Major Advice!!!

Jus_LikeCandy

Banned
Reaction score
Very interesting statment. See, it is quite different for a girl. I would like to feel like I am a part of something that is meaningful. There is no definition to this.

I don't want to become his life and I don't want him to become my life. There is no time for that. I don't have he time. I don't want to be committed to something that doesn't exist.

I am far from needy or clingy. I barely call him. I may throw him a text every now and then and ask how he is doing and that is about it. No needy or clinginess.

Mortukai

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm no expert on this ****, being a rAFC and all, but here's my two cents anyway:

It sounds to me like you are looking for a token. Something significant to make your relationship with this guy "official". Like the handing over of keys when you buy a car, or an engagement ring. Something to signify permenancy and commitment, so you can let go of any anxiety about the future of your emotions for this guy. You love him, and you want some assurance that your love won't go away, at least in the short term. In this case, you want him to "make it all official", so you can feel secure in your attachment to him.

But as someone mentioned earlier, you are doing something that all girls do: focusing on the specific little details, and not the big picture. You want single important signs and tokens, and you're not putting things together and seeing the patterns and collective meaning.

This guy is seeing you exclusively. He has revealed his affection for you in how he reacted when you got with someone else (if he didn't care, he wouldn't get jealous). He sleeps with you, talks to you, hugs you to sleep, hangs out with you, etc. These are all things people do together in a relationship. In fact, from what you've described (so there may be things we don't know because you haven't told us), it sounds like sans him coming out and saying "we're in a relationship now", there's not much more he could do to be in a relationship with you.

In other words, for all intents and purposes, you two are already in a relationship. You just haven't been given any tokens signifying such.

Are you happy with the time you spend together? Is he? Would you like to spend more time together? Would he? If so, just start spending more time together. Forget the token. You've already got everything else that the token is supposed to signify.

The last thing I'll comment on, is that from what you say, this guy is pretty awesome. It sounds like he could get other girls if he wanted. Yet he hasn't. He's only seeing you. But you know he COULD get other girls, and you know you can't control him. Deep down, you should realise that this is a big part of what attracts you to him so strongly. If you DID recieve some token of a "proper" relationship, you may find that your attraction for him diminishes, because there is no longer the thrill/threat of not having him. Perhaps he realises this, and so he's simply being crafty and playing his cards right so that you don't lose interest in him. This would explain all the "speaking in riddles" and stuff. He doesn't want to lower his game because he doesn't want to lose you, so he maintains the mystery.

By virtue of you being in love with him and asking us all how to "win" him (to win what you already have...), it appears what he is doing is working.

In other words, you love him. He is fvcking you exclusively and will hug you to sleep at night... what more do you want? Are you willing to fvck up what you have in an irrational attempt to get more (whatever "more" may be)?

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh my goodness

you're still obsessing over this one dude ? Time for you to find some other guys to date - kill that one-itis, and you'll have the upper hand ! :up:

Jus_LikeCandy

Banned
Reaction score
In other words, you love him. He is fvcking you exclusively and will hug you to sleep at night... what more do you want? Are you willing to fvck up what you have in an irrational attempt to get more (whatever "more" may be)?
That is exactly what I am trying to decide. That is my situation exactly. There are soooo many girls that want to be with him. He is very popular and I think that if he isn't committed, he sort of has the freedom to bounce whenever he wants.

I would like to spend more time with him. I would like to go out wih him more. These are the things I would like to do with him. We never have a solid scheduled time to see each other. It is a "whenever he calls" type thing, which doesnt work for me anymore. It is knid of like we have been in this limbo bouncing back and forth for a year and a half.

He knows that I got tired of it before and messed around cause he said he wouldn't care, but he was extremely angry and upset. Why would he risks that happening aagin?? If he really cares??

Mortukai

Don Juan
Reaction score
you're still obsessing over this one dude ? Time for you to find some other guys to date - kill that one-itis, and you'll have the upper hand !
Erm... she's a girl dude. Not a guy. Telling girls to act like guys is so damn stupid for so many reasons I couldn't be bothered listing them all. Suffice to say that girls acting like guys is the cause of many problems today.

