My best friend is an AFC and his girl wants me

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's what's up: My best bud's been seeing this girl, we'll call her HBWildEyes for about 4 months now. They like each other enough and get along. Thing is, my friend is an AFC!

On a particularly warm spring afternoon, I chatted to HBWildEyes thru AIM where she revealed to me that she is extremely dissatisfied with the progression of her relationship with my friend.

She says that he is moving WAY to slow. Her own words: "I just want to tell him 'my body is ur temple, do with it as you please' but he just sits there!"

I encouraged her to keep going and tell me what else was wrong. She tells me: "Well, I picked up on this, I guess you'd call it HESITANCY he has about everything"

Ok, so as you can see, he's an AFC. I coax her onward and she tells me "And today my parents aren't even home and he [my friend] isn't even working. I mean hello." I told her that I didn't know why he wasn't doing anything either! I asked her if she wanted me to talk to him, but she said no. A bit more chit-chat and she confesses to me that she is extremely turned-on by me, and I humor her with a "dream" I had of her.

Yes, I am a bad man. But I don't know if I am bad enough to get with her and have my friend hate me forever. I'm trying to find a way to be diplomatic about all of this. This girl is SO COOL, but I want to have everyone happy, or at least not UNHAPPY. I can't think of a way to do this.

BTW, she "took a break" from him, which means they are about to break up.

Please don't say "bros before hos" because I'm not looking at that as an option. I like this girl more than you know, and everything would be smooth-sailing if only my friend could handle this in a mature manner, not give a fukk, or simply never ever know about me and her. I greatly appreciate input, thanks!

MrBond007

Banned
Reaction score
Aight... well since he`s an AFC, if you ask him if it would be ok with him if you got into a relationship with her, you can bet he might not give the answer he wants to give you.

So here goes:

What do you value the most? Your relationship with your friend or this girl?

Know that chances are she might be your girl for a very short time so youd be short of a girl and short of a friend too. On the other hand it might work well too but I woudnt count on it.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look, you say this guy is your best friend. Then you say you want to go after his girl.

You don't have much control over him being an AFC, although you could try to help him out in that department. But the bottom line is that you DO have control over what you do.

When you post something like this, you're basically going to get two different camps of guys... most will say "bros before hos." A few will say that the almighty p*ssy is the most important thing.

You have specifically requested that nobody say "bros before hos", meaning you want to get validation for the really stupid thing you want to do.

You won't get it from me.

Bros before hos.

MrBond007

Banned
Reaction score
See Giovanni, Im Pro-Choice:He eithers keeps his friend or the hoe( for a time because we all know it never lasts).

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MrBond007
See Giovanni, Im Pro-Choice:He eithers keeps his friend or the hoe( for a time because we all know it never lasts).
Well, obviously that is the choice.

But the correct choice here would be his "best friend". If you can completely and utterly f*ck over your "best friend" for a little bit of p*ssy, then you're gonna wind up without friends OR p*ssy.

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ure treading waters here Duke. Whether u like it or not....im gonna say "bros before hoes." the only reason why i brought that up (whoops sorry :)) was because hes your BEST FRIEND. I guarantee u, no girl in highschool will ever get inbetween me and my best friend. Think about it. She might be a great girl, but there are plenty others. Anyways, if u still really want this girl, u have to be PATIENT. U have to WAIT. Wait for a few weeks/months after ure friend breaks up with her. THen ask him whether he would mind if u went out with her.

MrBond007

Banned
Reaction score
My point actually. Still I beleived we had to make it clear to him.

Even I who is considered a "world-taker" and someone who keeps taking advantages of others for its own benifit would never do this because I would end up losing anyway.

Where`s the mid/loong term profit?

A very long LTR with the girl? What are the chances anyway if she`s willling to go out with her ex`s (ex)-best friend?

MrBond007

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brak86
THen ask him whether he would mind if u went out with her.
I know its not his problem but we all know the AFC friend will mind even if he says he doesnt wich will result in the friendship end.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Bear this in mind: if you hook up with this girl, then long after you and this girl are broken up (expect this as the rule, not the exception), do you want to still be "best friends" with this guy? Is she WORTH losing your best friend?

I've had to make this decision a few times, whether losing a friend was a big enough price to pay to deter me from a woman. A few times that answer has been "yes." A few times it has been "no."

That being said, why not hook your "best friend" up with a little advice? :)

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting it on with his girl would be the DUMBEST thing you can do. Girls come and go, true friends don't. If YOU are his best friend, you will ignore this drama ho, and help him stop being an AFC.

If you hook up with his gf, not only will you lose a friend and the girl (eventually), but you will also mess up his life and make him into more of an afc.

Help him out, don't take advantage of his weakness.

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Think about how you would feel if your best friend took your girl and fvcked her. I doubt you would blow it off.

Bros before hos... always.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd tell the girl the truth - friends before hoes. That I don't wanna hurt my stupid friend.

She'll have to dump him nicely, then I'd consider seeing her.

Jvesti

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You tell me this girl has serious depression ,mental problems, emotional issues yet you still "realllly like her". You are willing to jeopardize your friendship for her.

Chances are she has been seducing you from day 1. Attention starved people are VERY good at luring in their prey.

STAY AWAY! What are you gonna do? Ruin your friendship with a dude who wants to kick your ass while dating a suicidal, emotion starved depressed girl. Think with your head. Yes that will be quite the life. With an emotional suckerfish, best friendless and isolated.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The irony of all of this is that it implies that this one girl is more important than friendship. More important than a best friend.

And who thinks that girls are that important?

AFCs.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The irony of all of this is that it implies that this one girl is more important than friendship. More important than a best friend.

And who thinks that girls are that important?

AFCs.
I think this goes beyond being an AFC. Even in my early hs days when I was the most pathetic AFC out there, I wouldn't have screwed a best friend over a girl. There are just some things you never do, no matter what, and this is one of them.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How ironic is this post. An AFC calling his best friend an AFC :p

Lets see. 'this girl is so cool" UM you sir are a f8ckhead. I would not want you as a friend. You come here claiming to be his best friend yet you ask our advice about his girl, because hes on a break from her as you put it. ARE YOU F8CKING SERIOUS? WAIT I THOUGHT HE WAS THE AFC? AHAHA you kids make me laugh.

Dan_DJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
A similar thing happened to me recently, but I told the girl it wasn't ever gonna happen (even though she is hot, around a 7, and has a great personality). It doesn't matter what you feel about this girl, don't fu.ck up a friendship.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're an ass for even making this thread. Seriously, it's completely inappropriate of you to even consider this. You've already made up your mind that you want to do it, you just now want some guys on the internet to tell you that it's okay.

Well, it isn't. Even last year when my ex-friend's girl wanted me (he and I had drifted apart over the years) I refused her. It just isn't right to screw somebody over like that.

In fact, I hope it happens to you someday.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BEST FRIEND MY ASS!!!

You probably have no real friends if you even consider screwing over your buddy like that. I'm with everyone else who said "bros before hoes" because that's how it works.

Plus, bad karma will fuk you up the ass later on, and unless you're into that anal sh1t, I suggest explaining the "bros before hos" belief to her.