money or pac

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Stagger Lee said:
I got to say this is the most over hyped boxing match ever. It really isn't deserving of being a pay-per-view main event, let alone the biggest ever. Mayweather was never an interesting fighter to watch with no KO power. It's not even a heavyweight fight, but welterweight. These guys are way past their prime.

I don't know how it got turned into $100 PPV and $5000 for a sports bar to where they can't even justify ordering it. That's the problem with boxing nowadays, too much sizzle and not enough steak. Better bouts than this use to be broadcasted on network TV.

Am I the only one that think this fight is overhyped?
No doubt that it has been hyped to the max. It's also no doubt that it should have happened much sooner.

The venue I'm going to to watch the fight is only charging me $23. I wouldn't do a $100 PPV for any event.

I like Pac, but want to see how much he has left in the tank.

Like the "Location" under my ID suggests, it will be a late night here on the "right" lol.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
No doubt that it has been hyped to the max. It's also no doubt that it should have happened much sooner.

The venue I'm going to to watch the fight is only charging me $23. I wouldn't do a $100 PPV for any event.

Like the "Location" under my ID suggests, it will be a late night here on the "right" lol.
That's not bad. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see the fight, but I just can't enjoy it as much in a loud venue. I'm just not going to pay $100 for this fight.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Watching Mayweather's interviews and commercials, the guy is smart. Hes a master manipulator and knows how to make money.

And people fall for it. He knows getting people to dislike him will get people to watch. He had to know that making people wait forever to see this fight would make tons of money too.

The guy just knows how to draw in the big bucks. He may be a douchebag, but he knows how to cash in.

The thing with Mayweather is he isn't what he portrays himself to be to make money.

Mayweather used to be completely down to earth. You'd see it in certain interviews. But boxing politics etc are vicious. Floyd wasn't making big money and was getting money stolen from his old promoter Bob Arum. Floyd wised up and left. Bought himself out and then learned to be "money mayweather" due to his appearance in wwe.

He knows people hate a rich black ****y athlete and knowing he can beat any opponent banked on the fact people will pay to see him lose. He taunts opponents, flashes money and acts like someone people love to hate. And he strings casuals along to hopefully see him lose like puppets.

Manny is a huge fraud. Been using tons of juice. His head literally grew from it. He had great stamina and punch resistance from it but also from manipulating opponents for the payday draining them, no rehydration clauses, made them test to make sure they werent juicing while he skipped out on his own tests, pulled up the past few opponents from lower weight classes, was using illegal wraps, paid off opponents to lose (clottey) made countless ridiculous excuses not to test with mayweather for years to both fight and prove they both arent using illegal substances. He got away with it as his promoter was infuriated floyd left him and became huge. So his promoter needed someone to make money off that he could pass off as the one to beat mayweather boxing needed it too as they all bank off the articles etc.

You watch tomorrow. This fight isnt going to be what people think. Floyd is going to walk manny down and its going to be like what floyd did to gatti. The juice is gone. Manny is broke. He owes 68 million in taxes. His promoter has robbed him blind and manny is far from the saint he's promoted as.

People are going to ve wondering why manny isn't throwing 100 punches a round and looking exhausted after a few rounds.

Manny has no defense. He isnt intelligent. He only knows to just throw.

Mayweather knows this will be his easiest fight for the biggest payday off his career based off a created myth of manny.

Its going to be ugly. Youll see.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:

go to a buffalo wild wings. Free to get in. Going with a group tomorrow night.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
I heard bars, restaurants, clubs and lounges are all charging for the fight? At least $20 - $30?

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Over-rated fight so far. I knew it would be more MEDIA than substance though.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
Hats off to Pacquiao. That dude is one tough mother fvcker. Floyd won. But imo after all is said and done Manny and his fans should be proud.

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn! :mad:

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
we have a newborn and i didn't want to have too many people over so I went to a bar to watch the fight. we paid 100 for a table we split it so it was only like 33 dollars

good lord what a boring ass ****ing fight lol. women watching in the bar was more entertaining then the fight.

i mean, i understand enough about boxing to understand just how technically supurior floyd is, but it doesn't' make it any less boring. The only hope in this fight was that manny would push the pace and he did for a mintue.

I was thinking today at the bar, I have not seen anyone get knocked out.. now mind you i don't watch boxing 24 x 7. i probably watch 3-4 fights a year on HBO/ PPV, I have not seen anyone get knocked out, like with a real live punch lol, since... what...Pac versus cotto in 2009. 6 ****ing years lol since i've seen someone actually hit the ground in a fight. This mother****er in the first undercard fight tonight took a ****ing knee like in football you can't take a ****ing touchback in boxing lol WTF

I think that's why people still love tyson. was he the best fighter ever? hell no. But dammit if you watched a tyson fight you were guaranteed one thing. someone, was getting knocked the **** out lol. Either tyson was going to destroy someone or he was gonna get knocked the **** out by someone but dammit you were going to be entertained.

The derby earlier today was easily the most entertaining event of the day

Rubirosa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Big respect for Mayweather....He showed freakish reflexes that are even more amazing when you consider that he's almost 40.
He was very humble and gracious in his post-fight interviews, even when some d!ckhead reporter tried to taint him with referrences to his past domestic issues....
Pacquiao came across as a sore loser....didn't give props at all to Mayweather.....
Most good boxing matches are when both fighters throw caution to the wind and let the punches fly, but boxing is the manly art of self defense, and if you REALLY watch what Mayweather is doing in there, it's f*cking brilliant. In terms of defensive abilities and counterpunching accuracy, he's the best I've ever seen.......

