money or pac

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
As I always said, it was always going to be more about the spectacle, rather than the substance. Kind of like what marriage is for women :rolleyes:

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Pathetic fight...mayweather ran and held all night, pac refused to sell out and go for the ko...not a good night for boxing. Exactly like the DLH/MW fight...fool me twice :/
Basically everyone's angry because what they expected to happen happened and what they wanted to happen didn't. That just goes to show how good Mayweather is.

Manny who was billed as "the one" to destroy Mayweather was not only held to the lowest punches thrown/ landed in his career but Mayweather threw and landed more. Pretty damn good for someone who "ran and held all night". How does one land more and throw more punches by being blamed as the one who ran and held all night?

And as for the poster who mentioned Tyson? Floyds mental fortitude is way beyond Tyson's. Tyson cracked and lost it soon as they started fvcking with him. Mayweather has been attacked by media, fans, etc. who are dying to see him lose but he keeps on winning.

Hell Tyson got the b1tch beat out of him by Lewis so bad Tyson was wiping the sweat off Lewis with a towel after their fight like a tough guy who was punked and got turned out in prison.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
I'm sick of people talking shlt about boxing. Yea it's far from perfect on the business and political aspect but the sport itself is like nothing else.

I don't deny mma is more brutal or hardcore but if anything it's safer. You get put to sleep or knocked out by a fluke shot which yes it's always dangerous but the fights end fast by comparison .

I want to see all the peoe who think boxing is a joke put some gloves and headgear on and try to last 3 active rounds. I guarantee you most ppl will punch themselves out in the first half of the first round and then burn nervous energy and tire out real quick after they start getting tagged.

Also ppl seem to think gloves are for padding to protect your opponent. They're actually more to protect your own hands. We can't throw kicks do arm bars, or spinning hammer fists but get in the ring with a boxer and try to keep up. I'll bet my life you wont. There's a reason they say that you can put a boxer in any sport and he'll excel. Boxing is just too physically, mentally and emotionally demanding of a man. It's hyper masculine if u ask me.

Also u can't compare heavyweight fights to welterweights. Not all Boxers are out to slug it out. There's many types of fighters and any 2 styles will decide what the fight will look like.

Go look up willie pep and Pernell Whitaker and then compare them to guys like roberto duran and Sugar Ray Robinson and then compare those guys to triple g and Julio Cesar Chavez all different styles that would make their fights all look different

As for floyd...... He will be remembered as "the best ever" to his admirers but to me he will be an elite fighter who coulda been one of the real greats if he actually fought all his biggest names in their primes (and his) and not only under his terms.
I was comparing floyd vs tyson mental toughness not weightclass.

As for floyd not fighting opponents in their prime? Who? Pacquiao? That dude had so many excuses it was laughable. Floyds also two years older. A side in boxing. If you want to beat the a side then you have to agree to their terms just like floyd had to vs de la hoya and just like mannys opponents had to do vs him. It goes for the klitschkos etc. Its nothing new.

Errol Spence should be the next mayweather.

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This fight should have happened 5 years ago. Pacquiao lost his killer instinct a while ago. The Pacquiao who gave cotto a deformed face would have made it more interesting. Neither of these fighters is what they were tbh.

Floyd is having one last fight, hopefully it's against Keith Thurman or Erislandy Lara, those are very challenging fights for different reasons. I belive he may fight khan in England though, he has a large fan base there and that fight would sell 90,000 tickets at wembley

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
Infern0 said:
This fight should have happened 5 years ago. Pacquiao lost his killer instinct a while ago. The Pacquiao who gave cotto a deformed face would have made it more interesting. Neither of these fighters is what they were tbh.

Floyd is having one last fight, hopefully it's against Keith Thurman or Erislandy Lara, those are very challenging fights for different reasons. I belive he may fight khan in England though, he has a large fan base there and that fight would sell 90,000 tickets at wembley
No. Manny just doesn't know how to cut off a ring. Pacquaio lost his "killer instinct" since he's been highly suspect due to his countless ridiculous excuses to not take a teaspoon of blood with Mayweather to prove they were both fighting clean.

Who knows who Floyd will fight next. Thurman is decent. Khan is a joke who won't fight anyone else who's a threat (Kell Brook being one.) Lara maybe. GGG? Who knows. Could be Kell Brook. My guess would be Floyd fighting GGG next.

And the 49th fight and "ending" his career is just negotiation talk. He'll end at that fight and get offered huge money to return for a final 50th fight to break Marcianos record.

PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Sorry you are nothing more than an average johnny come lately ballwasher for FMM...i said he ran and held because he...ran and held lol.
Ran and held while throwing and landing more than the 100 punches a round volume puncher Pacquaio. You're just pissed off that what you expected to happen happened and what you wanted to happen didn't.

