My Approach Journal

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
HB6.5 from approach 92

Me:Hey what's up. This is --. We met at the gym the other day. Sorry i can't remember your name was it --?
HB: Hey --, it's --. Sorry was watching a show
Me: No worries! Are you free this thursday at 8pm? I want to go ice skating with you
HB: I'm not sure if I can make it if it's in the city
HB: Where's the rink?
Me: I can do it on saturday. Does that work better for you? I was thinking [ice skating rink] unless you know a better place
HB: The nearest place I googled came up with --, but I think it's only open for hockey games and Disney on ice
HB: Let me see if I can make it Thursday. I'll try to get my work done early so I can meet you there by 8
Me: Cool i'm guessing you're taking -- train so you want to meet up at [location] at around 730?
HB: It would be faster if I go straight to [city] train station via [train] from --
HB: Thanks anyway
Me: Cool let's meet at -- station at 745 thurs?
HB: Sure sounds good
Me: See you then

FINALLY HOLY ****. the first date i've set up after 92 approaches. if i want to get 4 more dates, i need to make 400 more approaches at this rate. hopefully she doesn't flake. can someone pass me the PIMP juice?

Cyfer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Amazing to see your progression and some absolutely fantastic advice here like what to talk about on page 2 (first post)

I'm thinking of starting sarging again here in London now that it's warming up, but it can be quite a trek to get to Oxford street (40mins) whereas other places have a really low frequency of girls.

With exams I don't have that much time to go to these places so I only really see girls when I'm in school uniform, or I get super ****ing lucky when I go out with friends once a week. Should I still approach girls when I'm in uniform (I'm 16, may be approaching girls with uniforms, or people w/o uniforms)?

What would you suggest I do in awkward situations where the girl turns out to be like 2 years younger than me? Sometimes it can be hard to see since girls mature faster...

Inspiring stuff though, thanks. Definitely going to start sarging again, it seems to have all the skills required to become an entrepenuer to be honest! Dedication, determination, never giving up, learning from failure, confidence....

Edit: Done ~24 approaches. Got one number but the girl turned out to live in Scotland fml, had the potential to get another number but I didn't bother when I found out she was studying in a Uni far away. Seems to be the same as you when you started off, it's probably not fantastic statistics but it's amazing for me considering I was an overweight nerd when I started...

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
Should I still approach girls when I'm in uniform (I'm 16, may be approaching girls with uniforms, or people w/o uniforms)?

Do you have anything to lose if you get rejected by girls in uniform as opposed to not being in uniform?

What would you suggest I do in awkward situations where the girl turns out to be like 2 years younger than me?

I'm not sure how your legal system works, but if it's legal, I don't see the harm... could be taboo. i'm not sure.

You've done 24 approaches already! Keep it up! You're light years ahead of me, given your age. I should be asking you for advice. Seriously. I just set up my first date after 92 approaches, which is pretty pathetic in my opinion. I don't even know how it will pan out, so I don't think I'm at all qualified to answer your questions.

In the United States, Nike is famous for its slogan "Just do it", which is featured in many of its commercials and advertisements. If I had one piece of girl advice to give you, Nike's slogan would be it. "Just do it". Again, I don't think I'm pro at this either so please take what I say with a grain of salt.

Cyfer

Don Juan
Reaction score
thechosenone2190 said:
Should I still approach girls when I'm in uniform (I'm 16, may be approaching girls with uniforms, or people w/o uniforms)?

Do you have anything to lose if you get rejected by girls in uniform as opposed to not being in uniform?

What would you suggest I do in awkward situations where the girl turns out to be like 2 years younger than me?

I'm not sure how your legal system works, but if it's legal, I don't see the harm... could be taboo. i'm not sure.

You've done 24 approaches already! Keep it up! You're light years ahead of me, given your age. I should be asking you for advice. Seriously. I just set up my first date after 92 approaches, which is pretty pathetic in my opinion. I don't even know how it will pan out, so I don't think I'm at all qualified to answer your questions.

