MVPlaya's DJ Boot Camp

TheMinistered

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1, Day 1

Well, the first day of boot camp is starting out good for me. I just finished reading pages 15 through 20 while drinking cup of coffee. I'm about to head out and see what happens when I try these exercises. I will edit this post, later tonight, with my results. Good luck to you all!

[edit (1): I went out into the big blue world to start exercising my new knowledge. I got some eye contact, a few smiles, and a few hi's. The one I enjoyed the most was with an HB9 who I cought eyes with, we both smiled, I said Hi and later we met and talked a little. Time to get back out there!]

[edit (2): I had a lot of success with the eye contact, however, I feel that when they look into my eyes and vice versa I need to hold the gaze a little longer and don't forget to smile, wave, or say hello.

I had some success at the movie theater when I went to get a drink. I got some eye contact and had a short conversation with an HB6 at the cash register. When she was giving my my change, I looked her in the eyes and slowly brushed my hand against hers as I received it. She smiled and asked me to talk to her after the movie so she could see how it went.]

Last edited:

Pap

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have any reservations about getting into the field, then boot camp can really help you. I went through the Don Juan Boot Camp about a year ago when I opened a different account. I've also been through mASF's boot camp...and created my own goals for my own personalized boot camp. Goal-orientation is great.

Cheers,

Papa ;)

MindNsoul

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: CLASSES HAVE BEGUN

Originally posted by MVPlaya
ALRIGHT PUPILS:

TUESDAY IS TOMORROW, READING LIST IS PUBLISHED
p. 15 - 25 of the DJ BIBLE BOOTCAMP

Here is the DJ Bible Bootcamp:
PDF: http://sucs.org/~nicholas/djb/djbc.pdf
WORD: http://sucs.org/~nicholas/djb/djbc.doc

Remember, next Wednseday (28th) is the LAST DAY for you to publish the results of your exercises. If you don't do this you are not succeeding... guys, lets get to it!
GUYS UNLESS DISCUSSING BOOT CAMP RELATED PROGRESS OR SUBJECTS. LETS KEEP SMALL TALKS OUT OF THIS THREAD TO REDUCE CONFUSION FOR MEMBERS.

MVPLAYER: the links you provided don't work..

Martin001

Reaction score
week 1, day 1

read all the posts and went out into the big wide world to get a few hi's. Did not quite go to plan. I kept on choking. I made good eye contact and often smiled, but the girls just kept looking down or away before i said hi. maybe i'm just doing it too late on as people were passing. England is not a very friendly place lol!

Thought i'd pretend that i knew the people i was approaching and that might help, but its like i have a mental block. So nothing today. it didn't help i was in the library for a while working, but there we go. I'm gonna keep trying, its not the end of the world, Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1, Day 1

I lost track of how many people I said hi to, but it was seven or eight. I'll say seven.

I got talked up today after finishing my PSATs, but happened to mention I had a date to homecoming. She quickly quieted up. Don't worry, I did this on purpose.

If you're just starting off on this, my suggestion is that you don't push it. Most of my hellos were to people I happened to be standing next to, who I saw in the hallway, bathroom, whatever.

Oh, by the way, I also suggest starting off with a compliment. Today was pajama day at school, so I'd just go up to people and say "nice boxers" or "nice slippers." Positive responses, because people love being complimented =)

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Porky
Joey, Alabama? Seriously man...

I'm from Montgomery county, about 20 minutes away from College Park. What about you?
Howard County, about 20 minutes away from anything. :D

Now time for the stats...Talked to about 15 different people (talked to, not just said hi) yesterday and things went well. Didn't make any new enemies (that I know of.) Most of these chats were when I was walking to class and had some time, or later in the day on the way to dinner. Got some "hi's," "hey's," and "what's up's?" Keeping up the work though. Good luck everyone.

2c2bt

Don Juan
Reaction score
Went to the mall. I did the eye contacts, but couldn't get any HIs out. My friend joined me, and we were able to do a few HIs together. Pretty bad.

Martin001

Reaction score
week 1 day 2

Another day that didn't go to plan at all. Got no sleep so was really tired and in a bad mood all day. It was raining heavilly all day as well, which meant there was nobody really out and about. went home in the afternoon for a short sleep, woke up like 7:00 lol! so didn't get out again.

Another wasted day. Anyway i'd say i've have enough eye contact with people, especially girls, although they always do look away. just no hi's as of yet. i'll keep trying, i haven't got very long. I need to get a move on soon. Tomorrow i'm gonna push it, i want at least 20.

rickosuave

Reaction score
ok guys, I'm hanging in there but not making too much progress. I was reading senior finger's weapons of mass seduction thread and its great. http://sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37716

I borrowed this and it might help on making e.c. and the hi :

Eye Contact
It's amazing how many people you can actually get to say "hi" to you. All you have to do is hold eye contact with confident body language and flash a sincere yet subtle smile at them. The smile is important, make sure it is a slight smile where your eyes scrunch up a little and the corners of your lips turn up, no teeth showing. Think Mona Lisa. This is a very inviting face to present to people and it also gives them a feeling like they already know you. Many times they will say hello, but even if they don't, I find they are more open towards me when I start off my approach this way.