Can you explain how someone runs and holds yet throws and lands more than the volume puncher who's output was held to the lowest of his career?

You can't. Because you are a casual "fan". How long have you been following boxing? I've been following for a long time dude. Way before Mayweather.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol I TOLD you Floyd was going to win, why is everyone shocked? People love to hate him but when he is retired and old people will regard him as one of the goats of boxing.

Floyd played you all with his ****y attitude, he is a brilliant businessman and the average non boxing watcher fell for it.

Cudos to the richest man in sports.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:
lol I TOLD you Floyd was going to win, why is everyone shocked? People love to hate him but when he is retired and old people will regard him as one of the goats of boxing.

Floyd played you all with his ****y attitude, he is a brilliant businessman and the average non boxing watcher fell for it.

Cudos to the richest man in sports.

Manny Pacquiao is already making excuses that his shoulder got hurt in training yet according to his entire camp and coach he had the best camp ever and was going to destroy mayweather. lol

His gloves were also taken away after the fight to be inspected by the Nevada State Athletic Commission as they suspect something is up with his gloves! I wouldn't be surprised as Manny was on film before illegally doing his wraps and I suspect he used something "extra" in them vs. Cotto and Margarito. We shall see what develops if anything.

Conveniently Manny forgot all about God soon as he lost and hasn't mentioned God since. LMFAO

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have seen better opponents then pac fight Floyd.

Cotto was closer then beating Floyd then any fighter I seen.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
No, you are a casual fan, your bias and lack of knowledge is obvious to everyone here. Pac had rtcuff surgery lmao...Floyd close to all time lows in punches thrown Himself

Bias? Sorry dude if facts are bias. Floyd still landed and threw more than a known volume puncher Manny (Floyd isn't known as one) who was held to his lowest thrown in his career. Yet you claim "ran and hold". Floyd must be Jesus they way he "ran and held" yet still managed to outbox and outland and throw more then a known volume puncher who was billed as fighter of the decade.

Manny's already making excuses. He can't take it he lost. Max Kellerman had Manny stuttering like a clown in the post fight interview. Pacquiao's camp claimed he was in the best shape of his life and had the best camp. Now all of a sudden Manny's shoulder was injured before the fight. Dudes now being investigated for lying on the pre fight questionnaire.

Boxing is the art of hitting and not being hit. Boxers take up boxing in an effort to learn how to box like Floyd not "block" punches with their face. Floyd IS boxing.

You have no knowledge of the sport. Your replies are evidence. What's obvious is many are clueless and like to "think" they know boxing but only watch to see KO's.

But since you know so much. You might want to take it up with countless professionals, trainers, judges, professional commentators who box as well who all say Floyd is the best ever.

It is what it is. There's someone eventually the greatest in any sport or one of them. Too bad you cannot accept it.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
^ in my many years of posting on boxingscene I have seen this copy/paste 1000x...nuthugger will nuthug nothing new

I've been on Boxingscene for years. The site is loaded with Pactard nitwits. You sound like a salty Pactard who parrots the "nuthugging" nonsense while "debating" with foolishness.

Sure you've seen it "1000 times". Post the exact post on here. You just can't take it when the obvious is in your face. De La Hoya himself says Floyd is most likely the greatest boxer. JMM wants no parts of Mayweather again when asked if he ever wanted to fight Floyd again. And there's many more previous opponents

I guess all professionals in the sport are "nuthuggers" too for saying Floyd's the best ever. Hell even his opponents say the same thing when interviewed after his fights.

Forget Boxingscene for a second and go learn something from Wilson Kayden. The dude doesn't have over 11,000 subs for nothing. He breaks down fights and had Al Haymon himself ban the majority of his video breakdowns in all countries. He made a video about that too showing the banned videos and the email.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Mt4z8VXeE

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
You really are just a flomo tho. Regurgitating points made by people who make a living off following boxing doesn't make you a bigger fan than anyone here. I remember watching my dad and his friends fill our tiny apartment to watch JCC fight hector macho Camacho when I was about 5 years old.

Floyd never faced a prime mosley or dlh and now a prime pac whether pac was juicing or not is irrelevant. DLH is one of the cleanest fighters in the sport but he waited for his decline to face him.