In the United States, Nike is famous for its slogan "Just do it", which is featured in many of its commercials and advertisements. If I had one piece of girl advice to give you, Nike's slogan would be it. "Just do it". Again, I don't think I'm pro at this either so please take what I say with a grain of salt.
Cheers, I'll get off my ass and do it :)

Planning to ask a girl out from my school in a weeks' time. I've talked to her at great lengths but over messages rather than in person since I don't really get to see her privately (different classes, I see her at break/lunch). I'd been flirting with her although she turned weird recently, cutting me off mid sentence to look at someone else. Not sure whether she's trying a technique or she's just worried about exams, so I decided to completely black her out of my life for week, only smiling if I see her in the corridor, and see how she reacts.
After that week is up, if she doesn't initiate anything then I'll start up stronger and harder than before, and then be direct. Do you have any suggestions? I'm thinking of just looking into her eyes and telling her that I want to get to know her, asking her out on a date... but I've never been on a date or even kissed a girl before. Could you give me any advice on what to do for a first date as a 16-yo? All I know is that I shouldn't go for the movies because you don't get to interact.
Or should I do something else (when being direct to her). I don't think strategies like negging/long term will work, my school is ridiculously male dominated (70/30 males/females) and there are clearly other guys that like her, plus she's focussed on studies like crazy.

Thanks for the motivation and advice. Good luck in your date!

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
*update*

hb from approach 92 is not a hb6.5. she is more like hb6 or hb5. the reason why i mistakenly rated her so high was because she was wearing tight clothing at the gym, i had approached her from the side, and i only had a back and side view of her for the most part. plus, she was working out her thighs at the gym when i first met her, which made me overinflate her rating in looks.

to make a long story short, we went ice skating, and, this being my first time ice skaing, i made a fool of myself. nonetheless, her interest level in me was sky high, but i don't feel the same attraction towards her. didn't escalate or anything on this date sexually.

my standards are hb7s at a minimum.

@Cyfer
there are two schools of thought in the world of dating.

one school of thought is the pick up artist way, in which you have to act a certain way, convey higher value, and go through a series of steps such as negs, canned routines, and gimmicks, to attract the girl. Erik von Markovik aka Mystery is perhaps a prime example of a pick up artist. i am no expert in the pick up artist ways, which seems to be the kind of advice you are asking for. if you want advice on how to act a certain way or somehow trick the girl into thinking you are better than you really are, you may want to ask someone on a pick up artist forum such as http://www.theattractionforums.com.

here at sosuave, we preach the other school of thought, which is the Don Juan way. to be a don juan, you just have to be yourself. more importantly, you have to be true to yourself. you don't have to analyze and strategize every action you take. you just have to be comfortable in your own skin and ask a girl for her phone number or out on the date without any bull crap. if she says no, then keep trudging along and make more approaches. in the process, you are constantly learning from your mistakes and improving yourself in all aspects, such as finances, health, and appearance, so you can increase your success rate and value. there is no shortcut. that is the don juan way that sosuave mainly preaches here i believe. a don juan will never ask himself "what should i do if this happens" or "does she like me?" or "what can i say to make her attraction go up"? a don juan will ask "has she proven her worth to me?" or "is she worth my time?". it's an entirely different state of mind.

as an aspiring don juan, i would advise you to stop analyzing so much. cut through all the bull crap and just ask her out. "hey --, are you doing anything on [day] at [time]? let's go out to [some action date]." don juans like action dates because that's what guys do. it's in our nature to do action things, not chat over dinner or go to the movies, which is boring crap girls do. do you play any sports? ask her out to play that sport with you. if... i'm just saying "if" she says no, move on. thank her for not wasting any more of your time and energy, and work on improving yourself. keep your grades up, hit the gym, and work towards accomplishing your lifelong goals. you have ambitions outside of chasing girls right? just working on yourself and your personal goals will also help you attract women along the way. of course, don't stop approaching girls. just don't chase girls at the expense of your own personal goals and ambitions

i believe a true Don Juan acts the same way as a Pick Up Artist at the end of the day. however, the Pick Up Artist is faking it. A don Juan does it naturally because of how much confidence he has in himself and how far along he is at being the best person he can possibly be in life.

Cyfer

Don Juan
Reaction score
thechosenone2190 said:
*update*

hb from approach 92 is not a hb6.5. she is more like hb6 or hb5. the reason why i mistakenly rated her so high was because she was wearing tight clothing at the gym, i had approached her from the side, and i only had a back and side view of her for the most part. plus, she was working out her thighs at the gym when i first met her, which made me overinflate her rating in looks.

to make a long story short, we went ice skating, and, this being my first time ice skaing, i made a fool of myself. nonetheless, her interest level in me was sky high, but i don't feel the same attraction towards her. didn't escalate or anything on this date sexually.

my standards are hb7s at a minimum.

