LTR sudden ending

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kimber ... sorry your so bitter .. you know it doesnt have to be that way. There is a way to make LTRs and marriages work 100% you can fall in love with anyone. ITs a formula that you can piece together.. go read my intro thread in the married guy forum and you will see where to get these tools to actually have a fulfilling LTR or marriage. I promise It works.

ayava

Don Juan
Reaction score
Question:

So its going on a little over 6 weeks since the end of this LTR and I've maintained NC the entire time (which may not seem like a big deal, but its been pretty hard).

I have no intention of breaking it, but an issue has come up and I'm not sure how to approach it.

I have a social event coming up in a few days with about 20 close friends including the ex, and its a dinner, so no real way to avoid her. I want to go because we are giving a group gift to a friend who just recovered from a severe illness.

I'm not sure how to play this one. Obviously I don't want to look like I'm avoiding it because of her, but I'm not really "over" things to the point where I can pretend this whole thing still isn't bothering me. This would be our first time seeing each other or speaking since the break up. I have no intention of trying to re-kindle anything, but its just a question of

a) how to act, and b) not undoing all the progress I've made so far.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
If you can, go with a good looking woman and be everyones friend, be polite to the ex, keep the dialogue to the bare bones, polite, curteous but avoid any talk of you two, missing her and sh!te, if she asks how you are, you smile and say " m absolutely fine as Im sure you are" then move along

ayava

Don Juan
Reaction score
betheman said:
If you can, go with a good looking woman and be everyones friend, be polite to the ex, keep the dialogue to the bare bones, polite, curteous but avoid any talk of you two, missing her and sh!te, if she asks how you are, you smile and say " m absolutely fine as Im sure you are" then move along
The good-looking woman route is out as its a private thing. The rest is solid advice.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
ayava said:
The good-looking woman route is out as its a private thing. The rest is solid advice.
its all you can do, you avoid it you lose respect from others, they will be watching, do not overdo it, try and remain composed and natural, any talk of you and her, smile and move the subject along.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ayava said:
a) how to act, and b) not undoing all the progress I've made so far.
to be honest, who gives a sh!t about how you act, really.

I mean, you 2 are done. You still have some residual feelings as is normal and human. But, its all meaningless, its just pointless.

Just go, try to have a nice time, acknowlege to yourself that you feel a little fvcked up over her still and carry on like a normal human being. I really wouldnt "try" to be anything in particular, you're not fooling anyone anyway.
Thats all.