And MW vs ggg? Lol you are utterly cluelesd. Ggg currently has the best shot at beating FMW and if u don't believe me u can ask expert analysts. And I'm not talking about YouTube analysts I'm talking about max kellermen Roy jones etc.
There is no way in hell we will ever see ggg cs Mw. MW will never face ggg. But ggg will sign that contract and agree to Mw terms in a heartbeat. I will apologize to you formally of that fight ever happens. In actuality mw is more likely to take khan on. Even Thurman is too dangerous. He's highly versatile and very intelligent. And he can bang. Khan has hand speed and that's about it. His suspect chin has been exposed by Garcia among others.

You have a long way to go toll you can properly talk boxing naughty ninja
It is simply added facts. I cannot help what professionals in the sport say about the dude. If it doesn't fit with your agenda that's too bad. Does one need t ohear from experts that Pac is volume puncher? Does one need to hear from experts that Pac was held to his lowest output of his career or that Mayweather landed and threw more punches? So if someone says something and experts say it too it's just because experts said it. LMAO.

I've been a huge sweet pea fan. A huge Chavez sr fan, roy jones jr (who should have an asterisk due to his involvement with roids.) Calzaghe, and Hopkins (who I suspect is juicing himself. I'm not buying his "clean older guy who keeps going story" true he's crafty etc. But the dude freaked out when asked by Pascal to take a drug test. That was suspect as hell along with him being at the level he's able to maintain at in this point of his career but get's away with it as it's "good for the sport and a nice old people still got it story".) And died a bit along with the rest of the world when Tyson lost to Buster Douglas. That IMO is the biggest upset in boxing history.

You must not be aware. Floyd wanted to fight Mosely in his prime and Mosley was asked in the ring in an interview if he wanted to fight Floyd next and Mosely told the announcer his "tooth hurt and he needed a vacation". When Floyd finally did fight him Floyd called him out on it and Mosely said nothing.

De La Hoya was the top dog /cash cow when Floyd fought him and being A side Floyd had to agree to all his demands. Ring size, gloves, and De La Hoya outweighing him by several pounds.

Boxing should just stop and line up to fight Floyd?

and please. Pacquaio had countless ridiculous excuses to not fight Floyd. Every friggin thing was an excuse while setting up in house fights with Bob Arum claiming to want to fight Floyd when Floyd was publically known to have a fight already but then going silent when Floyd would call him out and then announcing his next opponent to duck the hell out of Floyd. Please. It was way past the juice. The dude was inconsistent with stories "cuts that don't heal till after Floyd signs to fight, building a stadium in the desert etc. GTFO

Dude I've seen JCC beat Camacho. I've seen Roy Jones beat Toney. Seen Tyson's fights. Seen the Klit's fights. Seen Jones lose to Tarver. Seen Meldrick Taylor lose within seconds to JCC. Seen Whitaker vs. Chavez and many more when they were happening. And used to love watching Mayorga trash talk and blow smoke in opponents faces. Even though he lost to De La Hoya it was hilarious when he went off on Oscar. lmao

Mayweather had mentioned GGG just before he fought Pac. Everyone says "never" till he does it. Who knows. If it does that sh1t will be a huge seller so he might go for it. GGG has power. That's about it. He does nothing better than Mayweather. And power can be significantly brought down. GGG said he'd go down to fight Floyd. Who knows if they may do a catchweight. GGG, Khan, Thurman, Brook hell anyone would sign ASAP to fight Mayweather for that payday. Yet the "threats" won't fight anyone whom poses a threat to them. Ward was recently talking and told Tom Loffler that if GGG isn't going to sign to fight him to keep his name out of his mouth. GGG has fought at Wards weightclass. Instead GGG is fighting Willie Whatssisname.

Khan has done NOTHING to deserve Mayweather. The dude refuses to defend his losses. Refuses to fight anyone but Mayweather and takes ALGERI next? LMFAO. A light welter who just lost to Pac no less. With a low KO ratio to protect his glass jaw. If that fight happens next it will bomb.

Kell Brook would be the best opponent for Floyd or Thurman. Thurman is good but it's due to his opposition. He's not facing all the top dogs. And he's limited. He's only hyped up because he has KO power.

And I do not believe Floyd will stop at 49 fights. He'll "retire" and most likely come back for an even bigger payday to fight his 50th fight to break Marciano's record. That 49 and I'm done is a negotiation tactic for one more comeback fight to get a huge payday.

Had to post this sh1t. Mayorga could trash talk his azz off. Hahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHr3P7qlk4k

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
^ pathetic wall of text from a diseased mancrush mind

^^^Butthurt sore loser.^^^ Cry more on Boxingscene. =)

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I noticed "no hugging" is rule #2 in the Marquis of Queensbury rules. Guys on sherdog, the mma forum, who have fought amateur boxing matches seem to agree that hugging isn't allowed at all in ammy matches. So then why is it allowed in pro matches, despite being blatantly against the rules?