@Cyfer
there are two schools of thought in the world of dating.

one school of thought is the pick up artist way, in which you have to act a certain way, convey higher value, and go through a series of steps such as negs, canned routines, and gimmicks, to attract the girl. Erik von Markovik aka Mystery is perhaps a prime example of a pick up artist. i am no expert in the pick up artist ways, which seems to be the kind of advice you are asking for. if you want advice on how to act a certain way or somehow trick the girl into thinking you are better than you really are, you may want to ask someone on a pick up artist forum such as http://www.theattractionforums.com.

here at sosuave, we preach the other school of thought, which is the Don Juan way. to be a don juan, you just have to be yourself. more importantly, you have to be true to yourself. you don't have to analyze and strategize every action you take. you just have to be comfortable in your own skin and ask a girl for her phone number or out on the date without any bull crap. if she says no, then keep trudging along and make more approaches. in the process, you are constantly learning from your mistakes and improving yourself in all aspects, such as finances, health, and appearance, so you can increase your success rate and value. there is no shortcut. that is the don juan way that sosuave mainly preaches here i believe. a don juan will never ask himself "what should i do if this happens" or "does she like me?" or "what can i say to make her attraction go up"? a don juan will ask "has she proven her worth to me?" or "is she worth my time?". it's an entirely different state of mind.

as an aspiring don juan, i would advise you to stop analyzing so much. cut through all the bull crap and just ask her out. "hey --, are you doing anything on [day] at [time]? let's go out to [some action date]." don juans like action dates because that's what guys do. it's in our nature to do action things, not chat over dinner or go to the movies, which is boring crap girls do. do you play any sports? ask her out to play that sport with you. if... i'm just saying "if" she says no, move on. thank her for not wasting any more of your time and energy, and work on improving yourself. keep your grades up, hit the gym, and work towards accomplishing your lifelong goals. you have ambitions outside of chasing girls right? just working on yourself and your personal goals will also help you attract women along the way. of course, don't stop approaching girls. just don't chase girls at the expense of your own personal goals and ambitions

i believe a true Don Juan acts the same way as a Pick Up Artist at the end of the day. however, the Pick Up Artist is faking it. A don Juan does it naturally because of how much confidence he has in himself and how far along he is at being the best person he can possibly be in life.

...I don't think I can express how much value your words pose to me. This is exactly what I have been looking for, exactly what I've been trying to strive to, and express in myself. Thank you. Thank you very much.

Firstly, it's good to see that despite it being 92nd approach, you're not just doing it for quick relief/something to get over being alone. As you tell me more of what 'Don Juan' seems to mean, it looks like you are truly embodying it. You are keeping up your standards and taking the long, painful route.

I don't value the pickup artist route at all. I detest presenting a fake personality, it's actually something I tried doing at one stage in my approaches before I realised that I was actually destroying my chances of a relationship, since it was never true honesty. I think pickup artists are creepy, in the same way that I would abhor a girl that tried to use techniques to attract me.
In a sense, yes I am looking for advice as to what I can do, because I feel I need some sort of small guidance before committing to a great leap. For example before I did approaches, I watched the guys at SimplePickup (youtube) say that it was fine if I got rejected, that they gave me 'permission' to face what society thinks is awkward. That tiny video cascaded into changing me entirely as a person. However I don't think I'm looking for 'you have to say x and y, and act like this', because then I would be living my life as a nervous wreck, unable to ever relax since I need to concentrate constantly.

I agree entirely with what you described as the Don Juan way. I am fine with this process of failure and retrial taking years, because it will be worth it when I truly begin my life as an adult. In the same way I've come to accept the fact that it will take me two to three years without supplements to have a cut physique. It makes me value the experience, and savour the moment because I know the work I've put into it.
Thank you for the advice, I'll go for it. Yeah, stopping analysing my actions is something I've learned recently, it feels liberating.
I do have interests outside of school, I've promised myself that I will never make girls my life; if someone becomes the centre of my life then I will never be free. I hope to go to Cambridge (best University in England) and become an entrepreneur whilst being fit and healthy. What are you aspirations? As for sports, I do boxing although I want to become aesthetically built before I commit myself to it completely.