Also, I went to Austin last weekend and as we were leaving a parking garage, I smiled to the attendant lady (hb6.5). We had a little chit-chat and I wound up not having to pay the 2.50:cool:
Later we went to some clubs there and I started dancing with this hb5 and somehow I wind up giving her my number - bad move, but I've got to practice one someone. BTW, don't give out your number. It will put the ball in her court and she will keep you sitting by the phone like a little pu$$y. Other than that- keep up the good work.

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1, Day 3

OK,

I feel so AFC. I still have some moderate difficulty with the eye contact thing. I feel like a stalker just eyeing people straight up like that. Nonetheless, I do the eye contact thing constantly and I look friendly towards people; Walden said that after a few days I should "get it." I don't. Nonetheless, I'm doing it constantly now.

On the "Hi!" thing. I said Hi! probably no more than 9x. For some reason I choke. I don't understand when to say Hi. When I am walking and someone is coming towards me from the opposite direction it feels weird saying hi. Once again, I feel stalker-esque. Saying something more contextual like morning or paying a compliment works better, or starting a conversation, but a bare hi makes me uncomfortable. I sometimes choke when I try to say Hi. When do you guys say hi? When standing still next to someone. When just walking past them? Not too many returned my Hi's, just 2 guys & 1 girl. And none of them seemed to give a sh!t. Martin001, I know just where you're at.

Tomorrow me and one of my friends are going to hand out flyers for a party were throwing so I'll be saying plenty of hi's but thats psychologically different to me, when I say Hi and I follow up, it has a purpose, otherwise, a Hi to me is like something reserved only for acquaintances. Either way, I'll keep hi-ing, If I can't say Hi, then I sure as hell won't last through Weeks 3 and 4.

Wish me luck...
MVPlaya

-----------------------------------

ABOUT THE LINKS:

I have received some messages complaining about the links to Nick's website. To my understanding, the site had some bandwidth problems. The links I gave were correct and there were only a few people who had difficulties. I recommend that everyone DOWNLOAD the documents so as to prevent future headaches like this. Once again, I will post the LINKS. They ARE correct, if you have issues connecting: its either your/your ISP's problem or the website's bandwidth. Enjoy.

BIBLE SITE: http://sucs.org/~nicholas/djb/index.php

DJ BIBLE ITSELF:
PDF: http://sucs.org/~nicholas/djb/djbc.pdf
- or -
WORD: http://sucs.org/~nicholas/djb/djbc.doc

-----------------------------------

IN ADDENDUM:

Thanks for your article Ricko, that one helps.

Also, is it me or do you guys out there think the music picks are for fairies? I'll post my own Music Picks for this weeks reading:

Big Punisher - Not A Player
Digital Underground - Freaks of the Industry
2Pac - I Get Around
Notorious B.I.G. - Going Back 2 Cali

Last edited:

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Use the three second rule. When you see somebody, go say "hi" to them within three seconds.

I've also heard (and found) that trying to think of an opening line for every person you see helps out.

9 times in the first day is fine! You only need 50 this week. I got 7 the first day and 5 the next, and I'm already comfortable/confident about saying hi.

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Top effort guys keep it up!

As far as saying hi out of context , your right , but the thing is that you might be a bit shy. Being shy means you have a low threshold for what is "in context". When I make a cold PU , I don't have any better contex than I did six months ago , it's just that I'm bold enough to bluff my way through it. Try it out enough and oyu'll seeit work a few times and realise that context isn't as set-in-stone as you'd think.

MVP have you heard the Skarhead version of goin back to Cali

TheMinistered

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1, Day 3

MVPlaya, I took your advice. However, after the 8 week bootcamp, I will move each post there.

I'm in the same boat as MVPlaya. I don't have as much difficulty with the eye contact, but there is still some kinks that need ironed out. I have got some good replies from it, but most people don't even look up to give me the light of day. However, I constantly keep doing it too! Is it something I'm doing wrong?

To the "Hi" Matter, I did all right. I didn't say hello more than 12x though. However, I would say most of them were directed at HB6.5+ ,which was a very nerve wracking thing to do at the time.

Despite the craziness of it all, I actually said Hi to an HB9 earlier today. She smiled back and then she said something to her friend and started giggling.

However, I am still finding some problems getting eye contact with people. Usually, they walk past you without even giving you one drop of attention. However, the ones who did give me attention were somewhat successful for the most part. I wouldn't mind some tips though.

Last edited:

Dale North

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in. err... am I a little late?

theproject

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in too.

Today I started the hi deal. Actually got some positive feedback. Kinda surprised but since it is working I am going to stick with it.

Still tanning and lifting three times a week. Dressing nicer and shaved my goatee. And got my hair styled. Already heard I look younger.

Man this site rocks!!!

