Meeting a girl from match.com OR maybe not

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Set up a date with this girl from match.com last night over the phone. The plan was she is going to drive an hour and a half just to meet me for drinks (and possibly more after that). She had no problem with this, she said "i like to drive blah blah"...the convo was great had her laughing and all that.

So I email her this morning to cfm the date and let her know if she has any trouble on the way to call me.

So I just called her to cfm (a guy like me could have other plans if she flakes) and she let's it ring to voice mail and I left a message.

Now, if she doesn't email or call me back I'm thinking about not showing up.

What u guys think? Would you show up? I refuse to be stood up by some flakey b!tch that won't call me back to cfm the damn date.

LoveBOT

Don Juan
Reaction score
DUDE wake up and get out into the real world...if i had to lower myself to dating people i talked to on the internet my self esteme and confidence would plummet.

Get ahold of yourself man!.

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Answer the question at hand man... or don't reply please.

don't be a prick

Would you show or not show?

booga

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have any magic answers for this dilemma but my experience w/internet dating is that the flakeout rate is too high to make it worthwhile to go out of your way. A gentleman should always meet his commitments, but should be selective about what he agrees to do. Believe me I learned this the hard way.

In your case, you can make her come to you so if she flakes you haven't lost anything, but next time you will have to go to her. Do you really want to date someone so far away & have to do that on a regular basis?

PS: IMHO the internet sucks rocks for dating but that's my experience; YMMV.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You called to confirm with her and you set the date up last night? Does that sound a little bit wierd?

I'd go - the date was already confirmed last night when you talked to her right? She may just be busy banging some other guy today thats all.

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Game over

she just called

she's on her way

time to get my Leisure Suit on

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Immaculate
What u guys think? Would you show up? I refuse to be stood up by some flakey b!tch that won't call me back to cfm the damn date.
Personally, if this did happen I'd use it as a good opening when I start sarging women there since I'd be stag. Guys, no matter the situation, there is always opportunity.

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Meeting a girl from match.com OR maybe not

Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Personally, if this did happen I'd use it as a good opening when I start sarging women there since I'd be stag. Guys, no matter the situation, there is always opportunity.
good point buddy

Going to meet this girl within the hour...I'll give you a post date report .. but hopefully not tonight hehehe.. This girl drives 2 hours to meet at a place a block from my house?

If she doesn't come home with me tonight, something is seriously wrong...unless she has to go back home for her kid or something I dunno man with these single moms.

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Meeting a girl from match.com OR maybe not

:up:

I love that idea. I always have a harder time thinking of what I'm going to do with a particular girl than I do finding a girl to come with me to do something. For some reason it's so easy to get a girl to come with something that she knows you're doing with our without her - and being able to joke about getting stood up has got to show confidence. Many guys I know who get stood up will show up, wait as long as 2 hours, and then go home and hole themselves up not talking to anyone for the rest of the night.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Meeting a girl from match.com OR maybe not

Originally posted by BrotherAP
:up:

I love that idea. I always have a harder time thinking of what I'm going to do with a particular girl than I do finding a girl to come with me to do something. For some reason it's so easy to get a girl to come with something that she knows you're doing with our without her - and being able to joke about getting stood up has got to show confidence. Many guys I know who get stood up will show up, wait as long as 2 hours, and then go home and hole themselves up not talking to anyone for the rest of the night.
Guys, a twenty year old gets this (no offense), it's not a difficult concept.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Meeting a girl from match.com OR maybe not

Originally posted by Immaculate
good point buddy

Going to meet this girl within the hour...I'll give you a post date report .. but hopefully not tonight hehehe.. This girl drives 2 hours to meet at a place a block from my house?

If she doesn't come home with me tonight, something is seriously wrong...unless she has to go back home for her kid or something I dunno man with these single moms.
I'm not trying to be a naysayer, just realistic. You said it yourself, she may need to go home for her little ankle biter. Then again, the ex could have him or her.

Her making the drive is a good sign of interest. I had one come from the next state over (just an hour's drive or so) twice a week to see me. But then again she was coming for a specific reason. ;)

Just show her a good time. Oh yeah, make sure your place is cleaned up. It makes a huge difference on whether a woman chooses to spend the night or not.

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Meeting a girl from match.com OR maybe not

Guys, a twenty year old gets this (no offense), it's not a difficult concept.
Well, twenty-one actually. But I got it when I was twenty too ;)

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
update

ok guys here's how it went

We met up at Ruby Tuesdays.. convo was great my game as working

We went back to my place and popped a movie in...

We held hands, made out, but that was it.. she said she couldn't stay over because of her 7 years old kid.

But let me add damn, this girl was looking good as hell

I walked her out to her car and she left, we kissed on the lips and that was it.

Do I call her tomorrow?

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good Job

makeout or fclose on first date doesn't matter. Actually, if you want to see her again you may have a better chance this way. If she didn't plan on seeing you again but just wanted sex she would've done you already.

Now, if you had gotten her pants off but didn't stick it in That's different. Women take offense to that or think you're weak (Im not sure which). When this has happened to me, they start flakey the next time I call.

Always try to at least make out on the first meeting. If she won't do it then, she'll probably be a pain and want to go on lots of dates. A definite no-no for me.

Make out or fclose on first meeting: I'll take either.

If pants are removed: Always stick it in. Never eat the taco or just play magic fingers once the pants are off. Follow through all the way.

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Good Job

Originally posted by everywomanshero
makeout or fclose on first date doesn't matter. Actually, if you want to see her again you may have a better chance this way. If she didn't plan on seeing you again but just wanted sex she would've done you already.

Now, if you had gotten her pants off but didn't stick it in That's different. Women take offense to that or think you're weak (Im not sure which). When this has happened to me, they start flakey the next time I call.

Always try to at least make out on the first meeting. If she won't do it then, she'll probably be a pain and want to go on lots of dates. A definite no-no for me.

If pants are removed: Always stick it in. Never eat the taco or just play magic fingers once the pants are off. Follow through all the way.

nope there was no pants removed or anything... we started holding hands during the movie and everytime I kissed her she didn't reject at all.. we had some tongue action going for awhile but I didn't feel her up, or anything.. I was just playing it smooth...

I'm pretty sure she's into me.. and this girl would be great but she has hat kid... I don't know what to do.

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For those of you bashing internet dating, at least this guy is going on a date! There is a lot of keyboard jockies here who WISH they could even do this much.

sparky1981

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Good Job

Originally posted by everywomanshero

I never heard this advice b4. I'll try following it since I just recently started going out with this chick. Gone out with her twice and talk a lot but i definately know I'm on the way to getting some with her. Does it matter who takes the pants off

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by I'm Joe Dirt
For those of you bashing internet dating, at least this guy is going on a date! There is a lot of keyboard jockies here who WISH they could even do this much.

bashing internet dating lol!

I had a hot ass girl over at my house tonight and we were making out like crazy...abd hottamn her lips were sexy ..

at least I got some action tonight... who cares where it came from.

bottom line - hot chick at my house making out

BigFoot

Don Juan
Reaction score
The real attractive women don't need to resort to "internet dating". Ask some - they will hardly know what you are talking about. For the few that are hot (in their pictures anyway) they can get 50 emails or contacts a day so you have little chance of getting their attention - certainly alot less than if you knew them in person.
Basically the same thing holds true for
"attractive" guys. When my friend was seperated from his wife recently, and soon to be divorced, word got around and women were approaching HIM ! Internet dating would be (and is) of no interest to him.