At the moment though, I think getting to the point where I have complete belief in myself and my ability is my main goal, but girls and pickup are a tool I'll use to get there, not an endgoal.

Once again, I completely agree with you. I want to become the strongest version of myself. Thank you. I've saved what you've said and even written notes, because it's the first time this month that someone's words have hit so true.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@ chosen one - congrats on the date, and even more for keeping standards.
@ cyfer - welcome try starting your own approach journal :up:

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
hahaha. honestly, i'm still a newb at all this.

@cyfer i have the same aspiration as you. i also want to start my own business.

@purefilth eh you give me too much credit for going out on a date with an average looking hb

@fly by night, NO i did not improve my conversational skills. i doubt it. i've just improved my confidence to make more cold approaches.

Approach 93
my friend invited me to take an introductory class in mma fighting using a deal from groupon. i did NOT expect the girl to guy ratio to be so good for an mma class, but groupon is popular amongst females, so that's probably why. our instructor was teaching two different classes within the same room. while he was teaching the other group, i tapped a hb7 on the arm in front of me.
me: excuse me. is this your first class?
hb7: yea it is
me: oh ok. you used groupon right?
hb7: what
me: groupon?
hb7: yep. i'm using the groupon deal to take this class. you too?
me: yep
*fast forward a bit towards middle of session. the instructor just finished teaching us a new but rather complicated move at this point*
me: hey guys listen up! this is how it's done. just watch me *said it in a overly ****y and loud way so hb7 could also notice me. then, i started spinning on the floor in a circle by kicking my legs out like a horrible breakdancer, completely bombing what the instructor just taught us to do. it was pretty complicated move anyways. i got everyone around me including the hb7 to start laughing hard at me.*
hb7: haha you're just kicking your legs out in a circle like this
me: that's what he told us do isn't it?
*fast forward towards end of class when everyone is packing up to leave*
me: hey what's your name?
hb7: --
me: cool nice to meet you. i'm --. so are you taking any other classes?
hb7: yea i'm going to try out ?? and ?? classes next week. see what it's like. what about you
me: i don't know yet. i haven't seen all the other classes there are yet. i just came cuz my friend brought me along.
hb7: oh ok. got you
me: are you going to continue taking this mma class? *stuttered a bit here in saying mma. i might have said emimi instead of mma*
hb7: m-m? sorry what'd you say?
me: are you going to keep taking this mma class? *---- ME!! for stuttering lol*
hb7: nah. i'm going to keep trying out other classes and use up my groupon deal before committing to any class.
me: cool. hey you got your deal off groupon right? not living social?
hb7: yea. i used groupon for the deal
me: is there a 30 day limit to when you can use the deal? like it expires in 30 days?
hb7: yea i think so. 20 classes for 30 days. that's what my voucher said
me: ok thanks. my friend told me the same, but i couldn't find it anywhere in the paper.
hb7: yea it's hard to read
*i quickly turn back to get my cell phone out of my bag*
hb7: ok it was nice meeting you! goodbye! *waving goodbye to me while i'm desperately reaching into my bag*
me: wait! what's your phone number! *i said this so loud across the room. lmao everyone could hear me in the room.*
hb7: ok *starts walking back towards me instead of going for the exit*
me: here. just put it in *hand her my cell phone to input digits*
hb7: you should have it in here now *hands phone back to me. she even put her own name in the phone as a saved contact!! but i only noticed this a few moments too late...*
me: how do you pronounce your name again?
me: cool see you later *now i saw she put her name in my phone. usually hb's just put in their digits. she went the extra mile to put her name in!! it must be a sign... lol*

Approaches: 93
Phone Numbers: 21

again, i gotta love approaches made on the fly.