That is exactly what I am trying to decide. That is my situation exactly. There are soooo many girls that want to be with him. He is very popular and I think that if he isn't committed, he sort of has the freedom to bounce whenever he wants.
He has that freedom. Yet he chooses not to exercise it.

Actions speak far louder than words. Why aren't you hearing them? Is your fear and natural competition with other females really that powerful? Do you truly undervalue yourself so much that you are afraid of him choosing someone else over you despite FACT that he hasn't done so and has every oppurtunity to?

I would like to spend more time with him. I would like to go out wih him more. These are the things I would like to do with him. We never have a solid scheduled time to see each other. It is a "whenever he calls" type thing, which doesnt work for me anymore. It is knid of like we have been in this limbo bouncing back and forth for a year and a half.
Ok, then try calling him and arranging to spend time together. He may agree, or he may disagree on the time and reschedule on his terms (like a man). What's important is you conveying that you want to spend more time with him.

Or maybe just show up out of the blue and give him a BJ ;)

He knows that I got tired of it before and messed around cause he said he wouldn't care, but he was extremely angry and upset. Why would he risks that happening aagin?? If he really cares??
Why would he risk getting closer to you and risk being hurt again?

See, he's looking out for himself (just like you're looking out for yourself). You've hurt him once. He said he wouldn't care because he didn't want to appear weak or dependant on you at the time. And you hurt him (I'm not blaming you, I'm saying things from his perspective so you can see where he's coming from). Imagine the situation were exactly reversed, and you were him and he was you. How would you react? Do you really think he's going to get MORE attached to you and risk even greater hurt?

I don't think so. If I was in his shoes, I sure wouldn't. I'd keep my distance and try to get as much pleasure as I could from you with as little risk of emotional pain as possible. In fact, putting myself in his shoes, I can pretty much assure you that he has STRONG feelings for you. Strong enough that he's still with you despite you burning him before. No doubt though he's trying to do everything in his power to maintain control and distance while fighting his feelings for you. His fear is fighting with his desire. I suggest you don't add to that conflict, or the balance may tip in a direction you don't want.

But yeah, I'm not him. I'm not you either. I'm me. This is just me calling it as I see it. If it makes sense to you, great! If not, oh well. :)

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mortukai
Erm... she's a girl dude. Not a guy. Telling girls to act like guys is so damn stupid for so many reasons I couldn't be bothered listing them all. Suffice to say that girls acting like guys is the cause of many problems today.
Yup, you're right - it's extremely stupid. Almost nearly as stupid as a girl seeking relationship advice on an almost exclusively male forum designed to help men attract women :D

Jus_LikeCandy

Banned
Reaction score
Okay. My mommy told me to relax and chill the fvck out and enjoy the fun!!! Well, not in those words.

I guess maybe I should and chill out on the sex a little.

Mortukai

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, I'll add one more thing:

From what I can gather, if you want this guy to be more "there for you" than he currently is, then I think the best way to go about it would be to fulfill his needs. Right now, I'd hazard a guess that what he needs from you, is assurance. He needs to trust you. Only once he can fully trust you will he be able to get closer to you the way you want him to.

You can't make him trust you by playing games on him, or withholding sex. That would have the opposite effect. You have to do it the hard way. Make it known to him through your thoughts, attitudes, conversations, and most of all, behaviour, that you only have eyes for him. That you won't stray. That you love him, and won't hurt him again. Until he has that assurance, I doubt you'll be successful in getting anything more from him, unless his fear of losing you is greater than his fear of being burned, in which case you can quite easily turn him into a pathetic AFC puppy by distancing yourself from him.

But I doubt that's what you want, and it wouldn't work in the long run anyway.

So yeah, work on letting him know that you are trustworthy and faithful and commited to him. That'd be your best bet by my reckoning.

Jus_LikeCandy

Banned
Reaction score
So, I have to give it more time. It has only been a month since he has been back. I guess, I was chill and let him know that he can trust me. Even though it is not like I cheated on him......We weren't "together" officially.