

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey man, great post. i have been looking into getting involved in real estate investing full time as my career. can you please shed some light as to which avenue you pursue (SFHs, commerical, etc.), what kind of advantages to expect as well as downsides, and any other pertinent information..it is much appreciated.

John Galt 2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: crap?

Originally posted by Reed247

Being rich isn't either

believe me
Ur telling me to get off the board because people need real help? who the hell do you want help from, those who are achieving the results you are, or those who are achieving the results you want to get to? silly fella

I think our definitions of hot differ, the girls i'm around wouldn't **** you because of your spectacular attitude, they'd perceive it as false bravado if you couldn't back it up.

John Galt 2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: John Galt

Originally posted by Slickster
The argument between self improvement and technique has been hashed out a million times on this forum. While your philosophy seems sound, the average guy who sets out to become some kind of titan millionaire type will undoubtedly find the journey is very long and hard. No doubt somewhere along the line he is going to wonder "Gee! All this just to get laid?" All the while he sees other average joes all around him. They're skinny, they drive Hyundai's, they make 30K a year, and they're screwing hot chicks everywhere and all the time. His natural desire to spread his seed and screw everything in sight eventually takes over though and that is when he turns to technique. Not because its a better path but it gets results.

You are correct that focusing solely on technique isn't going to get you very far either though. Eventually the women you seduce are going to be looking for some substance behind the techniques you used to bed her down.

So at the end of the day I think its safe to say that self improvement AND technique are going to yield the best results in ones efforts to be successful with women. Interesting how a nice balance usually seems to work the best in any endeavour. Its when you go to the extremes that things get messed up.

Please don't take offense to what I'm about to say. I've read this entire post and I must say I'm not very impressed. Not with your "Great Philosophy" and I'm also shocked with the numerous "great post" responses you've received. We're all different. Each of us is entitled to our own views but remember there are alot of young impressionable minds hanging around here. If you feel that you have life figured out that is great. Just be careful what advice you are giving young guys who are desperate to find themselves and their way in the world.

First off I would like to say that I agree 100% with your recommendations about reading and learning as much as you can from books and others. That part of your post is gold man. Great work and very helpful. Other than that though I think your "Great Philosophy" blows!

While having the $$$ to do such things would be great. Hell man I won't BS you that would be the shyt!!! But trust me John, THAT ISN'T LIFE!! I think you've been hanging around your reference group of millionaire buddies too long and they've clouded your views. Either that or somewhere along the line you've failed to learn some of Life's simple lessons. Life is about family, friends, falling in love, personal growth, prosperity, staying healthy, etc. Money isn't life John. Sorry. You ever watch the movie "Blow". Remember what the main character's father tells him after he loses his job and his mother is worried about what they are going to do about money. "Money isn't real son. It just seems like it is." Look where that guy ended up before he finally realized what his father said was true.

So you ditch all your real friends in your quest for the $$$. Great advice. :rolleyes: So now you have a bunch of millionaire buddies and mentors huh? Do you think they are REALLY your friends? Are they true blue buddies? Are they gonna be there for you thru thick and thin? Or are they just as concerned about money as you are? Do they value money more than friendship just like you? If one of these millionaire buddies of yours was speaking with one of HIS mentors and they said to him "Hey Joe, I think that John Galt guy is holding you back. You should ditch that guy before he costs you anymore money." What do you think he's going to do?

I agree with you. You do pick up thought patterns from the people you surround yourself with. Sure they might be millionaires, but are they cut-throat, shallow, a$$holes too? Cuz you're probably picking up that stuff too.

Friends are friends for a reason. Choosing a friend because of how much money he makes isn't a friendship at all. Its called "using" somebody for your own personal gain. Very sad.

After reading some more of your responses in this thread I really have to say that I do feel sorry for you. Steroids, ritalin, adderall, you've got your own little chemistry experiment going on with your mind and body don't you? You think you're doing it all to improve yourself but in reality its not even YOU anymore.

Steroids. Why? You need those big muscles to move a bunch of heavy stuff around everyday? I think not. Most people work out to stay healthy and look their best. Bring steroids into the equation and the "stay healthy" part goes out the window and the "looks" part becomes the focus. Why do you want to look like that? For you? For your buddies? No way, its for the women right? There's nothing wrong with trying to look your best for the ladies but when you sacrifice your own health in the process then you've got a screw loose upstairs buddy. What is the difference between a guy taking steroids to look good for the ladies and a woman who gets breast implants? Nothing, except the implants are probably safer. Have you ever heard the term attention wh0re? Usually its used when speaking about women. Using steroids or other drugs may indeed make you stronger or better, but in reality you're weak dude. And once again, its sad.