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
so i texted the following message to the HB7 from approach 93 during the superbowl game but never received a response:
"Hi --. This is --. We met at the mma class. How are you doing? Are you watching the superbowl?"

i'm also participating in the 3rd annual Anti-approach anxiety competition, which spurred me on to make the following 6 approaches today. not a good day. got one phone number today, but i accidentally deleted it

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=202218&page=5

Approach 94
HB7 is shopping for earrings in clothing store. She is about 5-10 years older than me, but still smoking
Me: Excuse me i really like your gloves
HB7: oh my gloves? thank you
Me: they're all glittery and stuff. where did you get them?
HB7: Where did i get them? i think i got them at J-crew
Me: I might need to get me a pair. what's your name?
HB7: --
Me: Nice to meet you i'm -- *hb7 goes back to looking at earrings* Where are you from?
Me: oh cool. so you just got out of work and decided to do some shopping?
Hb7: yea i just got out of work
Me: are you buying earrings for your mother or something?
Hb7: no i'm just buying them for myself
Me: Cool. these look nice *point at hoop earrings*
hb7: no i already have some like those
me: ok. what's your phone number?
hb7: i'm actually doing shopping for me fiancee
me: oh my bad
hb7: so it's not the right time
me: nice meeting you!
hb7: you too

Approach 95
I spot hb7 going inside grocery store, and i follow behind. as she crosses my path
me: excuse me, i really like your purse
hb7: oh thank you
me: what's your name?
me: nice to meet you. i'm --. where are you from?
hb7: mexico
me: oh really?
hb7: yea
me: what part?
hb7: around central mexico
Me: and you work here now?
hb7: yea
me: when did you move here?
hb7: about 1 and half years ago
me: wow your english is amazingly good
me: you went to some international school?
hb7: no i went to -- for college
me: really? i went to -- too!
hb7: no way. are you serious
me: yes!
hb7: what school?
me: college
hb7: me too! what year were you?
me: 2011
hb7: Me too!
me: so i'm guessing you're some kind of [profession]?
hb7: no actually i'm not.
me: that is very unusual
hb7: i know! all my friends are, my classmates are, my boyfriend is
me: haha what do you do?
hb7: [profession]. have you been in the city this whole time?
me: yea i've been working here for the past 2 years. do you go to the -- alumni events?
hb7: no i don't have time for that
me: yea me neither. what's your phone number?
hb7: *confused look* oh you want to hang out?
me: yea
hb7: ok it's --
me: here you put it in
hb7: *enters digits* here you go
me: how do you pronounce your name again?
thanks! nice talking to you
hb7: you too!

my phone reads "do you want to save contact?" and i hit "no" by accident, thereby losing her number. F*** MEE!!!! i actually start chasing her again to ask her to input it again, but then i stop myself short, remembering that she has a boyfriend already so it's probably not worth it anyways. i'm still so pissed at myself for pushing the wrong button on my phone.

Approach 96
I get off train and HB6 walks over to other side of platform waiting for train
Me: hi. i really like your outfit. it's all grey and it just really caught my attention
hb6: oh thank you!
*hb6 turns around and walks 5 ft away from me*

Approach 97
HB7 walks out of DSW shoe store and passes by me
me: excuse me
*hb7 stops and turns around*
me: i really like your sneakers
me: did you get them from the store?
hb7: no i got them from france
me: oh you're from france?
hb7: yes
me: how long are you staying here?
hb7: i stayed for 2 weeks to visit my sister, but i'm leaving this saturday
me: i'm sorry what? *she had a very strong french accent*
hb7: this saturday i'm leaving
me: oh you're leaving this saturday
Hb7: yes.
me: got you. do you plan on coming back here?
hb7: what?
me: do you plan on coming back here later on?
hb7: sorry i don't understand
me: here. do you ever want to come back to america later on?
hb7: maybe!
me: cool. what's your phone number?
hb7: *shrug* i don't know what my number is here
me: ok nice meeting you
hb7: you too

Approach 98
HB7 in supermarket is shopping for frozen foods
Me: Excuse me i really like your jacket
HB7: oh thank you
Me: What's your name?
HB7: *pause* --
Me: Nice to meet you i'm --. Did you just get out of work?
HB7: No i don't work
Me: ok. you go to school here then right?
HB7: nope *hb7 turns away from me and continues shopping, acting as if i no longer exist*
Me: you really look like you just got out of work *she was wearing business formal*
*hb7 chuckles a bit and pushes her shopping cart further away from me to continue her shopping*
Me: What's your phone number?
*hb7 chuckles a bit more with her back turned to me*

