Looks vs personality

Super_geek

Don Juan
Reaction score
So what is your take on this?

Are looks more important? or is personality more important?

Ive seen average looking guys with good looking women, Ive also seen plenty of good looking guys with hot women, but Ive probably never seen an ugly guy with a hot woman (okay, maybe a enough times to count on one hand).

This leads me to believe that looks are a key player, if your ugly; your screwed. IMHO

KoalaKing

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen many ugly pop stars and sports champions with gorgeous girls but not so many average looking guys who live normal lives. :yes:

Distant Light

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personality is way more important than looks, don't make no excuse that your not getting girls because of your looks because that is a lie and your being an Excuser

Black Circle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Super_geek said:
Ive seen average looking guys with good looking women, Ive also seen plenty of good looking guys with hot women, but Ive probably never seen an ugly guy with a hot woman (okay, maybe a enough times to count on one hand).
You forgot to mention good looking guys with ugly women, ive seen pleanty of that and almost became a victim.

Back to your question, I think your making excuses, play the numbers game and see what you can do, odds are your not that bad looking and you can do what it takes to improve your looks. No excuses, sarge on.

KoalaKing

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Very few guys on this site will tell you that looks are more important than personality due to the fact that, Neil Strauss, David DeAngelo, Swinggcat, and, Mystery, all state that techniques can beat good looks, and sometimes they can, it depends on who the pretty girl is, some prefer good looking guys, yet others prefer the guys personality, not all pretty girls like the same things. :rock:

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Distant Light said:
Personality is way more important than looks, don't make no excuse that your not getting girls because of your looks because that is a lie and your being an Excuser
that would depend on the situation. for a fvck buddy or a lay every now and then, both sexes want someone good looking.

However for relationship material, personality is a must have. in any case it doesnt hurt to have both the looks and the personality.

bingo_

Don Juan
Reaction score
i think i can thank my good looks for some of my situations. but then again, my charm + ****y attitude kicks in some bonus.

Last edited:

Trapper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hahaha i guess money talks, looks and personality walks for many of today women..

Chosen1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this yesterday. I guess looks do matter to a certain extent. But let's just take a look at the guys who are ugly and get girls: Ross Jeffries,Gene Simmons, my best friend,Dennis Rodman. The list goes on and on,but this is my theory. Guys that are ugly and don't do anything can sleep with good looking girs, only if there confidence and game is real tight. Ugly guys that suck can't do that as well. Really handsome guys can sleep with gorgeous women only if their game is tight. If they lack confidence their not likely to sleep with anyone but a *****. That's my take of this whole crazy mess.

KoalaKing

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Chosen1 said:
I was just thinking about this yesterday. I guess looks do matter to a certain extent. But let's just take a look at the guys who are ugly and get girls: Ross Jeffries,Gene Simmons, my best friend,Dennis Rodman. The list goes on and on,but this is my theory. Guys that are ugly and don't do anything can sleep with good looking girs, only if there confidence and game is real tight. Ugly guys that suck can't do that as well. Really handsome guys can sleep with gorgeous women only if their game is tight. If they lack confidence their not likely to sleep with anyone but a *****. That's my take of this whole crazy mess.
Dennis Rodman only needs to play one game to allure gorgeous girls and that is Basketball, he is above all average Joe AlphaMales, he doesn't need to do anything to get girls, he could sh-it in his own pants and walk around a nightclub in them and still get to fu-ck the most gorgeous chicks, his high value status is already well and truly set. :D

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok take looks and P and throw them away.

For Cereal throw them as far as you can away from your brain!!!!!

Now listen: Image and Statue.

Replace those with looks and P.

Now we move on.

Image: not apperance Image. This is the shell. SUCCESS my friend. Studies show that useing the same guy in diffrent clothes has a huge diffrence in ladies choices. The SAME GUY same LOOKS diffrent IMAGE. Once time the guy dresses casual (t-shirt jeans) gets 15% of the #'s. Same Guy (model by the way) dressed in business clothes gets over 50% of #'s.

Now Statue is harder to explain. This isn't your job title or what car you drive or the throphes on you shelf. This is your abillity to Own your World. I don't mean be a D..Richard amoung men I mean be a Giant amoung dwarfs. Confedence is Key. Drive is a must. You have to be a Warrior with Class. In all honosty most of us will never get there. Genetics is a MoFo. BUT you sure as hell can fake it till you don't have to fake it anymore.

SO Dress Good. Not trendy or off beat. Be honest To yourself (if not to anybody else, respect yourself enough to be honest) Know your body and find out what really looks good-on you! Than go out there with the heart of a Lion, Chin Up, Chest Out, Back Straight, Look 'em in the Eye, and be a Giant amoung Dwarfs. JUST DON'T STEP ON THE DWARFS.

Remember IMAGE AND STATUES... a 'lil Rebel never hurts either.

Distant Light

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ScrewIt said:
that would depend on the situation. for a fvck buddy or a lay every now and then, both sexes want someone good looking.
Totally wrong because in order to even get a **** buddy you have to game her and your game basically consist of your personality, bodylanguage, voice, and style (The way you dress) yes looks matter to a certain extent but you got guys in wheel chairs and severe burns on there face still pulling girls. Like that other guy had said look at some of the guys who get girls who are ugly. Have you ever seen how steve P looks...

Girls aren't much a of a looks person as you would think its all about social conditioning as to why they logically try to say they base who they go out with on looks.

BigFoot

Don Juan
Reaction score
I say looks are usually more important. Just like a flashy car, they draw people in until they find the problems, and even then they may prefer to keep the BMW with the problems. :)
More seriously, personality traits are important, but appearance is the first attractor that allows you to apply your personality to more women with a great chance of success.

Kurt the KJ

Banned
Reaction score
This is a no-brainer. Looks of course. You can't do much to improve your appearance and it is often expensive with bad results. Personality, on the other hand, is easy to improve.

P.S. Chosen1- Those guys you listed aren't below average or even average in looks.

bigmil

Don Juan
Reaction score
looks are more important but you have to have the confidence to go along with it. Confidence is THE mst attractive quality you can posses. It will get you everywhere with a woman. I've seen above-average guys (myself included) that lacked the confidence to pull hotties.

ORTIZ SANCHEZ

Don Juan
Reaction score
i would say personality with that could get a chick looks are a small % of the package

MightyMate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personality is more important. But beein crappy guy makes hard to get girl interested enaugh to meet peronality.
And in girls looks are more important whatever You say guys. Without looks theres no go for nothing.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Neither is as important as value. Women are more attracted to value than anything. This is why famous people get laid, and this is why you can get any woman in a bar if you walk in with 5 hot women hanging on your arms.