I don't want you to think that I'm coming down on you John. It seems to me that you are a good guy trying to help others find their way and be successful. Nothing wrong with that at all. I just think you'd be wise to take a step back and re-evaluate what is really important in this world. If you don't I'm positive that life will eventually give you a BIG kick in the butt and set you straight. Hopefully it won't be too late and you won't have too many regrets.

Once again, be careful of the advice you give to others. Especially those who are easily influenced.

Peace,

Slick

Slickster, i agree with you on many things, i'll try to address what i think u misunderstood me on on each seperate post.

John Galt 2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: John Galt

Originally posted by Slickster ]The argument between self improvement and technique has been hashed out a million times on this forum. While your philosophy seems sound, the average guy who sets out to become some kind of titan millionaire type will undoubtedly find the journey is very long and hard. No doubt somewhere along the line he is going to wonder "Gee! All this just to get laid?"

DALE CARNEGGIE IN THINK AND GROW RICH SAID THAT EVERY MAN ACHIEVES GREAT WEALTH FOR WOMEN, IF IT WASN'T FOR THEM, WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT?

All the while he sees other average joes all around him. They're skinny, they drive Hyundai's, they make 30K a year, and they're screwing hot chicks everywhere and all the time.

OUR DEFINITIONS OF HOT ARE PROB A LITTLE DIFF, THE GIRL I'M TALKING ABOUT WOULDN'T EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO ANYONE DRIVING HYUNDAYS, AND THOSE TYPES OF GUYS COULD NOT COMPETE WITH THE TYPE OF LIFESTYLE THAT CAN BE PROVIDED WITH REAL WEALTH, THEY MIGHT GET TO **** THEM, BUT SURE AS HELL WON'T BE ABLE TO HOLD ON TO THEM IF THEY REALLY ARE SOMETHING SPECIAL.

His natural desire to spread his seed and screw everything in sight eventually takes over though and that is when he turns to technique. Not because its a better path but it gets results.

I AGREE, AND WHAT I MEANT WAS THAT YOU WILL GAIN ALL THE TECHNIQUES IN THE PROCESS OF SELF IMPROVEMENT IN YOUR LIFE OVERALL.

EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINION, THATS FAIR

While having the $$$ to do such things would be great. Hell man I won't BS you that would be the shyt!!! But trust me John, THAT ISN'T LIFE!! I think you've been hanging around your reference group of millionaire buddies too long and they've clouded your views. Either that or somewhere along the line you've failed to learn some of Life's simple lessons. Life is about family, friends, falling in love, personal growth, prosperity, staying healthy, etc.

FOR SOME REASON YOU SEEM TO THING YOU DIFFER FROM ME WHEN IN REALITY YOU REALLY DON'T, MONEY IS NOT LIFE, HOWEVER THE FINANCIAL FREEDOM GIVES YOU THE FREEDOM TO PURSUE MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY, AND NOT HAVE IT RESTRAINED TO JUST WEEKENDS, IT'S HARD TO FALL IN LOVE WHEN YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT AFFORDING THE WINING AND DINING, MUCH EASIER TO STAY HEALTHY WHEN YOU HAVE THE TIME TO READ UP ON ALL THE LATEST INFO AND HAVE THE MONEY TO EAT RIGHT....MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING, MONEY HAS NO INTRINSIC VALUE, HOWEVER ITS A POWERFUL TOOL TO ACHIEVE EVERYTHING ELSE YOU WANT.

Money isn't life John. Sorry. You ever watch the movie "Blow". Remember what the main character's father tells him after he loses his job and his mother is worried about what they are going to do about money. "Money isn't real son. It just seems like it is." Look where that guy ended up before he finally realized what his father said was true.

IT'S TRUE, HEALTH AND FAMILY ARE NUMBER ONE, BUT YOU CAN SURE AS HELL TAKE BETTER CARE OF BOTH WHEN YOU HAVE MONEY.

'MONEY WON'T MAKE YOUR PROBLEMS GO AWAY, YOU'LL JUST ARRIVE TO YOUR PROBLEMS IN STYLE."