Approach 99
HB6.5 is waiting outside of Barnes and Noble. i walk up in front of her and wait for her to take off ear phones
Me: Hi i really like your boots.
Hb6.5: oh thank you
HB6.5: --
Me: Do you work around here?
Hb6.5: nope
Me: you study here at -- university right?
HB6.5: close. i go to a different school
Me: -- right?
HB6.5: yep the -- school
Me: Oh that's a really good school
HB6.5: yea i go to -- campus
Me: That's around -- street right?
HB6.5: no -- street. a bit further north. are you from around here?
Me: well i work downtown. i grew up in central [state]
HB6.5: [state]? ok
Me: Where are you from?
HB6.5: russia
Me: oh cool. why'd you move here?
HB6.5: because my parents are here haha
Me: oh ok
HB6.5: i moved here when i was 3
Me: got you. so you grew up here your whole life
HB6.5: i move between russia and america a lot
Me: *nod head* so do you plan on staying here?
HB6.5: yea
Me: you don't like russia?
HB6.5: it's not as modern as it is here
Me: got it. i'm sorry to hear about what happened in russia. *hb6.5 looks confused* i heard about the meteorites that came crashing down on russia and caused a lot of damage
HB6.5: haha oh yea
Me: i also heard that those meteor rocks are selling for a lot of money
HB6.5: haha yea unfortunately i don't have any
Me: I got some rocks from the meteor at my house i'm willing to sell to you. i'll cut you a deal and sell them to you for $3000 each, a big discount from what they sell in russia
HB6.5: haha i'm sure you do
Me: what's your phone number?
HB6.5: i'm actually waiting out here for my boyfriend
Me: oh my bad! nice meeting you
HB6.5: you too!

Approaches: 99
Phone Numbers: 22 (yes i included the phone number i accidently deleted from approach 95. i still haven't forgiven myself)

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is always fascinating how many of these chicks have boyfriends. Fvcking liars, LOL.

Good work doing all those approaches in the real world. Repped.

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks darth

approach 100
HB7 is crossing my path from my right to left headed towards an intersection. it is dark outside
Me: Excuse me
HB7: oh yes?
Me: i really like your purse
HB7: my purse? oh thank you
Me: is it gucci? or louis voutton?
HB7: no it's [brand i forgot]
*signal turns green and hb7 proceeds to cross the road*
*hb7 is gone*

Approach 101
HB6.5 is browsing for clothes with some friends. I didn't see this one coming, but her friends looked like they were still in high school or something. I didn't notice until after i opened her. No pedo. please don't judge me. it was an accident. she is probably at least 18.
Me: excuse. i really like your purse
HB6.5: ? oh... thanks
HB6.5: ...--
Me: Where you from?
HB6.5: --
Me: oh cool. i was born in --!
Hb6.5: ...
Hb6.5's friend A: *taps me on left should* hi!
me: hi *turn back towards Hb6.5*
Me: I really like [genre] music from -- like [artist] and [artist]
Hb6.5: oh i don't know them...
HB6.5: eh *looks left and right*
HB6.5's friend b: she doesn't want to give out her number
Me: Is that true? It's ok if it is
HB6.5: um... yea
Me: ok no worries! *eject*

Approach 102
it's dark outside, but, for the sake of winning this competition, i approach a hb7 walking towards me from the opposite direction
Me: excuse me
HB7: yes?
Me: i really like your purse
HB7: oh thanks *continues on walking*

moving targets are the most difficult hands down

Approach 103
I walk into a university bookstore that looks for the most part empty. I spot a hb6.5 to my left when i first entered, but i couldn't make out her face, since she was facing away from me. After scouting the whole bookstore for hbs to no avail, i walk towards the exit. Before i reach the exit, I see the same hb from before, and i retract my steps and start walking towards her to get a better view of her face. At this point, there's no going back, i have to go in for the approach. She spots me standing beside her from her peripheral vision
Me: Hi. i really like your purse
HB6.5: oh my purse? thank you
Me: is it gucci? louis voutton?
Hb6.5: no it's long champ
Me: cool i need to get me one of those
HB6.5: you want to get one? haha
Hb6.5: ...--
Me: Nice to meet you. i'm --
Hb6.5: you're what?
Me: Nice to meet you. My name is --
HB6.5: oh --. sorry i didn't hear you at first
Me: no worries. so are you a student at --?
HB6.5: no, i'm actually not. i'm here with a friend. she goes to -- here though. are you a student at --?
Me: no, but i did get accepted at --. *grin* what do you do? do you work?
HB6.5: yea in --
Me: oh cool
HB6.5: what about you? what are you doing here?
Me: I just got out of work. i work downtown and i'm just here to buy some underwear
Hb6.5: i don't think the university bookstore is the right place to buy underwear
Me: oh yea woops *headsmack*
HB6.5: haha
Me: great way to spend your friday night! here at the bookstore
HB6.5: oh yea haha *calls her friend on the phone while i'm still standing there*
Me: your calling your friend here?
HB6.5: yea *she talks on the phone with her friend, while i'm waiting for her to finish. after she gets off phone...*
Hb6.5: *hesitates* uh
Me: here just put it in *hand her phone*
HB6.5: oh ok fine
Me: so is your friend coming to pick you up?
HB6.5: no i just can't find her. *friend arrives to my right*
HB6.5: there you are!
HB6.5's friend: who is this?

