MVPlaya's DJ Boot Camp

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DOWNLOADING PROBLEMS

Some guys have expressed problems downloading the BIBLE. Nich Hill has addressed these problems by setting up a mirror for you guys. I suggest that you download these files to your harddrive.

Originally posted by Nicholas Hill
http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40371
Some countries apparently can't view the Bible hosted in its current location.

This applies to only a few of you - If you can't see the bible by clicking the link at the top of this page then you have the problem.

Click here instead. Today, I made a HTML copy:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/nicholashill/mirror.htm

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gotten 26 Hi's in six days. This is because at school it would seem out of place, and the neighborhood that I live around is unfriendly. I'll admit I could have gotten more.

I'm middle-class, white, and a teenager. The immediate area that I live in is pretty much the same. However, a couple of blocks out you reach the lower-middle class black/latino area. Today I tried saying hi to people who I saw around this area on the way to the mall, but after the third person glared at me like they wanted to hit me I gave up.

In my opinion the boot camp is made primarily for college students. Other high school students whose threads I've read (rawkinkaoticstyle) seem to be doing it, but with limited success. They got thrills out of the strange looks that the people who they said hi to gave them. This seems somewhat counter-productive, since I take that to mean they're seen as outgoing - but strange.

TheMinistered

Don Juan
Reaction score
Porky, not true! I am, indeed, in high school. Although, I am 18 and much more mature. Additionally, I can go many places that you can not. I think that The DJ Boot Camp suggests that you be 16 and older, and for good reason. You are trying to play your game on the wrong type of people. If I went into the mall, right now, and said hello to a black person, they would stare at me like a deer cought in headlights and say, "What the fvck do you want cracker?"

You should only say hello to those who are worthy to be in your presence. What makes someone worthy? Well, that depends... I would have to say they need to respect me, they can't have an ass for a face (lol), they have to know how to act in public, etc...

Usually if you say hello to these people they will give you a warm smile and a welcoming hello back.

I don't know if this makes any sense to you, but it does to me ;) good luck and get back out there.

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1, Day 5

Race is usually not an issue, unless you live in Alabama. I say Hi to Whites, Blacks, Latinas, Philipinos, etc., and none stare at me like "What the f_ck you want, cracker [or Terrorist, in my case]." If you act with confidence, you can say anything to someone from another race. I was down in Oakland the other night with some boys and we were going to a liquor store and right in front there were two big black guys. We just walked up to em, said "Wassup n!gga," fived em, and walked inside. Its only when you look at someone like Please Don't Call Me Cracker that you need to worry.

I've gotten better at HIing, I've said about 10 more, but not at my campus. People at my college are stuck-up *****es, people think its weird when you Hi them, so I've got an "impediment" to saying Hi, I wonder how this will work out next week.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Week 1, Day 5

Originally posted by MVPlaya
Race is usually not an issue, unless you live in Alabama.
Hey man, back off of AL. Race is only an issue if you MAKE it an issue. Yeah, there are clueless people out there who hate every other race, but there hasn't been a problem here between me and anyone else.

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1, Day 5

OK,

I'm up to Day 5, Wednesday is Doom's Day, last day to log in progress and I am on 34 HIs, 16 short of my goal. I am comfortable with saying HIs even though most people on my campus are stuck up. Anyway, malls are a more hospitable environment and I seem to have much more friendliness success there. Parties are the best, but those HIs and convos don't count to me because everyone is there to meet others so I think my party achievements are not really achievements.

Anyway, just letting you guys no that if you enrolled and you don't report your progress in for Week 1 by Thursday (meaning Wednesday at THE latest), then you are officially dropped from the roster. In fact, I might be tempted to keep you on the roster so that you receive an F and 0 credit at the end of the semester.

Guys, log in your tallies.

HI's: 34

Peace,
MVPlaya

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Went around the mall, got the needed HIs in. Mission: Week 1 completed! I feel pretty damn good...

HIs: 50+!!!!

Guys, tomorrow is the last day to post results, so start posting! Week 2 reading will be posted tomorrow at 11PM, after that, its Week 2.

------------------

IF YOU DON'T POST YOUR FIRST PROGRESS BY THE END OF TOMORROW (WEDNESDAY), YOU HAVEN'T FOLLOWED THROUGH ON YOUR OBLIGATION... The deal is that when you say you're in, you follow through, if you just said "count me in" and never revisited this thread again, then tomorrow is the last day to "be in."

Otherwise, you won't be counted as people who have participated and you will be advised not to clutter our thread during Week 2. I will post a list of all those who have fulfilled their obligations by reporting progress at least 1x when I post Week 2 readings, those who are not on the list are advised to start their own bootcamp (its easy) or join someone else's.

Last edited:

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MVP good effort congratulations on finishing week 1 !!

big jer

Reaction score
i'm a little late, but i need this. i found this site about a week ago and have been doing this type of stuff since. i'm at about 30 e.c.s and 20 hi's.
i won't stay motivated on my own, so i'm glad to be a part of this. good luck playas!

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got my 50+ Hi's today. Amazing what you can accomplish in a week in college...Now time to accomplish my paper for tommarow...