MISUNDERSTANDING ON YOUR PART, I LEFT MY FRIENDS, TO TRAIL BLAZE AHEAD AND PAVE THE WAY FOR THEM, I HAD TO LEAVE THEM TO MAKE WAY FOR THEM. SURE IT'S FUN MAKING 100K ON A DEAL, BUT WHEN ALL YOUR FRIENDS ARE BROKE AND HAVE 9-5 JOBS ITS NO FUN NOT HAVING ANYONE TO CELEBRATE IT WITH. THAT IS WHY NOW I'M SHOWING MY FRIENS WHAT I'VE LEARNED AND MENTORING THEM TO GET HERE, I'M 23, MY MENTORS ARE IN THEIR FIFTIES, I OBVIOUSLY DON'T CONSIDER THEM MY BEST FRIENDS, THEY ARE SIMPLY THAT, MY MENTORS. I HAD TO LEAVE MY FRIENDS AND HELP MYSELF, SO THAT NOW I AM IN POSITION TO PULL MY FRIENDS UP TO WHERE I AM.

I agree with you. You do pick up thought patterns from the people you surround yourself with. Sure they might be millionaires, but are they cut-throat, shallow, a$$holes too?

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT IDEA FROM? I'M NOT CUT THROAT AND I'M NOT AN *******, MY MENTORS AND I DONATE MORE TO CHAIRTY IN A YEAR THEN AVERAGE PEOPLE MAKE, WHERES THE SELFISHNESS OR GREEDINESS IN THAT?

Cuz you're probably picking up that stuff too.

FRIENDS ARE FRIENDS TO SUPPORT YOU AND TO TEACH YOU STUFF, THEY COME AND GO IN LIFE. WHEN YOU OUTGROW CERTAIN ONES IT MIGHT BE TIME TO MOVE ON AND LEARN SOMETHING FROM OTHERS, THEN IF YOU VALUE THE FRIENDSHIPS LIKE I DO, YOU CAN COME BACK AND PASS THE KNOWLEDGE ON.

After reading some more of your responses in this thread I really have to say that I do feel sorry for you.

I APPRECIATE IT, BUT YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT IN MY CASE, MY FAMILY LOVES ME, MY FRIENDS LOVE ME, AND I LIVE A PRETTY GOOD LIFE

Steroids, ritalin, adderall, you've got your own little chemistry experiment going on with your mind and body don't you? You think you're doing it all to improve yourself but in reality its not even YOU anymore.

I HAVEN'T DONE STEROIDS IN OVER YEAR, I THREW IT OUT THERE AS AN OPTION, I LOOK BETTER OFF THEM NOW THEN WHEN I WAS ON, BUT THATS BESIDES THE POINT. RITALIN AND ADDERALL ARE TOOLS, SIMPLY TOOLS TO GET TO WHERE I WANT TO GO. JUST UTILIZING THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY.

Steroids. Why? You need those big muscles to move a bunch of heavy stuff around everyday? I think not. Most people work out to stay healthy and look their best. Bring steroids into the equation and the "stay healthy" part goes out the window and the "looks" part becomes the focus.

THAT COULD HAPPEN, BUT NOT NECESSARILY, DO SOME RESEARCH

Why do you want to look like that?

I LIKE MY BODY TO BE A GOOD REPRESENTATION OF MY MIND. I LIKE TO HAVE THE WHOLE PACKAGE.

For you? For your buddies? No way, its for the women right? There's nothing wrong with trying to look your best for the ladies but when you sacrifice your own health in the process then you've got a screw loose upstairs buddy.

YOUR OBVIOUSLY MISINFORMED ABOUT STEROIDS, THERE IS NOTHING INHERINTLY MORE RISKIER THEN A WOMAN TAKING ESTROGEN TO CONTROL HER PERIODS, IF DONE IN MODERATION AND UNDER DOCTORS SUPERVISION (WHICH I HAD, I WAS GETTING MY STEROIDS FROM WALLGREENS PHARMACY, AND GETTING BLOOD WORK DONE MONTHLY)

John Galt 2

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the difference between a guy taking steroids to look good for the ladies and a woman who gets breast implants? Nothing, except the implants are probably safer.

AGAIN, UR ASSUMING WITHOUT ANY KNOWELDGE

Have you ever heard the term attention wh0re?