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1, Day 4

I GOT IT,

Walden, I got it! I finally "understand" the whole eye-contact. When I look at people, I'm now confident. I also do the whole smile-thing rickosuave's article mentioned. On the Hi thing though, I choke massively. Maybe its the kids on my college campus, they don't seem to return eye-contact or give a ƒuck about people around them. I got 3 HI's out today, and I'm FAAAAAARRRR from comfortable with saying it. I guess Walden's right though, just kind of bluff it. Here's my question though, (unanswered from before), when do you say HI? When standing next to someone? If someone is walking from the opposite direction, do you say HI? Also, if the other doesn't return eye contact, do you say HI? I hate to be such an AFC sometimes. I'm just wondering... Anyway though, I'll begin bluffing. About the shy-ness, I'm not shy in the traditional sense, but in your definition, having a high (not low) threshhold, I'm definitely shy. I'm a little more set in stone in my social ways. But hey, thats what I'm here for! To break that! (BTW., what is PU?)

About Skarhead's - Going Back 2 Cali, I checked it out, I like alternative music, but I didn't find Skarhead too appealing, thanks though.

-------------------

TO THE NEWCOMERS:

GUYS (Dale North and theproject), you are more than welcome to join the crew. Right now were in our first week and we're all on the same page. The reading is assigned and for you guys to be learning from this post you need to finish this week same time as everyone else (Oct 29th). After the 29th, we move into Week 2. When Week 2 is started, no new members will be accepted. The reason is this:
If there are people who are on Week 1 while others are on Week 2, they will:
1) Convolute the thread. W1'ers will be discussing things that others are way past and some of the attention we get from MDJs who are helping us out will be lost on W1'ers not 2's. Not too mention that W1'ers will distract W2'ers.
2) Hold others back. If a guy is in Week 2 and he faces a setback (e.g., he's too scared to approach people) and he sees people on the same thread doing Week 1, then he will be tempted to think, "Hey, he's on Week 1. Why don't I follow his pace and spend some more time on Week 1." While I do encourage everyone to move on their own pace (some here might already be prepared for Week 2) I think this would be bad because everytime he faces a setback he will be discouraged rather than more driven to succeed and he will begin to renege on his promise to learn how to DJ. Also, 1 week is plenty of time.

SO, IF YOU WANT TO JOIN AFTER OCT. 29:
Start your own THREAD! That's what I did. I read about the bible, I didn't see any threads that were on the same page as me so I started my own. I now have 12 members + some MDJs who check in and help us out. If you know how to type, you know how to start a thread.

Also, when Week 2 starts, I'm hoping a moderator (Yes, Crazykid, I'm eyeing you) will be kind enough to rename our thread from "Don Juan BOOT CAMP Classes Starting - Enroll Now!!!" to "MVPlaya's Don Juan BOOT CAMP Classes - Class Full" so that no newcomers will be confused by the title.

---------------

Walden, I know I'm not on that Week yet, but I'm throwing a good College Party this Saturday, any extra exercises you recommend?

---------------

BTW., guys, feel free to mingle with eachother, this way we'll be more driven and we can motivate eachother more.
AIM me: CaliService66

TheMinistered

Don Juan
Reaction score
MVPlaya, I'm having some of the same problems and success stories as you. Perhaps we can get in contact on like aim or something, and see what worked for each of us etc etc etc ;) what's your aim/other contact?

TheMinistered

Don Juan
Reaction score
It being the end of classes for this week (no classes tomorrow) I thought I would reflect some things that, as it seems, I've picked up on.

Eye Contact -> I find that, in order to get eye contact, you need to keep your head up and in a good mood. Once you start getting eye contact going, it snowballs. After each consecutive contact you will begin to get more & more confident, almost to the point of laughing because you have a huge smile on your face. Additionally, I find that if it is sunny outside and you are walking around you should try wearing a hat.

Smiles-> Once you start getting eye contact, this should make you happy. If not, then you are homosexual and should give up (lol). Once you're in a good mood the, smiles start coming more naturally. If you get stuck in a bad mood, try to keep the eye contact going, and keep building up the confidence.

Hello/Wave-> This one is a little harder for me. I usually choke because I think, "What if this happend, or omg what if that happend? ****, I can't do this." I find excuses to not wave or say hello, I think the key to my problem is not giving a flying fvck. I"m going to go test this out tomorrow at some places, wish me luck.

This is all I have to say for now, ttyl!

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hehe MVP you hafta be all about the death metal to like Skarhead I guess ;) .

When to say Hi is a tricky one. I usually say it at about five paces , but you should ty it at different distances , it's as much about getting yourself to intiate "out of context" as it is about saying "hi".

My Hi epiphany happened when I was walking across a skywalk corridor with tis chick coming the other way. We were the only people there so it was obvious that when I said hi , I'd be talking to her . I don't know why but thats when I realised I could do it. Go figure .

TheMinistered

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week1, Day 4

I just got back from a big day. I got this eye contact/smile thing down pat. I must have got ec from atleast 25+ people and 2/3 of them gave me a warm smile back. I really need to work on saying hello or hi though... all in all I think I did really good today! Perhaps... tomorrow will be even better? muhahaha I'm loving this!