Did you see all the Basketball players there? If I paid $50K for a seat, and a 6'9" 300 pounder sat in front of me, I'd be pissed !!!

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean i don't expect every fight to be like the first round of Hagler / Harnes but I mean, ****, FIGHT. I just can't respect a guy whose entire game is based on not ever playing offense. Mayweather is perfectly content with throwing 3 punches a round if you through 4

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I mean i don't expect every fight to be like the first round of Hagler / Harnes but I mean, ****, FIGHT. I just can't respect a guy whose entire game is based on not ever playing offense. Mayweather is perfectly content with throwing 3 punches a round if you through 4
If Mayweather had no offense he wouldn't have the highest accuracy rate in the game if not of all time. Its a fact.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if by accuracy you mean sissy ass jabs that have no effect than sure lol

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
if by accuracy you mean sissy ass jabs that have no effect than sure lol
Sissy azz jabs = 48-0. Every opponent Mayweather faced must have sissy ass jabs as he's never lost.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
good lord what a boring ass ****ing fight lol.

i mean, i understand enough about boxing to understand just how technically supurior floyd is, but it doesn't' make it any less boring. The only hope in this fight was that manny would push the pace and he did for a mintue.

I was thinking today at the bar, I have not seen anyone get knocked out.. now mind you i don't watch boxing 24 x 7. i probably watch 3-4 fights a year on HBO/ PPV, I have not seen anyone get knocked out, like with a real live punch lol, since... what...Pac versus cotto in 2009. 6 ****ing years lol since i've seen someone actually hit the ground in a fight. This mother****er in the first undercard fight tonight took a ****ing knee like in football you can't take a ****ing touchback in boxing lol WTF

I think that's why people still love tyson. was he the best fighter ever? hell no. But dammit if you watched a tyson fight you were guaranteed one thing. someone, was getting knocked the **** out lol. Either tyson was going to destroy someone or he was gonna get knocked the **** out by someone but dammit you were going to be entertained.
I didn't watch the fight; I knew it would go this way.

Boxing is a sport, not a real fight. That was what was great about Tyson - he made it into a fight.

One of the guys I used to train mma with is now a pro heavyweight boxer. A few months ago, he fought a guy who was I think #10 or so in the world. The fight was frustrating to watch, because my buddy came to knock someone out, but his opponent would only tap him and run. Towards the end, my friend was just letting the other guy hit him, because it obviously didn't hurt at all. They ended up stopping the fight due to a supposed cut inside his mouth, even though there was no blood. It was a shady stoppage. After the fight, the boxing media called him "brutish" and "tough man-ish." He was bummed about losing, but ended up getting a huge contract out of it, because they said he looked good on TV - yeah, to people who wanted to see an actual fight.

MMA goes through the same thing - there's a difference between winning and being entertaining. If no one wants to buy a ticket or ppv to see you fight, it doesn't matter if you win. It's obvious in the UFC, too. World champion jiu-jitsu artists like Demion Maia will try to stand and throw, rather than take the fight to the ground. That's what people want to see, not ground fighting.

usernamedox11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
9Volt said:
The thing with Mayweather is he isn't what he portrays himself to be to make money.

Mayweather used to be completely down to earth. You'd see it in certain interviews. But boxing politics etc are vicious. Floyd wasn't making big money and was getting money stolen from his old promoter Bob Arum. Floyd wised up and left. Bought himself out and then learned to be "money mayweather" due to his appearance in wwe.

He knows people hate a rich black ****y athlete and knowing he can beat any opponent banked on the fact people will pay to see him lose. He taunts opponents, flashes money and acts like someone people love to hate. And he strings casuals along to hopefully see him lose like puppets.

Manny is a huge fraud. Been using tons of juice. His head literally grew from it. He had great stamina and punch resistance from it but also from manipulating opponents for the payday draining them, no rehydration clauses, made them test to make sure they werent juicing while he skipped out on his own tests, pulled up the past few opponents from lower weight classes, was using illegal wraps, paid off opponents to lose (clottey) made countless ridiculous excuses not to test with mayweather for years to both fight and prove they both arent using illegal substances. He got away with it as his promoter was infuriated floyd left him and became huge. So his promoter needed someone to make money off that he could pass off as the one to beat mayweather boxing needed it too as they all bank off the articles etc.

You watch tomorrow. This fight isnt going to be what people think. Floyd is going to walk manny down and its going to be like what floyd did to gatti. The juice is gone. Manny is broke. He owes 68 million in taxes. His promoter has robbed him blind and manny is far from the saint he's promoted as.

People are going to ve wondering why manny isn't throwing 100 punches a round and looking exhausted after a few rounds.

Manny has no defense. He isnt intelligent. He only knows to just throw.

Mayweather knows this will be his easiest fight for the biggest payday off his career based off a created myth of manny.

Its going to be ugly. Youll see.
called it

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two azzholes, one a has-been, square dancing for twelve rounds and the world bought into it.

There's a sucker born every minute. And Floyd knows it.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
Manny landed only 81 out of 429 punches thrown and gassed by round 6. Dudes making excuses his shoulder hurt. Floyd threw more and landed at a higher %. that's domination. So much for Manny's "power" "speed" and "angles". This might be the least amount of landed punches for Manny in years.

Manny gets credit for lasting the full twelve. That's about it.