at same time...
HB6.5: just some guy i met
Me: we go way back. we went to middle school together

hb6.5's friend: I thought you said you wouldn't see any more men. well i'll see you later *leaves me and hb6.5 alone*
me: so how do you know her?
hb6.5: blah blah *she was slowly maneuvering towards exit*
Me: alright it was nice talking to you
hb6.5: you too!

Approach 104
hb5.5 is looking at sunglasses. i thought she was a 7 until i tapped her on the shoulder
Me: excuse me
HB5.5: yes
Me: i really like your boots
Hb5.5: oh thanks
HB5.5: --
me: nice to meet you. i'm --. so do you work around here?
HB5.5: no
Me: do you go to school here?
Hb5.5: no
Me: so what do you do?
HB5.5: i'm going shopping!
Me: oh yea haha. *got a little intimidated by that comeback* what's your name?
HB5.5: huh? --
Me: oh yea that's right i asked you already. sorry i'm a little nervous *my ego died here*
HB5.5: i can tell. you're buying glasses right?
Me: yea i was buying glasses and i noticed your boots and i was like wow those are some nice boots. where'd you get them? i need to get me a pair
HB5.5: i don't remember. these boots are actually really old and worn out
Me: no they're not... what's your phone number?
HB5.5: i actually have a boyfriend already
Me: oh ok nice meeting you!
HB5.5: you too!

Approach 105
at a food court, I tab hb on shoulder. i thought she might be a hb6 or hb7, but she turned out to be a hb5 when she turned towards me. she looked a bit older than me too
me: hi i really like your purse
hb5: oh thank you
Me: what's your name?
hb5: --
*insert boring chit chat here. i just asked her what she does, where she's from, and where she lives. she's a fashion designer for young boys clothing*
Hb5: *surprised* ... ok it's --
Me: got it nice meet you!

Approach 106
at bakery, i tab hb6.5 on shoulder
me: excuse me i really like your shoes
hb6.5: oh thank you
me: didn't justin timberlake wear those shoes at the grammy's or oscars?
hb6.5: who?
me: justin timberlake? *they looked exactly the same as the black and white shoes justin timberlake wore at the 2013 grammy award show in his tux. i still think they're the same shoes*
hb6.5: justin timberlake? oh no!
hb6.5: --
me: nice to meet you. my name's --. so what do you do? do you work?
hb6.5: no i go to school
me: what do you study?
hb6.5: fashion design *same field as hb from previous approach. i was not in some fashion district in case you're wondering*
me: cool! do you study like men's fashion?
hb6.5: yea
me: cool... *hb walks to another area with back turned to me*
me: what's your phone number?
hb6.5: sorry no!

after i buy a brownie and walk out of bakery, i notice the same hb6.5 standing with 2 other guys outside. i didn't know she was with them. i could probably take them both on anyways if i had to

Approaches: 106
Phone Numbers: 24

i am not hitting up hb from approach 105. i feel guilty for using that number close to inflate my stats

Cyfer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of these are pretty brutal 'walks away with back turned to me' or 'chuckles as she pushes shopping cart'.

It seems that you need to improve your immediate impact. Perhaps hit the gym with aesthetics? Or simply try to be more interesting in your first line, rather than just complimenting them. Plus complimenting shoes/bag isn't really what a masculine guy would do, tell them you think their eyes are cute or something. I certainly would be ashamed if I could spot a Louis Vitton bag without directly seeing a brandmark/label.

What kind of business are you thinking of setting up?