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey big jer

Big Jer, you're still welcome to join, remember though, we are about to move on to Week 2. So get PLENTY of HIs out tomorrow because Th we are officially in Week 2. However, just because we are in Week 2 does not mean we can't continue Week 1 exercises; anyway, glad you joined. And good thing you joined our thread!

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TIME's RUNNING OUT!

OK, this is THE last day to get your final word in... here's how it works, if you've said you wanted to be in this BootCamp in this thread... but have not yet posted results from your bootcamp activities, 11:59PM is the last time to post results. If you do not post results by then, you are no longer part of this bootcamp... THIS post will be updated at 12:00 to show who's still part of the BootCamp and who isn't.. after that post, Week 1 is over and this thread is closed to newcomers (although advice is always appreciated).

2c2bt

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's Wednesday, and I only went out that one time last week. I feel like I could have put more effort into it, and am pretty disappointed in myself. I wasn't able to do my 50 HIs. Does this mean I have to do week one again while everybody else is on week two?

rickosuave

Reaction score
Alright, one week down seven more to go. This past week was pretty hectic for me so I got somewhere in the area of fifty hi's. I also followed along last week with another bootcamp and so that should have put me over the top.

On the other side of things, I went to wedding this weekend and my AFCish ways prevented me from asking girls to dance:( , but no longer will that happen!!

I also started reading the book of shuma gora and its a very long read. Interesting but long. Oh well week two here I come!!!
:cool:

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1, Day 7: We're Done!

Week 1 Ends!

Congratulations, guys! We've finished Week 1. This means 2 things, 1: on to the more important stuff, 2: if you're new and want to join, start you're own thread. I've hereby posted a roster, showing those who are still enrolled, and those who are dropped. Feel free to mingle with your fellow Week 1 grads and pester the dropouts.

Now, if you're not entirely comfortable with your Week 1 experience: this does not mean you should re-do it, instead, if you have done at least 30ish or near there, you should continue Week 1 and strive to hit 50 in three days while (holding a separate tally) you are doing your Week 2 exercises.

ENROLLED:------DROPPED:
2c2bt----------Dale North
big jer--------David Aames
crazykid-------DJstudent101
Martin001------Longview
MVPlaya--------MindNsoul
Porky
rickosuave
TheMinistered
theproject

Last edited:

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 2: Bring Out Your Inner Smoothtalker

Week 2: Initiating Conversations with Strangers

In our first week, we learned to be at ease when saying Hi to strangers and how to hold eye contact with others without flinching (...too much). Week 2 will focus on approaching strangers and starting some simple small-talk.

Expected time to complete reading and exercises: 3 - 7 Hours.
Reading: 26 - 35.

================

MVPlaya's Music Picks:

2Pac - Me Against The World
50 Cents - In Da Club
N.O.R.E. - Nuthin'
Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing)
Ludacris - Saturday

Last edited:

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Changed title for you MVP. *In Shang Tsun voice* "It has begun!"

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1, Day 4

My god, I'm already on Day 4 and I feel BEHIND schedule.
So far I started some convos with kids at the library, got two in and wasn't flirting in either, one was witch this chick who clearly was not interested in flirting (she was at least 7yrs older) and this other was about a 6.5, didn't get me riled up to flirt. But I got some basic convo in, I convo'd this older guy who had a Laker shirt on, but that was real easy convo (LAKERS ROCK) so I don't know if that counts.

CONVO's: 2

----

On the sidenote, I went to this mad halloween party and there was this one babe (8.5) who was feeling me but I think I really ruined my game by being drunk. I usually have near-perfect memory, but that night I must have asked her her name 4 or 5 times throughout our conversations and I could see her IL drop, any better way to ruin your odds? That sucks, she was damn hat + 3 yrs. older. Well, I'll stay off the X-O next time.

TheMinistered

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 2, Day 1

I had to take a week's business trip, and it was a serious matter. Thus, I had to put my DJ bootcamp on hold for a week. Thans, and I look forward to building up my pimping skills.

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
UPDATE

HOLD UP!!!!!!!!

OK!!!!!!!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER PERSON HAS POSTED AN UPDATE ON WEEK 2!!! Crazy, 2c2bt, Bigs, Marty, Pork, Rico, Ministered, and Proj, nothing, absolutely nothing has come from Week 2.

The only thing I've heard is that Ministered came back from his business trip, I know that ain't the case with all of you. What's going on? Aren't you guys committed to becoming DJ's? I know I am. OK. Here is the deal, this bootcamp was designed to make us all the people we want to be, but no one replied so I don't know what's going on. (HUGE HANGOVER FROM HALLOWEEN?) Therefore, Week 2 is extended until Nov. 12. After that, its Week 3. Guys, New Year is coming up and you don't want your New Year promise to be "learn how to be a player." By then you should have a promise along the lines of "see how many 9's I can game."

OK. POST YOUR RESULTS. Guys, log in, post your results, how you're doing, that you didn't all die in a freak car accident. If no one else posts for Week 2, then I'm moving on to Week 3 anyway. Stick with it people, you know you really want to learn this, so what the hell do you have to do?

I know Palmela Handerson can give you some quick satisfaction right now, but trust me, the real thing is MUCH better. So why don't you stop scratching your balls and devote your time on something meaningful.

Post your Results, no ƒucking bullsh!t this time!