YEA, THATS PRETTY MUCH WHAT I AM, I LIKE TO LOOK GOOD, DANCE WELL, PARTY LIKE A ROCKSTAR AND HAVE ALL EYES BE ON ME, IS THAT A BAD THING?

Usually its used when speaking about women. Using steroids or other drugs may indeed make you stronger or better, but in reality you're weak dude. And once again, its sad.

WEAK IN WHAT SENSE? YOUR LOSING ME HERE, FOR SOME REASON UR ASSOCIATING DOING STEROIDS WITH WEAKNESS, I GUESS THE WHOLE MLB, NFL AND EVERY OTHER PRO ATHLETE MUST BE WEAK IN YOUR EYES.

I don't want you to think that I'm coming down on you John. It seems to me that you are a good guy trying to help others find their way and be successful. Nothing wrong with that at all. I just think you'd be wise to take a step back and re-evaluate what is really important in this world.

NO OFFENSE TAKEN BRO, I KNOW WHATS IMPORTANT TO ME. ITS MY HEALTH, MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS, AND MY WEALTH. ITS ALOT EASIER TO TAKE CARE OF ALL THE OTHERS IF YOU HAVE YOUR WEALTH LINED UP, THEN YOU CAN BUY THE BEST FOODS AND SUPPLEMENTS AND YOU CAN BUILD A FINANCIAL FORTRESS AROUND YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY THAT NO ECONOMIC DOWNTURN CAN PENETRATE. THEY SAY YOU CAN NEVER TRULY BE HAPPY UNTILL YOU STOP WORRYING ABOUT MONEY, THINK ABOUT THAT.

John Galt 2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stud
hey man, great post. i have been looking into getting involved in real estate investing full time as my career. can you please shed some light as to which avenue you pursue (SFHs, commerical, etc.), what kind of advantages to expect as well as downsides, and any other pertinent information..it is much appreciated.

read a book called 'flipping properties', 'buy it, fix it, sell it, profit" and then two books by peter conti and david finkel...."making money in foreclosures" and "making money in real estate", those should be good starts. check out www.thecreativeinvestor.com and www.creonline.com

John Galt 2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tazman
I know one thing, if this was the case with me I wouldn't even be looking for info on the net, I'd be writing books. Getting laid, and paid at the same time.

I'm not looking for info on the net. I look for it in books, i believe if something is worth reading, it's worth paying for it. Even if ordering it used from amazon. What i am kinda of doing here is refining my own "GREAT" philosophy with all your help, it seems to have come out not as clear as i wanted it to initially and i am appreciating all the input here that lets me clarify things a little better.

If you figure out how to paid more while your getting laid all the time, let me know, there seems to be an inverse correlation between the amount of money i make and the amount of sex i have. Getting laid seems to always cut into money making time, and vice versa

John Galt 2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jon341427
i cant even remember the last time i read a book.
your body reflects what you eat, your thoughts reflect what you read, dont spend too much time on these boards, if anything here was really worthwhile, it'd be published and sold.

Read the books i mentioned.

FatsTheScrapper

Don Juan
Reaction score
your body reflects what you eat, your thoughts reflect what you read, dont spend too much time on these boards, if anything here was really worthwhile, it'd be published and sold.

Read the books i mentioned.
Now that is something worth thinking about.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
.. dont spend too much time on these boards, if anything here was really worthwhile, it'd be published and sold.
Did you miss the articles posted on the main page of this site? Several of the authors have published their work. On the other hand, published or not, not all information is viable to everyone.

The truth of the matter is that your thoughts do not solely reflect what you read, unless you live your life through the writings of others. Your thoughts or perceptions reflect what you experience.

In a nutshell, people believe what they can understand and not everyone is meant to understand everything. What I am trying to understand why would someone who seems to have a good perception of certain things expound upon it with diatribes that look like desperate attempts for social proof...

Oh well, "Who's John Galt?" :rolleyes:

GbirdPu

Reaction score
My GREAT Philisophy:

3 seconds, go!

Ps. I admit, I didn't invent it.

dice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JG what, by your philosophy, is the best way to improve social/communication skills, for this is what i am lacking in most and is probably the most basic of all basics in being succesful. Any good books?

Also, I'm interested in how exactly you take notes. Do you rely solely on your notes when you're through with a book? I could use some tips with this because I find many books are extremely difficult to note. Do you take linear notes, mindmaps, etc?